Stats: 3,159,279 members, 7,839,383 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi (27869 Views)

"I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi Lies Again (photos) / "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi / It Is An Error For Someone Above 70 Years To Be In Power – Dino Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by Defcon1(m): 3:21pm On Jan 01, 2015
sufido123:
Peter Obi is correct. Buhari is already senile and this is why he claimed the military board has his certificates. He thinks that we are going to believe his fabricated storyline.

Vote GEJ until Buhari becomes younger! Buhari can't steal my youth and then steal my adult years too.
Age is no guarantee of efficiency...Q(Skyfall)
Youth is no guarantee of innovation...007(Skyfall)

#EnoughSaid.

Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by rhames(m): 3:21pm On Jan 01, 2015
matrixx9:

http://www..com/2015/01/nigeria-should-not-vote-leader-above-70.html

. http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obi-counsels-nigerians-against-voting-for-president-over-70-years/198131/

The age of the leader does noy matter but what he will offer. If Gov peter Obi says we should not vote any leader above 70 years old, have the leaders below 50 or that age as per GEJ and his ilk made the country better? Your age does not matter but what you will offer the people when you get there.
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by backtosender: 3:28pm On Jan 01, 2015
rhames:

The age of the leader does noy matter but what he will offer. If Gov peter Obi says we should not vote any leader above 70 years old, have the leaders below 50 or that age as per GEJ and his ilk made the country better? Your age does not matter but what you will offer the people when you get there.
age matters if not things like pension age will not exist,younger minds are needed in society for improvement
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by jamace(m): 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2015
staunchman:

Point of correction! Peter Obi said progressive countries not the least third world countries U are mentioning their poor leaders. Let me put it clear to U: all APC loyalists are supporting the party either out of sheer sentiment or ignorance in terms of Presidency. How can U open ur God given mouth to mention a despotic and dictatorial leader like Robert Mugabe and fellow African leaders who have over d years dominated their subjects to highest degree of cruelty,animality, barbarism,despotism,ruthlessness, sadism and high-handedness. Am not a political freak or any party's loyalist but am an altruist....filing for greatest good for all! That the President is quiet and runs an all inclusive government gave birth to a collection of e.dogs who go about exhibiting their bad manners, discourtesy, impoliteness, rudeness, and unmannerliness even when they are ill informed! Where were U neophytes when Obasanjo was in charge of this country, or that you kept mute because he had a military prowess! Retrace ur steps! Datz my candid advise for you and your cohorts!
Well said.

Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by rhames(m): 3:35pm On Jan 01, 2015
Tomytomy3:
I find it difficult to believe that educated nigerians can vote an illitrate. Gej all the way.

And the literate one with Ph D has not only disgraced the academic profession but went on to supervise the most non performing and corrupt government Nigeria has ever seen. grin
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by Orikinla(m): 3:36pm On Jan 01, 2015
LRNZH:

[b]You have not objectively assessed GMB to make these conclusions above.

Remember Buhari's regime only lasted from December 31, 1983 – 27 August 27, 1985. Barely two years. Even at that, he stabilized the inflation rate and stamped out misappropriation of funds from the Shagari era.

Apart from being a military president, He was
1. Governor of the then Northeastern State (August 1975 – March 1976), under Gen. Murtala Mohammed;

2.Federal Commisioner (Minister) of Petroleum (March 1976 – July 1978) when the Warri and Kaduna Refineries were built; and

3. PTF Chairman (1993 - 1998). A 1998 report in New African praised the PTF under Buhari for its transparency, calling it a rare "success story".

No portfolio the GEJ had held in history has had a success history close to GMB's performance.

GEJ promised Stable Power in 2011 and Refineries in 2012. Where are they?

Do your research before you decide.
Even in the New Year sermons in churches today, they asked congregants not to vote based on religion but on performance.[/b]

1000 Likes.

[size=18pt]Only ignorant Nigerians don't appreciate GMB.
GEJ and his errand boys enjoy spreading ignorance to mislead and fool the masses.
It is always the political tactic of the corrupt oligarchy of the ruling class to use political conceit and deceit to fool as many Nigerians as possible to keep their greed for power. [/size]
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by rhames(m): 3:43pm On Jan 01, 2015
backtosender:
age matters if not things like pension age will not exist,younger minds are needed in society for improvement

Age comes with experience. But some leaders are to just naturally born to carry out this onerous duty. Not Just in politics but in business as well.
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by Eziachi: 3:51pm On Jan 01, 2015
[quote author=Chigold101 post=29392919] Peter Obi is that man whom OBJ could not handle.
Peter Obi is that man that first changed Nigeria‘s electoral calender.
Peter Obi is that man who OBJ shortchanged by puting Ngige tofavour the Ubas but Obi stood his ground until he recovered the mandategiven to himby Ndi Anambra. OBJ used PDP controlled Anambra house of Assembly to impeach him, he went back to court and reclaimed the mandate the second time.
Peter Obi is the only governor ever in Nigeria‘s history who governed a state for 8years without collecting anyloan. He never issued a state bond. He is the only Governor whom when he was about leaving office told everybody in his state, the banks & account numbers of anambra state acounts foreveryone to valify the claim of leaving billions of naira for his successor.
Peter Obi is that man that man who after governing a state for 8years with many battles against OBJ‘s boys for the first 4years left Anambra state a wealthy state... Thank GOD for Obiano who is really building on the foundations of this great man (whom i never liked) PETER OBI...
3 times OBJ removed him, 3 times he went to court and he won those 3times...
Modified... To Mr Obi...
Mr Peter Obi, Okwute Ndi Igbo... Happy new year
And now he is in bed with the same OBJ and the Ubah clan/PDP that denied him his mandate, impeached and humiliated him?
The same PDP that chased justice Salami under his leadership, the Court of Appeal reinstated him whenever PDP kicks him out.
The one that rigged Obiano into power and months later abandoned him, even before he could collect the keys
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by Eziachi: 3:56pm On Jan 01, 2015
And how old was Ronald Reagan during his second term or that doesn't count? Mr professor of selective memory history.
I do feel sorry for kids that listen or even follow these wicked rogues. They think every single person is an idiot to believe their tripe.

Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by modestdude(m): 4:02pm On Jan 01, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Why then do we also have workers retained on contract past the retirement age too? And professor emeritus, older doctors, etc....
Old Age too can provide guidance, and perspectives gleaned from experience.
Because of their exceptional qualities during service. But in this case, there's nothing exceptional about GMB, only that he killed via coup our nascent democracy that would have blossomed by now. I will always have this at the back of my mind as a true Democrat and i can't adorn him with a garb of democratic system.
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 01, 2015
modestdude:
Because of their exceptional qualities during service. But in this case, there's nothing exceptional about GMB, only that he killed via coup our nascent democracy that would have blossomed by now. I will always have this at the back of my mind as a true Democrat and i can't adorn him with a garb of democratic system.

Not justifying the 1983 coup....but that Second republic makes this one look good by comparison sometimes.

Witness how they wrecked Nigeria Airways for instance.....and how they rigged elections to the point that violence was ever present in 83.
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by 9inches(m): 5:00pm On Jan 01, 2015
Eziachi:
And now he is in bed with the same OBJ and the Ubah clan/PDP that denied him his mandate, impeached and humiliated him?
The same PDP that chased justice Salami under his leadership, the Court of Appeal reinstated him whenever PDP kicks him out.
The one that rigged Obiano into power and months later abandoned him, even before he could collect the keys

It wasn't about PDP, APC or whatever party, they don't matter to him. Peter Obi has said he will do whatever it takes to make sure GEJ wins. For a fact, you can hardly hear him discussing PDP, but he will always tell who cares to listen that Goodluck has the ability to lead our nation to where it should be; and the best way he could ensure that is joining GEJ's party, simple.
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by 9inches(m): 5:02pm On Jan 01, 2015
backtosender:

Gbam!
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by 9inches(m): 5:09pm On Jan 01, 2015
rhames:

Age comes with experience. But some leaders are to just naturally born to carry out this onerous duty. Not Just in politics but in business as well.
What is the essence of retirement age then, or you think the people who originally proposed it are dumb?
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by luvmijeje(f): 5:19pm On Jan 01, 2015
He called on Nigerians to elect President Jonathan who he said has what it takes to take the country to the next level in its development.

Who the heck is Obi? I hope is not that tribal and religious bigot and an ex-governor of Anambra state. Oh! So he will one day be in a position to ask and canvas for favour from Nigerians. I thought he will not leave his state.

Anyway his message is dead on arrival. #Sai Buhari 2015
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by rhames(m): 5:45pm On Jan 01, 2015
9inches:

What is the essence of retirement age then, or you think the people who originally proposed it are dumb?

Do people actually retire these days? In leadership context, age does not matter except what you have to offer.
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by 9inches(m): 6:05pm On Jan 01, 2015
rhames:

Do people actually retire these days? In leadership context, age does not matter except what you have to offer.

This is service to a nation we are talking about, right.. You are telling me people should die in it? My dear when you are 70 you are assumed to be fragile at least in our own clime. The leadership position in this context requires much of both mental and physical strength.
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by rhames(m): 6:19pm On Jan 01, 2015
9inches:

This is service to a nation we are talking about, right.. You are telling me people should die in it? My dear when you are 70 you are assumed to be fragile at least in our own clime. The leadership position in this context requires much of both mental and physical strength.

If been 70 years of age is useless or fragile or whatever you describe it, why did GEJ pay countless visits to IBB and OBJ? grin
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by Eziachi: 6:21pm On Jan 01, 2015
9inches:

Do you practice your theory of locking up old folks in your own family or your town?
Instead of focusing on the issue that affect people, but no, if it's not about being a jihadist, it's baboons and blood or the colour of someone's pubic hair.
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by 9inches(m): 6:26pm On Jan 01, 2015
rhames:

If been 70 years of age is useless or fragile or whatever you describe it, why did GEJ pay countless visits to IBB and OBJ? grin
Did your brain interpret "fragile" in this context as being brain dead? Haven't you seen someone giving out advise from a sick bed?

Eziachi:
Do you practice your theory of locking up old folks in your own family or your town?
Instead of focusing on the issue that affect people, but no, if it's not about being a jihadist, it's baboons and blood or the colour of someone's pubic hair.
I never insinuated any of the above. Do you always have this problem of misinterpretation?
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by judondasylva(m): 6:27pm On Jan 01, 2015
Eziachi:
And how old was Ronald Reagan during his second term or that doesn't count? Mr professor of selective memory history.
I do feel sorry for kids that listen or even follow these wicked rogues. They think every single person is an idiot to believe their tripe.
you are the one that lack the knowledge of history bcus peter obi is right buhari is old and not only that but he has nothing good to offer nigeria than sharia law and killing.those that want him to rule this country are the enemies of this nation and my God almighty will fight them. GEJ is a good president just that ur so called GMB incited his trained fundamentalist to start distabilize GEJ rule with boko haram

Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by Lurcky(m): 6:28pm On Jan 01, 2015
cocoduck:
You don't know this man called Peter OBI, if all nigerian states had governors half like him,Nigeria would have been a different country, I am an Anambraian, from Nnewi south, my state used to be the worst state in the FEDERATION, until he came to power and reformed the system of things in the state, he laid the foundation of development on which the current governor is building. The state has CHANGED a lot thanks to P.OBI

dont mind dat senseless being

Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by Eziachi: 6:30pm On Jan 01, 2015
9inches:

It wasn't about PDP, APC or whatever party, they don't matter to him. Peter Obi has said he will do whatever it takes to make sure GEJ wins. For a fact, you can hardly hear him discussing PDP, but he will always tell who cares to listen that Goodluck has the ability to lead our nation to where it should be; and the best way he could ensure that is joining GEJ's party, simple.
Not the same vote GEJ not PDP again?
Candidates are products of the party that produces them as long as, there no option of independent candidate.
Tell me how many local government GEJ can win without PDP? Then you can come with your theory?
Let see what Obi will say if GEJ is not in power or Obi himself was to be denied access to Aso Rocks. Obi is like a hooker who claims to love her client.
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by Eziachi: 6:32pm On Jan 01, 2015
judondasylva:
you are the one that lack the knowledge of history bcus peter obi is right buhari is old and not only that but he has nothing good to offer nigeria than sharia law and killing.those that want him to rule this country are the enemies of this nation and my God almighty will fight them. GEJ is a good president just that ur so called GMB incited his trained fundamentalist to start distabilize GEJ rule with boko haram
Why didn't baby Obi run the presidency himself with APGA rather than joining the gravy train?
And God doesn't belong to you and neither can you speak for God.
We knew how your God dealt with Absalom when he felt that David was too old and should make way for him.
Queen Elizabeth is still on the throne when her son and grandchildren could have pushed her off the throne. And how old is the governor of Ebonyi? No one has kicked him into the lunatic asylum.

If GEJ is a good leader according, who is his opponent s age your main concern, rather than focusing on what makes him leader.
There are nine other young presidential Candidates. It's not a two horse race.
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by cikranco: 6:38pm On Jan 01, 2015
Is nt bad for someone to voice his or her opinion especially protecting were his pocket lies
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by 9inches(m): 6:47pm On Jan 01, 2015
Eziachi:
Not the same vote GEJ not PDP again?
Candidates are products of the party that produces them as long as, there no option of independent candidate.
Tell me how many local government GEJ can win without PDP? Then you can come with your theory?
Let see what Obi will say if GEJ is not in power or Obi himself was to be denied access to Aso Rocks. Obi is like a hooker who claims to love her client.

A lot of people like me vote because of the candidate and not the party. If GEJ cross-carpets to APC today, many people like me will still vote him. Obi was somebody before GEJ became president and he never depended on GEJ for anything personal. Rather, it is GEJ that needs him judging by his personality and achievements in Anambra state. Obi is a great asset to the presidency having held a position in the economic team even while still serving as a governor.. What does that tell you about his quality? Obi had to be begged by Okonjo, GEJ, Wike and co to come and contribute at the centre.
Obi is one of our credible public figures who still has integrity even after holding a public office for 8years. He was about retiring from politics for good before being sought after by the presidency.

Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by Eziachi: 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2015
9inches:

A lot of people like me vote because of the candidate and not the party. If GEJ cross-carpets to APC today, many people like me will still vote him. Obi was somebody before GEJ became president and he never depended on GEJ for anything personal. Rather, it is GEJ that needs him judging by his personality and achievements in Anambra state. Obi is a great asset to the presidency having held a position in the economic team even while still serving as a governor.. What does that tell you about his quality? Obi had to be begged by Okonjo, GEJ, Wike and co to come and contribute at the centre.
Who did you voted for in 2003?
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by rhames(m): 6:56pm On Jan 01, 2015
9inches:

Did your brain interpret "fragile" in this context as being brain dead? Haven't you seen someone giving out advise from a sick bed?

[s][/s]
I never insinuated any of the above. Do you always have this problem of misinterpretation?

Did my brain eh? Uhmm. Well may be the next comment might be an insult. I still maintain that age does not matter when it comes to leadership and what you have to offer people matters a lot. Take a trip down memory lane in support of my argument.

No Chinese leader since Deng Xioping was below 70 years of age when they assumed office. In fact Jiang Ze Min was in his 80's when he assumed the leadership of China and the Chinese economy not only grew but became an export oriented economy and the second largest economy in the world.
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by 9inches(m): 7:02pm On Jan 01, 2015
Eziachi:
If GEJ is a good leader according, who is his opponent s age your main concern, rather than focusing on what makes him leader.
There are nine other young presidential Candidates. It's not a two horse race.
Age should be a concern incase you do not know. Obi does not talk anyhow like your average Nigerian politician; I am sure you read where he gave Buhari credits regardless.. Who does that? It shows the value he places on orderliness and rule of law in a sane society.
Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by Coolcash1: 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2015
JudismphD:
Apc e-dogs, buhari rule una papa, he still wan rule una. That's slave mentality. No amount of this will stop jonathan from winning. I can't wait to see grandpa of 72 years weep like a bush baby come Feb. Buhari is a serial failure destined by God to fail for the thousands of innocent blood on his head. His being alive today is to go through humiliation. In a free contest, buhari cannot win Me,Yes! Yes buhari can't win. Any politician will secure his first political victory having buhari as opponent. Is that bad!, he will only try just as failures shouting he had 12 million votes with CPC because all forces are against him.

Rubbish...You will come back and rejoice with us when GMB wins.

GMB for Asorock 2015

Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by Chigold101(m): 7:04pm On Jan 01, 2015
[quote author=Eziachi post=29396013][/quote] lolzzz
Point of order sir...
OBJ & Peter Obi are notin the same camp in PDP... OBJ is in APC at heart...
PDP worked for Obi in 2010 and also worked for Obiano in 2013...

Riging OBIANO to power... U r funny sha... Obiano wasnot riged into powerin Anambra state. Ndi Anambra voted for him because we are now wiser.

His campaign promises are 4Cs... Which are as follows:
1: Continue (Project left by Obi)
2: Complete (Project left by Obi)
3: Commission the projects &
4: Commence new projects...

Ndi Anambra couldnt take the risk of voting in someone who will come and stop ongoing projects because there is no community out ofthe 177communities in the state without one or two projects going on...

Re: Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi by Coolcash1: 7:04pm On Jan 01, 2015
sufido123:
Peter Obi is correct. Buhari is already senile and this is why he claimed the military board has his certificates. He thinks that we are going to believe his fabricated storyline.

Vote GEJ until Buhari becomes younger! Buhari can't steal my youth and then steal my adult years too.

Drunkard statement from a drunkard follower of a drunkard president.

GMB for Aso rock 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries / El-Rufai Holds Dinner With Old Mates From Harvard, Others In Ethiopia / Kano Rerun: APC Stakeholders Meet In Nasarawa LGA, Strategize How To Win

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70