Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,960 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? (57279 Views)

Poll: Waist beads and chains are:

Attractive: 81% (135 votes)
Repulsive: 18% (31 votes)
This poll has ended

With WAIST TRAINERS, Where Do The Organs Go? / Naija Santa On Beads And Aso Oke Attire (pics) / Nigerian Girl With Waist-long Hair (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by MrCrackles(m): 1:00am On Dec 07, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

No beads has yet been made for my large girth angry angry angry

i would make it 4u

i know ur size so dont tell me

grin tongue kiss
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by tope2000(f): 1:01am On Dec 07, 2008
MrCrackles:

i would make it 4u

i know ur size so don't tell me

grin tongue kiss

Chai , how u take now lipsrsealed grin
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Nobody: 1:03am On Dec 07, 2008
tope2000:

help me ask am o. . . .

I no get big booty abeg, I dey talk abt my robust hips
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by MrCrackles(m): 1:04am On Dec 07, 2008
tope2000:

E no concern u

Abi u wan make i organise one for your bootay?! tongue cheesy
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Nobody: 1:05am On Dec 07, 2008
tope2000:

Ahn ahn when u r not ennyluv grin grin
ennyluv getz nothing on me. . . .I big pass am tongue

j-girl:

KAIIIII!
It's not easy to be bodalicious cheesy cheesy cheesy
You should know. . . .mis manCHESTer grin grin
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by tope2000(f): 1:05am On Dec 07, 2008
MrCrackles:

E no concern u

Abi u wan make i organise one for your bootay?! tongue cheesy

Lmao grin grin
I already have, thanks grin wink

@Morenike
I rebuke that 4 u, say Amen grin
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 07, 2008
Amen!! eba mi k'alleluyah grin grin
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by mrswag(m): 6:11am On Dec 11, 2008
On camp(NYSC), a girl was upset by my waist chain and told me it's wrong. If one can wear chains and beads on the neck, wrists, ears and ankles, what's wrong with the waist?

Nuttin wrong though, just makes u desirable, FU%K-wise. lol grin
But to be serious, it gets u laid sooner than expected cool so, if thats what u want, is advisable
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by origina9ja(f): 3:29pm On Jun 05, 2009
Its nice i guess
i just dont see the point wearing it
as i feel there is a hidden meaning to it lipsrsealed
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by mohawkchic(f): 6:51pm On Jun 05, 2009
origina9ja:

Its nice i guess
i just dont see the point wearing it
as i feel there is a hidden meaning to it lipsrsealed

Hmmm! Care To Elaborate? grin
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by origina9ja(f): 3:46pm On Jun 08, 2009
maybe because of the way i was brought up, to me sha i believe that beads of the waist can sometimes be to posses the power for attract and evoke deep emotional responses, they are a sign of success and affluence as well as spiritual well being. I'm not against people wearing it but i cant because i don't feel the need to

I'm a Yoruba and where i come from, we have a belief that the waist beads posses some erotic appeal, they have the power to provoke desire or deep emotional response on the opposite sex. Waist beads in Yoruba are also used for birth control, the beads are laced with charms and worn by the women to prevent conception.

also the use of beads in courtship rituals over past centuries has evolved into their use as a fashionable item, worn with the intention of attracting the opposite sex. ANYWAYS, I BELIEVE THERE ARE DIFFERENT REASON TO WEAR WAIST BEADS AND CHAINS BUT I STILL SEE NO REASON TO WEAR IT WHY BECAUSE I WOULD NOT FEEL ANY BETTER.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 08, 2009
origina9ja:

maybe because of the way i was brought up, to me sha i believe that beads of the waist can sometimes be to posses the power for attract and evoke deep emotional responses, they are a sign of success and affluence as well as spiritual well being. I'm not against people wearing it but i cant because i don't feel the need to

I'm a Yoruba and where i come from, we have a belief that the waist beads posses some erotic appeal, they have the power to provoke desire or deep emotional response on the opposite sex. Waist beads in Yoruba are also used for birth control, the beads are laced with charms and worn by the women to prevent conception.

also the use of beads in courtship rituals over past centuries has evolved into their use as a fashionable item, worn with the intention of attracting the opposite sex. ANYWAYS, I BELIEVE THERE ARE DIFFERENT REASON TO WEAR WAIST BEADS AND CHAINS BUT I STILL SEE NO REASON TO WEAR IT WHY BECAUSE I WOULD NOT FEEL ANY BETTER.

Amen, am def getting myself n orange and blue one during one of the football games! tongue
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2009
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by wanville(m): 4:19pm On Jun 08, 2009
?
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 08, 2009
wanville:

lol am a bit confused here. Ebony-silk and FL Gators are the same person, yah?
LOL, I plead the fifth
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by agabaI23(m): 4:45pm On Jun 08, 2009
I love waist and ankle chains. It makes the babe look agboro-ish and I like em soo
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by 1honeybee: 2:24am On Jun 14, 2009
Does anyone know where I can get a really nice wist chain from, been searching for one for sometime now jare
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by agabaI23(m): 10:52pm On Jun 14, 2009
Tell me the size of your waist and I can organise one for you
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by 1honeybee: 10:59pm On Jun 14, 2009
Really, well my waist is 74cm. i came across one on goodle for £150, that's just ridiculous it htink. lol
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by agabaI23(m): 11:03pm On Jun 14, 2009
That gotta be some good stuff. But then it will last for you.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by 1honeybee: 11:06pm On Jun 14, 2009
hahaha. I know fit ooo, i can just hear the voice of a friend now and the abuse she'll rain on me.lol
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by agabaI23(m): 11:08pm On Jun 14, 2009
You can get some at as low as £3 and as high as you have mentioned. It is your choice
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by 1honeybee: 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2009
True, I found some in that category but that's just toooooo cheap. I want something nice and not that expensive i won't mind getting the £150 one for half price if it were on sale, butit isnt sad
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by agabaI23(m): 11:19pm On Jun 14, 2009
check this out.
£50 not too expensive
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by agabaI23(m): 11:21pm On Jun 14, 2009
You can order from the US also
http://mg-jewelry.com/goldchains.html
I guess you are in the UK
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by 1honeybee: 11:24pm On Jun 14, 2009
Yea, i'll try it out sha and see if they'll deliver to the UK.
Awww, thanks for the search kiss
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by agabaI23(m): 11:32pm On Jun 14, 2009
You are welcome
Why not? They will sure deliver to the UK. The last time i checked , UK is not Nigeria
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by agabaI23(m): 11:37pm On Jun 14, 2009
Sorry I did not put the link for the £50 stuff

http://www.groovycart.co.uk/cart.php?c=426&p=12842
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by 1honeybee: 11:41pm On Jun 14, 2009
lol. Some companies don't e.g. Ralph Lauren, that's why I try to avoid US based stores online
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by agabaI23(m): 11:55pm On Jun 14, 2009
They are crazy. I have bought a couple of stuff from the US and they were delievered here.
The only problem is the extra tax that you will have to pay.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by 1honeybee: 1:08pm On Jun 15, 2009
lol. I know.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by oneluvb55(f): 7:16pm On Jul 09, 2009
nothing wrong with it oooooooooh.
i luv dis one posted here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Braided Hairstyle: Fashion Or Madness? / Ladies, Consider Yourself A Fashion Disaster If You Dress Like This To Work / Lady Cried As Laser Treatment To Remove Tribal Mark Left Worse Scars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.