Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,022 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy (13614 Views)

Kogi: Buhari Setting Nigeria On Path Of Anarchy – Fayose / Jonathan Decries Pull-him-down Syndrome / El-dee Decries the Manipulative Use of his Name By GEJ Campaign Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by newguy1(m): 4:49pm On Dec 31, 2014
I'm categorically saying it our president is a late bloomer ur opponent his already winning you when it comes to social media instead of you to gear up and find a way to start winning, you are their saying social media is bad. U need Bad to win so u can turn it to Good. can't believe I was rooting for u b4
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by ZACHIE: 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
When Social Media helped him to win last time, it was all okay.
When they hit 1.5 follwers and LIKES on FB, social media was great.
When Twtitter was awash with GEJ till eternity, Social Media was a darling

Now, the tide has changed and Social Media is a demon

shior

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by kevade: 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
Elcapo:
Meanwhile
What is Hypocrisy? Hypocrisy is when a south-south guy criticizes Rotimi Ameachi for joining APC but praise Bafarawa & Shekarau for joining PDP! Hypocrisy is when PDP goes to court to stop PDP legislators from defecting to APC but celebrate when APC legislators decamp to PDP. Hypocrisy is when the senate president refused to read Saraki & co’s defection letter to APC but was quick to read Chukwumerije's defection letter to PDP! Hypocrisy is when PDP celebrate the defection of Gov. Theodore Orji & Ohakim to PDP and goes to court to stop kwankwaso & co from defecting to APC! Hypocrisy is when Oghiadomhe is sacked, to go & pursue his governorship ambition but Nyisom Wike is left to double as minister of education & military administrator of River state! Hypocrisy is when Bashir Argungu writes against GEJ and is called tribalistic and Edwin clerk's utterances are termed freedom of speech. Hypocrisy is when Stella Oduah is sacked for corruption charges that amount to N255million and Diezani Allison Madueke is left as minister with corruption charges amounting to $20billion! Hypocrisy is when PDP say 16 is > than19 & 5 is > than 26! For how long will this continue? Hypocrisy is when you vote Jonathan and claim that you are not voting PDP. Hypocrisy is when Doyin Okupe equates Jonathan with Jesus Christ and Christian members of PDP justify it. Hypocrisy is when you claim to hate corruption and still slam Buhari for prosecuting and Jailing corrupt Officials. Hypocrisy is when you criticize GMB for saying Abacha was not corrupt but hail Jonathan for withdrawing corruption charges against Muhammed Abacha. Hypocrisy is when you expect every Ijaw man to vote Jonathan but accuse the Hausa/Fulani man of promoting northern Agenda by campaigning for fellow Hausa-Fulani man. Hypocrisy is when you shout Hallelujah when Jonathan goes to kneel before a Pastor asking for Christian endorsement, but shout ISLAMIC Agenda when a Muslim politician asks fellow Muslims to vote him. Hypocrisy is when you accuse Buhari of being too old to be President, but hailed Jonathan for appointing 86years Old Tukur as an Ambassador-at-Large and praised him for appointing Chief Tony Aninih as NPA Chairman. Hypocrisy is When PDP celebrate the defection of Ondo State speaker for his defection from LP to PDP and ask Tambuwal to Vacate his seat because of his Defection from PDP to APC". What more can I say? Hypocrisy and PDP are like Siamese twins. Say no to hypocrisy!!Votewisely come February2015

Is it not hypocrisy when the social media galvanised his support and was instrumental in his winning the 2011 elections but now they are Xraying his gross inefficiencies the social media is being used to cause anarchy. Mr president wake up this is 2014. Oops or is it 2015.
THE TIme OF CHANGE HAS COME.
GMB/OSIBANJO: THE CHANGE WE NEED . At least for now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by joseArnolds: 4:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
[quote author=LRNZH post=29370312][b]It won't surprise me if this happens.

Was it not GEJ that hired an Isreali firm to monitor Nigeria's internet traffic for a ridiculous amount of money?

Afterall DSS abi na SSS are harassing APC progressives while Asari and Edwin Clarke are rambling all they want.
I can remember vividly that Asari Docubo was invited by SSS. your hatref for GEJ can not allow you to think straight. ur buhari promised blood if Jonathan wins in 2011, and ten corpers died. if they were ur relatives would you be happy. you are here talking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Orikinla(m): 4:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
tochukwuifeduba:
Jonathan decries use of social media to cause anarchy

President Goodluck Jonathan has decried the use of the social media worldwide to create social discontent and anarchy in the society.
Jonathan said this when he met with a delegation of traditional rulers and leaders from Bayelsa, on Tuesday, in Abuja.
He said that the social media initially meant for good had become a tool to disseminate evil.

Cue in audio

‘‘ These days, there are all kinds of stories. It is all over the world, leaders are being lambasted, especially with the social media now.
’’People use what knowledge had created for negative reasons.
‘‘Just as I was told that the person who invented dynamite, later regretted that invention because he thought he was coming up with something to solve human problem.

“ But when he got to know about the level of destruction, human lives that are being blown up because of explosion, the man regretted that invention.
“What is supposed to be used for the common good was turned to negative purposes.

“I always say that I will not even expect praises now because hardly do people praise serving leaders. It is when you leave, people will begin to know.
“When you leave, they will begin to compare what you have done over the period vis-a-vis what others have done.

“Then they will compare you with whoever takes over.’

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/jonathan-decries-use-social-media-cause-anarchy/

1 Share

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
See this...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by 3kay945(m): 4:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
Why won't he say that since he won award for most abused and insulted president ever liveth

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by BRAV0O(m): 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
omusiliyu:
3years ago things abi.
he can do it again , man will really appreciate him for it cus too many activities, man need to rest tongue
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Orikinla(m): 4:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
kevade:

Is it not hypocrisy when the social media galvanised his support and was instrumental in his winning the 2011 elections but now they are Xraying his gross inefficiencies the social media is being used to cause anarchy. Mr president wake up this is 2014. Oops or is it 2015.
THE TIme OF CHANGE HAS COME.
GMB/OSIBANJO: THE CHANGE WE NEED . At least for now.
GEJ is scared, because we are winning the social media campaign.
Abati, Reno and Okupe have reported to him and he is not happy.

They sent me a press release to castigate APC and I refused to publish it and gave them my reasons and they shamefully did not send me another press release.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by baybeeboi: 4:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
onatisi:
bros ,just dey watch them oo. I now know the reason why wole soyinka gave the idea that a state of emergency should be declared on nigeria educational sector. as far as the op is concerned decried means to ban. Infact I think a total clamp down on social media in nigeria will be good so that majority of nigerian youth will stop exhibiting their stupidity to the outside world.

I just pity some of us that come here to be informed and Educated
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by LouisVanGaal(m): 5:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ngwakwe:

See his reply to your question

Goodluck Jonathan said "I did say during my declaration on November 11, 2014, that we are proud that no Nigerian has been exiled or imprisoned on our watch, for holding contrary views. We must ensure that we continue to water the tree bearing the fruits of freedom, for our beloved people.

Stop running when no man is pursuing you
In the first place, is this not democracy? Jona is soo dumb! Dat he is almost counting it as an achievement..how often does Donald trump and d rest of right wing in d white house insult/criticise Obama? Does the White house press secretary or senior white house correspondence bark in defense like abati et al? Or even how UK always ridicule PM David cameron?

Did he even arrest any corrupt politician that looted? Just take a look @ tompolo and asari...are de not massively benefiting from dis govt illegally?

Your own is that anywhere u hear dem talk against GEJ, u go just jump out from ur hole in defence..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by joseArnolds: 5:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
ZACHIE:
When Social Media helped him to win last time, it was all okay.
When they hit 1.5 follwers and LIKES on FB, social media was great.
When Twtitter was awash with GEJ till eternity, Social Media was a darling

Now, the tide has changed and Social Media is a demon
most of you buharist were not there in 2011, then there was peace in social media, and maturity. but Apc agents have hacked the entire system. wish u the best
shior
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by zantama05(m): 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
let us vote out this man he is saying so, shocked

when if he get second term what do you think he did?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by CHILDofGOD85: 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2014
Of cos jonathan should be worried.
I'm sure his media aides have started conducting online polls on his popularity and I'm sure, they're not too pleased with the results.

Until the election comes up in february, jonathan's team will be busy brainstorming over an effective campaign theme to drive his re-election.
But sadly, they may never find one unless they look inwards and tell themselves the truth.

Jonathan's major achievements in 6yrs are in the agriculture and railway system.
That's almost all he's done; and this should drive his campaign.

The earlier he stops hitting at Buhari and trying to paint I'm black, the better for him.

Buhari achieved more than that under 1yr.

At the political crossroads we are now as Nigerians, the average man needs CHANGE.

And that's CHANGE that's performance driven.
Not one based on talks, excuses and sentimental lectures seeking to drum up sympathy.
That's clearly what jonathan has been doing.

I wish him well anyway, but we need change.
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by idumuose(m): 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Are PhockPhockMan, Nqwakwe, Idumuose, etc no longer living up to their tasks?
You are the one Jonathan is using as a reference.Instead of you to use the social media to disseminate information and enlighten the public(Althouugh you cannot give what you don't have),

You are busy with your numerous alternate handles such as GeneralScatter,killAndGo,collynzo419,odimma,etc and other 'mechetra mechetra' useless handles to abuse people,to derail topics,to troll and
to post God knows who's pictures here.I am also sure it isn't beneath you to carry out shenanigans similar to those displayed by the killers of Cynthia Osokogu.

‎​Posting kiddies junction comment and picture is a poor reflection on your intellectual capacity.While you were busy abusing peoples' mothers,‎​the devil was sitting on you farting and laughing while at it.

If you do not change in 2015, what has befallen your area boy gangs including eggheaders will be your lot.

Orlandoowoh,you are sick ‎​and if you don't know your sickness, that means you will never find a cure.

‎​You must understand that I have little tolerance for idiocy such as you have shamefully displayed this year.

You have been very rude and cowardly this year and ‎​if you have been rude to people you cannot expect courtesy from them.

Orlandoowoh alias odimma,GeneralScatter,collynzo419,etc.Separate yourself from the camp of those who are hopeless.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Abugab(m): 5:05pm On Dec 31, 2014
Oga Presido, tell Abati, Reuben, Okupe...to leave social media. They have been using social media to tell lies to the people and thus misinforming Nigerians and the world. If there are peple using social media for the wrong things, your paid attack dogs will rank first in Nigeria. Thank God for social media, the era of turning blue to white is gone as people have direct access to information now making it more difficult for non performing governments in the world to continue feeding the people lies. Second base jare...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
This is what happen when number ONE citizen of a country run out of ideas.
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by LouisVanGaal(m): 5:10pm On Dec 31, 2014
He's now lamenting not because he's concerned of our welfare, but because his fan base on social network is on downward spiral! Unlike when he gave us Psalm 201 in 2011...'I had no shoes'..gringringrin

Rubbish! Even a primary 1 pupil knows that there's NOTHING in dis world that serve a permanent +ve purpose..everything good also has a bad side of it..
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by MEILYN(m): 5:10pm On Dec 31, 2014
Reno Omokri now blocks Buhari supporters from commenting on his facebook "Build Up Nigeria" page. A page for propaganda and lies putting President Jonathan in a good light and Buhari in a bad light.

Guess the insults are getting to them. Thank God for social media.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
idumuose:

You are the one Jonathan is using as a reference.Instead of you to use the social media to disseminate information and enlighten the public(Althouugh you cannot give what you don't have),

You are busy with your numerous alternate handles such as GeneralScatter,killAndGo,collynzo419,odimma,etc and other 'mechetra mechetra' useless handles to abuse people,to derail topics,to troll and
to post God knows who's pictures here.I am also sure it isn't beneath you to carry out shenanigans similar to those displayed by the killers of Cynthia Osokogu.

‎​Posting kiddies junction comment and picture is a poor reflection on your intellectual capacity.While you were busy abusing peoples' mothers,‎​the devil was sitting on you farting and laughing while at it.

If you do not change in 2015, what has befallen your area boy gangs including eggheaders will be your lot.

Orlandoowoh,you are sick ‎​and if you don't know your sickness, that means you will never find a cure.

‎​You must understand that I have little tolerance for idiocy such as you have shamefully displayed this year.

You have been very rude and cowardly this year and ‎​if you have been rude to people you cannot expect courtesy from them.

Orlandoowoh alias odimma,GeneralScatter,collynzo419,etc.Separate yourself from the camp of those who are hopeless.
As regards who owns those handles, you may choose to believe what you wish.
I'm on this forum to educate and be educated, not for fun. I wata?
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by CHILDofGOD85: 5:30pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Without Buhari's Islamic activism there won't be BokoHaram as it is now in Nigeria.

Buhari embolden those Islamist terrorists

If you care to know, the genealogy of Buhari's popularity, it dates back to a statement Buhari made in the wake of the Sharia debate in the early years of Olusegun Obasanjo’s Administration when a spokesperson for the Obasanjo administration announced that the council of state, of which Buhari is a member, had decided to suspend Sharia implementation in Zamfara State and in other sister States that adopted the law,

At this crucial point in Nigerian history, Buhari publicly and "courageously" disputed the statement, saying that no such decision had been taken by the council.

On this declaration, there were thunderous jubilation across northern Nigeria and subsequently earning him the reverential name of mai gaskiya — man of integrity

Sharia law debacle claimed more than five thousand lives across Nigeria.

This is Buhari's Fact file

You and some folks like you need to rise above your fearful levels of religious bigotry and root for a man whose middle name is performance and intergrity.

I can understand your fears on sharia or boko haram over running Nigeria but there's a poser for you-
Buhari ruled Nigeria once and he never islamized Nigeria (though he had the power to do so)
Most people that worked with him in his govt were christians.
Go and research it. Fact.

When Buhari ruled, there was a violent religious sect that rampaged Nigeria and as deadly as boko haram then.
They were called the maitatsines.
It was this very Buhari you're painting black that wiped them out of Nigeria.

His records speak for him. You can't take it away.
Buharis is just a fervent muslim who wants to work.
Muslims may support muslim ideals but that doesn't mean they support terrorism.

Pls, free your mind of bias.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 31, 2014
Jona u are messed. I have lived to understand that calamity people like you destroyed this world because there was no internet for the common people to express themelves. Now that they can express themsevlves you call anachy, i wonder if there was no anachy before internet was invented
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by SANRICHES: 5:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
Being objective in our comments shows discipline. Naija is d only country we'hv oo
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by major466(m): 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
tochukwuifeduba:

"President Goodluck Jonathan has decried the use of the social media worldwide to create social discontent and anarchy in the society"

That doesn't mean he plan to clamp down on social media. GEJ is a Democrat not Buhari.
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by major466(m): 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2014
mynairatime:
Jona u are messed. I have lived to understand that calamity people like you destroyed this world because there was no internet for the common people to express themelves. Now that they can express themsevlves you call anachy, i wonder if there was no anachy before internet was invented
Did you read the article? There's no plan to clamp down on social media. Its never gonna happen. Blame the Op for the misleading headline.
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by cirmuell(m): 5:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
BlaiseJohn:
hian! why you quote musiwa na grinsad
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
major466:

Did you read the article? There's no plan to clamp down on social media. Its never gonna happen. Blame the Op for the misleading headline.
I wondered if u also read mine. I never said "clamp down..." well, even if he wants to, of cause that will be above his power. I will have to compare him with a bricklayer trying to repair cut life wire...a suicider.
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Ngwakwe: 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
CHILDofGOD85:

You and some folks like you need to rise above your fearful levels of religious bigotry and root for a man whose middle name is performance and intergrity.

I can understand your fears on sharia or boko haram over running Nigeria but there's a poser for you-
Buhari ruled Nigeria once and he never islamized Nigeria (though he had the power to do so)
Most people that worked with him in his govt were christians.
Go and research it. Fact.

When Buhari ruled, there was a violent religious sect that rampaged Nigeria and as deadly as boko haram then.
They were called the maitatsines.
It was this very Buhari you're painting black that wiped them out of Nigeria.

His records speak for him. You can't take it away.
Buharis is just a fervent muslim who wants to work.
Muslims may support muslim ideals but that doesn't mean they support terrorism.

Pls, free your mind of bias.

There is no dictionary that defines fact files as intolerance or bias

Buhari tells Southern Nigeria a thing and another to Northern Nigeria.

Let Buhari tell his supporters through BBC Hausa Broadcast that Sharia law is no longer feasible in secular Nigeria and see his political capital plummet to near zero once they receive the news through their transistor radios.

The bigots easily think every other person questioning their actions is like them who can't tolerate simple criticism on their irresponsible ideology and actions.

Standing for the truth and being courageous about it is my mode of operation and there is no intimidation, insult, threat or harassment that can stop me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by oweman: 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
rayopt:
.always say that I will not even expect praises now because hardly do people praise serving leaders. It is when you leave, people will begin to know.

Can anyone in his right senses ever praise jonathan in or out of office by theway sebi one prophet 2 years past said jonathan will serve minimum seven years imprisonment fter his tenure as president .
oga jona remains uncontrollably clueless....... wat a pity!!!!!!!!! he still dey beg im clueless supporters to contunu in their cluelessness
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by femikay149(m): 6:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
LRNZH:

All the over 3,000 dead and even more displaced persons from GEJ's mishandling of the Boko Haram issue nko? His Gov't is responsible.

boko has claimed over 10000 people not 3k point of correction
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by ceseargeo: 7:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
Devilish sahara reporters...agent of APC.
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Ebukaokeke5: 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
Nobody wud miss old system n out of model 20th century coach train system u reintroduced in2 Nigeria,wen others r njoying d 21st century model of train systems,nor wud anybody miss any of d outdated systems u facilitated from buildings to state amenities.I cant see any of dem meeting up wit d first class standard of amenities found in d developed countries.Is it dat u r too blind 2 see d kind of amenities included in d developement of developed countries or dat u jst love antiquities n wants every Nigerian 2 live like u?.U r jst a shame to d inventions n facilitations of d 21st century.Leave Aso Rock n let dose who understand d age we r living in occupy the presidential villa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Increases Prisoners’ Feeding Cost To ₦1,000 Daily / 2023: Timi Frank Warns Buhari, INEC Against Poll Shift / Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.