Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President (18463 Views)

Turkish President Stops His Motorcade To Talk Down Man Trying To Jump Off Bridge / Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Zaikon(m): 9:56am On Dec 26, 2014
THE FACT IS, ITS NOT RIGHT TO INSULT ONES LEADER/RULER EVEN IF THE LEADER/RULER FAILEd YOU/US #islamteachings
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by manutdadex(m): 9:56am On Dec 26, 2014
MarieSucre:
Seriously! who are those clicking 'like' to this comment. This is plain bigotry. How did the actions of one man monopolizing power become the fault of islam? come on people. we are saner than this.
saner *Laffin in arabic* u dey dis world so?u shud av spoken for urself
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by major466(m): 9:57am On Dec 26, 2014
golor:
If Jonathan apply such power in 9ja,i swear he will arrest 40% of it citizen...some time i can't just hold bt to feel d pain of seeing some one fada receiving such insult....leadership is nt a one man business bt everybody's business.those insulting,if u should go to their family of 4,they re having problem every here and then,they can't lead their family but they re insulting some one who is leadin a whole nation.
Words of Wisdom.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by mikolo80: 9:57am On Dec 26, 2014
golor:
If Jonathan apply such power in 9ja,i swear he will arrest 40% of it citizen...some time i can't just hold bt to feel d pain of seeing some one fada receiving such insult....leadership is nt a one man business bt everybody's business.those insulting,if u should go to their family of 4,they re having problem every here and then,they can't lead their family but they re insulting some one who is leadin a whole nation.
is awolowo not someones fada,or abiola,or muritala why ppl no insult them.if person fada behave stupid his childrens mate will insult him. Just imagine all the ppl he has mistaught and missupervised in the university who will go on to misteach and missupervise even more clueless ppl.can you see why he receives insult
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by M4gunners: 9:58am On Dec 26, 2014
mamajohn:
Are you serious at all! Do you respects a president who disrespects your destiny!
You must be high on rice and chicken!
Is not GEJ that disrespect ur destiny.So get that first in ur head. IBB,OBJ,GMB, and so on when you acknowledge this first, then can add GEJ.

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Millionjazz(m): 9:58am On Dec 26, 2014
All I know Is that buhari is far below the competition...GEJ untill islam as a religion starts valuing people and lives...what a blood-thirsty and flesh hungry religion...

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Hemanwel(m): 9:58am On Dec 26, 2014
Nigerians say GEJ is a weak President cos
they are used to a military rule that is
characterised by
dictatorship,bellicosity,aggression,war-
mongering,man-handling,etc.
The psychological effect decades of military
rule left in our lives is still impacting
on us hence,GEJ's government is termed
weak.
You do not expect a civil individual with
the highest level of education to rule like
an illiterate soldier or an ex-soldier in
civilian attire.

10 Likes

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by safarigirl(f): 9:59am On Dec 26, 2014
Chaleeee:

Drafted on March 29,1984, Decree No. 4 was the most dreaded, most repressive and the last press law enacted in Nigeria. It was promulgated during the military regime of Major General Buhari which did not take kindly to press criticisms.

The law was drafted to punish authors of false statements and reports that exposed the Buhari administration and or its officials to ridicule or contempt.
Section 1, sub-sections (i), (ii) and (iii) of the law - the most formidable section - provided that:
Any person who publishes in any form, whether written or otherwise, any message,rumour, report or statement, being a message, rumour, statement or report which is false in any material particular or which brings or is calculated to bring the Federal Military Government or the Government of a state or public officer to ridicule or disrepute, shall be guilty of an offence under this Decree.

Any station for wireless telegraphy which conveys or transmits any sound or visual message, rumour, report or statement, being a message, rumour, report or statement which is false in any material particular or which brings or is calculated to bring the Federal Government or the Government of a state or a public officer to ridicule or disrepute, shall be guilty of an offence under this Decree.

It shall be an offence under this Decree for a newspaper or wireless telegraphy station in Nigeria to publish or transmit any message, rumour, report or statement which is false in any material particular stating that any public officer has in any manner been engaged in corrupt practices or has in any manner comiptly enriched himself or any other person {Gazette, 1984).
this proves nothing malicious.

The decree was SPECIFICALLY targeting those who spread FALSE news about government offivials or government.

In fact, we should add such to our constitution so those lazy 20 kobo journalists that publish whatever news the highest bidder wishes Nigerians to read can sit up.

We need factual news, the likes that have been thoroughly investigated before being published, not the useless akara sellers gossip that passes as news in our tabloids

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by BabylonCruise(m): 10:00am On Dec 26, 2014
mamajohn:
Are you serious at all! Do you respects a president who disrespects your destiny!
if U want succeed then U ve got 2 work hard,stop blamin someone dat doesn't even bear d same surname wit U 4 ur failures. Destiny my Ass
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by mikolo80: 10:00am On Dec 26, 2014
madridguy:
This is problem of we African. I just imagined how this nation we move forward when we have allow religion sentiment to be our number one major concern. What is this gotten to do with Islam ? There are so many shootings going on now in the US, white cops killing Black teenager, no one is attaching that to any religion. Well, Allahumo aribu mon araba Islam.
cos muslims foolishly allow media to brand them as bloodsuckers and they refuse to showcase their good sides and denounce bad muslims
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by manutdadex(m): 10:01am On Dec 26, 2014
safarigirl:

The decree was SPECIFICALLY targeting those who spread FALSE news about government offivials or government.

In fact, we should add such to our constitution so those lazy 20 kobo journalists that publish whatever news the highest bidder wishes Nigerians to read can sit up.

We need factual news, the likes that have been thoroughly investigated before being published, not the useless akara sellers gossip that passes as news in our tabloids
false...who dictates d falsy nature of dis news?
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by nora544: 10:02am On Dec 26, 2014
Erdogan is a corrupt politican, and help his family to get money.

when you read in the last month he build a new president house in a nature reservate.

He told the woman that they have to wear headscarf.

Erdogan is a dictator not more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recep_Tayyip_Erdo%C4%9Fan
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Obipat(m): 10:02am On Dec 26, 2014
Our president said ordinary stealing is not corruption, what if I call presido "thieve" did I insult him?
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Goodquestion(m): 10:04am On Dec 26, 2014
MarieSucre:
pls elucidate on this prayer or moral or physical support?

There is nothing to elucidate pls everybody needs each other to excel. Pray even for your enemies because the Holy book ask us to be our brothers keeper. In as much as i don't wish him to be our next president come next year, we still should pray for him in the little time he has to complete his tenure. Am not the fan of Buhari and i cease to support Gej in that case am not participating in the coming election. God bless you sister. I don't mean no hurt. God bless Nigeria.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 26, 2014
tpacalipse:
For destroying the nation, abi? Yeye dey smell.
not a gej fan, but when did nigeria become a nation? Has there not been killings up north before gej became president? My uncle,his wife and his only son escaped death in 1991 in kano riot n never returned to that city till date, was gej the president? cry

6 Likes

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by mescapee: 10:04am On Dec 26, 2014
safarigirl:

Is that so?
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Dannylux: 10:04am On Dec 26, 2014
mamajohn:
Prayer! No, I'd rather pray against GEJ, he is a weakling President

What manner of reasoning is this?

Why have you decided to sell your soul to Buhari?

Turkey is a Muslim country, this goes a long way to tell us what we should expect should Buhari emerge president. God will never allow that, never!
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by okiezman(m): 10:05am On Dec 26, 2014
faqman:

who tell u dem be muslims....
islam my yansh...

They are
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by rozayx5(m): 10:05am On Dec 26, 2014
Chaleeee:

Drafted on March 29,1984, Decree No. 4 was the most dreaded, most repressive and the last press law enacted in Nigeria. It was promulgated during the military regime of Major General Buhari which did not take kindly to press criticisms.

The law was drafted to punish authors of false statements and reports that exposed the Buhari administration and or its officials to ridicule or contempt.
Section 1, sub-sections (i), (ii) and (iii) of the law - the most formidable section - provided that:
Any person who publishes in any form, whether written or otherwise, any message,rumour, report or statement, being a message, rumour, statement or report which is false in any material particular or which brings or is calculated to bring the Federal Military Government or the Government of a state or public officer to ridicule or disrepute, shall be guilty of an offence under this Decree.

Any station for wireless telegraphy which conveys or transmits any sound or visual message, rumour, report or statement, being a message, rumour, report or statement which is false in any material particular or which brings or is calculated to bring the Federal Government or the Government of a state or a public officer to ridicule or disrepute, shall be guilty of an offence under this Decree.

It shall be an offence under this Decree for a newspaper or wireless telegraphy station in Nigeria to publish or transmit any message, rumour, report or statement which is false in any material particular stating that any public officer has in any manner been engaged in corrupt practices or has in any manner comiptly enriched himself or any other person {Gazette, 1984).

omenka , barcanista and co always develop temporary blindness when they see posts like the one above cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
u guys will never foist a dictator on us

3 Likes

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 26, 2014
mamajohn:

And is that a yardstick to insult someone old enough to be your father? No one is perfect, all because you don't like his government you find fault in everything he does.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by MarieSucre(f): 10:05am On Dec 26, 2014
mazzi:
u must be an ite mpataka(epitomy of illiteracy)if u can't interpret wot she wrote.
I understood what she wrote but in what context is what i ask. especially the moral and physical. should we go and pat Jonathan on the shoulder after each bomb blast to morally uplift him for staying office despite the 'born to rules' plan of take over or should we physically carry our holy kpako to the north east to flog boko haram out despite all the promises from our government and the army that they are taking care of the money sorry situation or should we hold non-stop revival that unemployment rates will drop despite already doing that for the last 6 years of his presidency. i'm not sure what she means but if it means doing the same thing we've been doing and getting the same results. sorry i think i'll pass.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by okiezman(m): 10:06am On Dec 26, 2014
madridguy:
This is problem of we African. I just imagined how this nation we move forward when we have allow religion sentiment to be our number one major concern. What is this gotten to do with Islam ? There are so many shootings going on now in the US, white cops killing Black teenager, no one is attaching that to any religion. Well, Allahumo aribu mon araba Islam.

It's attached to racism don't say rubbish pls

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by rozayx5(m): 10:06am On Dec 26, 2014
safarigirl:

an illiterate will always gag an educated press undecided
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by optimusprime2(m): 10:09am On Dec 26, 2014
Hala Hala...
#SMH
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Dannylux: 10:10am On Dec 26, 2014
There's no way you can separate Religion from leadership, at least not in Nigeria. Those of you who keep raining insults on people for rejecting Buhari for religious reasons are simply hypocrites.

Sentiments must be involved.

God forbids Buhari.

Imagine where you can't air your opinion freely without fear of persecution? that's not change but enslavement.

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Goodquestion(m): 10:15am On Dec 26, 2014
MarieSucre:
pls elucidate on this prayer or moral or physical support?

Moral here you can educate him on what he knows not. Physical by doing your own part to make the change you are agitating for. The problem we have is after electing a representative we wait for them to solve our problems it can't be done that way. This same government demolished my shop and my brother's own last years November but that does not stop me from praying for them and doing my part to rise again.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by safarigirl(f): 10:15am On Dec 26, 2014
rozayx5:

an illiterate will always gag an educated press undecided
tell your educated press to explain to us where the missing $20 billion went.

What about the chibok girls? What's the true story behind all of that? What about the collapse of the synagogue? What exactly is the story behind that?

The fact that you would even refer to the half-baked, impoverished, truth-twisting semi-literates that are responsible for news in Nigeria an 'educated' press is an insult to the likes of Al jazeera's Peter Greste and Barnaby Phillips or CNN's Anderson Cooper. You do NOT have an educated press. You don't even have a press at all

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Hemanwel(m): 10:15am On Dec 26, 2014
mamajohn:
Prayer! No, I'd rather pray against GEJ, he is a weakling President
You want a dictatator,an aggressor,a bellicose man,a man-handler,a war monger,etc,as a leader,right?
Sorry to burst your bubble!GEJ will not stoop to your standards,you hear?
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 26, 2014
The government didn't stop any press from publishing news report, it only promulgate false reportage. I think it is against the ethics of journalism to publish false article.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by dat9jaguy(m): 10:18am On Dec 26, 2014
golor:

If you can't stand the heat leave the kitchen.Leadership is not by force.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by uzolexis(f): 10:21am On Dec 26, 2014
Goodquestion:

There is nothing to elucidate pls everybody needs each other to excel. Pray even for your enemies because the Holy book ask us to be our brothers keeper. In as much as i don't wish him to be our next president come next year, we still should pray for him in the little time he has to complete his tenure. Am not the fan of Buhari and i cease to support Gej in that case am not participating in the coming election. God bless you sister. I don't mean no hurt. God bless Nigeria.

Vote 4 d female presidential candidate then smiley

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by juman(m): 10:21am On Dec 26, 2014
From what we read in the news, the turkish president and his party are corrupt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Than 400 Detained In Russia As Country Mourns The Death Of Alexei Navalny / Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire / Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.