Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Girlfriend Vs Fiance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girlfriend Vs Fiance (2827 Views)

My Besty Gives Me Attitude When I Use My Fiance Pix As Dp / Bisi Alimi, His Mum And His Fiance Pictured Together / My Girlfriend Vs My Elder Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girlfriend Vs Fiance by na2day2(m): 6:33am On Dec 14, 2008
b4 u think u know what the topic is all about, i recommend that u read the post to get a grasp of the story line.

today is 12-13-2008, i was watching the show cheaters on the local channel and this amazing story showed up. i have watched many cheaters' show but this one was beyond me. this lady claimed that her boyfriend has been cold towards her for about a year, even sleeps on a different bed now but they still live under the same room. she claims to be a workaholic, and always traveling. she thinks this might have affect his attitude towards her but she said she is not sure. now she is fed up on the whole deal and called cheaters to investigate the deal. cheaters did and they found the guy on one knee proposing to another lady while is girlfriend was out of town. now this other girl is now is fiance, while is girlfriend is clueless on this whole new deal. when she came back from her travel, cheaters showed her the video and she almost passed out. they took her to meet the guy and his new fiance and the girlfriend went for the fiance and attacked her and they had their cat fight but what struck me was the fact that the guys complain is that the girlfriend works too hard and have no time for him even though he has complained about her workaholic behavior (now this complain usually comes from the female side) but her defense was that she has to paid the bills (the guy works also) but the guy fired back that there got to balance then he fires another accusation that she always try to control him, that she is a control freak, he said she is way to domineering and cant come off her control issues (the girlfriend is actually on anti-depressant). ok, this guy i think foul up badly but the girlfriend didn't help her case from the way she was talking and acting. she finally confessed that she was too much into the materialist things and allowed her business to take the better of her life. now she has handed her biz to her sister while she has gone for some spiritual counseling while the guy is now living with his new fiance. ok b4 u start pointing fingers, please think about the story again and give ur comment. the floor is now open NLders
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by chika98: 6:52am On Dec 14, 2008
If the relationship was that crappy. He should have broken it up and then carried on with the new girl who is now his fiancée. It is as simple as that
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by lacrimose(f): 7:35am On Dec 14, 2008
I just saw the episode u are talking about but he should have broken the relationship first before proposing to another girl. He was rude to her on the phone yelling"I am in a meeting" but hey he was on a date with another girl. Anyway, i get ur point that she should have paid more attention to him but still if he didnt want her he could have called the relationship off.
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by na2day2(m): 8:35am On Dec 14, 2008
i honestly think the guy was kinda scared of the girl for some reason, but the girl sef, if a guy u live with does not sleep on the same bed with u for a whole year, shouldn't that cause u to stop and think? undecided undecided

lacrimose:

I just saw the episode u are talking about but he should have broken the relationship first before proposing to another girl. He was rude to her on the phone yelling"I am in a meeting" but hey he was on a date with another girl. Anyway, i get ur point that she should have paid more attention to him but still if he didnt want her he could have called the relationship off.

Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by na2day2(m): 8:36am On Dec 14, 2008
@ lacrimose

do u live in dallas?
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by Akinagirl(f): 8:40am On Dec 14, 2008
Whatever happened to communication And yeah, he should have called the relationship off before proposing to a new girl. And if I was the new girl. I wouldn't marry him, since he leads people on.
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by iice(f): 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2008
My sister likes watching that show. I find half of them to be dense in the head.
The three people in this scenario have issues undecided The man for not breaking up with the girlfriend first before proposing to another. The girlfriend for having no idea of what the hell is happening. The fiancee who didn't insist that the guy break up first with his girlfriend. . .no wait, make that for actually accepting his proposal when he lovelife is not even in order undecided
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by jibbygirl(f): 2:48pm On Dec 14, 2008
@poster
the guy is simply callous to have bn sleeping under the same roof with one girl and proposing marriage to another. but the so called fiancee better watch her back with this guy cos he can do same or worse to her. and to the unfortunate gurlfiend, this is a lesson for future relationships, don't get so carried away with ur job. give him the required attention but don't turn him to a demi god in doing this.
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by na2day2(m): 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2008
wow! just like i thought, no girl in this forum is looking at this objectively. the guy messed up but what led him to that state is the main issue which was lack of communication and attention from his girlfriend, she clearly confessed that she was much into the material things and she thinks that what made him back away from her, the guy also complained about her being a control freak. i have told my female friend a million times, u never win a battle with a guy that is ur man by shouting, he may keep quiet but that battle will come up again. trying to control any guy never ends well, i can assure u girls right now. u can make ur guy be what u want him to be but at anytime he feels belittled then u have a problem on ur hand. as for the other girl, what i sensed out of this drama is that she knew the guy's state and started acting the very oppose of what his girlfriend was offering, and that won his heart. generally though i think the guy messed up big time; i couldn't believe it when i saw him go down on his knees and proposed to the new chic, i thought my old tv is playing tricks on me again, broadcasting false information but since this cheater episode was on a local channel, i couldn't go check G4 to verify, so i had to believe my TV. one thing i like america for is that i don't have to waste my money on movie tickets all the time, there is always free movie some where in ur neighborhood happening live. in these economic woos it comes in handy grin grin grin
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by Moonstone(f): 7:55pm On Dec 14, 2008
I do agree that the man should have broken up with her first before proposing to another woman. Did the fiancee not know that he was living with another woman? Did she even know him well enough to say yes? I don't know why any woman would allow her man to sleep in the same house with another woman.
That aside, the woman should have gotten the hint when they started sleeping in different woods. Body no be wood. He can't just be suddenly tired of sex. She should have known something was up by then. 2 months no sex, should have been a big clue.
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by na2day2(m): 8:01pm On Dec 14, 2008
the other lady knew and even visited the house he shared with his girlfriend

Moonstone:

I do agree that the man should have broken up with her first before proposing to another woman. Did the fiancee not know that he was living with another woman? Did she even know him well enough to say yes? I don't know why any woman would allow her man to sleep in the same house with another woman.
That aside, the woman should have gotten the hint when they started sleeping in different woods. Body no be wood. He can't just be suddenly tired of sex. She should have known something was up by then. 2 months no sex, should have been a big clue.
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by lacrimose(f): 9:04pm On Dec 14, 2008
na2day?:

@ lacrimose

do u live in dallas?

no, close enough, sooner state!!!
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by Moonstone(f): 10:10pm On Dec 14, 2008
na2day?:

the other lady knew and even visited the house he shared with his girlfriend

Oh wow, in that case, the woman should be blamed. She should have known the guy was running games on her behind.
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by na2day2(m): 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2008
Moonstone:

Oh wow, in that case, the woman should be blamed. She should have known the guy was running games on her behind.

a guy that sleeps on a separate bed foe one year and doesn't want to talk to u, maybe that is not any game that is his sign to tell her he is frustrated with the relationship and wanted her to get a hint and end it nicely but she would not
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by tmoney11(m): 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2008
If she call off the relationship before proposing to the other girl, the girl will not no what she did is wrong. I feel sorry for her and wetin the guy dey talk there be say body no be fire hood
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by na2day2(m): 11:38pm On Dec 15, 2008
tmoney11:

If she call off the relationship before proposing to the other girl, the girl will not no what she did is wrong. I feel sorry for her and wetin the guy dey talk there be say body no be fire hood

Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by LoveAlways(f): 9:20am On Dec 17, 2008

I agree. This guy was wrong for not communicating with her. Women aren't mind readers. What you are doing na2day is blaming the woman. It is not her fault that he cheated. First of all, he never communicated his needs to his girlfriend. Secondly, instead of communicating or breaking off the relationship in a respectful way, he choose to cheat and plan marriage with another woman while still in a relationship with his girlfriend.

Being as his girlfriend quickly admitted that she had been working too much and chasing her dreams, I'm sure that she would have responded in his favor, if he had of taken the time to just communicate his needs or give the relationship a break. Men usually cheat when they are seeking validation outside of a relationship/marriage. Because of the way he handled the breakup with his girlfriend, his marriage to the other woman will probably be doomed.
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by na2day2(m): 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2008
****** scratches head***** so men are mind readers?  i hate to break it to u, he did communicate to his girlfriend and she admitted to that, the bottom line is, she valued her work and material things above her relationship and she tries to control the guy(that is a no no) and that led the guy to back away from her, and she knew it but was just in denial hoping things will change. she even insulted the guy saying all he could afford is a cheap walmart ring for his fiance. again, that shows how clueless she is about love and relationship, all she thinks of is wealth and the bling-bling

LoveAlways:

I agree. This guy was wrong for not communicating with her. Women aren't mind readers. What you are doing na2day is blaming the woman. It is not her fault that he cheated. First of all, he never communicated his needs to his girlfriend. Secondly, instead of communicating or breaking off the relationship in a respectful way, he choose to cheat and plan marriage with another woman while still in a relationship with his girlfriend.

Being as his girlfriend quickly admitted that she had been working too much and chasing her dreams, I'm sure that she would have responded in his favor, if he had of taken the time to just communicate his needs or give the relationship a break. Men usually cheat when they are seeking validation outside of a relationship/marriage. Because of the way he handled the breakup with his girlfriend, his marriage to the other woman will probably be doomed.
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by Moyola(f): 12:08pm On Dec 17, 2008
Her loss! tongue
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by whitelexi(m): 12:12pm On Dec 17, 2008
Guys don't talk, we act. . .  and a woman who knows her man should recognise those acts from a distance.
What did she think when their relationship became stiffled, for God's sake - what did she think when a brother was sleeping on a different bed for so long
Such a woman irritates me!
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by na2day2(m): 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2008
u have said it all bro, u have said it all

whitelexi:

Guys don't talk, we act. . .  and a woman who knows her man should recognise those acts from a distance.
What did she think when their relationship became stiffled, for God's sake - what did she think when a brother was sleeping on a different bed for so long
Such a woman irritates me!

that was what i said!

Moyola:

Her loss! tongue
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by Cayon(f): 3:21am On Dec 18, 2008
@poster

i think this fiancé thing is a hype and a waste of money. Why friend someone for X amount of years then place a ring on her finger for X amount of years.
Why not skip this crap (fiance stage) and go straight into marriage.
If you ask me - this whole engangment thing is a waste of time and money. And what if i decide not to marry you" - Shuuute - just money wasted on a ring.

Peace
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by LoveAlways(f): 6:28am On Dec 18, 2008
****** scratches head***** so men are mind readers?     i hate to break it to u, he did communicate to his girlfriend and she admitted to that, the bottom line is, she valued her work and material things above her relationship and she tries to control the guy(that is a no no) and that led the guy to back away from her, and she knew it but was just in denial hoping things will change. she even insulted the guy saying all he could afford is a cheap walmart ring for his fiance. again, that shows how clueless she is about love and relationship, all she thinks of is wealth and the bling-bling

Oh okay, so he did voice his relationship concerns.  Yet and still, it's not her fault that he CHEATED.  When a person cheats, the only one to blame is the cheater.  He could have just ended the relationship and moved on.  Let fait deal with her.  That's the decent respectable thing to do.  What you are saying is that when someone wrongs another, they have every right to wrong that person in return. 

I don't mean to get all holy, because I'm not religious, but in the bible it says:  Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "vencence is mine, I will repay," says the Lord.  I believe this to be true.  He should have just moved on with his life repsectfully -- letting God deal with her.  If he would have ended the relationship in a healthy way and then proposed to the new girl, his ex would have eventually heard about it.  That would have been her wake up call.  He did not have to cheat to prove a point.  Now they both will have much to learn.  If you hurt someone, that hurt is always returned to you.
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by na2day2(m): 9:45am On Dec 18, 2008
@ LoveAlways

honestly sweet heart, i will love to have a one on one talk with u. i am not justifying the guy, but the fact that most of u females grossly over-looked the many faults of his girlfriend is astounding. i totally understand now when my girl says, "when u are wrong, apologize, when i am wrong, u still need to apologize"  sad embarassed sad
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by LoveAlways(f): 7:20pm On Dec 18, 2008
@Na2Day

honestly sweet heart, i will love to have a one on one talk with u. i am not justifying the guy, but the fact that most of u females grossly over-looked the many faults of his girlfriend is astounding. i totally understand now when my girl says, "when u are wrong, apologize, when i am wrong, u still need to apologize"   

I do not like being called "sweet heart."  --  laughing, let's get that out of the way.  I didn't over look her faults, we all have faults.  She is guilty of neglecting her boyfriend, but the crime doesn't fit the time

He should have ended the relationship before moving on to marry another woman.  Not only is it disrespectful to cheat on a woman/man, it is also selfish.  While this guy was out building a relationship with another woman, his current girlfriend could have been free to build a relationship with another man.  One who appreciates her ambitious nature and desire for "things".   

Not only did he deceive his current girlfriend, he deceived his fiance as well. 

her defense was that she has to paid the bills (the guy works also)

This is another line that I noticed.  She had to pay the bills even though this guy worked and was probably living with her and not sufficiently contributing to the household.  Why should she have to apologize for working hard to pay the bills?  This guy just sounds like a loser, all the way around.  He probably moved in with his fiance (laughing). 
Fiance = New Meal Ticket
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by na2day2(m): 10:00pm On Dec 18, 2008
@ LoveAlways

correction noted, now bitter heart, this dude pays the bills but she just used that as an excuse not to be around, and he told her that right in front of the camera, bills paying was well covered and she didnt need to do what she was doing.  the fiance also knew the deal and i guess thats why she acted the oppose of what he gets at home and he fell in love with her. my point is this, the girl friend knew all along but decided to live in self denial hoping that the guy will change his mind in the future without addressing the issues he rose with him. she therefore is very guilty as charged no long thing
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by semidaraeb(m): 10:24pm On Dec 18, 2008
Na wao guyz get mind
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by iice(f): 8:26am On Dec 19, 2008
No one is overlooking the faults of the woman. You are just drawing more light to her faults and casting his into the shadows.
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by na2day2(m): 8:33am On Dec 19, 2008
nah, i said the guy has alot of blame too but i was waiting to see if the females on this board will be more objective and see what led to the guy's behavior to judge, so far only one girl did.

iice:

No one is overlooking the faults of the woman. You are just drawing more light to her faults and casting his into the shadows.
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by iice(f): 8:46am On Dec 19, 2008
So by condemning the woman, we are more objective undecided

In the end, they are both dense.
No matter what, he should have told her to get a life - her own life because he's out of it.
She should have done something before it got to this level, either by trying to fix things or letting it go.
If she knew he was cheating, what da heck is she still doing there? Like my sis likes to say, 'you suppose know when to get lost especially when you aren't wanted'
Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by na2day2(m): 9:12am On Dec 19, 2008
u don't have to condemn but pointing out the source of the problem helps than just complaining about the result is my point. by the way, tell ur sister that i am in love with her already kiss kiss kiss kiss

iice:

So by condemning the woman, we are more objective undecided

In the end, they are both dense.
No matter what, he should have told her to get a life - her own life because he's out of it.
She should have done something before it got to this level, either by trying to fix things or letting it go.
If she knew he was cheating, what da heck is she still doing there? Like my sis likes to say, 'you suppose know when to get lost especially when you aren't wanted'

Re: Girlfriend Vs Fiance by iice(f): 9:54am On Dec 19, 2008
Yes i understand that. But still as a person, his character shouldn't be changing because of someone. Someone who doesn't give him what he wants. Nwayz. . .i get your point

rofl. . .join the rest of the world tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Has Stopped Calling Me / Guys Only / 15 Types Of Men To Avoid Dating!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.