Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States (27788 Views)

Free Fruits Donated By Saudi Arabia To Nigerian IDPs Being Sold In Markets.Photo / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index / The Hilux Vans Donated By Toyota Company To MNJTF Against Insurgency. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by dragon2(m): 9:05am On Jan 03, 2015
igbo2011:
Why can't we build our own warships and military equipment? I thought we were the giant of Africa.

https://beegeagle./2012/05/31/nns-andoni-p100-crafted-with-pride-by-the-nigerian-navy/

Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 03, 2015
SeanDada1:
US govt plz gives us cobra helicopters to level up boko haram in 2weeks.

Buying ten of those cobras would eat up our defence budget....leaving little for salaries,etc.

Also, if you buy millitary hardware.....you also have to get trained to use said Army hardware.
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by podosci(m): 12:58pm On Jan 03, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Sigh.

In addition to the Boko problem....we have a sea piracy problem...and an illegal oil bunkering problem. Millions of dollars worth of oil is still being stolen every year. So.....Boko is not the only problem we have!

Hence the warship.
First, its stupidity for a country the size and potential of Nigeria to be begging on the streets of the world for handouts?.....have we lost our pride?....why has Nigeria with a population of 175million resulted in begging for old second hand scrap metal.....ask your self, would the US ever give out its most sophisticated and updated worships to anybody? the would only give to beggars their scrap metals.
Second....oil bunkering is being done by the rich and politicians, with out a strong anti- corruption plan no amount of scrap metal warships would stop it
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by podosci(m): 1:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Buying ten of those cobras would eat up our defence budget....leaving little for salaries,etc.

Also, if you buy millitary hardware.....you also have to get trained to use said Army hardware.
The president bundgeted 400million dollars to buy a new private jet. why cant such money be diverted into buying atleast 2 cobras
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by podosci(m): 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2015
dhantey324:

Point of correction, he is an ex-ethnic militant leaer (abi Yar'adua no grant am amnesty?) And also NIMASA has claimed the receipt of the six ships...
Where in the world are EX militants who rose up against the state, killed military personal and civilians allowed to come close to owning weapons, talk more of warships?
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by Ilekeh(f): 1:18pm On Jan 03, 2015
DaBullIT:

The level of stewpidity being displayed by e-nigerians is alarming , I know that cluelessness spreads especially if you worship , obey / listen to lies from clueless at the top , what I didn't know is that it became an airborne infection

Muurfuckas here said USA did not care about Nigeria , Instead of saying thank you for the gesture , I'm reading comments like " they should sweep for bugs"." I do not trust USA " . " Tompolo buying tear rubber , Nigerian Navy collecting scraps ".

When will that mentality change ? USA sent soldiers , offered to help Nigeria , gives incentives and grants and then again you still say US is Nigeria's enemy. Correct your evil dark thoughts , stop reasoning like a Nigerian , start thinking like a human being

Some Mùmú people argued with me a few months ago that the USA does not care about Nigeria ,

They blamed USA for Nigeria's woes and even for GEJ's clueless ness

USA just proved you wrong again , but some of the comments are so disappointing

. I doubt that the joint army staff will be having thier meetings in that ship , i also doubt that the ship will be docked / anchored at Aso Vila , bugs in the ship is useless , you reasoned with your yansh

. The same thing you and other clueless people said when USA brought their soldiers and offered to help against boko haram , In reality stop reasoning like a baboon

. Stop thinking like a Nigerian , start thinking like a human being

. I know you don't like Clueless administration , I added your quote because you said tompolo bought tear nylon , in reality he didn't buy tear nylon , he bought decommissioned / considered old or outdated for use in Norway and I bet the instruction manual is not in English

Nigeria is on the verge of economic collapse , you were gifted a ship at this perilous time and this is how you think ? Shame on you

Soldiers dismissed and sentenced to death ? You don't know if those soldiers are the saboteurs , people don't just get dismissed , killed or sentenced to death , there's something else and NA is not telling us

You're really dumb and naive, aren't you? USA really cares about you, you say?

Nigga moments.
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by daramz1(m): 1:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
I tire for the man called Goodluck!!
ILRNZH:

Nna think am na...

, the navy spent about 8.5 million dollars in refurbishing the vessel and emplacing its armaments

Must GEJ government refurbish everything? Train, Warship, FFK....
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by simdam500(m): 1:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
Chrylich: $8.5million to refurbish??! O_o

How much con be new one!

We don suffer!
I keep wondering too... meanwhile a small girl like that buy armored car for her self, just to protect.

the matter die like that... we are suffering!

why get tokunbo warship when the whole country eat out of the oil money...

confused leaders.
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 03, 2015
IGBOSON1:
They should give it a clean-sweep for bugs! lipsrsealed
N matter wat the do the americans will onlys knw abt its loc n comm
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by wesleyel: 1:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ilekeh:
Donated and equipped with spying wires abi?

Nigerians are not smart people.

You ever wonder why USA DONATES such equipment to undeveloped countries?

Wetin too much American film de cos
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by liongirl: 1:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by liongirl: 1:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by dhantey324(m): 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
podosci:

Where in the world are EX militants who rose up against the state, killed military personal and civilians allowed to come close to owning weapons, talk more of warships?

Read my post again sir, he is not owning the ships, NIMASA is. He gave it to them in other to aid their fight against piracy. Besides he bought it as a decommissioned warship, NIMASA will know what to do with it.
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by joeyekembele: 2:17pm On Jan 03, 2015
Rich4god:
Okpabana... What a name...
*edited*

I like the way NN names their ships... Using "words" from different Nigerian languages. Sound interesting...
NNS Aradu comes to mind.

OKPABANA is an 'IGALA' word for THUNDER. IGALA is a language found in Kogi, Benue, Enugu, Anambra, Edo and renamed Ebu in Oshimili north of Delta state.
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by seangy4konji: 2:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
And wat do they want in return
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by Sadbrother(m): 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
daramz1:
I hope its not a fairly used war ship ooo

gr8t news
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2015
Jenams:
we begged them to sell cobra helicopters for us to fight boko haram dat is killin innocent nigerians on a daily basis BUT they refused, so where is the love/good from usa u r talkin abt?
I know somebody will blame it on USA as usual. Y'all miserable bastards!
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by DaBullIT(m): 10:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ilekeh:

You're really dumb and naive, aren't you? USA really cares about you, you say?

Nigga moments.

Yes. USA does care.
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by tammie24: 6:55am On Jan 04, 2015
IGBOSON1:
They should give it a clean-sweep for bugs! lipsrsealed
Ur head dey there! That was was the first thing that came to my mind soo as I read the topic cheesy
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by caesaraba(m): 9:15am On Jan 04, 2015
tammie24:

Ur head dey there! That was was the first thing that came to my mind soo as I read the topic cheesy

Relax abeg. The USA doesn't need to bug an entire ship to gain bit-part information. All they need is to strategically place gifts in the hands of our ever willing-to-recieve top officials in the president's inner circle. E.g like a Rolex watch presented to Oga Jona himself. Since we too like shiny things for this 9ja. The NSA was successfully tapped into the personal line of German Chanllelor Angela Merkel for years before being ratted out by Snowden and that's a country o! Talk-less of an ordinary geographical location like Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by wildikeman(m): 9:15am On Jan 04, 2015
Why did they stall in the first place. Oh we didn't support the Palestinian sovereignty abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nyesom Wike Pictured With His Wife And Kids In Anglican Church / IBB’s Statement: PDP Reacts To Advice To Vote President Buhari Out / Idia Ize-Iyamu Storms Auchi In Edo North For APC Campaign (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.