Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons (4015 Views)

Joe Abah Complains About His Innoson SUV Is Giving Him Wahala / Political Thugs Arrested With Charms And Weapons In Akwa Ibom (photos) / Touching Photo Of A Nigerian Soldier Praying Before Battle With Boko Haram(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by omanifrank(m): 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2015
[center][img]http://1.bp..com/-L2RGi0Uh0pc/VKqMB5RnoyI/AAAAAAAEOuY/ONa6_s7IKBY/s280/00.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-p-UdmuaE0l8/VKqMDew-MhI/AAAAAAAEOug/l_7Ube2NYmw/s1600/aa.png[/img][/center]

A Nigerian soldier serving in Borno state took to his twitter account to express his anger over poor welfare and weapons given to Nigerian soldiers who are currently at war with Boko Haram members.

He also called out the Nigerian Defence spokesperon, Gen. Olukolade.

See the tweets after the cut...

[center][img]http://2.bp..com/-JO7cg6VsuD8/VKqMEZ9manI/AAAAAAAEOuo/CH_Wgtp-_iI/s1600/a.png[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-jMeGynKM5A0/VKqMFX3ykJI/AAAAAAAEOuw/rG1U2Szx7J4/s1600/b.png[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-HIjIWJaSOWY/VKqMGB9ySOI/AAAAAAAEOu4/HMHISCNGqyE/s1600/c.png[/img][/center]

source .com/forum/showtopic.php?id=6571

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by slimfit1(m): 2:22pm On Jan 05, 2015
Boy resign abeg if your country no want help you don't die for nothing this country is not worth it anymore I'm sorry. Look at him no bullet proof vest and you expect him to wait to take bullet on his chest on our behalf in don't think so.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by laimo(m): 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
Let's remove Jonathan and his cabal.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by zubby29(m): 2:35pm On Jan 05, 2015
i keep saying it gej is playing wit dis issue called boko pigs,sacrificing our security men on d alter of politics,corruption(odinery stealing) is d oder of d day in d in d military and yet some folks will say gej till 1860,lets us for once asked our self dos dis man deserv another 1yr talk less of 4yrs,put religion and ethnicity aside,b true to yourself

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2015
zubby29:
i keep saying it gej is playing wit dis issue called boko pigs,sacrificing our security men on d alter of politics,corruption(odinery stealing) is d oder of d day in d in d military and yet some folks will say gej till 1860,lets us for once asked our self dos dis man deserv another 1yr talk less of 4yrs,put religion and ethnicity aside,b true to yourself

You should probably go back to school. Trained soldiers allowed themselves to be overrun by a bunch of illiterate men, and you are blaming the president.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 05, 2015
slimfit1:
Boy resign abeg if your country no want help you don't die for nothing this country is not worth it anymore I'm sorry. Look at him no bullet proof vest and you expect him to wait to take bullet on his chest on our behalf in don't think so.

You are an idiiot.

How many bullet proof vests do boko-haram members wear?

All Nigerian troops in the field get issued with bulletproof vests, you should ask the soldier were boko-haram keeps getting resupplied and armoured personnel carriers from?

Cowards keep getting their bases overrun, and you have the audacity to blame the president.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by omanifrank(m): 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2015
Henry120:

You are an idiiot.

All Nigerian troops in the field get issued with bulletproof vests, you should ask the soldier were boko-haram keeps getting resupplied and armoured personnel carriers from?

Cowards keep getting their bases overrun, and you have the audacity to blame the president.
God bless ur kid jare...nor mind that guy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by zubby29(m): 2:51pm On Jan 05, 2015
i know you are a phd holder,but can i ask u a little ? can u defeat a man with a gun while armed with a cutlass.i lost a dear friend in borno,a second lt,stop decieving urself,dos boko pigs are well armed and motivated dan our nig troops,continue lying with ur phd to urself
Henry120:

You should probably go back to school. Trained soldiers allowed themselves to be overrun by a bunch of illiterate men, and you are blaming the president.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by LRNZH(m): 2:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
And they want to assassinate 54 soldiers.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by atlwireles: 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2015
Another fake rubbish from the no school certificate crowd. Please tell your general to produce the certificate that earned him entrance into the army in 1962.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by wheredemdey: 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
Fakest news ever...i suspect the opposition just cloned this soldiers account to talk rubbish about olukolade and GEJ.

No right thinking well trained nigerian soldier will come online and talk with so much impunity...never

Pls FEB 2015 should just come and go..lets all regain our sanity.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by lacasa: 2:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
The more reason why we need a President wt an impeccable military background to flush bokoharam off d face of d earth as was done to the maitatsine insurgency

Vote and support General Buhari

Vote out Incompetence

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by LRNZH(m): 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2015
Henry120:

You are an idiiot.

Bro, this my comment is not due to political reasons but just think am..

Do you know that during the Boko Haram attack of Maiduguri Barracks at night early last year, according to a soldier, they discovered that their bulletproof vests are fake?
Soldiers were being killed left right and center by bullets piercing trough the vests. He called them 'China vests'.
He also narrated how Boko Haram fighters had night vision goggles but Nigeran soldiers did not have. See slaughtering!

Please do not suppress the truth. People's lives depend on it.

Now. Politics resumes.

GMB 2015

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 05, 2015
zubby29:
i know you are a phd holder,but can i ask u a little ? can u defeat a man with a gun while armed with a cutlass.i lost a dear friend in borno,a second lt,stop decieving urself,dos boko pigs are well armed and motivated dan our nig troops,continue lying with ur phd to urself

What do you think the Army is? You think people join the army to bully civilians only?

Nigeria does not operate a conscripts military, when you join the military you should carry out your duties, as you aren't forced to be there.

Nigerian troops were, have and never will be poorly equipped than boko-haram. They have always had the advantage over the enemy. The federal government has and continues to invest in the military.

What do Nigerian troops need to defeat illiterates, I bet if they are giving nuclear weapons they would still complain of a lack of equipment.

Have you asked yourself, where does boko-haram get the T-55, Steyr 4K FA, Otokar cobra, Mowag piranha, Streit MK3, type 88, boxes of ammo they field in their numerous propaganda videos?

You think they magically fall from heaven?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 05, 2015
These soldiers are going through hell,while some Ogas on top are feeding fat from the funds which were meant for weapons procurement.
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by dre11(m): 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2015
I just hope this soldiers knows that if he is
found

Nah death by firing squad because the military wants to suppress the truth about what is going on

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by zubby29(m): 3:06pm On Jan 05, 2015
you are suppose to b answerin all dis ? not me or u can ask gej.i tot u know bettr.
Henry120:

What do you think the Army is? You think people join the army to bully civilians only?

Nigeria does operate a conscripts military, when you join the military you should carry out your duties, as you aren't forced to be there.

Nigerian troops were, have and never will be poorly equipped than boko-haram. They have always had the advantage over the enemy. The federal government has and continues to invest in the military.

What do Nigerian troops need to defeat illiterates, I bet if they are giving nuclear weapons they would still complain of a lack of equipment.

Have you asked yourself, where does boko-haram get the T-55, Steyr 4K FA, Otokar cobra, Mowag piranha, Streit MK3, type 88, boxes of ammo they field in their numerous propaganda videos?

You think they magically fall from heaven?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
LRNZH:

Bro, this my comment is not due to political reasons but just think am..

Do you know that during the Boko Haram attack of Maiduguri Barracks at night early last year, according to a soldier, they discovered that their bulletproof vests are fake?
Soldiers were being killed left right and center by bullets piercing trough the vests. He called them 'China vests'.
He also narrated how Boko Haram fighters had night vision goggles but Nigeran soldiers did not have. See slaughtering!

Please do not suppress the truth. People's lives depend on it.

Now. Politics resumes.

GMB 2015

You claim it isn't a political statement, but you just couldn't help inserting political chants undecided

The manufacturer of N.A's bullet proof vest is the same manufacturer that supplies the Israeli army with their own vests.

Marom is a respected and well known vest manufacturer. They manufacture N.A vests in partnership with DICON in kaduna. DICON-Marom vests. When the army complained, the showed the army their quality control measures.

70% of the bulletproof vests Nigerian soldiers carry are made in Nigeria, by a respected Israeli company in partnership with DICON.

Boko-haram members do not wear Night vision goggles. Nigerian troops also have access to Night vision goggles, yes it doesn't go far enough but it isn't enough reason to get your bases continually overrun by the enemy. In essence we are resuppling boko-haram.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Sylvarresta(m): 3:22pm On Jan 05, 2015
And de go soon call his right mutiny and send him to his death, just for asking for his right.... Na thunder go fire FG

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by LRNZH(m): 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2015
Henry120:

You claim it isn't a political statement, but you just couldn't help inserting political chants undecided

The manufacturer of N.A's bullet proof vest is the same manufacturer that supplies the Israeli army with their own vests.

Marom is a respected and well known vest manufacturer. They manufacture N.A vests in partnership with DICON in kaduna. DICON-Marom vests. When the army complained, the showed the army their quality control measures.

That's the official manuacturer no doubt.

But fake ones can get into the system as well.

Why do you speak like it is not possible to bring in cheaper, substandard or fake vests trough the backdoor and claim they're the real Marom? In Nigeria.

Anyway that is the soldier's tale I gave you. Do not attack the soldier as it is a matter of life and death. If you are wrong and he is right, you are unwittingly supporting murder.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Sylvarresta(m): 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2015
Henry120:

You are an idiiot.

NA cowards?? U need to go to the hospital for brain damage, do u tink bunches of cowards can become best LAND SOLDIER... Abeg leave sentiment apart, join NA if u tink dis guys are cowards and go and fight boko boys... Brave simpleton

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
Sylvarresta:
NA cowards?? U need to go to the hospital for brain damage, do u tink bunches of cowards can become best LAND SOLDIER... Abeg leave sentiment apart, join NA if u tink dis guys are cowards and go and fight boko boys... Brave simpleton

Your best land soldier keeps getting his base overrun by a bunch of ill-trained illiterates. How's that for best land forces?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Guidette(f): 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
Henry120:

You are an idiiot.

Cowards? Are you serious? If you have or know anyone in the army, you would not talk this way. You sit behind your computer or phone and write nonsense while our brave soldiers are being slaughtered by a ragtag militia that should not have existed past 2011. If not for the president and his corrupt cabinet, why should we be having the same problem of unequipped soldiers with respect to Boko Haram even after TRILLIONS of naira has been supposedly spent to equip them? Who is lying? The president or soldiers? Or does Boko Haram have a bigger budget than our army?
These are questions you should ask instead of castigating anyone who is against GEJ. The amount of brevity those soldiers have in one strand of hair is 10 times greater than you will ever have in your lifetime.

GMB 2015.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
LRNZH:

Why do you speak like it is not possible to bring in cheaper, substandard or fake vests trough the backdoor and claim they're the real Marom? In Nigeria.

Anyway that is the soldier's tale I gave you. Do not attack the soldier as it is a matter of life and death. If you are wrong and he is right, you are unwittingly supporting murder.

Shalom

When presented with the facts, you claim "fake ones can get into the system". The manufacturer has his firm's reputation to protect. Like I showed you, Marom isn't a tin-pot defence manufacturer.

Wearing a bulletproof vest doesn't mean you can't be killed by a bullet. There are no guarantees, just probabilities.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Sylvarresta(m): 3:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
Henry120:

Your best land soldier keeps getting his base overran by a bunch of ill-trained illiterates. How's that for best land forces?
Ask ur clueless president

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Sylvarresta(m): 3:41pm On Jan 05, 2015
Guidette:

Cowards? Are you serious? If you have or know anyone in the army, you would not talk this way. You sit behind your computer or phone and write nonsense while our brave soldiers are being slaughtered by a ragtag militia that should not have existed past 2011. If not for the president and his corrupt cabinet, why should we be having the same problem of unequipped soldiers with respect to Boko Haram even after TRILLIONS of naira has been supposedly spent to equip them? Who is lying? The president or soldiers? Or does Boko Haram have a bigger budget than our army?
These are questions you should ask instead of castigating anyone who is against GEJ. The amount of brevity those soldiers have in one strand of hair is 10 times greater than you will ever have in your lifetime.

GMB 2015.
Don't mind the slowpoke

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Mexyz(m): 5:03pm On Jan 05, 2015
No soldier will dare come out and type this with the rate at which they are being court martialed these days. I will take this as one of those propagandas from opposition party.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2015
Guidette:

GMB 2015.

You know, you ranting won't un-overrun an already overran baga, or Gwoza, bama, dikwa, buni yadi et al.

Here is the question you should be asking, why would a soldier who has access to these be complaining of under-equipment

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by LRNZH(m): 5:11pm On Jan 05, 2015
LRNZH:

Shalom

Henry120:

When presented with the facts, you claim "fake ones can get into the system". The manufacturer has his firm's reputation to protect. Like I showed you, Marom isn't a tin-pot defence manufacturer.

Wearing a bulletproof vest doesn't mean you can't be killed by a bullet. There are no guarantees, just probabilities.

Jisos Kristi of Otueke!!!

I disagree that my point completely flew over your head. shocked

Marom is a contractor. It is not the Nigeria Army.
Contractor delivers vests to Army, Army in turn shares to soldiers.
My comments about fake ones getting into the system is in the Army to soldier part of the vest transfer.
It is easy to claim a contract money for 10,000 body vests and order for only 5,000 from Marom. Then make up the shortfall of 5,000 with cheaper fake vests from China. Someone has made money sharply.

Na Naija we wey o. What is all the high level coruption in the Miliary top brass you have been hearing about?

Abeg no make me dey explain simple things to you.
No form sharp guy just dey argue. You end up looking foolish.
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2015
Henry120:

You know, you ranting won't un-overrun an already overran baga, or Gwoza, bama, dikwa, buni yadi et al.

Here is the question you should be asking, why would a soldier who has access to these be complaining of under-equipment
I'm wondering what he needs a GPS for
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2015
Guidette:

GMB 2015.

Sweetheart ask the Nigerian soldier what he really wants?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
Guidette:

GMB 2015.

Sweery pie, they lack equipment?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plot To Postpone Election Thickens As FG Set to Announce Postponement soon. / What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ / See How A Biafran Celebrated His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.