Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,140 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking (25820 Views)

Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences / Pics Of Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (don't Cry) / Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking by IBROHIM: 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
noblesteph:
I really feel for him...those of us comment negatively....its not his fault...poverty is a curse
I beg to disagree! This isn't poverty! Person wey get money enter plane no poor as far as Nigerian situation is concerned! This is pure greed!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
Kororugged231:
Where is rudedough shocked

You should have outgrown this childish behavior by now. Perhaps you could stay away from my mention cos I don't appreciate mentions from little kids who still live with their parents. Honestly, you still have a lot of growing up to do.

Let me advice you. Stop tribal bashing and channel that youthful energy and time towards productive activities lest you regret it on your death bed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2014
mbahjohnpaul:
A 37 yr old Nigerian man, Ibe Godwin Uzochukwu has been sentenced to death by hanging in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia after he was found guilty
by a Malysian high court for trafficking 2,150.4 grammes of
methamphetamine. He was arrested with the drugs at KL
International Airport (KLIA), Sepang in 2011.

According to court documents, Ibe was arrested with the banned
drugs upon his arrival at the exit Route, KLIA Arrival Hall, at
4.30pm on July 1, 2011. After listening to the submission of the
prosecuting counsel, the judge who presided over the case, Datuk
Halim Aman, found Uzochukwu guilty and sentenced him to
death by hanging.

http://lindaikeji..in/2014/12/nigerian-man-sentenced-to-death-by.html?m=1

gud
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking by SeverusSnape(m): 9:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
Aggrippa:
chai you sef...you get pleny mouth o
It's the truth o...I know they will fight.
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking by Litmus: 9:33pm On Dec 30, 2014
Advocating for this Nigerian should be the job of the Nigerian High commission in Malaysia. The Nigerian community in the country should also be petitioning for this individual as best as they can while also badgering the Nigerian High commission to do more than just the standard. The office of the president of Nigeria should also be sort however hopeless the situation might seem.

All decent Nigerians, wherever they may live, hearing of such cases, would, as i do, feel concerned. Wherever one Nigerian faces injustices all Nigerians face injustice. There is never much we can do save if asked to add our support to petitions aimed at showing relevant foreign authorities that we are aware of their records in such cases and ask at the very least for justice.

I would add that although i understand why individuals might post on issues as delicate as these on Social Media, with their broad reach and exposure, Nirland has proven not to be the places for such topics. Niraland is a forum patronized by individuals from all over the world many of them hostile to Nigerians and Nigeria so the right response and attitude will never be struck. Remember, Malaysians are here too.

We wish this individual good luck in his battle.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking by okabe(m): 9:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
OP u can lie eh tongue
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
You are all screaming about how Igbos are being killed/jailed outside Nigeria as a result of drug trafficking. Guys, this is nothing compare to what is happening to Igbo guys here in Nigeria, you all just need to come and see what is happening to Igbo guys within Nigeria overnight.

Go to a police command in Area 10 after the Gas station(Beside INEC HEAD OFFICE) and d other one at Garki 2 adjacent old CBN building, you ll cry for Igbos. The rate at which these clean Igbos guys(Armed Robbers) are killing themselves in the hands of Nigeria police is quite alarming and heart-trending.

You ll see these Igbo guys(dead bodies) on d floor every morning, just infront of these Police Cmmands , in their own pool of blood.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking by aurenflani: 9:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
Whizpeter:
If a Malaysian man is arrested for drug trafficking in Nigeria, he would be sentenced to 3 months imprisonment or granted bail to the sum of N200,000
Naija I hail thee

Not with Buhari as president!
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking by baybeeboi: 9:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
listica:
just go beg ur papa cos him don use ur brain chop akara.nothing remain for u

get well soon
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking by baybeeboi: 9:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
[quote author=listica post=29349554][/quote]
dnt 4get 2 ask 4 typhoid medicine too
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking by saviola77(m): 9:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
They never learn, do they?
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking by Collynzo419: 10:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
rudedough:

[s]You should have outgrown this childish behavior by now. Perhaps you could stay away from my mention cos I don't appreciate mentions from little kids who still live with their parents. Honestly, you still have a lot of growing up to do.

Let me advice you. Stop tribal bashing and channel that youthful energy and time towards productive activities lest you regret it on your death bed[/s].

Thank God u are safe. Are u in Nottingham or Malaysia?

see the persin preaching about tolerance cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh boy be careful, dem go hang you if you dem catch you embarassed
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking by Neplusultra(f): 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
Next2Bezee:
Don't blame the tribe, blame the person. He knew the risks and got what he deserved.

I'm Igbo and been in Malaysia for 2 years and i always run away like crazy when i see another 9ja with "salt" or "white powder". undecided

Most people that travel abroad to study actually know and focus on wetin dem come do, RIP to the guy.
Do u need to explain to dem U dont owe anyone anu explanation. Every tribe indulges in vices.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking by Neplusultra(f): 10:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
bushdoc9919:

You Nigerians....your tribalism is really not good.

Better governance would be the solution you seek....and getting Nigeria off oil, and a better legal system, especially the juvenile aspect..

Good evening. Try not to be too judgmental.
D ones judging are d poverty ridden ones hating on someone who took a chance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Justin Trudeau Pelted With Gravel During Campaign Trail In Ontario / Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan / US Reps Reintroduce #EndSARS Resolution For 117th Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.