Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft (22654 Views)

Reno Omokri Celebrates His Daughter, Tsola Bemigho's Birthday (Photos) / Reno Omokri Blasts Fashola, Fayemi For "Betraying Tinubu", Nigerians React / Reno Omokri With Air Hostesses At Sofitel Heathrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by kheart(m): 10:25pm On Jan 01, 2015
An American woman has accused President Goodluck Jonathan’s special assistant on New Media, Reno Omokri, of impersonation and identity theft.

Mr. Omokri had used the now infamous moniker, Wendell Simlin, in his attempt to link the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Lamido Sanusi, to the terrorist group Boko Haram.

Back in February 2014, Mr. Omokri wound up in a scandal after digital footprint of an article that tried to link the spike in Boko Haram attack to the suspension of Mr. Sanusi as CBN governor was traced to him.

The Califonia- based woman, Deborah Campbell, told Sahara Reporters in a series of emails and telephone conversation that her son, based in Hercules, California, is the real Wendel Simlin.

She explained that she is married to Mr. Omokri’s brother-in-law and that the president’s aide exploited the relationship to perpetrate forgery.

“I am the true Wendell Simlin’s mother here in the States. Appalled to find out my son has been a victim of identity theft, judging from the articles I recently read in your newspaper. Reno met my son after I married his wife’s brother,” she said in an email.

“There are pictures on my facebook of Reno’s wife, kids and my ex-husband Godwin Melle. He is Reno’s wife’s brother.”

Mr. Omokri, who was based in the United States before coming to Nigeria to work for Mr. Jonathan, may be soon be facing criminal charges as Ms.Campbell has promised to involve U.S. authorities if her son’s name is not cleared.

Mr. Omokri could not be reached to comment for this story. Calls to his known telephone number did not connect, and he is yet to respond to a text message sent to him.

Source: www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/174113-wendell-simlin-american-woman-accuses-reno-omokri-identity-theft.html

7 Likes

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by theV0ice: 10:37pm On Jan 01, 2015
I hope this isn't another publicity stunt??

If the woman is sure, then she and her son should press charges. He needs to be taught some lessons in integrity.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by kheart(m): 10:49pm On Jan 01, 2015
For Reno to keep mute about this, i suspect foul play. Maybe he s still working on his rejoinder.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:51pm On Jan 01, 2015
This is a link to a BBC publication that covers this controversy in detail. http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-26481508

It is possible that the accusations are part of an elaborate attempt to frame Omokri. Carlo De Micheli, an independent security expert, says the evidence can't be taken as concrete proof - but points out that it would be a bizarre strategy for Sanusi's supporters to falsify documents incriminating him, and subsequently try to clear his name.

Reno might have been framed they have a very weak proof... Some one can write a really damaging article about Good luck Jonathan and modify the meta tag to show that it is sent by buhari himself find screen shot example attached.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by holatin(m): 10:55pm On Jan 01, 2015
hahahahaha omokri will still bring the downfall of his master.

buhari for president

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 01, 2015
Matthewbriggs:
Very weak proof... I can write a really damaging article about Good luck jonathan and modify the meta tag to show that it is sent by buhari himself find screen shot attached.

are you Reno Omokri? Why don't you wait for Reno to refute the allegation before claiming you know eveything. Are you going to tell me that the woman is not an in-law to Reno? Nonsense!!
All these kids from Romance section sef. Mtscheeew!

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:05pm On Jan 01, 2015
berem:
are you Reno Omokri? Why don't you wait for Reno to refute the allegation before claiming you know eveything.

For your information MADAM, I never stated that he is guilty or innocent. I simply stated the fact that she, or whoever is peddling this news has a very weak evidence ... Shikena.

Which romance section ... Politics is my most visited section. I have always been on the sideline watching how you and your ilk are trying to sell to us the idea that a man who thinks he can fix Nigerian's economy by stabilizing oil prices is the best thing for Nigeria since sliced bread.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by tit(f): 11:12pm On Jan 01, 2015
this apc people are despicable!
Jonthan please live up to your promise to deal with trouble makers!
send one korofo with koboko to deal with useless people like berem.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 01, 2015
Controversies always trails Jonathan's aides. We can't wait to get them kicked in february

15 Likes

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by lekhane(m): 11:12pm On Jan 01, 2015
The only talent Jonathan has is to surround his cabinet with crooks, thugs, thieves and incompetent people
#can't wait for feb14

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:14pm On Jan 01, 2015
berem:
weak evidence? Are you Reno Omockery to say whether it is a weak evidence or not?
Dude,please endeavour to re-contest for Mr. Nairaland next year. you need the title seriously! angry

Are we moving from an issue based discussion to personal attacks ... Is this how you run issue based campaigns.

I am not Reno ... I am a Nigerian who is enjoying his basic fundamental human right of speech, I have the right to question her evidence and to express my opinion freely with out fear of been put in jail. I am thankful this is not 1985 where decree 4 was in full force by the former dictator.

I would not want to vote a man who is against freedom of speech.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 01, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

Are we moving from an issue based discussion to personal attacks ... Is this how you run issue based campaigns.

I am not Reno ... I am Nigerian who is enjoying his basic fundamental human right of speech, I have the right to question her evidence and to express his opinion freely with out fear of been put in jail. I am thankful this is not 1985 where decree 4 was in full force by the former dictator.
Exactly what I want you to prove. Thank you!

26 Likes

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by Kundagarten: 11:19pm On Jan 01, 2015
It is possible that the accusations are part of an elaborate attempt to frame Omokri. Carlo De Micheli, an independent security expert, says the evidence can't be taken as concrete proof

The BBC is right, they may be trying to frame Reno Omokri.

7 Likes

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by Kundagarten: 11:25pm On Jan 01, 2015
berem
weak evidence? Are you Reno Omockery to say whether it is a weak evidence or not?
Dude,please endeavour to re-contest for Mr. Nairaland next year. you need the title seriously!
Face the issue or how about you contesting Miss fat lady next year?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:26pm On Jan 01, 2015
berem:
Exactly what I want you to prove. Thank you!

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by tit(f): 11:27pm On Jan 01, 2015
Kundagarten:

Face the issue or how about you contesting Miss fat lady next year?

wow!

13 Likes

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by free2ryhme: 7:54am On Jan 02, 2015
berem:
are you Reno Omokri? Why don't you wait for Reno to refute the allegation before claiming you know eveything. Are you going to tell me that the woman is not an in-law to Reno? Nonsense!!

Prove to them you are matured instead before u start ur barage of insults again exploit less agressive means to do so

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by free2ryhme: 7:57am On Jan 02, 2015
kheart:
An American woman has accused President Goodluck Jonathan’s special assistant on New Media, Reno Omokri, of impersonation and identity theft.

Mr. Omokri had used the now infamous moniker, Wendell Simlin, in his attempt to link the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Lamido Sanusi, to the terrorist group Boko Haram.

Back in February 2014, Mr. Omokri wound up in a scandal after digital footprint of an article that tried to link the spike in Boko Haram attack to the suspension of Mr. Sanusi as CBN governor was traced to him.

The Califonia- based woman, Deborah Campbell, told Sahara Reporters in a series of emails and telephone conversation that her son, based in Hercules, California, is the real Wendel Simlin.

She explained that she is married to Mr. Omokri’s brother-in-law and that the president’s aide exploited the relationship to perpetrate forgery.

“I am the true Wendell Simlin’s mother here in the States. Appalled to find out my son has been a victim of identity theft, judging from the articles I recently read in your newspaper. Reno met my son after I married his wife’s brother,” she said in an email.

“There are pictures on my facebook of Reno’s wife, kids and my ex-husband Godwin Melle. He is Reno’s wife’s brother.”

Mr. Omokri, who was based in the United States before coming to Nigeria to work for Mr. Jonathan, may be soon be facing criminal charges as Ms.Campbell has promised to involve U.S. authorities if her son’s name is not cleared.

Mr. Omokri could not be reached to comment for this story. Calls to his known telephone number did not connect, and he is yet to respond to a text message sent to him.

Source: www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/174113-wendell-simlin-american-woman-accuses-reno-omokri-identity-theft.html

If there is any truth in this statement the reno shld be prosecuted the moment he stepped feet on american soil. He has gone too far. This is what too much talk and vague analysis results into. Dumbfounded nonsense

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by Flye: 8:00am On Jan 02, 2015
I don't know why our government aides are so desperate to do bad things.

10 Likes

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 02, 2015
If she like make she involve any government all those laws for America no dey apply to naija, we have strong men over here not strong institutions, I know what am saying, untouchable
Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by omenka(m): 8:09am On Jan 02, 2015
theV0ice:
I hope this isn't another publicity stunt??

If the woman is sure, then she and her son should press charges. He needs to be taught some lessons in integrity.
Publicity stunt?? Who is there in Nigeria that keeps tabs on what goes on in government that doesn't know about this incident?? Reno O'mockery was busted on twitter trying to pass off as Wendell Simlin and to this day, mum's been the word for him!

I hope the "Imam Sadiq" fake is soon found out as well.

7 Likes

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by theV0ice: 8:15am On Jan 02, 2015
omenka:
Publicity stunt?? Who is there in Nigeria that keeps tabs on what goes on in government that doesn't know about this incident?? Reno O'mockery was busted on twitter trying to pass off as Wendell Simlin and to this day, mum's been the word for him!

I hope the "Imam Sadiq" fake is soon found out as well.

Yeah bro. I read about the shameful Reno "Wendel slim" omokri saga. I just didn't know there's a living Wendel slim whose identity he stole.

If the woman's is the Wendel slim, then they should press charges and ensure he pays his dues......in jail

6 Likes

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by kaboninc(m): 3:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

For your information MADAM, I never stated that he is guilty or innocent. I simply stated the fact that she, or whoever is peddling this news has a very weak evidence ... Shikena.

Which romance section ... Politics is my most visited section. I have always been on the sideline watching how you and your ilk are trying to sell to us the idea that a man who thinks he can fix Nigerian's economy by stabilizing oil prices is the best thing for Nigeria since sliced bread.

He'll do so buy DICTATING to other oil producing countries especially the OPEC bloc on the quantity of crude oil to be produced and sold.

Then to the US on how much shale oil production can be done. Clueless calling another clueless!

6 Likes

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by Caseless: 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
What do u expect of an assistant to gej? Bunch of image destroyers!

6 Likes

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:11pm On Jan 02, 2015
Reno Omokiri, na only you waka come?

3 Likes

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by mrborntodoit: 6:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
Lies!!!
Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by Kororugged231: 7:07pm On Jan 02, 2015
Reno is on Nairaland. Wont reveal his handle...

3 Likes

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by Simitrendy: 3:48am On Jan 03, 2015
Eheeernrn wetin concern me with reno or gino d only tin wey concern me nah GMB-OSINBAJO2015

7 Likes

Re: American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft by olola4(m): 3:48am On Jan 03, 2015
wao I made FP

GEJ is surrounded with shameless and clueless officials

TEAM BUHARI

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#pdpconvention Between Unity List And The List Of Winners / IGP decries unwarranted, unprovoked attack on DCP FSARS / Femi Fani-kayode Visits Prophet Joshua Iginla (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.