Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,053 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? (32572 Views)

See What She Gave Me As My Xmas Hamper. / Best Times To Ask A Lady Out And Get A Yes Faster / What Would You Do If Your Boyfriend Gave You This As Birthday Gift (PHOTOS!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by chic2pimp(m): 3:59am On Jan 01, 2015
filani:

Now this Guy right here has something that a lot of us guys need more of ... It's called SELF RESPECT !!!

He refuses to come to the relationship table with a beggarly mindset, he values himself too much to let one funny gal waste his TIME and ENERGY.

I can't believe some male posters on this thread! Waiting 3 months, 6 months , 1 year plus !!! Don't even get me started about that guy that was spending on the Gal like ATM. Jeeeezus ! I don't know if I should laugh or cry for these guys.

If I have said it once then I've said it a thousand times to my Nairaland brothers .
RECIPROCITY is key, if you are doing all the work(chasing) and she's catching all the fun then you have missed it from the get go.

Relationship is a two way street , if I'm putting in effort to be with a Gal you better believe I expect her to put in effort to be with Me as well, I don't give myself CHEAPLY to any Gal

Thanks Bro. Greatly Appreciated!

I think most times we men fail to realise the amount of power we hold in our hands. We've been made or should I say "TRAINED" to believe the female folks hold all the aces when in actual fact it's simply not true. We Do!. You simply need to know how to play your cards right.

I think someone mentioned it earlier not too sure but here it goes, The Lady you've been chasing for 3 weeks will happily give it out to one of her crushes in 3seconds. Call it the female intuition or whatever name but ladies know within a minute of meeting you if you are indeed BF materia. So if u had to chase her for 3 months then you are definitely not her First option. Probably not her second either or third, Fourth or Fifth. You are simply a Guy she had to make to do with because she had no options left.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Nobody: 4:04am On Jan 01, 2015
holysaint1:

my sista, we re not talking about transformer here... U can visit d nearest nepa office for more info.. :/
Im just telling you sweetheart.Am a lady,you know.
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Drila7: 4:29am On Jan 01, 2015
Me and U have d same Spirit, ȋ̝̊̅ can Force my Self on a girl dat will give me difficult Time.
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 01, 2015
damzy88:
From Job to romance undecided From Job to romance

You had to quite the OP...twice?? undecided
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 01, 2015
damzy88:
From Job to romance undecided From Job to romance

You had to quote the OP...twice?? undecided
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by iyobs7(f): 6:54am On Jan 01, 2015
dechandel:
Awww
I cant wait to see your wedding pictures cheesy

Lol... Thank you...

XRAY21:

Lol I tell you even if it true it out of pity

Well unlike most girls, she is unique and I saw that in her... When she first said NO, she was at home preparing for her Jamb and Post ume and said she was not ready to throw emotions into the equation... Because it may affect her studies and preparation... Unlike some girls that will say YES before they hear "Will You..."

We were so close that she attended my Uncles funeral, infact she was the only friend of mine that accompanied me and she was involved in sharing refreshments... She did same too during my two sisters wedding and also during my cousins wedding... She is a very disciplined girl and I was not surprised when I found out that she was a virgin and she is in her mid twenties...

During my final year dinner she accompanied me even though we were not dating and even though I had no car to pick her up, she was 100% comfortable with what I could offer...

She has done countless things I am grateful for and I will say it is a privilege to be dating someone like her...

Not all girls love the BF/GF status, most of them do not know the true value of love... In my insecurities I do tell her that though I am not super handsome, that I will do all within my reach to love her endlessly...

We have been up for more than a year, No sex but we are waxing stronger each passing day... Both families know each other and my mum is particularly fond of her...

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Tupundu(m): 7:09am On Jan 01, 2015
firstEVA:
why do you think he's lying? You've not seen where woman ask men out?
Dnt mind dat guy,i swear @least two girls lik dat have did that to me...funny tin i ddnt evn accept
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by mosefin19(m): 7:28am On Jan 01, 2015
d 1st girl i wnt to date..she jst sayin dat bcuz we ar living in d same compound...wen she already dieing in luv.. i knw i get her bcus we luv ourself
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by PrettyGaby(f): 7:28am On Jan 01, 2015
Olutola88:
Pissed? Not at all! I'm having real fun. Just that there are times I get tired of the Friends With Benefits thing. But the thing sweet sha
okayy.
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 01, 2015
Still counting....
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 01, 2015
mosefin19:
d 1st girl i wnt to date..she jst sayin dat bcuz we ar living in d same compound...wen she already dieing in luv.. i knw i get her bcus we luv ourself
Goodluck
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by XRAY21(m): 8:42am On Jan 01, 2015
iyobs7:

Lol... Thank you...

Well unlike most girls, she is unique and I saw that in her... When she first said NO, she was at home preparing for her Jamb and Post ume and said she was not ready to throw emotions into the equation... Because it may affect her studies and preparation... Unlike some girls that will say YES before they hear "Will You..."

We were so close that she attended my Uncles funeral, infact she was the only friend of mine that accompanied me and she was involved in sharing refreshments... She did same too during my two sisters wedding and also during my cousins wedding... She is a very disciplined girl and I was not surprised when I found out that she was a virgin and she is in her mid twenties...

During my final year dinner she accompanied me even though we were not dating and even though I had no car to pick her up, she was 100% comfortable with what I could offer...

She has done countless things I am grateful for and I will say it is a privilege to be dating someone like her...

Not all girls love the BF/GF status, most of them do not know the true value of love... In my insecurities I do tell her that though I am not super handsome, that I will do all within my reach to love her endlessly...

We have been up for more than a year, No sex but we are waxing stronger each passing day... Both families know each other and my mum is particularly fond of her...

Mmmm nice
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Yusphull(m): 9:02am On Jan 01, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:
I've been asking for close to three years now. Anytime she notice I'm getting tired of her, she will text me to keeping me hoping. I'm really getting tired if her but she has my mumu button so I don't have a choice.

God is ur strength... # Legend of the HopeFUL# grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by holysaint1(m): 10:10am On Jan 01, 2015
dovelike:

Im just telling you sweetheart.Am a lady,you know.

Understood .... Ma Lady smiley

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by senatorn3c(m): 11:05am On Jan 01, 2015
[color=#770077][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]she took me 1ful year buh sm took me jst 3days n sm asked me out waiting for me to say yes.....

funniest tin is dat i luv d one dat took me 1ful year to say yes dan odas.

i apply termacool for all i am karid
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by AdesinaOlajide(m): 11:18am On Jan 01, 2015
Hello Peeps Happy New year.
Mine is one kind.
There's this wonderful lady I've known for 11years now, I'm in my early 20's now.I didn't see her for 9years till just this December but we kept in touch throughout the 9years.The thing is I really like this girl and I can also confidently say she likes me too, I've been in about 4 relationships since 05 but I know those relationships hasn't been what I want because my mind has always been on a future with this lady.
Within this 9years also,I've been able to talk with a few of her family members, just to show you that I'm welcomed at her place.
I just need a candid advice, I hope it's not too premature talking about a relationship with her or better still planning on making her my wife someday due to the reason that we just got to see each other just last month after 9years.
*Sorry for the epistle*
thanks for your responses.
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by WINDSOW(m): 11:30am On Jan 01, 2015
AdesinaOlajide:
Hello Peeps Happy New year.
Mine is one kind.
There's this wonderful lady I've known for 11years now, I'm in my early 20's now.I didn't see her for 9years till just this December but we kept in touch throughout the 9years.The thing is I really like this girl and I can also confidently say she likes me too, I've been in about 4 relationships since 05 but I know those relationships hasn't been what I want because my mind has always been on a future with this lady.
Within this 9years also,I've been able to talk with a few of her family members, just to show you that I'm welcomed at her place.
I just need a candid advice, I hope it's not too premature talking about a relationship with her or better still planning on making her my wife someday due to the reason that we just got to see each other just last month after 9years.
*Sorry for the epistle*
thanks for your responses.
The sermon long pass Salvation grin Well lemme advice u, U are not ready marry nw.It is hard to say if the relationship ll blossom into marriage.Y stree yourself into something that won't last long. Keep being her friend n totally discipline ur emotions.
Thank me lata
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by AdesinaOlajide(m): 11:57am On Jan 01, 2015
@Windsow
Uhm...Thanks for that advice . Would put that into practice.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Wisdytech(m): 12:31pm On Jan 01, 2015
she had been eyeing me but i didnt noticed! So one fine day, to fully recalled 1st Jan. '14. we meet and i proposed to her, she accepted instantly. Till now, we querell, we silence each other. But never seperated... Today (1st Jan '15) marks us 1 full year in service. Please pray for us. Cos we cnt take our life from each other. LOVE FOREVER

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by ckdoubles: 1:09pm On Jan 01, 2015
To me I feel is ladies that don't know what they want that keep delaying or ladies that want to explore so when they are done dey will now say yes to one claiming they where being tough is not true
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by bobojoshua(m): 1:27pm On Jan 01, 2015
GeneralShepherd:
I never ask! Seduce first, sleep with her and wait for to ask so what are we now?
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by bobojoshua(m): 1:29pm On Jan 01, 2015
ckdoubles:
To me I feel is ladies that don't know what they want that keep delaying or ladies that want to explore so when they are done dey will now say yes to one claiming they where being tough is not true
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by bobojoshua(m): 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2015
filani:

Now this Guy right here has something that a lot of us guys need more of ... It's called SELF RESPECT !!!

He refuses to come to the relationship table with a beggarly mindset, he values himself too much to let one funny gal waste his TIME and ENERGY.

I can't believe some male posters on this thread! Waiting 3 months, 6 months , 1 year plus !!! Don't even get me started about that guy that was spending on the Gal like ATM. Jeeeezus ! I don't know if I should laugh or cry for these guys.

If I have said it once then I've said it a thousand times to my Nairaland brothers .
RECIPROCITY is key, if you are doing all the work(chasing) and she's catching all the fun then you have missed it from the get go.

Relationship is a two way street , if I'm putting in effort to be with a Gal you better believe I expect her to put in effort to be with Me as well, I don't give myself CHEAPLY to any Gal
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by bobojoshua(m): 1:47pm On Jan 01, 2015
ideology:

Hahaha, i love this.
You got it right.

Don't woo.
Be friendly, build strong friendship

One day just walk up to her and say, [b]baby lets do this [/b]simple

kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by SenatorJames(m): 2:02pm On Jan 01, 2015
iyobs7:
Almost 6 years...

First time I asked::: Not ready for a relationship
Second time::: Was scared we'll not work out cos we were best friends... Said she was scared of loosing the friendship if relationship does not work out...

Third time::: You know me in and out, and where I am coming from, I dont think anyone else will be able to take care of me like you will... I would love to bear your kids one day... Yes... Nov 9th 2013 till date... We've had quarrels, fights and lots more but tho we are close to our late 20's we quarrel like kids, forgive easily and never proud to say sorry... I call her my little winchy winchy...
Nice one. The type of love story I always love to read. God bless your union.
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by bobojoshua(m): 2:03pm On Jan 01, 2015
jonced:
OP...it depends on how u go about it. I have never had to wait for a reply. As soon as i ask, i get a yes or a no, n i'm done. That is because i usually spend some time casually relating with the person n in the process via body language etc, i can pretty much tell which way she is leaning, so by the time i ask, that is if we have not already stared dating sef without asking, but if i do ask it is usually yes. So first get friendly with her and u wont have to wait...except she's not that into u. In which case, u need to upgrade...
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by bobojoshua(m): 2:11pm On Jan 01, 2015
troy20:
Well uh...it was only the 2nd date...and she didn't say yes actually.she only let out a soft moan as I reached down, then I knew I had the free pass.
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by bobojoshua(m): 2:21pm On Jan 01, 2015
ifoundmyperfect:

You start by being her friend. After you have gotten to know her person, and you feel you both 'click' you then explore going beyond the boundaries of friendship, which I maintain can be done without asking her out.
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by collinsoft(m): 2:37pm On Jan 01, 2015
Olutola88:
It is a popular belief amongst women that a Lady needs to give a guy a tough time before she dances to his beats. They claim such delay tactics is healthy as it will make the guy cherish her more. They also claim that the guy would appreciate better something he sweats to get.

Sincerely speaking, this their ideology is absolute trash to me. I don't have that time to be chasing a lady for 12 months, after all she isn't my “dream”.

I get easily discouraged when it comes to convincing a lady to be mine, maybe because I don't feel a lady is doing me a favour by accepting to be mine. Come to think it, “Is she doing me any favour”? Don't even talk about sex cos it's very cheap and I can get it without dating. More so, she won't be doing me any good because she might even enjoy it more ( I always put my partner's satisfaction first).

I get sick and tired when a lady gives me unnecessary tough time. In fact, most of them call me “Egotistical”. They think I'm proud because my orientation is different from that of most guys they've met. They feel I'm cocky because they don't know my background, they have no idea about my journey so far.

I've had just 3 Girlfriends all my life. The first, I didn't woo her. The second gave me a YES after 24hours and the third which was the most tasking accepted to be mine after 4days of declaring interest. Guess what? I had the shortest relationship with the one that gave me the toughest time, it lasted just 2 months.

I've been single since December 2012 mainly because I don't have that strength to keep pushing and pushing. Most of them tell me that I'm spoilt and that I don't even know how to woo *lmao*. They claim I'm always too casual when wooing them, they say I don't show sign of seriousness, they conclude I always feel I shouldn't work too hard to get them. Do they want me to kill cow to show my seriousness? Nevertheless, I feel I've not just met that person that'll make me break the rules, that one person that'll make my heart do giz giz, that person that'll have my “mumu button” *lol*.

You know the funniest thing? The ones you don't wanna date are the ones always stalking and readily available. As a good guy, you don't wanna woo dem, use dem and dump them. So, nigga just keeps it at the Friends With Benefits level. When you get tired of the FWB life and seek love again, you'll meet one girl that'll be giving you unnecessary tough time and you'll be like... “WTF! Some girls are praying I upgrade their status from FWB to official Girlfriend and this one is here forming one rubbish! Go To Hell jooor” *LMAO*

My Questions:

1. How long did you wait before she gave you a YES

2. How long can you wait to get a YES?

3. Ladies, wetin be una problem? Is giving a guy a tough time a guarantee he will treat you right?

4. Ladies, why must we chase you people like we chase money before you say YES? I think the love thing should be mutual na? Must you stress the hell outta our lives?

Guess we have the same trait. When I read up post I could feel me in u. I don't have that patience and time for when, I really don't but maybe someday I would find true love.
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by kessco(m): 3:28pm On Jan 01, 2015
Some ladies are funny..

If I tell you my experience you won't believe it
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by rhames(m): 3:28pm On Jan 01, 2015
3 months of courtship and another two to prepare for our wedding.
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by uckyra: 4:50pm On Jan 01, 2015
i knw his type

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ROMANTIC STORY: My Landlady, Her Daughters And A Tenant (part 9 - Final Episode) / A Facebook User Discovers His Ex-Girlfriend is HIV Positive After Breaking Up / What Attract You To A Person Before You Start A Relationship With That Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.