Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? (2137 Views)

Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? / Man Invites All His Girlfriends To His Birthday In A Club And Made Them Do This / 10 Ways Guys Console Themselves When They Are Tired Of Searching For Girlfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by SmithRussell(m): 10:47pm On Jan 02, 2015
I saw this somewhere and it really got me thinkin', so I decided to copysteal it and get some few answers and I'm looking forward to learning a lot about relationships from this thread.

They say money can't buy love but it seems there's still no love without some money.
Girls nowadays size up a guy to find out if he can "afford" them.
I have had some couple of girlfriends who demanded to know exactly how much I earn. Some even went as far as telling me that a percentage of my salary now belonged to them.
Isn't it like paying her to be your girlfriend? What happens if you don't pay?
Some girls will say"as your girlfriend you don't expect me to be wearing old clothes and not have my hair fixed, etc". Hence they need an "allowance". It seems relationships like everything else is now "pay as you go".

The question is:

Girls: Does your guy have to pay you an allowance (monthly, weekly or daily) for the relationship to continue?

Guys: Will you pay your girlfriend a monthly allowance or have you already started paying her?

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by Divinekings(m): 10:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
Oh! If you know how what you’re about to learn works then you’re gonna LOVE what I got for you today…
http://zealot.blog.com/archives/69/
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 02, 2015
And what on earth is he paying for? love, sex, cares, attention? Dont be duped op.A guy can only support a gal when she is in trouble and that's if he can afford it. Buying her things should be a way to show love and not payment for something . cool

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
Noope
Y should she?
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by mizkeleke(f): 11:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
I don't think the allowance thing is necessary. that's making it look lyk she is working for him. Commitment is a mutual thing and as such the guy should render assistance when necessary. Although guys should be sensitive to ladies's needs.
My opinion duo

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
Funny!
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 02, 2015
Nop I wuldnt ask 4 hiz salary wen am still under my parents,buh I kan elp him safe if am serious abt him
And concernin spnding 4 me,its a thing of choice,ion feel a bae wuld need to tell responsible guy to do sum certain stuffs b4 e does,nuffin iz obligatory,buh sum tins ar necessary
If yhu datin a geh and u ve neva thought of been responsible 4 sum certain tins even witawt her askin,den u dnt worth been a familyman yet
Buh mee,I wuldnt ask any man to do anyfin,if we datin use ur instinct
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:02am On Jan 03, 2015
badoolee:
Nop I wuldnt ask 4 hiz salary wen am still under my parents,buh I kan elp him safe if am serious abt him
And concernin spnding 4 me,its a thing of choice,ion feel a bae wuld need to tell responsible guy to do sum certain stuffs b4 e does,nuffin iz obligatory,buh sum tins ar necessary
If yhu datin a geh and u ve neva thought of been responsible 4 sum certain tins even witawt her askin,den u dnt worth been a familyman yet
Buh mee,I wuldnt ask any man to do anyfin,if we datin use ur instinct
jeez, what is this your use of abbreviations is too much. I just hope you don't type this way when chatting

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 03, 2015
Baddestguyp:
jeez, what is this your use of abbreviations is too much. I just hope you don't type this way when chatting
am working on that
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 03, 2015
Yes na....even Personal car, 3bedroom flat and Pension after breaking-up
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by jahbiz: 12:59am On Jan 03, 2015
This is one of many reasons y many

Nigerian girls will never go far in

life cos of their poor mentality and

laziness.

There is nothing wrong 4 a guy to

spend @ will on his girl but when

a girl starts asking for alawi

hmmmm, ''guy use your sense''

There is poverty someone in her

life. Mentally, spiritually or

physically.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by laidian(m): 1:37am On Jan 03, 2015
Yes, it's very ok. But it's not very ok to grant the demand(s).
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by Tymax(m): 1:41am On Jan 03, 2015
I don't need to explain how ridiculous it is.
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by wunmi590(m): 1:47am On Jan 03, 2015
The girl does not have to ask before you start dischrgn ur rspnsiblities on her b4 andr prsn strt doin it, though u mght tink dis is a boy frnd grlfrnd thing, bt d truth nid 2 b tld, dts 1 of dos quality of a gud man, dschrgn ur rspnsiblities as at wen due
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by Etetejake(m): 2:45am On Jan 03, 2015
Do I look like her father? thats one of the many reasons I av not dated for years now. If she can prove to me how I became her parent by just asking her out I might just ask my salary to be paid to her.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by dechandel(f): 4:18am On Jan 03, 2015
wunmi590:
The girl does not have to ask before you start dischrgn ur rspnsiblities on her b4 andr prsn strt doin it, though u mght tink dis is a boy frnd grlfrnd thing, bt d truth nid 2 b tld, dts 1 of dos quality of a gud man, dschrgn ur rspnsiblities as at wen due

What responsibilities? Taking care of her needs? Are you her father?
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by Nobody: 4:22am On Jan 03, 2015
why should i pay allowance ?for what?because she loves me or because we fvck
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by Nobody: 4:23am On Jan 03, 2015
It depends though. Right now, I placed my wife on monthly allowance because she ain't working yet. Fiancee yes but regular girlfriend, HELL NO undecided
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by hollandis(f): 4:48am On Jan 03, 2015
Do girls ask for allowance? When they are more girls than guys.Something is definitely wrong
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 03, 2015
dechandel:
help me ask am o. Allowance ke? Mtchew!
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 03, 2015
If a lady I am into a relationship with demands for money from me as if its her birth right, that would definitely mark the beginning of the end of that relationship.
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by dechandel(f): 9:03am On Jan 03, 2015
AgapeCharis:
help me ask am o. Allowance ke? Mtchew!
Na your fellow guy type this one o tongue
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by SmithRussell(m): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2015
Baddestguyp:
wen chattin or wen writin wit a pen, coz she myt do dsame in an examinatn hall
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by jmoore(m): 9:09am On Jan 03, 2015
Give her pension too when she quits the relationship.
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by dinachi(m): 9:14am On Jan 03, 2015
They ask for allowance because they are Lesbians....they ask for allowance because they consider sleeping with a guy a job and they need to be paid for working...Guys do not excite them or really interest them

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by SmithRussell(m): 9:19am On Jan 03, 2015
dechandel:
Na your fellow guy type this one o tongue
Many of ur fellow gurlz don demand allowi frm me o.
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by SmithRussell(m): 9:21am On Jan 03, 2015
jmoore:
Give her pension too when she quits the relationship.

gratuity nkotongue?
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by dechandel(f): 9:25am On Jan 03, 2015
SmithRussell:
Many of ur fellow gurlz don demand allowi frm me o.
Lol
Let them know you aint their father(s)
And if there father(s) cant afford what they need. They should be content with whatever their father(s) can afford tongue
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by wunmi590(m): 9:49am On Jan 03, 2015
dechandel:

Rspnsibilities ar ctegries in mny ways, atleast u cnt date a guy who cnt buy u a bttle of coke.. Or a man who see's smtin nice nd get it 4 u, dts 1 of his rspnsibilities. I knw u undrstnd wht am sayin grin
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by dechandel(f): 9:57am On Jan 03, 2015
wunmi590:

Rspnsibilities ar ctegries in mny ways, atleast u cnt date a guy who cnt buy u a bttle of coke.. Or a man who see's smtin nice nd get it 4 u, dts 1 of his rspnsibilities. I knw u undrstnd wht am sayin grin
If a guy wants to get something nice for the girlfriend. So cool!!
But a girl asking for such things and feeling its her right? So wrong
Re: Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? by SmithRussell(m): 10:05am On Jan 03, 2015
dechandel:
If a guy wants to get something nice for the girlfriend. So cool!!
But a girl asking for such things and feeling its her right? So wrong
as if u no dey demand allowi frm ur guy, hypocrisy

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Seun Is To Marry From Nairaland, Who Will It Be? / Why Are Girls So Shy To Hit On A Guy. / Men Which Is Worse? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.