Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

13 Ways You Know You’re Dating A Grown Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 13 Ways You Know You’re Dating A Grown Man (1618 Views)

10 Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man Make Sure He Knows He Is Appreciated / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Ten Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Ways You Know You’re Dating A Grown Man by dabrats(f): 2:27am On Dec 30, 2014
1. You know where you stand. You are his girlfriend or you are a girl he’s dating but either way he’s not scared to define it. He’s not afraid that a girl will cry and run away if she doesn’t hear what she wants to, he wants a mature woman because he is a mature man.

2. You don’t have to prod him to become a real adult. He’s self motivated to improve on his own. If there’s an area of his life that needs improvement, he’s working on it long before you notice it.

3. Texting with him is peaceful. Sometimes you have conversations. Sometimes you make plans. But it’s never a power struggle of who initiates and who texts lasts. It’s not fishing for compliments or security. It’s simply a short form of communication.

4. He calls his mom. You don’t need to tell him to do this and he does it to keep in touch, not because he needs her stamp of approval on all his choices.

5. He has interests. Like actual interests. Not beer darts or meeting women. He reads the newspaper or books, and when you ask him his opinion on something, he has an answer.

6. When you spend the night at his place, it doesn’t feel like camping. His sheets are (reasonably) clean, there’s (gasp) toilet paper and (double gasp) fresh towels in the bathroom, and there’s something in the fridge other than beer.

7. He doesn’t disappear for days or a week at a time. He knows that if he needs space or some time to clear his head when he’s stressed out all he needs to do is say that. He’s strong enough to be upfront rather than running away.

8. He never says “just trust me” as an attempt to end a disagreement. He knows that if you’re expressing a concern, the solution isn’t to just tell you not to have it. He isn’t manipulative.

9. He doesn’t get jealous. Sure, it doesn’t make him happy when another guy hits on you while he’s checking your coats, but he doesn’t blow up about it. He’s secure in your admiration.

10. He doesn’t treat you like a child. If he disagrees with you he can tell you that. He assumes you want to engage with him rather than assuming you are a piece of glass that will shatter at the slightest disturbance.

11. He encourages you to grow and try new activities. He isn’t afraid he will be left in the dust and he genuinely wants the best for you.

12. You never have this conversation: “Where do you want to go?” “Uh, I don’t know, where do you want to go?”

13. You don’t have to play a guessing game when he’s upset about something. He tells you. Directly. With words. And you have a conversation and figure out a solution

http://chynaduru..com/

2 Likes

Re: 13 Ways You Know You’re Dating A Grown Man by Burger01(m): 4:23am On Dec 30, 2014
I dey siddon dey look. All these 10 ways, 15 ways, 25 ways self. Abeg, just give me one way to become the president...

6 Likes

Re: 13 Ways You Know You’re Dating A Grown Man by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 30, 2014
just in case
Re: 13 Ways You Know You’re Dating A Grown Man by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 30, 2014
tonguetongue We thank d Lord its 13 ways dis tym, nt 10, or 15 steps.

@ op, seen
Re: 13 Ways You Know You’re Dating A Grown Man by Kirinwa: 6:30am On Dec 30, 2014
Burger01:
I dey siddon dey look. All these 10 ways, 15 ways, 25 ways self. Abeg, just give me one way to become the president...

Would have been in this spot. Saw threaad more than 2hrs before your post. God punish bad network.
Re: 13 Ways You Know You’re Dating A Grown Man by englishmart(m): 6:36am On Dec 30, 2014
you like dating mature guys. But you ladies don't wanna grow up

1 Like

Re: 13 Ways You Know You’re Dating A Grown Man by Drdaps(m): 7:15am On Dec 30, 2014
Burger01:
start from walking bare footed, obtain jamb form study zoology who knows from there you can meet mama peace then... grin

1 Like

Re: 13 Ways You Know You’re Dating A Grown Man by Maamin(m): 8:01am On Dec 30, 2014
Drdaps:

start from walking bare footed, obtain jamb form study zoology who knows from there you can meet mama peace then... grin

Hahahahaha.. grin
Re: 13 Ways You Know You’re Dating A Grown Man by 3DCYCLOPS: 8:08am On Dec 30, 2014
14. You've been dating for 7years..and he keeps telling you he's planning for a mature wedding..
Re: 13 Ways You Know You’re Dating A Grown Man by clitlicker: 9:02am On Dec 30, 2014
Av u seen a jobless broke MAN before? You need a steady income ti be a man

The beaches family will talk to u like a boy if u aint gat shi.t going on financially.
Re: 13 Ways You Know You’re Dating A Grown Man by Infomizer(m): 10:49am On Dec 30, 2014
Noted...
Re: 13 Ways You Know You’re Dating A Grown Man by avuekwe(f): 1:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
He wasn't a man after all, na one chance I for enter. Please, help me thank God for my life. I have been delivered. grin
Re: 13 Ways You Know You’re Dating A Grown Man by avuekwe(f): 1:03pm On Dec 30, 2014
3DCYCLOPS:
14. You've been dating for 7years..and he keeps telling you he's planning for a mature wedding..

Just run for your life. That man is a destiny destroyer. grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Wheres The Ideal Place To Spend Our Honeymoon / 10 Things That Kills A Girl :- Check It Out !! / Safe Sex 101: Preventing Unplanned Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.