Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,867 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today (25770 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan New Year Message To Nigerians / PDP Governors Give Jonathan New Conditions / [full Text] President Jonathan’s New Year Broadcast Speech On 1st January 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by jude33084(m): 10:57am On Jan 01, 2015
ceejayluv:

Point out what in that paragraph isn't true... With facts of course.

True but misleading sad

They sold the power sector to themselves angry
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by listica(m): 10:59am On Jan 01, 2015
Akshow:
Mr. President, suprisngly, u didn't say anything abt electric power. Does dt mean we should just accept our fate in higher bills for more darkness after all d monies spent in d power sector? Also u didn't make any mention of d refineries and hw we can refine our oil at home, stop importation and reduce susidy of landing cost of oil. Does dt also mean dt Nigeria under ur administration hs given up any hope of building more refineries and stopping importation of oil? Mr. President, ar u aware dt ds dame Nigeria built and completed two refineries from 1974-1980, d same six yrs uv stayed in office without building even one bt ran all d existing ones down? Wht ar ur plans btwn now and may 2015 whn ur going to hand over to bring dos looting our treasury dry to book? Tanzanian president recently sacked a minister for receiving a paltry $1m bribe, whn ar u going to sack, arrested and prosecute Bello Haliru, ur campaign director for his involvment in d Siemens bribery scam, Abba slowpoke, ur Interior Minister for dt immigration recruitment exercise scam, Deziani for her N10b private jet scam and dos who collected $470m to install CCTVs in Abuja bt didn't do so? Mr. President, d international oil price is falling all over with its attendant fall in oda goods and services, yet price of oil in Nigeria is even going up. Pls when will Nigerians join odas to enjoy ds fall in price? I appreciate ur revival of d railways bt I wonder wht hv bn holding u from doing dt since 2009, at least d revival would hv bn completed to enable Nigerians use d rail and reduce pressure on oir roads. Talking abt d roads, Mr. President, d Enugu/PH expressway ws completed in six months by d Shagari gvt, why hs dt same road by under reconstruction for six yrs under ur gvt and whn is dt road going to b completed at all? U promised to deliver d 2nd Niger Bridge in 2011 in d nxt four yrs, pls whr is d 2nd Niger bridge, ist it ready for use now? Mr. President, its surprising u didn't say anything abt dos Chibok girls kidnapped over 8 months ago, does it mean ur govt hs given up bringing dem back alive? Wht abt d recent 185 women kidnapped in Bornu, wht are ur gvt doing to rescue dem? Mr. President, sir, dia ar too many wastages in ur govt and u seem nt to see dem. Pls Mr. President, Nigeria doesn't need 11presidential jets. I will also suggest u jettison ur plan to acquire anoda one in 2015 budget. Mr. President, it is nt fair for one person to spend N4b for food and travels as u budgeted in 2015 whn over 70% of Nigerians live below d poverty level. Mr. President, its an economic waste to spend N9b or more in building one vice presidential palace for a country lik Nigeria with a per capita income of $1,500 whn d president of a country lik Uruguay lives in a farmhouse and drives a Volkswagen beatle, nothwistanding dt d per capita income of Uruguay is $16,400 in 2013. Mr. President, I wish u a happy new year as well bt I will prefer a happy new year with light, wjile thanking u for preparing to hand over on May, 29, 2015
I understand your anger but the devil you know is better than d one you don't know.all these problems hav bin dia before Jona came in,so don't expect him to do magic to fix them all withing short period his stays in d office, meanwhile just know that sabotage r every where trying to pull Mr presdo down but God can never allow that to happen,Jona till 2019
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by iampartyboy(m): 11:02am On Jan 01, 2015
felsunseg:
Mtcheew I was expecting ti see something like: petrol will be sold at 60 naira per litre, kerosine 50 a litre, bag of rice 6000 naira, bag is cement 800-1000 naira, free primary/secondary school education, return of fuel subsidy, scholarship for our best students, reconstruction of Ajaokuta iron industry, bokoram has finally being defeated after four years of terrorising Nigerians, i will no longer contest for presidency, Okonjo Iweala is no longer the finance minister, We a taking sport in Nigeria as one of our topmost priority, by this time next we shall celebrate 1 year of uninterrupted power supply, improvement in our science and tecnology, reduction in the members of house of assembly salaries etc , chai smh.
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by listica(m): 11:03am On Jan 01, 2015
popcykaylah:

if your sister has been kidnapped by those killers you won't type this, if you brother was a victim of bomblast you won't type this,if your wife was being rushed to the hospital only for doctors not to attend to her and she passed on you won't say this..if all these people in pain can see you and you can face them and say all these then you are more cold blooded than boko haram..
my friend if u don't know what to say u read and pass by
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by carryus(m): 11:04am On Jan 01, 2015
Oga jonal, u call boko haram common criminal. People dat u can not stop for 24 hour. Pls live way for change. Good day all.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by listica(m): 11:05am On Jan 01, 2015
calaway:
MAY THE GOOD GOD OF CREATION CONTINUE TO PROTECT AND DIRECT YOU AS YOU FULFILL HIS WILL FOR NIGERIA.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
GOD BLESS GEJ
GOD BLESS NIGERIANS
one love bro
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by crown777(m): 11:06am On Jan 01, 2015
listica:
I understand your anger but the devil you know is better than d one you don't know.all these problems hav bin dia before Jona came in,so don't expect him to do magic to fix them all withing short period his stays in d office, meanwhile just know that sabotage r every where trying to pull Mr presdo down but God can never allow that to happen,Jona till 2019

Sabotage from who? Are they not his party people? He once stated that BH is part of his govt and yet he did nothing about them. As long as your are the c in c of Nigeria army forces the country belongs to you because you are in charge to jail terrorists, corrupt official and so on. The guy is weak and lack common sense, another 4 years is going to be hell. I have made a vow once Gej wins the election am out of naija for another 4 years.

3 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by musb92yahooco: 11:07am On Jan 01, 2015
Jonathan y is ur eyes always red ogogoro master

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by listica(m): 11:07am On Jan 01, 2015
calaway:

IS THIS THE YPE OF TALK YOU WANT TO HEAR? -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePJSywwVWZM

IT WILL NEVER NEVER HAPPEN THAT BUHARI SMELLS ASO ROCK SEAT. SO ACCEPT YOUR FATE IN GOOD FAITH AND MAKE THE MOST OF IT WHILE CONTRIBUTING YOUR QUOTA TO NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN A LAWFUL MANNER.

GEJ TILL 2019
Abeg where u dey make I buy a glass of pam wine for u.no mind them

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by natnoble(m): 11:07am On Jan 01, 2015
why is he nt saying anything abt corruption in almost all his speech? i wish u hav don more in the area of corruption so far. it will take u more than new year message for me to vote for u again. happy new any way mr president.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by Temysteve(m): 11:07am On Jan 01, 2015
its d new year breeze.
GEJ till 2019 no shaken...
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by buJu234: 11:08am On Jan 01, 2015
plz sorry APC guys... this man GEJ looks ready for u guys.. whether its CPC disguised as APC.... grin grin
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by jude33084(m): 11:10am On Jan 01, 2015
crown777:

Sabotage from who? Are they not his party people? He once stated that BH is part of his govt and yet he did nothing about them. As long as your are the c in c of Nigeria army forces the country belongs to you because you are in charge to jail terrorists, corrupt official and so on. The guy is weak and lack common sense, another 4 years is going to be hell. I have made a vow once Gej wins the election am out of naija for another 4 years.

The country is getting worst padi mi sad

A man that openly say that stealing the govt money is no corruption cry

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by dammytosh: 11:12am On Jan 01, 2015
calaway:

IS THIS THE YPE OF TALK YOU WANT TO HEAR?

IT WILL NEVER NEVER HAPPEN THAT BUHARI SMELLS ASO ROCK SEAT. SO ACCEPT YOUR FATE IN GOOD FAITH AND MAKE THE MOST OF IT WHILE CONTRIBUTING YOUR QUOTA TO NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN A LAWFUL MANNER.

GEJ TILL 2019

Look for another material. This one is stale.

Only Nigerians vote, complain for 4 years and give plenty excuses for avoiding change. The cake continues.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by muhamm3d: 11:13am On Jan 01, 2015
Akshow:
Mr. President, suprisngly, u didn't say anything abt electric power. Does dt mean we should just accept our fate in higher bills for more darkness after all d monies spent in d power sector? Also u didn't make any mention of d refineries and hw we can refine our oil at home, stop importation and reduce susidy of landing cost of oil. Does dt also mean dt Nigeria under ur administration hs given up any hope of building more refineries and stopping importation of oil? Mr. President, ar u aware dt ds dame Nigeria built and completed two refineries from 1974-1980, d same six yrs uv stayed in office without building even one bt ran all d existing ones down? Wht ar ur plans btwn now and may 2015 whn ur going to hand over to bring dos looting our treasury dry to book? Tanzanian president recently sacked a minister for receiving a paltry $1m bribe, whn ar u going to sack, arrested and prosecute Bello Haliru, ur campaign director for his involvment in d Siemens bribery scam, Abba slowpoke, ur Interior Minister for dt immigration recruitment exercise scam, Deziani for her N10b private jet scam and dos who collected $470m to install CCTVs in Abuja bt didn't do so? Mr. President, d international oil price is falling all over with its attendant fall in oda goods and services, yet price of oil in Nigeria is even going up. Pls when will Nigerians join odas to enjoy ds fall in price? I appreciate ur revival of d railways bt I wonder wht hv bn holding u from doing dt since 2009, at least d revival would hv bn completed to enable Nigerians use d rail and reduce pressure on oir roads. Talking abt d roads, Mr. President, d Enugu/PH expressway ws completed in six months by d Shagari gvt, why hs dt same road by under reconstruction for six yrs under ur gvt and whn is dt road going to b completed at all? U promised to deliver d 2nd Niger Bridge in 2011 in d nxt four yrs, pls whr is d 2nd Niger bridge, ist it ready for use now? Mr. President, its surprising u didn't say anything abt dos Chibok girls kidnapped over 8 months ago, does it mean ur govt hs given up bringing dem back alive? Wht abt d recent 185 women kidnapped in Bornu, wht are ur gvt doing to rescue dem? Mr. President, sir, dia ar too many wastages in ur govt and u seem nt to see dem. Pls Mr. President, Nigeria doesn't need 11presidential jets. I will also suggest u jettison ur plan to acquire anoda one in 2015 budget. Mr. President, it is nt fair for one person to spend N4b for food and travels as u budgeted in 2015 whn over 70% of Nigerians live below d poverty level. Mr. President, its an economic waste to spend N9b or more in building one vice presidential palace for a country lik Nigeria with a per capita income of $1,500 whn d president of a country lik Uruguay lives in a farmhouse and drives a Volkswagen beatle, nothwistanding dt d per capita income of Uruguay is $16,400 in 2013. Mr. President, I wish u a happy new year as well bt I will prefer a happy new year with light, wjile thanking u for preparing to hand over on May, 29, 2015
may God bless you abundantly...ppl like you are one of the reasons i still have hope in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by dammytosh: 11:14am On Jan 01, 2015
natnoble:
why is he nt saying anything abt corruption in almost all his speech? i wish u hav don more in the area of corruption so far. it will take u more than new year message for me to vote for u again. happy new any way mr president.

It is because people are no longer corrupt. They are just stealing. The third are already advocating for mission 2019

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by listica(m): 11:15am On Jan 01, 2015
crown777:

bros Jonathan is far better than them,just listen to them before election 2011,i will make dis nation ongovernable if Jonathan win 2011,bros think wen odas do and see wen odas see
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by calaway: 11:20am On Jan 01, 2015
listica:
Abeg where u dey make I buy a glass of pam wine for u.no mind them
my brother we everly dey together in our love for the positive development and unity of our great country grin.

CHANGE is what GEJ has promised all Nigerians in his never ending determination to leave Nigeria better than he met it. He promised a continously improving Nigeria with tangible CHANGES in retrogressive old ways including corruption, and palpable CHANGES in the evolving new Nigeria where innovation and improvement is the order of the era (TRANSFORMATION AGENDA). this is a promise his is determined to keep no matter the resistance and number of spanners thrown into the national ever grinding wheel of progress by APC.

GEJ TILL 2019

cheers a toast to GEJ and greater NIGERIA

meanwhile in fela's voice Buhari is just and animal in a crazed mans skin (an animal is to not fit to lead even mentally challenged people)ENJOY THE SOUND OF WISDOM FROM THE GREAT ONE AGBAMI EDA. TIME 4.16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEMLFwBxrzI
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by AdeniyiA(m): 11:23am On Jan 01, 2015
i carefully searched through the message but couldn't see anywhere the president said "due to the fall in prices of petroleum products and it effects on the economy, i hereby slash my annual pay by 50% with same applying to all my appointees nd government officials ,also a bill would be sent to the NASS to make the decision official and applicable across boards"

But unfortunately most of our leaders are cheaters, selfish, vision less nd greedy undecided

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by adbokus(m): 11:24am On Jan 01, 2015
barcanista:
Honestly, the President should stop insulting our sensibilities. He sits in the comfort of wherever he is to beat his chest when there is nothing on ground to lay credence to the his so-called accomplishment. He should fire whoever tells him "All Correct Sir". Come February 14, we shall all in one accord reject him at the poll

with deference, you still think barca can minister despite the CAS disaster? Just making a note..happy new vista...
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by muhamm3d: 11:25am On Jan 01, 2015
listica:
hypocrite u are... 6years is a short period? Why are u pple so wicked, selfish and insensitive why? We hvnt evn seen a tiny difference, tiniest of differences in 6years, so its d remaining 4years dt hes gonna perform magic? U jonathN supporters are d problem with nigeria. Sabotage indeed, he ddnt knw of that before making empty promises. The simple truth is he has failed to perform and another person simply deserves a chance chikena. Why mk xcuses for his failures? Be reasonable this man is a perpetual failure.

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by jude33084(m): 11:26am On Jan 01, 2015
listica:
bros Jonathan is far better than them,just listen to them before election 2011,i will make dis nation ongovernable if Jonathan win 2011,bros think wen odas do and see wen odas see

Why do you think that anybody that challenges GEJ is for Buhari?

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by daryoor03(m): 11:26am On Jan 01, 2015
43, This goes to all our politicians to act right as the 2015 election approaches.
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by Kelly32: 11:27am On Jan 01, 2015
abdulll6afh:
Not even asheme of telling lies in media. This is an insults.and still their are some ignorants that will still vote jonathan happy newyear mr liar only god go punish you jona for destroying our country

If God has to punish someone, I know He will start from the previous presidents who ruled with much ignorance than we see in this regime. Jonathan just came in 6yrs ago and he is the one to be punished. I think we should watch what what we say so we don't display an alarming level of ignorance.Do your research before you embarrass yourself.
I know Jonathan should have done more, but truth be told, which other president has at least worked on roads, at least revamped agriculture, set the power sector on a road map, created schemes like youwin to benefit youths and create jobs and for your information over 4thousand youths have been blessed by this program alone. Not to talk of our rail lines, airports and other infrastructure including education. Obasanjo did not do it, even the current Buhari who all is hailing as a messiah did not do it when he had the barrel of the Gun to his advantage. He buhari would have laid great foundations for development during his military regime, but what did he do? nothing. Is it now that he has the brains to maneuver democracy and the three tiers of government to bring change overnight after over 50yrs of rot, certainly not. Gods punishment indeed will start from the previous military leaders who senselessly destroyed Nigeria which includes Buhari.
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by listica(m): 11:27am On Jan 01, 2015
calaway:

my brother we everly dey together in our love for the positive development and unity of our great country grin.

CHANGE is what GEJ has promised all Nigerian in his never ending determination to leave Nigeria better than he met it. He promised a continously improving Nigeria which tangible CHANGES in retrogressive old ways including corruption and palpable CHANGES in the evolving new Nigeria where innovation and improvement is the order of the era (TRANSFORMATION AGENDA). this is a promise his is determined to keep no matter the resistance and number of spanner thrown into the national ever grinding wheel of progress by APC.

GEJ TILL 2019 t
cheers

meanwhile in fela's voice Buhari is just and animal in a crazed mans skin (an animal is to not fit to lead even mentally challenged people)ENJOY THE SOUND OF WISDOM FROM THE GREAT ONE AGBAMI EDA. TIME 4.16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEMLFwBxrzI
yes bro,some pple have eyes but they can't see when others are,everybody know that the fools want to bring Jonathan down by using all tactics to get him down but God can't allow such to hapen,even if I have only one strength to vote,I will vote for Jona
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by drey076(m): 11:30am On Jan 01, 2015
Epistle

Cant start dis new year with stories
Aiye o po joor
Tym na money

But sai buhariii

Haters go and hold life wire

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by OLADD: 11:31am On Jan 01, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
the best nigeria president in nigeria has spoken.

long live mr president!
long live nigeria!!
long live nairaland!!!

GEJ TILL 2019

ONE LOVE

PDP = PEACE DRAWS PROGRESS

Happy and Prosperous New Year to you and all those who wish our dear nation well. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan till 2019. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by listica(m): 11:32am On Jan 01, 2015
jude33084:

Why do you think that anybody that challenges GEJ is for Buhari?
are you d one that is going to be the next presdo,if not Jonathan then who next?everybody know that d fight is between the two so keep ya eyes open bro,dont let them fool you by dia born to rule
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by OLADD: 11:33am On Jan 01, 2015
temitemi1:
God bless you mr president!!! You shall give many more of these type of message... GEJ till 2019!!!

God bless you too.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by osebe: 11:35am On Jan 01, 2015
In summary,we are not ignorant of the devices of the enemy.We shall overcome the enemy(terrorists). I want to thank Mr President for giving well meaning Nigerians hope for the future.We are proud of your achievements thus far and we know he can improve on what he has done.Whatever mistake he has made in 2014,there is room for correction in 2015.That's y we are voting for continuity and stability of our nation.#GEJtill2019

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by OLADD: 11:38am On Jan 01, 2015
barcanista:
Honestly, the President should stop insulting our sensibilities. He sits in the comfort of wherever he is to beat his chest when there is nothing on ground to lay credence to the his so-called accomplishment. He should fire whoever tells him "All Correct Sir". Come February 14, we shall all in one accord reject him at the poll

Bros, it's too early now. 1st day of the year and all you can do is lamentation? At least, pray for yourself and our dear country even if you don't like GEJ.
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan's New Year Broadcast Speech Today by Toktee(m): 11:40am On Jan 01, 2015
jamace:
Happy New Year, my President. The Lord is your strength. Continue to be focused.
one of jonathan praise singers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Habib Jega Dies In Auto Crash / Aisha Buhari In Washington DC (VIDEO), Defies Critics / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Musiliu Obanikoro's Plan To Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.