Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,041 members, 7,832,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Signs Your Girl Friend Is Too Jealous - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Signs Your Girl Friend Is Too Jealous (1131 Views)

My Girlfriend Is Too Jealous And Doesnt Trust Me / Am I Being Too Jealous And Insecure? Or Is He Really Cheating? / 11 Signs To Know If Your Girl Friend Is A Good Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Signs Your Girl Friend Is Too Jealous by Eberex(m): 6:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
Jealousy is an ugly emotion. It involves negative thoughts and damaging feelings of insecurity, anxiety, fear, resentment. It occurs when a person anticipates a loss of something of great personal value.

In the case of your current relationship, you are the thing of great personal value. She doesn’t want to lose you, but shows you in all the wrong ways. While it’s nice to feel wanted and vital in a relationship, it’s awful to feel as though the woman you love doesn’t trust you, no matter how honest you’ve been in your time together.

Is her jealousy taking a toll on your relationship? Here are 10 common actions of a jealous person and how this conduct will eventually ruin what you have together.

1. You Can’t Mention Another Woman:
Your girlfriend’s jealousy makes it impossible to talk about other women in any context. Whether it’s a female coworker, a co-ed softball teammate or the same barista who knows exactly how you take your coffee, utter the name of another woman and she immediately develops an attitude.

2. She Accuses You Of Flirting With Other Women:
Men flirt, even when they don’t really mean to. It’s a natural reaction to being around a woman. In some instances, men are just being nice. It’s got nothing to do with physical attraction. There are just some cases, and kill us for it, we’re nice to the opposite s*x for no reason. Your jealous girlfriend views every nice gesture as flirting.

3. She Won’t Let You Out Of Her Sight:
There is an expression which states “out of sight, out of mind” — and since you’re never off her mind, she’s never going to let you out of her sight. This makes it near impossible to live the life of a normal man, because every move you make is being watched by your partner.

4. She Monitors Your Every Online Move:
If she isn’t constantly calling or texting to get your exact location, she’s checking all of your social pages to find out where you are, what you’re doing and even what you’re thinking. She might not even stop at just checking from the outside — have you changed your passwords lately?

5. She Demands You Cut Ties With Your Ex:
There are instances when former partners maintain a civil relationship after the fireworks have fizzled. Even though the romance didn’t last, they still remain friends, especially if they still run in the same social circles. In many cases, former married couples remain close, especially if kids are involved. Your current partner is so jealous, she doesn’t want you having any contact with an ex. Even if it is the mother of your kids, she wants to reduce it down to nothing more than a “hello and goodbye” during custody drop-offs.

6. She’s Constantly Insecure About The Relationship:
A fair amount of jealousy stems from insecuritiesabout the state of the relationship. Your girlfriend’s envy of your other relationships (either with the opposite s*x or sometimes with the same s*x) forces her to constantly examine the bond between the two of you. This leads her to continually question you about the relationship, or often see issues where there really isn’t a problem at all.

7. She Asks Loaded Questions (That Don’t Have A Correct Answer):
An overwhelming majority of questions women ask are honest, inquisitive queries. There’s a small minority of dangerous questions, however, that have no good answer, because in the eyes of a really jealous woman, there is no good answer, period. For example, if she asks, “Do you think [insert gorgeous celeb] is prettier than me?” there are only two possible answers — no and no. When you say no, a jealous woman’s jealous nature will cause her to accuse you of lying. Wait, you didn’t think saying yes was an option… did you?

8. She Doesn’t Want To Hear Your Good News:
Jealousy in a relationship doesn’t always involve the issues with you and the opposite s*x. It’s common for a woman to be jealous of you on a social, economic or personal level. She might be jealous that you’ve got a group of close friends, that you’ve got a job you love that pays incredibly well or that you’re just an all-around happy person. For these, or many different reasons, she’s jealous of you even though she’s in love with you.

9. Every Fight Stems From Her Jealous Nature:
It’s natural for humans to bump heads — especially two people in a physical relationship. The problem is when every fight starts because of her jealous nature. Whether she is envious of another woman, a friend, a promotion or anything in your life that, for the moment, seems more important than her, if her jealousy is at the center of every altercation and the fights all feel exactly the same, there’s a problem.

10. It’s Impossible For A Jealous Person To change:
Most issues in a relationship can be fixed, but raging jealousy is a hard habit to break. Often it’s because a jealous person either refuses to change or refuses to admit they are in the wrong. The only way to stop being jealous is to gain the self-confidence to stop envying others or to let a situation go because it’s out of their control. Both can be incredible hurdles for a jealous person to jump.

Why It’s Harmful: In every relationship, there is growth. If a jealous person is unable to grow and recognize that the perceived issues aren’t really serious, the relationship will remain at an unhealthy level until one of the participants realizes it’s time to move on.

Curled from aquavibes
Re: Signs Your Girl Friend Is Too Jealous by ireneony(f): 6:56pm On Jan 04, 2015
Tired of all these list
Re: Signs Your Girl Friend Is Too Jealous by ronald4lif(m): 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2015
ireneony:
Tired of all these list

It's getting too much, really.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do I Still Love My Ex Girlfriend-i Love My Ex Girlfriend And I Want Her Back / Ladies..would U Marry A Guy Your Sister Have Slept With / Make Love To Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.