Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,635 members, 7,958,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:12 AM

APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections (10524 Views)

Rivers Election: Hold Buhari Accountable For Violence, Loss Of Lives - Fayose / Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation / APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 12:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has assured Nigerians and the international community that it will do all in its power to ensure that the 2015 general election is violence-free, saying the rising apprehension about the polls among the populace is inimical to the conduct of a successful election.

In a statement issued in Lagos yesterday by its national publicity secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party, however, said its efforts should be complemented by the PDP-led federal government, which has a propensity for using the security agencies to harass and intimidate the opposition and ordinary citizens.

It also said the federal government should take all measures necessary to ensure that the elections are free, fair and credible, since rigging and other acts of electoral malfeasance constitute the immediate trigger for anger and violence during and after elections.

“We have heard from Nigerians who are so afraid about possible violence during the forthcoming election that they are even willing to relocate to other countries until after the elections. But, as the biggest opposition party in Nigeria and a major stakeholder in our nation’s democracy, we are assuring, on our part, that there will be no violence.

“Though our party has no history of violence, we have commenced a nationwide effort to sensitise our members and supporters to the need to eschew rancour and embrace non-violent methods, even in the face of the kind of provocations to which we were subjected during the Ekiti and Osun governorship elections, when our members were needlessly harassed, arrested and detained by partisan security agencies acting under orders from the federal government.

“If the federal government allows a level playing field for all contestants, if the security agencies stop acting as the armed wing of the ruling PDP, if the electoral umpire will carry out its duties without fear, favour or bias and if citizens are allowed to exercise their franchise unmolested, the stage will be set for a non-violent, free, fair and credible polls. In other words, the government has a major role to play in making the forthcoming polls peaceful.

“On our part, in addition to other efforts aimed at ensuring a peaceful election, we pledge to accept the result of an election that is not only free, fair, credible and transparent, but one that is also seen to be so. We hope other parties will make a similar pledge,’’ APC said.
http://leadership.ng/news/398309/apc-pledges-work-violence-free-elections

I'm glad they've pledged to ensure a violence free election. The 2011 post-election violence was so devastating. I will never forget that day.

8 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 12:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
“Though our party has no history of violence"
That's a very big lie.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by JECBOSS: 12:49pm On Dec 29, 2014

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
That's a very big lie.
. And what's the truth?

10 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by politricks: 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2014
I hope they stand by their words.Meanwhile, Asari dokubo is still threatening nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by englishmart(m): 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
just hope those desperadoes would live up to their words

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
JackBaueress1:
. And what's the truth?

The truth is that the perpetrators of the 2011 Post Election Violence were APC Supporters. They felt cheated, thus decided to take law into their hands by attacking INEC and NYSC Members.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
The truth is that the perpetrators of the 2011 Post Election Violence were the APC Supporters. They felt cheated, thus decided to take the law into their hands by attacking INEC and NYSC Members.
there was no APC political party in 2011. was there any?

37 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
JackBaueress1:
APC is a merger of CPC, ACN and other parties. CPC (the party with history of violence) is part of APC, hence my statement.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by politricks: 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
JackBaueress1:
Dont mind the guy, i guess he schooled in france hence his statement.

8 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by gratiaeo(m): 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
I hope will keep the promises
Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by politricks: 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
APC is a merger of CPC, ACN and other parties.
Was this the question they asked you?.

12 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by temitemi1(m): 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
They better do or we go give them as they bring am... GEJ till 2019!!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
politricks:
Dont mind the guy, i guess he schooled in france hence his statement.
But would you agree with me that CPC had a history of post-election violence?

7 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
APC is a merger of CPC, ACN and other parties.
You're not making sense! Was there APC in 2011? Why do you agree APC is associated with violence during elections because it was alleged that CPC supporters killed some corpes in Bauchi? If you agree APC is a violent party, Do you agree other parties that merged to become APC are violent too?

12 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
APC is a party of peace and not a promoter of violence. The FG must do all within its powers to protect electorates in the forthcoming poll. Vote Buhari! Vote Change

19 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
are we now talking of CPC instead of APC? Be straight!

8 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by LouisVanGaal(m): 1:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
The truth is that the perpetrators of the 2011 Post Election Violence were APC Supporters. They felt cheated, thus decided to take law into their hands by attacking INEC and NYSC Members.
and what's d work of law enforcement agencies during elections? Had dey not taken bribes, they would have calmed dwn d uproar...rather de decided to stand on d side of cheats! Hope u ve heard recently how some of pdp chieftains hav celebrated d past elections de ve riggedundecided

4 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 1:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
politricks:
Was this the question they asked you?.
JackBaueress1:
You're not making sense! Was there APC in 2011? Why do you agree APC is associated with violence during elections because CPC supporters killed some corpes in Bauchi? If you agree APC is a violent party, Do you agree other parties that merged to become APC are violent too?
OK, agreed APC never existed in 2011. But CPC did and I'm glad you agreed that CPC had a history of violence.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by bondingman: 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2014
That's their business. They should first stop threats to GEJ supporters up north

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Did APC commit violence in 2011? Was any ACN/CPC/ANPP chieftain indicted for post 2011 violence? How can you assume the actions of some fanatical supporters to be that of the party? Did the party encourage or aske anyone to attack any? The man that promised to make Nigeria ungorvernable is a PDP man named Lawal Kaita. What is your point sef Mr Obinoscopy?

10 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 1:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
LouisVanGaal:
and what's d work of law enforcement agencies during elections? Had dey not taken bribes, they would have calmed dwn d uproar...rather de decided to stand on d side of cheats! Hope u ve heard recently how some of pdp chieftains hav celebrated d past elections de ve riggedundecided
Yes, the law enforcement agents have their own share of blame. But let's not forget to give CPC (now part of APC) their own share too.

3 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by politricks: 1:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
No arguments here.
Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
JackBaueress1:
You're not making sense! Was there APC in 2011? Why do you agree APC is associated with violence during elections because CPC supporters killed some corpes in Bauchi? If you agree APC is a violent party, Do you agree other parties that merged to become APC are violent too?
Which CPC supporters? The people that killed were fanatics not cpc supporters. As a party, CPC did not ask anyone to pick up arms nor endorse it. In fact, no official of cpc was indicted. How are we sure that they weren't covert pdp supporters? Anybody can carry any poster. Pls modify your post.

8 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
OK, agreed APC never existed in 2011. But CPC did and I'm glad you agreed that CPC had a history of violence.
You made a mistake saying that APC is responsible for the violence in 2011. You're completely wrong!

Compliments of the season.

6 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
barcanista:
Which CPC supporters? The people that killed were fanatics not cpc supporters. As a party, CPC did not ask anyone to pick up arms nor endorse it. In fact, no official of cpc was indicted. How are we sure that they weren't covert pdp supporters? Anybody can carry any poster. Pls modify your post.
"Allegedly" I mean to say. Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
CPC have no history of violence, but PdP does! Whether the poster you quoted agree with you or not is immaterial until you substantiate with fact. I can commit crime and shout GEJ 2015, it doesn't mean that I'm backed by GEJ. Terrorists kill and shout Alahu Akbar, it doesn't mean islam endorse terrorism. Sometimes, we shouldn't be allowed to be blinded by hate and emotions

10 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 1:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
barcanista:
Did APC commit violence in 2011? Was any ACN/CPC/ANPP chieftain indicted for post 2011 violence? How can you assume the actions of some fanatical supporters to be that of the party? Did the party encourage or aske anyone to attack any? The man that promised to make Nigeria ungorvernable is a PDP man named Lawal Kaita. What is your point sef Mr Obinoscopy?
My point is very simple: CPC supporters, Buhari supporters were the ones that killed those innocent corps members. They were the ones that killed civilians. They were the ones that destroyed government and private property. It's a fact that you cannot disprove. If you like speak all the whole "lawyeristic" jargons here.

13 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
JackBaueress1:
"Allegedly" is the right word. Thanks!
Alleged by who? "Allegedly" is coined from allegation, anybody can make allegation. In fact, one can say the owner of nl is a gay, it doesn't make it true or false except proven. However, the police did not indict cpc or its leaders, hence, it should be dismissed excerpt facts emerge. CPC has no history of violence

7 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
barcanista:
CPC have no history of violence, but PdP does! Whether the poster you quoted agree with you or not is immaterial until you substantiate with fact. I can commit crime and shout GEJ 2015, it doesn't mean that I'm backed by GEJ. Terrorists kill and shout Alahu Akbar, it doesn't mean islam endorse terrorism. Sometimes, we shouldn't be allowed to be blinded by hate and emotions
Bros, we all know PDP is a party of violence. But the violence is mostly intra- or inter-party. These violence will never be openly endorsed by the party but the fact remains that the violence is being perpetuated.

All parties that have politicians as members have history of violence. For you to come out and absolve CPC of theirs show that you are lying. The more you lie, the more you lose credibility.

3 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
My point is very simple: CPC supporters, Buhari supporters were the ones that killed those innocent corps members. They were the ones that killed civilians. They were the ones that destroyed government and private property. It's a fact that you cannot disprove. If you like speak all the whole "lawyeristic" jargons here.
Your sentiment cannot replace facts. You have nothing against the cpc. Attributing offence perpetrated by fanatics to a legal entity without proof shows your degree of subjectiveness. I can shout Jesus is Lord to kill people, I can start burning houses with Jonathan's poster in my hand, I can start shooting any anti-jonathan supporters, but it doesn't translate to Jonathan supports violence. Be guided!

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration / APC Membership Registration Constitutional, Buni Replies Akande / N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.