Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,248 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged (30997 Views)

Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege / APC Insists On Ahmed Lawan As Leader, Change Looms In Senate / APC Insists On Its Original List Of NASS Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by gratiaeo(m): 11:01am On Jan 05, 2015
The All Progressives Congress, APC has pledged to congratulate President Goodluck Jonathan if he wins next month’s presidential election fair and clean but also vowed to form parallel government if the election is rigged.

The party in a congratulatory message to Nigerians on the occasion of the Yuletude and Eid-el-Maulud celebrations said it was clearly aware of the bleak celebrations occasioned by government corruption that has brought misery to the large majority of the working class.

Telling Nigerians not to despair that hope was near, the party in the statement personally signed by its national chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun said: “We are aware that it has been a bleak celebrations for all of us because of the poor performance of the economy, litany of failed promises and general decay in governance in our dear country, including unpaid salaries which is as a result of the drop in the state and local government revenue.

The drop in the state and local government revenue is as a result of corruption in government, The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC and oil theft, supervised by government.
“We ask all Nigerians to exercise fortitude, because the change we seek is almost here. We wish to also remind you that the change, we expect will be a consequence of your action. That action will be to vote massively for the All Progressives Congress, APC in the next election to herald the new dawn and bid farewell to the failed leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

We ask you to collectively insist on free, fair and transparent election, because that is the only way to allow the wishes of the people to manifest.
“As a party, we assure you that we will congratulate president Goodluck Jonathan and his party, PDP If our presidential candidate and party are defeated in free and fair elections, and we will not go to court.

However, as a party, we wish to reiterate, that we will not hesitate forming a parallel government, if the 2015 election are rigged either by the use of security agencies (police or military) to harass, intimidate and cajole voters or through the use of a compromise Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC).”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/apc-insists-itll-form-parallel-govt-election-rigged/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by waternogeteneny: 11:04am On Jan 05, 2015
Dat should not be a problem since Nigeria will be no more in 2015. One Gov for Yoruba and HAUSA. Buhari and Osinbajo

Another Gov for SS and SE, with GEJ as President and Peter Obi as vice. Full resource control no subsidy. grin

GEJ till 2019

137 Likes 9 Shares

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:04am On Jan 05, 2015
No problem but we wan see d certificate. Tondafaya devul.

That sweet moment when u make front page on APC based thread, e dey ToTori body aswear.. grin grin

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 05, 2015
If election is adjudged to be won by any candidate, I will accept the result irrespective of who is declared winner. If any party have reason(s) to believe that it was rigged, it will be civil and democratic for them to go to court. Alternative or parallel government is an invitation to chaos. I barcanista and my family will never be a part of such.

Sai Buhari 2015

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by koboko69: 11:09am On Jan 05, 2015
barcanista:
If election is adjudged to be won by any candidate, I will accept the result irrespective of who is declared winner. If any party have reason(s) to believe that it was rigged, it will be civil and democratic for them to go to court. Alternative or parallel government is an invitation to chaos. I barcanista and my family will never be a part of such.
Sai Buhari 2015

Bro no court will squash an already announced presidential result in the Nigeria we all know. I think that will cause more up roar than a parallel government that does not necessarily mean violence.

26 Likes

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Brightology2(m): 11:10am On Jan 05, 2015
Na mouth dem dey jare.dey try with boko haram n kidnap of chibok gals,9ja still dey kamkpe.no shaking.na we dey here,na we get here.

16 Likes

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by SeverusSnape(m): 11:11am On Jan 05, 2015
There will be nothing like parallel government; A clear winner will emerge. No two ways about it. Are they already conceding defeat??

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by gab264(m): 11:11am On Jan 05, 2015
Let the prayer of parrallel government be answerd by God and all his twenty four elders amen....and i pledge to biafra my country to be faithful.....

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Sylvarresta(m): 11:12am On Jan 05, 2015
Since one fat fool too don talk say if Jonah no win there will be war, so de too can drop deir threat too

1 Like

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 05, 2015
waternogeteneny:
Dat should not be a problem since Nigeria will be no more in 2015. One Gov for Yoruba and HAUSA. Buhari and Osinbajo

Another Gov for SS and SE, with GEJ as President and Peter Obi as vice. Full resource control no subsidy. grin

This your nonsense still follow yu enter 2015?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 05, 2015
Unfortunately, I had expected much from the opposition in terms of both Maturity and Capacity to use Propaganda to exploit every opportunity exposed by PDP's obvious distraction from the voice of Nigerians.. instead APC is towing the line of intimidation and the threat of violence - not unlike GMB... alas her true nature is slowing coming to the surface

54 Likes 9 Shares

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by alabiyemmy(m): 11:15am On Jan 05, 2015
Now who is jittery?

5 Likes

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by gratiaeo(m): 11:18am On Jan 05, 2015
THE LIST OF APC APOSTLES OF CHANGE
THE APC GUBERNATORIAL FLAG - BEARERS:
(1) SOKOTO - Aminu WaziriTambuwal (former PDP)
(2) KEBBI - Abubakar Atiku Bagudu(former PDP)
(3) KATSINA - Aminu Bello Masari(former PDP)
(4) KANO - Umar Abdullahi Ganduje (former PDP)
(5) KADUNA - Malam Nasir El-rufa'i(former PDP)
(6) JIGAWA - Alh. Abubakar Badaru(former PDP)
(7) BAUCHI - Barr. MuhammadAbubakar (former PDP)(cool GOMBE - Alh. Inuwa Yahya(former PDP)
(9) NIGER - Abubakar Bello Sani(former PDP)
(10) ADAMAWA - Umar JibrillaBindow (former PDP)
(11) PLATEAU - Mr Simon Lalong(former PDP)
(12) BENUE - Dr Samuel Ortom(former PDP)
(13) TARABA - Aisha JummaiAlhassan (former PDP)
(14) RIVERS - Dakuku Perterside(former PDP)
(15) IMO - Rochas Okorocha (former PDP)
(16) ENUGU - Okey Ezea (former PDP)
(17) ABIA - Dr Nyerere Anyim (former PDP)
(18) EBONYI - Dr Steve Egbo (former PDP)

NOTE ALSO THAT more than 60% of the State &
National Assembly Candidates are also all former
PDP members!
Let me not also forget to state that AUDU OGBE,
APC's chieftain was a former Chairman of PDP
(2001-2005).
Do I also need to mention Atiku Abubakar?
Or Rotimi Ameachi who was a PDP Speaker of
Rivers state Assembly for 8 Years then Governor
for 7 years?

87 Likes 12 Shares

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by dguyindcorner(m): 11:23am On Jan 05, 2015
barcanista:

Sai Buhari 2015

I don't support that too but sir let me remind you that there's no functional Court at least in Nigeria right now. what we have as judges are Lilliputians, they are all at the beck and call of President Jonathan. Recent happenings in Ekiti, House of assembly, IG Abba, launching of Obasanjo's book (my watch) etc. will give you a glimpse of what I'm saying.

GMB/OSINBAJO TILL 2023!!"

29 Likes

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Basildvalour(m): 11:30am On Jan 05, 2015
And what type of election will ever be considered free and fair in Nigeria by the opposition party? I doubt if there be any

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 05, 2015
dguyindcorner:

I don't support that too but sir let me remind you that there's no functional Court at least in Nigeria right now. what we have as judges are Lilliputians, they are all at the beck and call of President Jonathan. Recent happenings in Ekiti, House of assembly, IG Abba, launching of Obasanjo's book (my watch) etc. will give you a glimpse of what I'm saying.

GMB/OSINBAJO TILL 2023!!"

I don't agree with this Sir with all due respect. Any society that disregards its court is doom bound. The job of the court is not to prosecute, it only pass judgement when cases are brought before it based on evidence presented. The Ekiti, IGP Abba and Obj's cases I think they all are in court. The court have procedures and its judgement can be challenged by a higher court. The Judge will only pass judgement base on what is presented by the litigant and defendant. In 2010 defunct AC got her mandate in Osun and Ekiti through the court, same with Oshiomole (2008) and Mimiko of ondo. It is unfair to disregard the court and expect a civil society.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 05, 2015
voltron:
Unfortunately, I had expected much from the opposition in terms of both Maturity and Capacity to use Propaganda to exploit every opportunity exposed by PDP's obvious distraction from the voice of Nigerians.. instead APC is towing the line of intimidation and the threat of violence - not unlike GMB... alas her true nature is slowing coming to the surface
When did Buhari threaten the country?

6 Likes

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by gratiaeo(m): 11:35am On Jan 05, 2015
barcanista:

Sai Buhari 2015
God bless for this comment. Nigeria is bigger than Buhari and GEJ.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by koboko69: 11:42am On Jan 05, 2015
voltron:
una never tire for this una propaganda. where and when did Buhari threaten violence undecided

5 Likes

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by dguyindcorner(m): 11:44am On Jan 05, 2015
barcanista:
I don't agree with this Sir with all due respect. An society that disregards its court is doom bound. The job of the court is not to prosecute, it only pass judgement when cases are brought before it based on evidence presented. The Ekiti, IGP Abba and Obj's cases I think they all are in court. The court have procedures and its judgement can be challenged by a higher court. The Judge will only pass judgement base on what is presented by the litigant and defendant. In 2010 defunct AC got her mandate in Osun and Ekiti through the court, same with Oshiomole (2008) and Mimiko of ondo. It is unfair to disregard the court and expect a civil society.

Note that all that happened before 2011. It's whatever GEJ blows into their trumpet that they will voice out.

A court that summons but the person summoned never shows up. A court that individuals no longer regard because they believe a President at their back is higher than the Law and the Court.

May God help us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by waternogeteneny: 11:46am On Jan 05, 2015
barcanista:
This your nonsense still follow yu enter 2015?

Bro nothing do u sir... Na market we dey so. grin

8 Likes

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by johncreek: 11:48am On Jan 05, 2015
Story for the gods
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 05, 2015
waternogeteneny:

Bro nothing do u sir... Na market we dey so. grin
Ur Jonathan na bad product grin

1 Like

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Boscojugunu(m): 11:51am On Jan 05, 2015
Am in support
Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by LRNZH(m): 11:53am On Jan 05, 2015
Everyone has spoken.

Middle Belt Forum, Redeemed Church, Catholic Church, Ohanaeze, APGA, Niger Delta Youths.

GEJ back to Otueke or UniPort.

7 Likes

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Brimmie(m): 11:54am On Jan 05, 2015
There's nothing wrong with the statement. The question is; Are they (PDP) planning to Rig?? If No, then no cause for alarm.

Change!! Dole Ne!!

12 Likes

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 05, 2015
If a court summons you and you don't show up, the judge may further extend the summon before issuing warrant of arrest. Even at that, it is the litigant that will pray to the judge to do that.like I said, the court inly act based on what is brought before it. It is not the business of the judge to investigate or prosecute
dguyindcorner:

Note that all that happened before 2011. It's whatever GEJ blows into their trumpet that they will voice out.

A court that summons but the person summoned never shows up. A court that individuals no longer regard because they believe a President at their back is higher than the Law and the Court.

May God help us.

4 Likes

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by waternogeteneny: 11:57am On Jan 05, 2015
barcanista:
Ur Jonathan na bad product grin

Na buhari go bury Naija, the guy is worst than u can imagine.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Brimmie(m): 11:58am On Jan 05, 2015
LRNZH:
Everyone has spoken.

Middle Belt Forum, Redeemed Church, Catholic Church, Ohanaeze, APGA, Niger Delta Youths.

GEJ back to Otueke or UniPort.

As-in!! Everything is happening so fast. The GEJ Camp are so confused. The Certificate propaganda is dying. Before the end of this week, they 'ld probably dish out another trash for their trolls to feed on.

Me I'm enjoying the show sha! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by MayorofLagos(m): 12:06pm On Jan 05, 2015
barcanista:

Sai Buhari 2015

What is the court's performance record in delivering fair and unbiased judgement in the cases brought before it in past presidential elections, going as far back as June 12th?

In a working democracy and an orderly society efforts are not spent on a contingency for breakdown of law and order. We live in a chaotic society and part of the change we are dogmatically expecting is a restoration of order, sanity and accountability into society.

People's choice must be respected. If it is not we must resolve to force a revolutionry change. We might end up in a parallel socirty - an orderly one led by APC, a disorderly one championed by PDP.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by dguyindcorner(m): 12:06pm On Jan 05, 2015
barcanista:
If a court summons you and you don't show up, the judge may further extend the summon before issuing warrant of arrest. Even at that, it is the litigant that will pray to the judge to do that.like I said, the court inly act based on what is brought before it. It is not the business of the judge to investigate or prosecute

In all you have written thus far, are you insinuating we have a competent court?

1 Like

Re: APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 05, 2015
barcanista:
When did Buhari threaten the country?

What does establishing a parallel goverment mean. Even if it is mistranslated or misinterpreted by the off chance? Coup, Treason etc.. is that not a veiled threat even if i am being modest.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Campaigns For Tinubu, Akpabio In Essien Udim, Akwa Ibom State / Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects / See The Task APC Gave Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.