Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES (1353 Views)

Have You Dated A Girl/Guy Who Doesn't FORGIVE? / Ladies, This Is The Kind Of Guy You Should Stop Wasting Time With / Love Comes Before This Pure Sex, And Then... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by micronut(m): 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2014
Born to Love but taught to Hate was a short fiction i had read very recently from one of my most admired naija blog. The short story was written by kiki Nelson, an avid Writter and a bloger, the story drives home succinctly,how no serious attention and concern has been given to continous unwarranted seeds of hate that our parents have always been putting in us, even when things is seemingly not the way they paints it most time. The norms is coloured in RACISM, TRIBALISM and pure STEROTYPING.

Just yesterday, a close female friend told me about a guy she has feeling for in school, told me how the guy keep pestering her for a serious relationship. Out of Impatient, i asked, then foyeke what is now the problem? Yemi..its a strong feeling ooo and i wish i can risk it. Yemi,the guy is from Ondo town and my parents dispassionately hates the 'Ondo's....Why? i asked...they have no concrete reason ooo and this dude is a perfect gentle man,he has almost everything i want in a man.
Hmmn..i wish i can help her or advice but have been in her shoe before and i understand how perfectly the shoe pinches....our parents just hate for no reason, you come from the same south-south, they tell you not to bring a man from your next village? can you imagine...

You come from ilaje, an ese odo man or girl is a forbidden fruit for you... An offa girl cant marry from Erin-ile....ikwere man may be warned not to go near the next girl from orlu..kaduna south and north lover birds would go through thin and thick if they decides to make it happen.............U come from the same town, they warn you not to get a girl from the next compound becos of witchcraft....u are catholic, u must be looking for a catholic guy...so pathetic!

Nairalanders,whats your take on this? Any Experience and how do you weather the storm for those that have similar experience before.

BY THE WAY, HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE TO U ALL...Wishing u all a very Prosperous 2015!
Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by Beesluv: 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
Let her find out the reasons from her parents. If its not concrete, she should send her uncles/aunties to her parent.

Cos when she's getting old and still single, they'll be the ones asking when she wants to settle down

1 Like

Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by IamLEGEND1: 6:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
no comments till next year
Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by Osarieme415(m): 6:48pm On Dec 31, 2014
The trend is worrisome... My parents say "You must not marry from so and so tribe." The names of tribes on their "embargo-list" is so long I think I might end up not marrying a Nigerian. Love should lead,anyway.

1 Like

Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by micronut(m): 6:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
Osarieme415:
The trend is worrisome... My parents say "You must not marry from so and so tribe." The names of tribes on their "embargo-list" is so long I think I might end up not marrying a Nigerian. Love should lead,anyway.
Smiles......and u think they would not complain that your oyinbo wife to be would not be able to speak your language too? may god help us oooo

1 Like

Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by dechandel(f): 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
You are the one getting married. And not your parents.
Let them see reasons while you need to be with him/her
Be firm

but then again,you need their blessings angry

1 Like

Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by Oluwatosean(m): 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
this is a new generation. no parent have the fucking right to choose a partner for you. na 4 olden days those tins exist

1 Like

Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by tpia2012: 12:58am On Jan 01, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
no comments till next year

ok, go ahead, its next year now.
Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by Osarieme415(m): 12:47am On Jan 02, 2015
micronut:
Smiles......and u think they would not complain that your oyinbo wife to be
would not be able to speak your language too? may god help us oooo
My broda,I tire oooh
Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by ifoundmyperfect: 2:19am On Jan 02, 2015
This is more familiar with bizzy body, impulsive & dictator parents. They feel they are so clairvoyant that they know who you are to marry and who you are to avoid. Nevertheless, sometimes they are right. Although their veracity isn't about clairvoyance but more of a probabilistic scenario where one may or may not find his or herself in an unfortunate union. Advise; enlighten them. such mentality sld be left for the stark illiterates.

1 Like

Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by dnacrystal: 11:46am On Jan 02, 2015
When the feelings are very intense, you hear cases of eloping.
Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by Kenneth205(m): 11:54am On Jan 02, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by micronut(m): 8:56am On Jan 03, 2015
Kenneth205:
Hmmmmmm
bros u don experience one before?
Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by Kenneth205(m): 9:17am On Jan 03, 2015
micronut:
bros u don experience one before?

Noo.. But mum dnt like Hausa, Calabar, Esan and Urhobo Girls Atal.....
Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by micronut(m): 10:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
Kenneth205:

Noo.. But mum dnt like Hausa, Calabar, Esan and Urhobo Girls Atal.....

chai.......make god go catch u, make u jam one nice looking, cool headed and well behaved humble girl........tell me u wld want to miss such rare offer? even ur mum wlld have to let u be oooo
Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by Kenneth205(m): 10:37pm On Jan 03, 2015
micronut:
chai.......make god go catch u, make u jam one nice looking, cool headed and well behaved humble girl........tell me u wld want to miss such rare offer? even ur mum wlld have to let u be oooo

Bro, na her own she dy talk..

Any girl wey God gimme nai I qo take
Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by adegwurulez(m): 11:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
The reason why most married people still run home to their parents after any slight marital altercation is that, they allowed their parents to choose their spouse for them thereby making them the source of their problems and by extention, the solution.

1 Like

Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by Tymax(m): 11:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
If you know your parents will not change their minds, don't torture your partner any further; break up. Simple. If you go ahead and marry, you will successfully alienate your family.

Marriage should unite families not separate them.
Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by itstpia8: 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2016
Wbb
Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by cruzita(f): 3:13pm On Jan 08, 2016
ask ur parents why they hate them .and also note that ur parents can be wrong cos they are not perfect.

1 Like

Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by mzjayne(f): 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
Seriously facing the same issue angry...I'm just confused...my dad doesn't have a problem with the tribe, it's just my mum undecided...how do I handle this?
Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by mzjayne(f): 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
Tymax:
If you know your parents will not change their minds, don't torture your partner any further; break up. Simple. If you go ahead and marry, you will successfully alienate your family.

Marriage should unite families not separate them.
u make them happy, while you are sad..by letting him/ her go...really?!?
Re: WHEN THE GIRL/GUY YOU LOVE COMES FROM THE TRIBE YOUR PARENT HATES by tpia2012: 6:50pm On Jan 08, 2016
obviously that means your parents raised you to be open minded and not discriminate in dating.

However, is this necessarily a good thing especially if it means you will carelessly marry anyone who catches your fancy.

can anybody complaining here marry a boko haram? Why not?

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Indians On Every Social Network/app? / Question For Ladies......guys U Can Also See For Urself / Why This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.