Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? (2480 Views)

Mother Doesn't Speak To Me, Should I Just Ignore Her Existence? / Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Wife Material But Can't Speak Good English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Mrsfaithhh: 9:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
I know English is not our language o,nd no one is perfect.Especialy me grin.
But I tink there is a level of imperfection dat is pardonable wen it coms to expressing ourselvs properly.
I once loved a guy,he was a nice guy,cute,well bhaved ,humble BUT he always broke my heart with the bullets he shot while we were dating.
I had 100% lov for dis guy o.and he did dis.
Wen ar u going to left? (D love reduced by 10% embarassed )
Wat are u going to ate tonite?(Reduced by 30% embarassed )
Anytime u came to saw me in my crip u don't used to past d nite .(50% gone embarassed embarassed )
I would love u and I to hav a children together and I wil giv u d love u yarn for.(Love don finish embarassed embarassed )
Hav u eva bin in dis kind of situation? Wld u date a guy/lady like dat?
grin

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by waleadex(m): 9:17pm On Dec 30, 2014
That will be hard...
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by maaft(m): 9:23pm On Dec 30, 2014
you can always help them to improve their fluency
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by clevvermind(m): 9:28pm On Dec 30, 2014
i can't.
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by xpac01(m): 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
Video or... I'll not comment
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by iceberylin(m): 9:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
They be like "I loved you"

We dating grin
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
Of cos not. the first thing that attracts me to a lady, is no other thing but a good command of english.
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
Okay.. Now this is a tough one. Don't think I can do it, unless he'd be willing to learn and improve.
In other news, op, how did he toast you and you didn't notice? Abi na letter him use?

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Beesluv: 9:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
Love is deaf
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
I cant date someone with bad command of english//itz a disaster
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
Beesluv:
Love is deaf
gringrin lmao
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
Technically Verbal english and its fluency goes a long way to tell your level of intelligence because you try your hardest to coins words into sentences to express your inner thought and vision,intellectuals go the extra mile to use word play,metaphor,simile,personification,irony and sarcasm,that been said...No one and I repeat no is above mistakes when it comes to spoken english,matter of fact i sometimes hear newscasters and OAPs make blunders,I can put up with a girl who makes little blunder but not with a girl who ignorantly does it with pride.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by ifoundmyperfect: 9:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
Such people don't cross my path for a date, let alone advancing to a relationship. If ever it happens, i'd send her on an exclusive training in Queens English. Can't afford to be 'ebariced' if it eventually leads to marriage.
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by 1one: 9:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
I have personally discontinued two close friendships that could have led to serious relationships because both of the girls though very pretty, especially the first one (fresh like tomatoes) couldn't coherently communicate in what I personally deem "Basic English" (my own benchmark for Basic English may be different for others)

I can't stand it.... It may seem I'm being overly petty but hey, we all have peeves and deal breakers.

As an ordinary friend, fine, no problem... But as a potential girlfriend/wife...Naaah...I don't think I would want to put myself and her through that torture, because she would always feel insecure and I'd always feel bad that I'm making her insecure.
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
insofar as she can speak our tribal language very well WHY NOT.Infant English be damn.na borrow borrow language I be.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
i can't. cos am still learning too.
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Kazrem(m): 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
Mrsfaithhh:
I know English is not our language o,nd no one is perfect.Especialy me grin.
But I tink there is a level of imperfection dat is pardonable wen it coms to expressing ourselvs properly.
I once loved a guy,he was a nice guy,cute,well bhaved ,humble BUT he always broke my heart with the bullets he shot while we were dating.
I had 100% lov for dis guy o.and he did dis.
Wen ar u going to left? (D love reduced by 10% embarassed )
Wat are u going to ate tonite?(Reduced by 30% embarassed )
Anytime u came to saw me in my crip u don't used to past d nite .(50% gone embarassed embarassed )
I would love u and I to hav a children together and I wil giv u d love u yarn for.(Love don finish embarassed embarassed )
Hav u eva bin in dis kind of situation? Wld u date a guy/lady like dat?
grin
I would still loved you even if you spoke a bad English. Rotflmao.
But seriously, I can date such only if she is willing to learn.
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Lisaflex(f): 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2014
NO...MBA...IYO O...ANI!!!....Bad english will reduce my lyf span
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Mrsfaithhh: 11:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
cool smileyLmao.funny comments. But seriously u know guys and dis dia ego tin na.u correct him and he feels embarrassed.
Well not just guys tho,it feels somhow jor.
Like I used to say "Kolography" instead of "Choreography",until an x of mine corrected me.shame catch me small sha,I was quiet for hours for fear of anoda bullet grin.
But then I tot of ways to dis guy witout makin him feel bad but it dint work.like:

Bf: Wen ar u goin to left?
Me; oh u mean wen am I goin to leav? smiley
Bf:yes .wen ar u lefting? cool
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Mrsfaithhh: 11:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
xpac01:
Video or... I'll not comment
Abeg I dey com make I shoot d video.
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
dorlapoh20:
Express yourself ma.
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by wunmi590(m): 11:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
Pishurte, video, cnvrsion btwen bth of u or idonbiliveit grin
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 30, 2014
ALKARULEZZ:
Express yourself ma.
i was here. grin .
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Berthezda(m): 11:38pm On Dec 30, 2014
ALKARULEZZ:
Express yourself ma.
she's obviosly a space booker.
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
dorlapoh20:

i was here. grin .
u need a souvenir? undecided
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Berthezda(m): 11:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
No,i dont think i can put up with an "ada mbano".......u get
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Monicasque(f): 11:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
I think i would help him to learn the language. Maybe find classes for him or something, and explain to him gently why m doing dat, without embarassing him or hurting his feelings, den watch how he deals with other aspects of his life.if he shows dat he is interested in learning, i will keep him around, bt if he doesn't see, interested i wud let him go, bt we also need to remember dat its nt as if he wud just agree to attend class frm the first day i raise dis problem, his pride wud need my patience, to deal wit dis matter

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
Berthezda:
she's obviosly a space booker.
apparently
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
ALKARULEZZ:
u need a souvenir? undecided
no thanks grin
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 31, 2014
dorlapoh20:

no thanks grin
sin no more
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 31, 2014
ALKARULEZZ:
sin no more
grin
Re: Can You Date A Guy/lady That Doesn't Speak Good English? by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 31, 2014
i can speak only pidgin and japanese angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo Story: A Lesson To Learn / Photo! Nigga Be Like God Please Forgive Me For The Sin Am About To Commit / My G/f Got A Phone From A Male Friend With Out My Consent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.