Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

I Need Help Please!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Help Please!! (1499 Views)

Help Please! I Suspect My Husband Is Having S*x With His Step-sister / I Have A Fear Of Dating Nigerian Men, Help! Please? / What Did He Mean? I'm not nigerian, Help please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Please!! by Slyder(m): 11:34am On Dec 30, 2014
Ladies and Gents, please I don't know what's wrong with me and I really need to get over this problem.
I can't seem to summon courage to walk up to a girl i like and talk to her. Okay, I'm 24, a graduate and an IT consultant working in a reputable firm in lagos. Atleast I believe I'm comfortable, and I also believe I have the looks to get any lady I want. But the problem is 'I Judge myself before performing' on the 25th, I went to see a movie in genesis deluxe alone becos I only have few frnds(males) and they all went out with their GFs. So while waiting for the movie time, I decided to hang around. I saw many guys both ugly and handsome trooping in with so many cute/beautiful girls. I became sad and worried about my person, I saw like 2 to 3 girls I liked and wanted to approach, but I didn't have the confidence, after planning what to say in my mind, I'll just be like 'common sly this sounds boring and won't work'. Thoughts like this and even more berating ones came to my mind for over 2hrs that I waited before entering the cinema. So this new year, exactly 1st of jan, I'm planning a revolution, I need a new me, I want to share lonely times with someone who cares, please ladies and gents, I need you to tutor me on how to approach, maintain confidence, what to say, what to ask for and what to expect. Please and Please I don't need insults, I just need help. Thanks.
NB: please I chose Jan 1st becos we all know it's the most significant day in a year, so I want to start something significant in my life.
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Sunkyphil(m): 11:40am On Dec 30, 2014
NO BIGGY JUST WALK UP TO ANY ONE U LIKE,U CAN START UP A CONVO WITH DEM,FROM THEIR U START FAMILIARIZING......
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Newkidoo(m): 11:47am On Dec 30, 2014
First, build your confidence
2. Just go and meet any girl.. Talk to her anyhow.. Just say anytin.. U mite be disgraced or embarrassed or even worse (slap) but with time, u will build ya confidence and with time, you will understand women..
3. Work on yourself (personality, attitude, dress, speech and most of all your appearance..)
4. Have u tried online dating!! Try it
5. Ask your friends (males) how they do it.. smiley wink
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 30, 2014
spread mat
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Slyder(m): 12:01pm On Dec 30, 2014
Sunkyphil:
NO BIGGY JUST WALK UP TO ANY ONE U LIKE,U CAN START UP A CONVO WITH DEM,FROM THEIR U START FAMILIARIZING......
Yes. I know basically I have to walk up to them and start a convo, but the problem I have is the convo, what sort of convo? I planned something like:
Me: hello
Her: hi
Me: what's good? Hope u're having a nice time?
Her: yeah thanks, it's been fun.
Me: cool. So what are you doing?
Her: nothing exactly.
Me: okay, I have a prob that I'll like you to help me with.
Her: what's it?
Mesadbring out movie for the day collection) okay actually I came here to see a movie but I'm having a hard time choosing from this, this and this and maybe this too. If you were in my shoes, which would you go for.
Her: why not watch this?
Me: hmmm, why? Have you seen it before?
Her: no.
Me: wow!! Why not we go see it to together.
Her: would have love to but
Me: cuts in ... If its about the movie ticket, don't worry I'll get two.
....... Okay from here, my problem with the above convo is;
What if her replies doesn't correelate with this?
What if she is not interested in seeing the movie? What do I do?
Isn't it dangerous showing you have money to take her to the movies the first day you meet her?
How do I start the "I like you" convo while seeing the movie? Or before the movie starts?

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Please!! by Slyder(m): 12:07pm On Dec 30, 2014
Newkidoo:
First, build your confidence
2. Just go and meet any girl.. Talk to her anyhow.. Just say anytin.. U mite be disgraced or embarrassed or even worse (slap) but with time, u will build ya confidence and with time, you will understand women..
3. Work on yourself (personality, attitude, dress, speech and most of all your appearance..)
4. Have u tried online dating!! Try it
5. Ask your friends (males) how they do it.. smiley wink
LoL!!! Bro at my age, I don't think I can stand being embarrassed or disgraced by a lady. I'm above that na, I'm not a teenager or something. I can do it once and get it right. Thanks sha.
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Slyder(m): 12:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
phatjoe50:
spread mat
Don't dare sit/lay on that mat ooo. You better contribute or park ur mat.
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Evina(f): 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
Have you dated before?
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Slyder(m): 12:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
Evina:
Have you dated before?
No I haven't.
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Evina(f): 12:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
Slyder:
No I haven't.

Why?
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Slyder(m): 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
Evina:

Why?
Read my original post again. Though red flagged dating while I was in school, it helped me focus.
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Sunkyphil(m): 12:24pm On Dec 30, 2014
Slyder:
Yes. I know basically I have to walk up to them and start a convo, but the problem I have is the convo, what sort of convo? I planned something like:
Me: hello
Her: hi
Me: what's good? Hope u're having a nice time?
Her: yeah thanks, it's been fun.
Me: cool. So what are you doing?
Her: nothing exactly.
Me: okay, I have a prob that I'll like you to help me with.
Her: what's it?
Mesadbring out movie for the day collection) okay actually I came here to see a movie but I'm having a hard time choosing from this, this and this and maybe this too. If you were in my shoes, which would you go for.
Her: why not watch this?
Me: hmmm, why? Have you seen it before?
Her: no.
Me: wow!! Why not we go see it to together.
Her: would have love to but
Me: cuts in ... If its about the movie ticket, don't worry I'll get two.
....... Okay from here, my problem with the above convo is;
What if her replies doesn't correelate with this?
What if she is not interested in seeing the movie? What do I do?
Isn't it dangerous showing you have money to take her to the movies the first day you meet her?
How do I start the "I like you" convo while seeing the movie? Or before the movie starts?
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Evina(f): 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2014
Slyder:
Read my original post again. Though red flagged dating while I was in school, it helped me focus.

Do you socialize at all?
Maybe you should ask your friends to have you match made.
So you mean no girl has flashed you green light? Even lemon green?
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Slyder(m): 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
Evina:

Do you socialize at all?
Maybe you should ask your friends to have you match made.
So you mean no girl has flashed you green light? Even lemon green?
I don't think you're getting the purpose of the thread. Even as I've had ladies showing interest, I haven't been able to approach them. Though a lady have approached me before, I didn't like her and I told her things the way they where. 'I don't buy the frnds match making stuff, it doesn't sound secure to me.
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Evina(f): 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
Slyder:
I don't think you're getting the purpose of the thread. Even as I've had ladies showing interest, I haven't been able to approach them. Though a lady have approached me before, I didn't like her and I told her things the way they where. 'I don't buy the frnds match making stuff, it doesn't sound secure to me.

I totally get it.
It is just that everyone knows that in this age, you really don't have to "walk up to/approach a girl".

Friendships can start at any place/time. You don't have to start saying "I like you" when you only just met. Let your actions speak.
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Slyder(m): 12:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
Evina:

I totally get it.
It is just that everyone knows that in this age, you really don't have to "walk up to/approach a girl".

Friendships can start at any place/time. You don't have to start saying "I like you" when you only just met. Let your actions speak.
Thanks Maam.
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Evina(f): 12:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
Slyder:
Thanks Maam.

Always welcome. smiley
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Newkidoo(m): 12:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
Slyder:
LoL!!! Bro at my age, I don't think I can stand being embarrassed or disgraced by a lady. I'm above that na, I'm not a teenager or something. I can do it once and get it right. Thanks sha.
Why are u scared of being embarrassed!! This guy, are u sure you are 24 sha.. U never live life oo.. Life come with its own embarrassment so why are u scared of being embarrassed.. If you have never being embarrassed in your life.. I believe you will experience one soon.. U get embarrassed and u move on.. wink
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Emyben(m): 1:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
Courage is the keyword, myself can be very shy but sometimes u got to summon all courage and do the needful. 2ndly, the fear of rejection shouldnt trip you. It can always happen, shouldnt be a biggie grin cheesy
Re: I Need Help Please!! by Slyder(m): 1:07pm On Dec 30, 2014
Newkidoo:

Why are u scared of being embarrassed!! This guy, are u sure you are 24 sha.. U never live life oo.. Life come with its own embarrassment so why are u scared of being embarrassed.. If you have never being embarrassed in your life.. I believe you will experience one soon.. U get embarrassed and u move on.. wink
I'm not scared of being embarrassed, I just can't let a 'lady' to embarrass and disgrace me because of 'love'. I rather keep my feelings to myself.
Re: I Need Help Please!! by LaurelP(m): 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
U have just one problem..fear of being turned down!
But I tell u its part of d game. Any guy who's neva been turned down by a lady is most likely a kid in d dating game. U will be turned down, rejected, embarassed and even insulted.
But u will also get lots of ladies. That's d game bro!

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Please!! by Newkidoo(m): 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
Slyder:
I'm not scared of being embarrassed, I just can't let a 'lady' to embarrass and disgrace me because of 'love'. I rather keep my feelings to myself.
Brother, success sometimes requires pain and hardship... If you even want to live with a girl all the days of your life.. Be ready for the worst.. So guy, don't be ashamed of being embarrassed.. It is part of life..

All successful men have witness one form of embarrassment or the other.. Courtesy: Gej. undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

One Thing You Did For Your EX That You Will Never Stop Regretting ? / Can You Spot Anything?? (photo) / 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Date A Calabar Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.