Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,641 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! - Jokes Etc (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! (36857 Views)

Picture Warning People Of Dumping Waste Anyhow. / The People Of Walmart. . . .walmartians / People Of Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by elomepee: 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
Its a joke but so many facts especially their men. Sorry to say
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
africandictator:
olumemo and anire are my sisters beautiful itsekiri names
pls make I toast one of ur sister, I cn send my Cv to u,hop she cn speak pidgin sha
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
phlame:
Itshekiri women are promiscuous...
abeg tell me d tribe dat dnt have promiscous women.

1 Like

Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by onuwaje(m): 10:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
[quote author=paulavon post=29319479][/quote] *yawns*
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by VirginFinder: 10:45pm On Dec 29, 2014
Itsekiris are originally from Ondo state.
They are just like Ilajes.
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by Malawian(m): 10:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
ishekiri people know how to forge documents to claim peoples land
the yorubas are their egbon in the trade in that they forge documents to claim peoples house.

2 Likes

Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by Bentenason: 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2014
DancingSkeleton:
Ftc
R u alrit
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by onuwaje(m): 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
VirginFinder:
From history.. nt all itsekiri's are from ondo..
The first king was a benin prince named Ginuwa.. when he and his royal party left the benin empire in the 14th/15th century, on his arrival he "colonised' the fishing settlements who's origins traced down to ijebu(citation needed) in ondo state and ilaje.. some of the. Settlements in existence b4 his arrival existed about 300 yrs b4 Ginuwa arrived... examples are omadino in warri south LGA who has itss roots in ondo state. in essense itsekiri did not "directly" come from yoruba.. though we av similar lingua.. but our cultural practises,dressing are nt all d same
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by onuwaje(m): 11:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
Malawian:
ishekiri people know how to forge documents to claim peoples land
the yorubas are their egbon in the trade in that they forge documents to claim peoples house.
if wetyn u talk na tru.. we for don forge document collect the whole nigeria #stupidpost

1 Like

Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by sufido123: 11:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
fuckluv:
I agreed with the "cooking" aspect, they cook so much alike like the Yorubas.
They also bear similar names with Yorubas. They are loving people smiley

Itsekiri is a dialect of the Yoruba. Itsekiri people look Yoruba, they speak Yoruba...they must be Yoruba!

2 Likes

Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by africandictator(m): 11:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
SAVEDBABA:
pls make I toast one of ur sister, I cn send my Cv to u ,hop she cn speak pidgin sha
wella!
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by onuwaje(m): 11:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
sufido123:

Itsekiri is a dialect of the Yoruba. Itsekiri people look Yoruba, they speak Yoruba...they must be Yoruba!
nt really sha.. cos we share some words with benin,urhobos,igalla and some corrupted words from d brits.. use wikipedia as a guide
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 29, 2014
africandictator:
wella!
oya na,make I send my cv.
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
VirginFinder:

Youi are wrong ! A little research will tell you that they were originally Ijebus. The undeniable fact is that the Itsekiris are Yorubas. That is very easy to know from their names and titles eg Oritsefemi means Orisafemi or Olorunfemi, Omawumi means Omowumi e t c The Oba's title eg Olu of Warri. Olu means head.
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by otokx(m): 11:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
onuwaje:
Honestly as an itsekiri I was expecting to see something better than this.. op am nt impressed!!!!! undecided

Its a terrible embarrassment but a remedy will be found.
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by sufido123: 11:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
onuwaje:
nt really sha.. cos we share some words with benin,urhobos,igalla and some corrupted words from d brits.. use wikipedia as a guide

You are Yoruba my friend! Every language has borrowed words including English. Heard of the words assassin or algebra? They are Arabic of origin...you guess my drift?
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by onuwaje(m): 11:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
sufido123:

You are Yoruba my friend! Every language has borrowed words including English. Heard of the words assassin or algebra? They are Arabic of origin...you guess my drift?
See by force statement o.. na force to b yoruba? So as brits borrow some vocabulary from oda languages does that mean that they re from latin,greek et al?

1 Like

Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by koyyess: 11:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
Was about wearing my boing gloves because I expected something more educative but then I thought to myself-they are way responsible than some other minor tribes in Delta.
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by marvelito: 12:06am On Dec 30, 2014
onuwaje:
itsekiri and urhobo even though they fight each oda they end up getting married... dunno y.. using my parents,grand parents and great grand parents as example
piont of corectn. Its ijaws nd itsekiri dat fight nt urhobo. Urhobo is a big broda to both ijaw nd itsekiri. Concerning d intermariage of urhobo nd itsekiri it has bin frm time memorial. In d past itsekiris were strictly fisher men nd lived near waters. They wil give their daughters in marriage to d urhobo in d main town dis allows them hv acess to trade in d mainland with urhobo. If u r an itsekiri man nd u dnt hv a link wit urhobo either frm ur matana or patana.u r considered a slave in d olden-days.

4 Likes

Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by marvelito: 12:11am On Dec 30, 2014
OROSUNBOLB:

Youi are wrong ! A little research will tell you that they were originally Ijebus. The undeniable fact is that the Itsekiris are Yorubas. That is very easy to know from their names and titles eg Oritsefemi means Orisafemi or Olorunfemi, Omawumi means Omowumi e t c The Oba's title eg Olu of Warri. Olu means head.
y ya 'all yoruba always lukng for ppl u want to show ur superiority to. First binis came frm u,nw itsekiri nxt one una go so say north korea na una descendants

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by marvelito: 12:13am On Dec 30, 2014
sufido123:

Bleep u stop forcing ur origin on ppl
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by onuwaje(m): 12:17am On Dec 30, 2014
marvelito:
piont of corectn. Its ijaws nd itsekiri dat fight nt urhobo. Urhobo is a big broda to both ijaw nd itsekiri. Concerning d intermariage of urhobo nd itsekiri it has bin frm time memorial. In d past itsekiris were strictly fisher men nd lived near waters. They wil give their daughters in marriage to d urhobo in d main town dis allows them hv acess to trade in d mainland with urhobo. If u r an itsekiri man nd u dnt hv a link wit urhobo either frm ur matana or patana.u r considered a slave in d olden-days.
noted... when I mean fight it's hard to see the present day urhobo man talk good about the itsekiri man...
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by Miscellaneous(m): 12:34am On Dec 30, 2014
onuwaje:
OP didn't make mention of the first female VC in africa mrs alele-williams, he didn't make mention of festus okotie-eboh(even though he adopted being itsekiri).. he didn't mention omawunmi,oritsefemi,RMD etc... op u b mofo!!
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 30, 2014
Nmeri17:
> itsekiri people suffer from inferiority complex the most amongst Nigerian tribes
You must be thoroughbred Deltan. If you are not discerning you will mistake their complex for pride and underestimating them is like losing a battle before it starts.
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by cdocdathrilla: 1:25am On Dec 30, 2014
Which tribe, asin real tribe like igbo,yoruba and hausa women cook best?
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by fireforfire: 1:37am On Dec 30, 2014
mtchewwwwwwww...nansense
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by dBard: 1:49am On Dec 30, 2014
iluvweed:
There are only 3 tribes in Nigeria

Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa

The rest are immigrants from sambisa ... grin

...and the current state of d country is what we get in return

o.k then
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by Nobody: 2:51am On Dec 30, 2014
Abdgafarplenty:
itsekiri! is it a name of a tribe

pardon Me I thought they went extinct

the last time I heard that word was wen Hiroshima and Nagasaki was nuked:-D
grin grin
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by Funjosh(m): 2:51am On Dec 30, 2014
Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by tonychristopher: 3:19am On Dec 30, 2014
sufido123:

Land grabbers

I lived in Warri at okere road..itshekiri had more in similarity with Benin than Yoruba

Maybe what I should ask is why do their women bleach so much and prostitue mama jelomi comes to mind

But why is it that all tribes in delta hates them
Urjobo fought them
I jaw fought them
Igbo Ignores them

Are they up to 1000 in population ..I have not seen one since I left Warri years ago

1 Like

Re: Facts About Itsekiri People Of Delta State A Must Read!! by sufido123: 4:39am On Dec 30, 2014
tonychristopher:

Land grabbers

I lived in Warri at okere road..itshekiri had more in similarity with Benin than Yoruba

Maybe what I should ask is why do their women bleach so much and prostitue mama jelomi comes to mind

But why is it that all tribes in delta hates them
Urjobo fought them
I jaw fought them
Igbo Ignores them

Are they up to 1000 in population ..I have not seen one since I left Warri years ago

The Itsekiri look and speak Yoruba though the ruling class might have come from Benin. As for other allegations that you made, I do not have the facts to validate or deny them. However, I know that the Igbo in Delta are the stabilizing force otherwise the lot of the Itsekiri might have been more dire.

Yet the Itsekiri do not recognize this fact. The Igbo in delta were the pillar of Uduaghan government for eight years. How did he repay them? By trying to double cross them and sell his soul to one of the Itsekiri so-called enemies that you talked about-the Urhobo. The Urhobo fought Uduaghan throughout his eight-year reign but it did not stop him from betraying the Igbo that support him. But for providence he nearly succeeded.

By the way, the Igbo in Delta themselves are under siege and too busy fighting for survival to notice the Itsekiri.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pushing The Unpushable(pic) / April Fools Day: Father Prank His Son Of Getting Him An Apple Phone. / Funny And Unbelievable Coincidences (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.