Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:32 AM

Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook (1056 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan New Year Message To Nigerians / Read Gej Message To His Fb Fans!! / Blunder! Fake Campaign Picture Of GEJ's New Federal Universities Exposed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook by itsdumebi(m): 1:35am On Jan 01, 2015
In 2014, Nigeria learnt a very important lesson in the power of unity as the Ebola Virus Disease brought out the best in us which enabled us defeat one of the worst plagues the world has seen. We were moved by the high ideals of patriotism to come together and work as one. If we can do this to the glory of God and to the forward March of our Nation, we can do it again. My dear friends on Facebook, my message to you and to Nigeria is that we must build on that unity in 2015. Nothing and no one should divide us. I urge all Nigerians in the New Year to speak and act only in ways that will grow our unity and build bridges amongst our peoples. We have so much to gain by this. Already, our economy, by our collective efforts, is now the largest economy in Africa and the 26th largest in the world. Working together, we can all build our economy to become among the top largest economies in the world. Our goal is to uplift our people from poverty and place them firmly on the ladder of prosperity. We must consolidate our democracy. We must make the 2015 elections a poll amongst brothers and sisters not foes and opposition. We can only do this by conducting ourselves with decorum whether as candidates or followers. I have said again and again that my ambition to serve you is not worth the spilling of any Nigerian blood. No! We must by our conduct project national ideals of peaceful coexistence for we are one people. Region or religion must not divide us. In 2015 we must continue our ongoing efforts in lifting Nigeria up. At this time our ongoing efforts has seen us build infrastructure that facilitates unity and togetherness. The Lagos-Kano route of our railways have been revived as has the Port Harcourt-Enugu route. Work on the coastal railway from Lagos to Calabar will soon commence and the Lagos-Ibadan high speed rail is now at advance stage of commencement. The Abuja-Kaduna Standard Gauge Railway has now reached completion stage. The Lagos-Ibadan road the busiest in West Africa is near completion too. To reduce the distance between North and South, we have ensured that the Loko-Oweto bridge is fast progressing towards completion even as the River Niger is being dredged up to Baro in Niger state. These are some few examples at the infrastructure level. My dear friends on Facebook, we will work to ensure that we become self sufficient in food production. Already our food import bill has dropped from a whopping 1.1 trillion naira to 624billion naira and still falling. We are working hard to improve on our education by focussing on ACCESS and QUALITY. We must ensure that no Nigerian child is denied access to education. I want you my friends on Facebook to join me in specially thanking our men and women in uniform as well as all the security agencies for their hard work and sacrifices. They continue to work hard even under challenging circumstances. We will continue to support our armed forces and security agencies by retooling and equipping them. I am convinced that Nigeria will make greater gains in the area of security in 2015 and we will do it together. I wish you all a happy and prosperous New Year. God bless you all and may God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. ForwardNigeria. GEJ.

http://itsdumebi.com/president-goodluck-jonathan-address-nigerians-new-years-day/

Re: Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook by IKJ66(m): 1:38am On Jan 01, 2015
OtueKe here he Comes !!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook by doublezero7(m): 1:40am On Jan 01, 2015
Seriously?
Re: Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook by DancingSkeleton(m): 1:41am On Jan 01, 2015
Mtcheeew
Re: Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook by Anthony3850(m): 1:41am On Jan 01, 2015
Summarize it pls, i dont hav time to start reading stories
Re: Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook by superneutral(m): 1:42am On Jan 01, 2015
Re: Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook by obiZEAL(m): 2:00am On Jan 01, 2015
are u sure this is the complete message?
Re: Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook by hardebounty(m): 3:38am On Jan 01, 2015
No accomplishment in 6yrs of of GEJ, all project are either to commence,refurbished (rail) or at advance stage.. Chai! 6years oginni!
Mr gEj shld b tired of replaying the same tape 4Nigerians, pls stop abusing Nigerians sensibility nw.. Biko!!!

2 Likes

Re: Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook by egift(m): 4:56am On Jan 01, 2015
Jonathan has no plan for the future. No new ideas.

Say no to corruption, vote Buhari for Change.

1 Like

Re: Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook by eleojo23: 5:02am On Jan 01, 2015
Happy new year.
Re: Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook by sublimes: 5:26am On Jan 01, 2015
hardebounty:
No accomplishment in 6yrs of of GEJ, all project are either to commence,refurbished (rail) or at advance stage.. Chai! 6years oginni!
Mr gEj shld b tired of replaying the same tape 4Nigerians, pls stop abusing Nigerians sensibility nw.. Biko!!!
which one did obasanjo did for 8yrs? Seriously I can't think of a major project except the fact that he made huge gains in the areas of debt cancellation,improvement on our foreign reserves and development of abuja. When you look at the exstent of decay in our infrastructures presently across the country, you wonder what GEJ's predecessors have been doing and yet we want him to change everything overnight!
Re: Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook by FastShipping: 5:31am On Jan 01, 2015
Jonathan is delusional to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook by FastShipping: 5:34am On Jan 01, 2015
sublimes:
which one did obasanjo did do for 8yrs? Seriously I can't think of a major project except the fact that he made huge gains in the areas of debt cancellation,improvement on our foreign reserves and development of abuja Abuja. When you look at the exstent extent of decay in our infrastructures presently across the country, you wonder what GEJ's predecessors have been doing and yet we want him to change everything overnight!

You tried to say OBJ did nothing but you ended up highlighting some of OBJ's achievements. Now tell us what you think GEJ as achieved in 6 years.

1 Like

Re: Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook by sublimes: 5:55am On Jan 01, 2015
FastShipping:

You tried to say OBJ did nothing but you ended up highlighting some of OBJ's achievements. Now tell us what you think GEJ as achieved in 6 years.
Thanks for the grammatical corrections, it was an oversight. Under GEJ's leadership, we've witnessed massive turnaround in the agricultural sector, the trains are back, the roads are now better. Power has improved, the automobile industry is about to take off. So many numerous achievements I can't outline presently. For 8yrs, Obasanjo couldn't rehabilitate the lagos-ibadan express way and we put the blame now on GEJ, it's so unfair.
Re: Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook by PassingShot(m): 6:07am On Jan 01, 2015
GEJ is holding on to the straws here. Highlighting our success in fighting Ebola as a united nation is a sign of failure in any core sector of the economy. You are largely responsible for our failure as a nation because you are corrupt, incompetent and clueless.

May you lose the next election by God's Grace because Nigeria deserves better than you as a president.
Re: Read Gej's New Year Message To Nigerians On Facebook by hardebounty(m): 8:25am On Jan 01, 2015
So u mean 6years is overnight Where nt even a single refinery cud b constructed, lagos/ibadan road cudnt b constructed and completed but can devalue Naira within 6yearz, redefined corruption?? if u r nt sambo or a militant, I wonder how u r enjoying this govt bro.

sublimes:
which one did obasanjo did for 8yrs? Seriously I can't think of a major project except the fact that he made huge gains in the areas of debt cancellation,improvement on our foreign reserves and development of abuja. When you look at the exstent of decay in our infrastructures presently across the country, you wonder what GEJ's predecessors have been doing and yet we want him to change everything overnight!

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Parliament Wants Jonathan Voted Out In 2015 / #buhariwhatisyournumber / President Buhari’s Face Being Used For PDP Politicians Campaign Posters In North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.