Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,791 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

When Are We Going To Realise That Marriage Isn't For Everyone - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Are We Going To Realise That Marriage Isn't For Everyone (559 Views)

When You Meet Her In Person And Realise Her IG Pix Was Photoshopped / 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down / I Dated My Fiancee For 10 Years, Now I Realise Marriage Isn't For Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Are We Going To Realise That Marriage Isn't For Everyone by Beemhan(m): 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
Matthew 19:11-12

But Jesus said, "Not everyone is mature enough to live a
married life. It requires a certain aptitude and grace. Marriage
isn't for everyone.
12: Some, from birth seemingly, never give marriage a thought. Others never get asked - or accepted. And some decide not to get married for kingdom reasons. But if you're capable of growing into the largeness of marriage, do it."

1 Corinthians 7 (here apostle Paul spoke xtensivly to the Corinthians about marriage) in verse 7 he said; Sometimes I wish everyone were single like me—a simpler life in many ways! But celibacy is not for everyone any more than marriage is. God gives the gift of the single life to some, the gift of the married life to others.

This mornin, while i was chattin wit a much older &married cousin of mine he told me inter alia “...Never get married. I warn you not to be a fool like me..."
it's not like am so keen about gettin married whenever the time comes, afterall I had already learnt in my family dat Marriage is the only thing that everyone is so gung-ho to want to do when they have a high chance of failure. I mean, how do ppl not cautiously think about the choice of wether or not to get married with the staggering statistics? We are cautious about everything from safe-sex, drugs, ebola and breast cancer awareness but where is the marriage cautiousness. We don’t do the necessary soul-searching, introspective thinking, and self-evaluation to truly conjure if one we are ready to get married and two if we are even marriage material?
Here's the thing: I think marriage is great for SOME PEOPLE, while for some others, it may not be the right way to go, as buttressed by the aforementioned biblical passages, despite a widely held notion to the contrary. Marriage ought to be a lifetime thingy, meaning that you'll be that persons companion and friend for the rest of your life. its pitiably dismal that people who cannot even keep a friendship or relationship for more than 2 or 3 years talk about gettin married. Too bad our society has made marriage a title which everyone must acquire by hook or by crook, in order to be relevant, may God help us

1 Like

Re: When Are We Going To Realise That Marriage Isn't For Everyone by Princecalm(m): 12:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
Not for everyone truly, but it is a tradition that has come to envelop us.
Re: When Are We Going To Realise That Marriage Isn't For Everyone by TDstarr: 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
Princecalm:
Not for everyone truly, but it is a tradition that has come to envelop us.
i see some women dat are supposed to be single mothers, they r bossy, independent, such cant stay under a man no matter wat, even guys like me dat we like our own space

2 Likes

Re: When Are We Going To Realise That Marriage Isn't For Everyone by yomi007k(m): 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
Africans don't like Reality,we prefer to live a fantasy.

1 Like

Re: When Are We Going To Realise That Marriage Isn't For Everyone by oshe11: 12:54pm On Dec 26, 2014
no one stops U 4rm bein single if u feel lyk, bt leav dose dat wana to do dat unda d guidiance of God to kontinue.... Abi U tink say hookin a man wit pregnancy n forcin him to marry U na Marriage? Real Marriage is swt dats y U av to put God 1st bt if U feel lyk U'd prefer bein single, do dat bt also dnt 4gt to put God 1st...... #MyOpinion

(1) (Reply)

Dear Nairalanders How Could I Get Over With This / Promise And Oath / Who Would You Say Took Things Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.