Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East (18339 Views)

10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion / 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. / Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by DaGC(m): 8:00am On Jan 02, 2015
pafra:
Even in d south south the man did nothing what did you expect him to do in the south east.
He is only good at empowering militants.

South east dreaming that gej will hand over power to them now that is clear that power is going to d north they're waking up from slumber.

Is it today you notice he did nothing in the south east

The GEJ admistration built a federal university(FUPRE), a NIMASA dockyard and shipyard, a marine school (I think its the 1st of its kind in Africa sef, not sure) etc just in Delta state. Even planning an EPZ that's not been achieved because of communal ish. This na just Dela state o abi Delta state no be south south?

Don't speak of what you don't know especially on public forums.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by DickDastardly(m): 8:02am On Jan 02, 2015
All i see is "ibo this ibo that" and we have moderators on this forum. Seun please remove this tribal eyesore from homepage or sieve thread to level civil people can read it. Touts on the loose.
Lalasticala, Obinoscopy and co. Over to you
#spits yellowish green sputum on thread cool

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by hadizadeezy(f): 8:02am On Jan 02, 2015
They just woke up!
But its too late for them, they've already applied sentiments on anything political in this country without thinking GEJ is neva part of them and will never be part of them
Mtchewww! Why are they even complaining? Afterall GEJ did not and will not favour any region not even his own.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Khd95(m): 8:02am On Jan 02, 2015
If jona had been a japanese or taiwanese he would ve commited suic.... undecided

D guys has alot goin on in his mind

2 handle a nation like naija u ve got 2 b jupiter or zeus cool

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by naijaspeak(m): 8:04am On Jan 02, 2015
What is the states and local governement doing with all the huge allocations they receive? It is wrong for Nigerians to be looking up to the federal government as money for their development has been allocated to the states and the local government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by ofala(m): 8:08am On Jan 02, 2015
Abi ooo.....tell them my brother....lolz...

kokoA:
This people are so ungrateful! What else do they want from GEJ? He has adopted "Azikiwe" as his second name, he gave Ojukwu state burial, he made and igbo son, Peter Obi (Okute ndi'igbo) the deputy director (south) of his campaign team and he is christian.. Haba! The man has tried naw ahn ahn.. Igbos please vote for him o, he will do more.

on a serious note, I pity people like Mayor or whatever he calls himself. If you want to kill yourself for a region whose average person is better than you in any ramifications..

go ahead but bear in mind that few desperate guys can't rent a Hall in a Hotel and claim to be speaking for IBO.

Maybe I am not an IBO man

#GMB2015

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Marvin67: 8:10am On Jan 02, 2015
kenonze:
one voice?
I doubt .

my take is that the igbos should not vote anyone comes this general election. They should concentrate in electing governors, senators and reps members with good intent of developing the east.
they are not gonna get any meaningful thing from either GEJ or GMB even though GMB may effect a better atmosphere in Nig as a whole than GEJ.
my point may sound crazy and usuless but that's just the truth.

all these senseless politicians dey taya me sef.
igbos shouldnt be angry that GEJ has done nothing in their region.
here in ogbia bayelsa state ...GEJ own LGA has no light since february 2014. call anyone and ask, no access road, everyone here is struggling yet the first oil well in Nig is located in this Ogbia (Oloibiri)

He's the president of Nigeria not the president of Ogbia. Most of Nigeria's past president and rulers have been from the north, but the north still remains the least under developed zone in Nigeria.

What of the federal university GEJ built in Otueke (which is in its second year of admitting students), and the newly built Federal Medical Centre there( that doctors have already been employed to start work)? Aren't they FG projects?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 02, 2015
U can't give what u don't have! besides, repeating same process & expecting a different result is sheer insanity!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Alman: 8:12am On Jan 02, 2015
As good and enterprising d Igbos are they are not always futuristic in their approach to politics. They have no national leader, just fighting one another. The bargaining power they ve were not judiciously utilized. By now, Igbos migration to other zones in d country should ve reduced drastically. My encounter wit some secondary students in anaambra was so shocking. These guys were hell bent to go to Lagos at expense of their studies and believed Lagos was a paradise. Gej played on their intelligence thru advice he got from some of their ndigbo bros (as he suddenly became azikiwe). He is using same now. D famous ABA market she be an international arena is highly deplorable and unsightly. Igbo ppl talk to urself Ur zone deserve more. D shirt I ( cut and sow)bought in ABA last time for atoken is comparable to expensive imported one I bought in Lagos. Igbo stop eating Ur future and batgain well.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 02, 2015
tbaba1234:

What price?? This will be Jonathan's second term. No one can touch him if he wins.

Well yes....but if PDP wants to win Igbo land in future.(AFTER 2019)..they better put pressure on Jonathan to do something.
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by PAINGAIN: 8:17am On Jan 02, 2015
GEJ has really disappointed d igbo nation. No 2nd niger bridge,no railway,all d federal roads r still death traps but we must for him o,we have no other option. Buhari can never do anything for d east, infact no other president from southwest or north will do anything for igboland period. We can only hope jona does things in d south before 2019. Make una leave ndigbo alone jare, since 1970 when d war ended wetin all those northern and south west presidents do for d igbos. Make una leave us jare.
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by poseidon12: 8:18am On Jan 02, 2015
kenonze:

if u must abuse someone, fine but dont abuse a tribe or region.
I know in reality u are a good man that shows respect for elders. many read whatever u post/ comments and rate u on that. u dont allow social network to turn u into something u are not ok. I would urge u to withdraw ur statement because its inflammatory!

Don't mind the fool.

Don't mind the idiot.
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by BabaO2: 8:20am On Jan 02, 2015
Na lie. Gimmick. He kukuma give dem all the ministerial posts maybe they will be satisfied.
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by ollyruffy: 8:23am On Jan 02, 2015
We should see beyond tribal and religious differences and vote the vampires out of the offices. SE needs to join other parts of the country and vote for a change.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by LRNZH(m): 8:23am On Jan 02, 2015
DaGC:

The GEJ admistration built a federal university(FUPRE), a NIMASA dockyard and shipyard, a marine school (I think its the 1st of its kind in Africa sef, not sure) etc just in Delta state. Even planning an EPZ that's not been achieved because of communal ish. This na just Dela state o abi Delta state no be south south?

Did you read the comment you were replying to?

The person said South East abeg.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by efilefun(m): 8:24am On Jan 02, 2015
kokoA:
This people are so ungrateful! What else do they want from GEJ? He has adopted "Azikiwe" as his second name, he gave Ojukwu state burial, he made and igbo son, Peter Obi (Okute ndi'igbo) the deputy director (south) of his campaign team and he is christian.. Haba! The man has tried naw ahn ahn.. Igbos please vote for him o, he will do more.

So all this one u mentioned here na achievements? sometimes I wonder why we Nigerians are so blind to.see the truth. spent 3 months in india for a professional course and I never felt like coming back to this damn country, light always, very cheap internet that making calls thru ur handset becomes so unnecessary, free WiFi almost everywhere, road network superb just name it and you can never compare their population with that of naija so what the F has jona done. abeg try comot naija and u will never stop hauling thick swears on your Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Hilaskee(m): 8:25am On Jan 02, 2015
obyrich:
I don't think you are right on this. We are not more tribalistic than the rest tribes in Nigeria. GEJ is not an lgbo man. He will fail in Igbo land, especially, Abia State where he failed to perform.
Ochendu his boy is working in Abia State. Abia is now like Asia....Lolzzzzz....

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by meccuno: 8:25am On Jan 02, 2015
Yoruba dude posts an article related to igbos not voting for GEJ just to whip up sentiments......some other dudes call the igbos tribalistic when their tribalism started since 1960.......igbo this igbo that....I guess the best way to extend your page to 20 pages is to use the keyword "Igbo" and watch your thread grow.......trying to convince a group of people whose mind has been made up as an act in futility.....you expect them to vote for a group of people who rejoiced when some people were deported!? Or a group of people who kill @ the slightest provocation? Please free them....after all,after all the gang up they still survived without government support and would still do so after GEJ has left.....

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by InvertedHammer: 8:26am On Jan 02, 2015
/
I am from Anambra state.

But I must painfully admit that as far as politics in Nigeria is concerned, Igbo people (not excluding myself) are myopic, ignorant and stupi.d.

It is "extremely" difficult to take them seriously.

\

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 02, 2015
Those Igbo groups mentioned only exist on the internet, they do not even exist in reality. Even the names mentioned are a conjecture of the OP. The OP is as smart as Buhari who scored F9 in every Dane-gun shooting lessons at war college.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by poseidon12: 8:30am On Jan 02, 2015
obayaya:

Igbos are tribalistic? Really?

A region that is bent on voting a man isn't from their region, who hasn't done much for their region as you said. But are willing to vote him regardless because they see the good in him.

Can you say that about the Yorubas and North?

You really need to shut up sweetheart. GMB couldn't save your father in the 80s, How exactly is he gonna save you in 2015?

You are entitled to your opinions, but please leave Igbos out of it... Rubbish

Don't mind the morons. Objectivity and critical thinking are scarce commodities in Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 02, 2015
Mortiple:
They have valid points though. Apologists of GEJ should give us straightforward answer. This is the kind of negotiation and bargaining Ndigbo should engage in and stop playing politics of sentiment.

Next up Ijaw Nation should openly declare their resolve to reciprocate this gesture of supporting their son should it get to the turn of Igbos. Once beaten, twice shy, as the saying goes.

However, I don't believe GMB is an option for Ndigbo. Tufiakwa!!!

Speak for yourself bro, i support Buhari and also millions of other Igbos too

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by donshaddow(m): 8:33am On Jan 02, 2015
LRNZH:
How come they're posting train fares from Port Harcourt to Enugu if the refurbished trains didn't get to the South East?
undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry

LRNZH, av been following ur threads for a while now... You dey always castigate about railways... LOL... Hope all is well sha...

But you are right though...

Its good to create awareness about what the government has done so far and what they refuse to do...

Half baked development is no development.. That's my angle of seeing things.

Have a good year.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 02, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
I am from Anambra state.

But I must painfully admit that as far as politics in Nigeria is concerned, Igbo people (not excluding myself) are myopic, ignorant and stupi.d.

\

Dude speak for yourself, i am also from Anambra and sorry to say its you who are myopic, ignorant and stupidd, because i know for a fact that all these groups are only figments of the posters imagination,
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Chrisabig(m): 8:33am On Jan 02, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Ohanaeze has mortgaged Igboland to the Jonathan 2015 reelection.....no turning back, no buyer's remorse, no second thoughts, no threats and ultimatums, the window of oppurtunity to negotiate is closed,....this is not 7am, this is 10pm and the T-Time is 12midnight!

We have 43days lefts to cast vote. What can Jonathan do for you at this hour?? Nothing! You have bought him and promised on your land to return him to power....why the remorse now? If this is not a scheme to betray what else can it be?

In fact, beside Jonathan who else can you support....has Buhari done anything for SE? No!! You have a best bet voting for an APGA presidential candidate if Jona is no longer your son, and Im not even sure APGA has a presidential candidate. If they do he is unknown!

Shyyte....its new year and I want to focus on Yoruba regionalism. Dont get me to start talking about Ibo this year. I dont have time for you this year.

Is this how stupid you are, don't make this year a difficult for you by talking nonsense , oloriburuku oshi
Bloody cowards!! angry
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 02, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
I am from Anambra state.

\

Dude speak for yourself, i am also from Anambra and sorry to say its you who are myopic, ignorant and stupidd, because i know for a fact that all these groups are only figments of the posters imagination, Igbos will vote Buhari enmasse COME ELECTION DAY,because every Igbo, man, woman and child knows that GEJ IS A USELESS TOOTPICK

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Isiterere(m): 8:35am On Jan 02, 2015
see finishing! grin

Gej will finished the 2nd Niger bridge before May 29th.

ALL IZZ WELL
kenonze:
one voice?
I doubt .

my take is that the igbos should not vote anyone comes this general election. They should concentrate in electing governors, senators and reps members with good intent of developing the east.
they are not gonna get any meaningful thing from either GEJ or GMB even though GMB may effect a better atmosphere in Nig as a whole than GEJ.
my point may sound crazy and usuless but that's just the truth.

all these senseless politicians dey taya me sef.
igbos shouldnt be angry that GEJ has done nothing in their region.
here in ogbia bayelsa state ...GEJ own LGA has no light since february 2014. call anyone and ask, no access road, everyone here is struggling yet the first oil well in Nig is located in this Ogbia (Oloibiri)

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Flye: 8:36am On Jan 02, 2015
obyrich:
I don't think you are right on this. We are not more tribalistic than the rest tribes in Nigeria. GEJ is not an lgbo man. He will fail in Igbo land, especially, Abia State where he failed to perform.
I hail your point, I'm not Igbo but all the tribes in Nigeria dance to the tune of tribalism and it is our useless leaders that fuel that. To common man on the street nothing like tribalism or religion but when our useless leaders from across all ethnic divides want to eat their cake and have it, they sing tribalistic game and religions sentint while we dance to it.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by anigbajumo(m): 8:37am On Jan 02, 2015
kokoA:
u mean it or vicevresa,
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Demdem(m): 8:37am On Jan 02, 2015
DickDastardly:
All i see is "ibo this ibo that" and we have moderators on this forum. Seun please remove this tribal eyesore from homepage or sieve thread to level civil people can read it. Touts on the loose.
Lalasticala, Obinoscopy and co. Over to you
#spits yellowish green sputum on thread cool

The thread is about the opinions of ibo coalitions so it's not unexpected for u to see "ibo this ibo that" from discussants.
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by donshaddow(m): 8:38am On Jan 02, 2015
DaGC:

Though you made ur point... But you're speaking as if he did us a favour..

He didn't do it, government did it.

So let's not praise to bastards cos they are performing below expectations...

Assuming you have an investment of $50billion and you have a manager over it, what do you expect from such huge investment?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by meccuno: 8:39am On Jan 02, 2015
http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=868:yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi&catid=57:sanusi-lamido-sanusi

Yorubas are the Problem with Nigeria - By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
Written by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
Wednesday, 27 May 2009 05:01

By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the Prosective Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria
In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.

i. The Yoruba elite and area-boy politics;
ii. Igbo marginalisation and the responsible limits of retribution; and
iii. The Yoruba Factor and "Area-boy" Politics.

See also The Adulteress' Diary by Lamido Sanusi

My views on the Yoruba political leadership have been thoroughly articulated in some of my writings, prime among which was " Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. There was also an earlier publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History" (Aug. 21, 1998).

In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.

The Yoruba elite were the first, in 1962, to attempt a violent overthrow of an elected government in this country. In 1966, it was the violence in the West which provided an avenue for the putsch of 15th January. After Chief Awolowo lost to Shagari in 1983 elections, it was the discontent and bad publicity in the South-West which led to the Buhari intervention. When Buhari jailed UPN governors like Ige and Onabanjo, the South-Western press castigated that good government and provided the right mood for IBB to take over power. As soon as IBB cleared UPN governors of charges against them in a politically motivated retrial, he became the darling of the South-West. When IBB annulled the primaries in which Adamu Ciroma and Shehu Yar Adua emerged as presidential candidates in the NRC and SDP, he was hailed by the South-West. When the same man annulled the June 12, 1993 elections in which Abiola was the front-runner, the South-West now became defenders of democracy.

When it seemed Sani Abacha was sympathetic to Abiola, the South-West supported his take-over. He was in fact invited by a prominent NADECO member to take over in a published letter shortly before the event. Even though Abiola had won the elections in the North, the North was blamed for its annulment. When Abdulsalam Abubakar started his transition, the Yoruba political leadership through NADECO presented a memorandum on a Government of National Unity that showed complete disrespect for the intelligence and liberties of other Nigerians.

Subsequently, they formed a tribal party which failed to meet minimum requirements for registration, but was registered all the same to avoid the violence that was bound to follow non-registration, given the area-boy mentality of South-West politicians. Having rejected an Obasanjo candidacy and challenged the election as a fraud in court, we now find a leading member of the AD in the government, a daughter of an Afenifere leader as Minister of State, and Awolowo´s daughter as Ambassador, all appointed by a man who won the election through fraud.

Meanwhile, nothing has been negotiated for the children of Abiola, the focus of Yoruba political activity. In return for these favours, the AD solidly voted for Evan Enwerem as Senate President. This is a man who participated in the two-million- man March for Abacha´s self-succession. He also is reputed to have hosted a meeting of governors during IBB´s transition, demanding that June 12 elections should never be de-annulled and threatening that the East would go to war if this was done. When Ibrahim Salisu Buhari was accused of swearing to a false affidavit, the Yoruba political elite correctly took up the gauntlet for his resignation.

When an AD governor, Bola Tinubu, swears to a false affidavit that he attended an Ivy League University which he did not attend, we hear excuses.

For so many years, the Yoruba have inundated this country with stories of being marginalised and of a civil service dominated by northerners through quota system. The Federal Character Commission has recently released a report which shows that the South-West accounts for 27.8% of civil servants in the range GL08 to GL14 and a full 29.5% of GL 15 and above. One zone out of six zones controls a full 30% of the civil service leaving the other five zones to share the remaining 70%. We find the same story in the economy, in academia, in parastatals.

Yet in spite of being so dominant, the Yoruba complained and complained of marginalization. Of recent, in recognition of the trauma which hit the South-West after June 12, the rest of the country forced everyone out of the race to ensure that a South-Westerner emerged, often against the best advice of political activists.

Instead of leading a path of reconciliation and strong appreciation, the Yoruba have embarked on short-sighted triumphalism, threatening other "nationalities" that they ( who after all lost the election) will protect Obasanjo ( who was forced on them). No less a person than Bola Ige has made such utterances.

To further show that they were in charge, they led a cult into the Hausa area of Sagamu, murdered a Hausa woman and nothing happened. In the violence that followed, they killed several Hausa residents, with Yoruba leaders like Segun Osoba, reminding Nigerians of the need to respect the culture of their host communities. This would have continued were it not for the people of Kano who showed that they could also create their own Oro who would only be appeased through the shedding of innocent Yoruba blood.

I say all this, to support Balarabe Musa´s statement, that the greatest problem to nation-building in Nigeria are the Yoruba Bourgeoisie. I say this also to underscore my point that until they change this attitude, no conference can solve the problems of Nigeria. We cannot move forward if the leadership of one of the largest ethnic groups continues to operate, not like statesmen, but like common area boys.

iii.The Igbo Factor and the Reasonable Limits of Retribution.

The Igbo people of Nigeria have made a mark in the history of this nation. They led the first successful military coup which eliminated the Military and Political leaders of other regions while letting off Igbo leaders. Nwafor Orizu, then Senate President, in consultation with President Azikiwe, subverted the constitution and handed over power to Aguiyi-Ironsi. Subsequent developments, including attempts at humiliating other peoples, led to the counter-coup and later the civil war. The Igbos themselves must acknowledge that they have a large part of the blame for shattering the unity of this country.

Having said that, this nation must realise that Igbos have more than paid for their foolishness. They have been defeated in war, rendered paupers by monetary policy fiat, their properties declared abandoned and confiscated, kept out of strategic public sector appointments and deprived of public services. The rest of the country forced them to remain in Nigeria and has continued to deny them equity.

The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie have conspired to keep the Igbo out of the scheme of things. In the recent transition when the Igbo solidly supported the PDP in the hope of an Ekwueme presidency, the North and South-West treated this as a Biafra agenda. Every rule set for the primaries, every gentleman´s agreement was set aside to ensure that Obasanjo, not Ekwueme emerged as the candidate. Things went as far as getting the Federal Government to hurriedly gazette a pardon. Now, with this government, the marginalistion of the Igbo is more complete than ever before. The Igbos have taken all these quietly because, they reason, they brought it upon themselves. But the nation is sitting on a time-bomb.

After the First World War, the victors treated Germany with the same contempt Nigeria is treating Igbos. Two decades later, there was a Second World War, far costlier than the first. Germany was again defeated, but this time, they won a more honourable peace. Our present political leaders have no sense of History. There is a new Igbo man, who was not born in 1966 and neither knows nor cares about Nzeogwu and Ojukwu. There are Igbo men on the street who were never Biafrans. They were born Nigerians, are Nigerians, but suffer because of actions of earlier generations. They will soon decide that it is better to fight their own war, and may be find an honourable peace, than to remain in this contemptible state in perpetuity.

The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie have exacted their pound of flesh from the Igbos. For one Sardauna, one Tafawa Balewa, one Akintola and one Okotie-Eboh, hundreds of thousands have died and suffered.

If this issue is not addressed immediately, no conference will solve Nigeria´s problems.

By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways / Court Dismisses Bid To Stop Tinubu’s Certificate Forgery Suit / APC Wishes Nigerians Happy Valentine’s Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.