Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? (2643 Views)

Do Ladies Still Abuse Guys For Asking Them Out? / 10 Reasons Some Working Class Ladies Still Have Sex For Money / (picture) Nairaland! Please!! Do Ladies Still Do This??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by killjoy(m): 1:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
Women of nowadays should be very careful.
Back then their excuse for refusing to drop their father's name was because they have gained fame with the name but right now, even a jobless woman would still hold unto her fathers name after marriage (in the name of "I went to school"). Men are becoming softer, women are becoming more unreasonable n daring. After d responsibility of ur security, welfare, comfort etc has been dropped by your father n taken over by ur husband, I dont see any reason y a woman shud still bear her fathers name. Advice to guys - There's a thin line between loving/respecting women and being a spineless and stupid man. No offense to anybody. No apologies either....
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by topas100(m): 2:05pm On Dec 30, 2014
Some ladies are too proud to let go of their maiden name
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by DesChyko: 2:28pm On Dec 30, 2014
Give examples of Popular celebrities with this issue such that we know it is a 'today's' problem.
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by killjoy(m): 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2014
DesChyko:
Give examples of Popular celebrities with this issue such that we know it is a 'today's' problem.

ngozy okonjo( then her hubby name) iweala, deziani Alison ( den her hubby name) madueke. objs married a bello n did dsame thing
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by jingh(f): 2:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
its pride I think.
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
lets just say the reason is because since others are doing it, then the wannabe brides see it as a norm and join them. if i were a father and i hear that my daughter stil answers my name after her wedding, i will call her to order...
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by killjoy(m): 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
Cutehector4u:
lets just say the reason is because since others are doing it, then the wannabe brides see it as a norm and join them. if i were a father and i hear that my daughter stil answers my name after her wedding, i will call her to order...

hehehehe... if her husband doznt complain Hw do u intend to kal her to order

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
killjoy:

hehehehe... if her husband doznt complain Hw do u intend to kal her to order
den i pity for d man....
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by killjoy(m): 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
Cutehector4u:
den i pity for d man....

same wit me o. I hv seen alota gals do it n yet der husbands r OK wit it.
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by wunmi590(m): 7:24pm On Dec 30, 2014
because majrity of d men ar frced 2 mrry dos ladies, eidr because of cnnctn or smtin bst knwn 2 d groom's prent

* I run sign out nd run 2 othr thread* grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
killjoy:
Women of nowadays should be very careful.
Back then their excuse for refusing to drop their father's name was because they have gained fame with the name but right now, even a jobless woman would still hold unto her fathers name after marriage (in the name of "I went to school"wink. Men are becoming softer, women are becoming more unreasonable n daring. After d responsibility of ur security, welfare, comfort etc has been dropped by your father n taken over by ur husband, I dont see any reason y a woman shud still bear her fathers name. Advice to guys - There's a thin line between loving/respecting women and being a spineless and stupid man. No offense to anybody. No apologies either....

i dont understand what difference does it make to u? i didn't change my name and? does the love changed because of that? does he became stupidd after marriage? i don't understand why i have to change my name? do we share blood line, r we related? we r gonna bring up our children thats all. if i didn't take his name doesn't mean i love him less, it doesn't mean i respect him less as human being, partner and lover. my name has nothing to do with him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by yoji: 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
Marryin a woman doesn't mean u bought a slave. A woman should keep her maiden name cos it serves d function of revealing her total identity. Only an insecure man with severe inferiority complex should b worried.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by countsparrow: 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
They tend to keep der maiden name if they are more popular than der spouse, but if its the other way round they drop it...

Imagine if Dakore hadn't married Akande, na her maiden name she for they use

#women are selfish and have insect eyes and they should be treated as such...
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 31, 2014
yoji:
Marryin a woman doesn't mean u bought a slave. A woman should keep her maiden name cos it serves d function of revealing her total identity. Only an insecure man with severe inferiority complex should b worried.

Nice
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 31, 2014
countsparrow:
They tend to keep der maiden name if they are more popular than der spouse, but if its the other way round they drop it...

So we should treat men as such as well Because men ego and selfishnes waaaaaayyyy bigger than womens
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 31, 2014
countsparrow:

Hot nigga? smiley)) u wish smiley)) jst a thought
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by killjoy(m): 1:37am On Dec 31, 2014
yoji:

voodoo85:

i dont understand what difference does it make to u? i didn't change my name and? does the love changed because of that? does he became stupidd after marriage? i don't understand why i have to change my name? do we share blood line, r we related? we r gonna bring up our children thats all. if i didn't take his name doesn't mean i love him less, it doesn't mean i respect him less as human being, partner and lover. my name has nothing to do with him.

wot is d idea of a last name? it tells who d hell is responsible for u. on ur wedding day wot happened? ur father gave you out to ur hubby (I mean literarily handing you to d guy). it means ur Dada has given d responsibility of ur comfort, security etc to anoda man, hence I drop ur papa name n carry ur guy name! simple!

btw for a woman to bring her maiden name into her husbands house, its just a matter of tym, d oda domineerin and self centerd characters will surface
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:45am On Dec 31, 2014
killjoy:

wot is d idea of a last name? it tells who d hell is responsible for u. on ur wedding day wot happened? ur father gave you out to ur hubby (I mean literarily handing you to d guy). it means ur Dada has given d responsibility of ur comfort, security etc to anoda man, hence I drop ur papa name n carry ur guy name! simple!

btw for a woman to bring her maiden name into her husbands house, its just a matter of tym, d oda domineerin and self centerd characters will surface

Responsible for me Somehow am not an orphan or a child that somebody would take responsability for me smiley

Am taking responsibility of myself since i was 18 so what my last name had to be till now? Which is 12 years. U r a joke with such statements. And why it has to be my husbands house? Maybe he came to mine? Or maybe we bought it together 50/50. Didnt clued this into your head?family name is my blood. My husband is not my blood
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by killjoy(m): 2:00am On Dec 31, 2014
voodoo85:

Responsible for me Somehow am not an orphan or a child that somebody would take responsability for me smiley

Am taking responsibility of myself since i was 18 so what my last name had to be till now? Which is 12 years. U r a joke with such statements. And why it has to be my husbands house? Maybe he came to mine? Or maybe we bought it together 50/50. Didnt clued this into your head?family name is my blood. My husband is not my blood

ooookkkkaaaaayyyyyy.... u shud hv told me since na!!! maybe he came into ur house, maybe u married him n u r running d house (OMG hope I am not crossing d line, dear God plz hope voodoo doznt get offended n burn my asssss! an alpha female!) in dat case u can even choose not to bear ur fadas name n no one will blame u my dear.

furdamore d way u kip reiterating dat ur hubby ain't ur blood, is scary. u paint d image of a hot business tycoon who just picked up one lowly man for d sole aim of reproduction. is dat even close to d case?
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 31, 2014
killjoy:

ooookkkkaaaaayyyyyy.... u shud hv told me since na!!! maybe he came into ur house, maybe u married him n u r running d house (OMG hope I am not crossing d line, dear God plz hope voodoo doznt get offended n burn my asssss! an alpha female!) in dat case u can even choose not to bear ur fadas name n no one will blame u my dear.

furdamore d way u kip reiterating dat ur hubby ain't ur blood, is scary. u paint d image of a hot business tycoon who just picked up one lowly man for d sole aim of reproduction. is dat even close to d case?

Oh trust he is very strong personality and mature man who doesnt care about what surname am carrying. He cares about us being together and this what should be important to all. Stop judging because u r judging what u dont know.
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by killjoy(m): 2:17am On Dec 31, 2014
voodoo85:

Oh trust he is very strong personality and mature man who doesnt care about what surname am carrying. He cares about us being together and this what should be important to all. Stop judging because u r judging what u dont know.

oh sure.... enjoy hon. if big daddy is OK wit it den so am I.
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by countsparrow: 6:54am On Dec 31, 2014
killjoy:

Thank you for dis post...
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by countsparrow: 6:55am On Dec 31, 2014
voodoo85:

Seems u are not from dis part of d continent...
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by killjoy(m): 8:15am On Dec 31, 2014
countsparrow:

i thought i was the only one who thought so
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 31, 2014
a woman who understands what being a wife means would gladly give up her maiden name. a good wife is submissive so a wife who refuses to give up her maiden is just displaying early signs of a shrew (to put it lightly).
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 31, 2014
countsparrow:

Oh u r a smart one smiley))))) thanx for noticing.btw its sarcasm if u didnt get it. Dont worry, give another 50 years and it wont matter which continent it is
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 31, 2014
killjoy:

oh sure.... enjoy hon. if big daddy is OK wit it den so am I.

U r mental,rite?
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by killjoy(m): 11:04am On Dec 31, 2014
voodoo85:

U r mental,rite?

eerrrrrr cos I referred to ur guy as big daddy or cos I said I'm OK with u kipin ur maiden name? well woteva. d question itself was rhetorical. sure u knw a mental wen u c one.

btw wot r ur plans for d new year?
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 01, 2015
voodoo85:

ur english dey ring bell (no offense sha)
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 01, 2015
eminentme:
ur english dey ring bell (no offense sha)

And? U have problem with that?
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 01, 2015
killjoy:

i thought i was the only one who thought so

I think its obvious from the picture but thickness is thicker than ever.
Re: Why Do Ladies Still Hold On To Their Maiden Name Even After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 01, 2015
killjoy:

eerrrrrr cos I referred to ur guy as big daddy or cos I said I'm OK with u kipin ur maiden name? well woteva. d question itself was rhetorical. sure u knw a mental wen u c one.

btw wot r ur plans for d new year?

I think u have sothing in your head defo. Keep comparing father and husband... Smth is wrong with u.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Candid Relationship Advice To Ladies From A Lady / Why Are 2go Ladies Very Cheap To Control? / Can't Stop Laughing.... Only Yorubas Can Get The Joke.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.