Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

#Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread (2895 Views)

Reno Omokri Congratulates Nnamdi Kanu, Blasts Joe Igbokwe And Buhari / Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me / Don’t Order My Sack, Mbu Begs Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

#Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 7:57pm On Jan 01, 2015
Now that Igbos have openly endorsed the PDP candidate, Jimi Agbaje, with the hope of getting more political appointments if he wins, is there still any reason to have an ibo man as Lagos APC spokesman especially as he is not loyal to us?

Can't we now see clearly that ibos are and always will be greedy ingrates?

This the Joe Igbokwe palmwine-inspired press statement he issued from Nnewi during the yuletide which made me create a thread calling for his sack and which was moved to the ethnic section:

The Lagos chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has advised Ndigbo in Lagos to be cautious, tactful and honest in dealing with their host communities anywhere in Nigeria in the interest of peace and harmony.

In a statement signed by the Lagos State APC Publicity Secretary, Mr. Joe Igbokwe, in Nnewi, Anambra State, the party said it is reacting to the claims by Ndigbo Cultural Society of Nigeria led by Chief Udo Udeogaranya that Ndigbo in Lagos are being marginalised in the politics of Lagos State.

Igbokwe said contrary to the claims of Ndigbo Cultural Society of Nigeria (NCSN), Ndigbo are getting their fair share in Lagos State as Igbo can be found everywhere in Lagos.

According to Igbokwe, “Ndigbo controls commerce in Lagos from Ladipo market to Tejuosho, from Oshodi to Alaba International, from the Trade Fair Complex to Odunade market, from Idumota to Balogun just to mention a few.

“Ndigbo are in real estate, big time, they are in hospitality business, transport and building construction. Ndigbo import more than 60 percent of all goods in Lagos on a conservative estimate.

“In politics, Igbos are also being represented at all levels of government from the wards to the local government and at the state level.

“Ben Akabueze has been the Commissioner for Budget and Planning for nearly 10 years and the weight of that office is well known to those who should know better. Joe Igbokwe sits as the General Manger LASIMRA, Head UFRU and APC Publicity Secretary Lagos and these are strategic offices and six Igbos are fully employed at LASIMRA.

“Justice Sybil Nwaka, an Igbo ,is in the Lagos judiciary, there was the late Mrs. Ngozi Mofuanya, a Director of Public Prosecution (DPP), there are also Igbo lawyers who are thoroughly enjoying themselves in the Ministry of Justice in Lagos. There is also countless number of Ndigbo in top positions in the Lagos State Ministries, especially in the Ministry of Education. Many Igbos are also working in the Local Governments across the metropolis.

“Ngozi Nwosu from Imo State got a life line of N6 million for an overseas surgery. Mrs. Mary Igbokwe got N5 million and a flat as compensation for her late husband who died in a scuffle with LASTMA officers in Lagos.
Mrs Chima Ubani got cash and a flat at Marwa Garden Lagos when her husband Mr. Chima Ubani died in a motor accident near Abuja. First Consultants Hospital owned by an Igbo got N50 million as compensation for equipment destroyed after fighting Ebola in that hospital and consequently stopped spread of the deadly disease.

“Time and space will not permit us to say all we know about Ndigbo in Lagos. Igbos have made great fortunes in Lagos simply because a very conducive atmosphere has been provided for these huge and monumental investments to thrive and we expect Ndigbo to show some understanding.”

The Lagos APC therefore appealed to Ndigbo in Lagos to work with their host communities in Lagos for peaceful co-existence and harmonious relationship.

According to Igbokwe, “Our property in Lagos were not said to be abandoned after the civil war. They were returned to us by the Yoruba after the war.

“Yoruba has been fair to Ndigbo and they need to reciprocate by seeking dialogue anytime there is problem instead of wars on the print and electronic media.

“Eighty percent of rich Ndigbo in Nigeria today made their wealth in Lagos. Lagos APC still insists that there are rooms for improvement and we advise Ndigbo to always seek audience with the authorities in their host communities for better understanding and cordial relationship. It is supposed to be a symbiotic relationship.”

http://thewillnigeria.com/news/alleged-marginalisation-seek-dialogue-and-understanding-lagos-apc-tells-ndigbo/

Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by Raiders: 8:15pm On Jan 01, 2015
VirginFinder:
Why? Why? Why?
We are in a political season and trying to separate tribalism and religion from politics is like trying to split an atom - once thought to be indivisible.

Na wa o!
it was moved because you are a m00ron!!!! All you talk about is tribalism. Thank God most Nigerians don't think like a bigot just like you. You need to get a life

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 01, 2015
OP why are you callling for the sack of Joe Igbokwe?
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 8:27pm On Jan 01, 2015
Raiders:
it was moved because you are a m00ron!!!! All you talk about is tribalism. Thank God most Nigerians don't think like a bigot just like you. You need to get a life

And I dont even know you.

Did you read my post at all?

4 Likes

Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 8:33pm On Jan 01, 2015
barcanista:
OP why are you callling for the sack of Joe Igbokwe?

You need to see the palmwine-inspired press statement this man issued from Nnewi in response to the allegation of political marginalisation of Lagos ibos levelled against Lagos APC and LASG by a group of ibos.
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 01, 2015
VirginFinder:

And I dont even know you.

Did you read my post at all?
Accept that u are a big slowpoke, Raiders does not need to read your ethnocentric post or know you

6 Likes

Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 8:53pm On Jan 01, 2015
JudismphD:
Accept that u are a big slowpoke, Raiders does not need to read your ethnocentric post or know you

Did you just say something?

5 Likes

Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by petrov10: 9:57pm On Jan 01, 2015
Mod bring that thread back now !!
Let's finish this joe ****kwe

grin
That thread sweet o

2 Likes

Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by Ojiofor: 11:23pm On Jan 01, 2015
Go to tinubu house and protest abi na for nairaland u wan sack joe igbokwe??

1 Like

Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 9:52am On Jan 02, 2015
Ojiofor:
Go to tinubu house and protest abi na for nairaland u wan sack joe igbokwe??

All join!

I want to raise awareness here first and muster huge support.
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 7:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
Happy Sunday.
Still waiting for answers to my question.
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 10:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
Sweet dreams
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 8:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
Abeg, bring back that important thread na?

Is anyone scared?
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by Oklander: 9:44pm On Jan 10, 2015
check the trash section.
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by meforyou1(m): 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
Naira land mods are practicing censorship. Bring the post back
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 6:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
meforyou1:
Naira land mods are practicing censorship. Bring the post back

ibo mods have taken over the politics section.
I'm sure it was an ibo mod that the thread to the ethnic section where it wont get the much needed attention.
So unfair!
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by NPComplete: 7:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
And this OP is the same mugu that was forming too holy in the religious section. Foolish Christians everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
NPComplete:
And this OP is the same mugu that was forming too holy in the religious section. Foolish Christians everywhere.

You are a dullard!
What is unchristian about my posts?
Fyi, the Bible endorses tribalism.
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 9:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 9:02pm On Jan 15, 2015
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 9:23pm On Jan 16, 2015
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by CyberWolf: 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
Because you are a clown and an idiooot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 9:39am On Jan 17, 2015
CyberWolf:
Because you are a clown and an idiooot

You are a dullard!
You didn't have to respond.
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 9:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by Kenai: 10:06pm On Jan 17, 2015
Yes! Sack Joe Igbokwe, the omo Ibo!
APC is a party of Omoluabis, the Yorubas, and we DON'T want Ibo people or their votes!
They should go back to their villages!

Sai Buhari!

2 Likes

Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by semitunde: 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
So this is the new reverse psychology being played out now. Stoke tribalism and target someone who seems to play the role of an oppostion but from same tribe....I'm getting you guys more now.

Obiagelli, berem you guys should be watchful. They are coming for you soonest. Handles will be made representing Yorubas and you'll be told you're not needed in APC or yorubaland.

See caution and apply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 8:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
semitunde:
So this is the new reverse psychology being played out now. Stoke tribalism and target someone who seems to play the role of an oppostion but from same tribe....I'm getting you guys more now.

Obiagelli, berem you guys should be watchful. They are coming for you soonest. Handles will be made representing Yorubas and you'll be told you're not needed in APC or yorubaland.

See caution and apply.

Nonsense!

Mr. Tunde, you are NOT bright.

The persons you mentioned have no doubts whatsoever about me being Yoruba. They know my grievances and the point I'm driving at.

I am not one of those who say ibos should return to their villages. Never!
There are ibos almost everywhere in the world and no one has asked them to leave in those places despite the allegation of them doing illicit businesses in some of these places. How then can we ask them leave a place where they are bonafide citizens.

For the sake of emphasis, my point has been that ibos should stay off our politics and desist from making demands for elective positions.
Lagos/SW APC and local politics should be for Yorubas while Anambra/SE APC and politics should be for ibos. ibos should have NO business whatsoever with Lagos APC and local politics.
The nairalanders you mentioned are proud members/supporters of the National APC. One of them, however, is gunning for Jimi Agbaje as Lagos governor like nearly all of her kinsmen are doing. This goes to show that you can't separate ethnicity/tribalism from local politics. It is indirectly ingrained in our comstitution and daily life.
ibos and other non-Yorubas in Lagos should be contented with doing their business and leading their normal lives. chikena.

Joe Igbokwe was invited by Tinubu to 'come and eat'. He gets to the dining table and decides to 'hold the hands' of his hosts and bring in more of his kinsmen to come and join in the meal to the detriment of his hosts.
This is a classic display of greed, ingratitude, selfishness and callousness characteristic of ibos everywhere.
You need to see the palmwine-inspired press statement Joe Igbokwe issued from his village Nnewi. Rather than call his kinsmen to order, he subtly joined them in making demands despite the magnanimity we have extended to ibos in Lagos so far.
The ingrate needs to be booted out and/or told to shut up.

kenai is a troll and should be ignored. He has political cum personal issues with one of those you mentioned. They are from the same state but support different parties.

So, Mr Tunde, dont jump into hasty conclusions next time. Learn to be more observant.

Cheers.
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by Adegbodolu1: 2:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
VirginFinder:

Hi Bros

Could you please post a link to that omo-igbo IGBO-KWE's palm wine inspired arrant nonsense.

Thank Omo-Odua
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by Ojiofor: 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
Op no vez...I wan no weda una don sack joe igbokwe already if not abeg make una hurry up..no time.
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 3:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
Adegbodolu1:

Hi Bros

Could you please post a link to that omo-igbo IGBO-KWE's palm wine inspired arrant nonsense.

Thank Omo-Odua

You are welcome.

https://www.nairaland.com/2067144/alleged-marginalization-lagos-apc-tells
Re: #Bring Back My 'Sack Joe Igbokwe' Thread by VirginFinder: 8:48pm On Jan 19, 2015
Ojiofor:
Op no vez...I wan no weda una don sack joe igbokwe already if not abeg make una hurry up..no time.

It's on the way.
But why did your brothers move the thread?
Why should they be scared?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Family Vs Buhari Family – Who Rocks? :D / Buhari Is The Next President And Jonathan Is aware Of That – Obasanjo / Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.