Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings (41744 Views)

Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It / Amaechi Accuses Wike Of Squandering Over N40bn In Few Months / Why Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 06, 2015
See how silly Obasanjo is?...see how st.upid the janjawee.ds supporters and leaders are?

To simplify their voodoo reasoning: Obj and the APC nonen.tity on nairaland are saying a father with a wife and children who has a savings of 100,000 in the bank must not touch the savings even if the roof of his house he got from his own father that was not properly built has been destroyed.Past leaders who can be likened to GEJ father handed a house with leaking roof and poor foundation, now the clownish old grandpa Obj does not want infrastructures built but prefer the money to be in savings. $65b left and with the decay in infrastructure all over the country Obj and his kind left,he should be happy we still have $40B inspite of billions in building infrastructures all over the country

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by LaryBoy(m): 2:56am On Jan 06, 2015
Old fool... Is that not what you thought him Remove your eyes from his government let see if Nigeria will not make change.... Old fool like you..
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Eluwilussit(m): 3:10am On Jan 06, 2015
Ozin:
See how silly Obasanjo is?...see how st.upid the janjawee.ds supporters and leaders are?

To simplify their voodoo reasoning: Obj and the APC nonen.tity on nairaland are saying a father with a wife and children who has a savings of 100,000 in the bank must not touch the savings even if the roof of his house he got from his own father that was not properly built has been destroyed.Past leaders who can be likened to GEJ father handed a house with leaking roof and poor foundation, now the clownish old grandpa Obj does not want infrastructures built but prefer the money to be in savings. $65b left and with the decay in infrastructure all over the country Obj and his kind left,he should be happy we still have $40B inspite of billions in building infrastructures all over the country

Guy u make sense die. Your school fees no loss at all. There's still hope for naija after all.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by yuio33: 3:13am On Jan 06, 2015
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by azzima(m): 3:15am On Jan 06, 2015
NairalandOP:
I can see you and the mods are working hand in hand. Weldone.

Obasanjo please tell your fellow general to show us his certificates. We need a man of integrity not a man who lies under oath

[size=40pt]#BuhariShowYourCertificate[/size]
see how foolish some of us are. Someone is talking about how money that will ensure the future of yourself and children as Nigerians and you are here talking about some stupid certificate. Even if you are of a different party, can't you juSt think for a second . And I bet some of you are jobless and poor but still not pondering for a second the consequences of this report.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by xklucvG: 3:17am On Jan 06, 2015
Zzyzx92:

Baba mi, if anything happens to my Family, i will personally look for you, hunt you down and KILL you!......be wise!
You, your family would have being wiped out so no question of looking for me even myself may probably die in the struggle. You had better tell your people to do the needful and stop seeing Niger Delta as 1 small minority if they want peace we Niger Deltans and South South don't beg for peace we make peace happen. Your Obasanjo ruled for 8 years and left so Jonathan must complete his tenure. No point talking my advice is you can start moving your families to Benin Republic cos its about to get ugly.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 3:22am On Jan 06, 2015
Obj e speaklekwe
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 3:36am On Jan 06, 2015
Fellywood:

You took this out of my mouth my brother....But they wont know what will hit them after the polls. Their conspiracy will not work. Whom God has blessed, NO ONE can curse. What did obasanjo do during an-eight year rule...no roads, no light, no rail...NOTHING. No conspiracy will stop GEJ from returning.
And the hypocrite brings God into this mess. Do you tanoids have a little regard for God.?
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by ritux: 3:52am On Jan 06, 2015
We are all forgetting so quick how the governors forum under the leadership of Rotimi Amaechi put so much pressure on the present government to share the excess crude oil funds.

This was one of the major reasons the federal government caused confusion and dis-unity amongst them. Their power has been reduced which is good for our democracy.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Sheggy13(m): 3:52am On Jan 06, 2015
huptin:
A lot of questions need to be asked about how a country can save $67Billion dollars and pay up its debts when Oil price was hovering around $30 to $75, but the country's reserve suddenly got depleted to about $40Billion when the price of oil was selling far above $100Billion, yet we have borrowed more without any corresponding major infrastructure to show for it. GEJ's economic managers have a lot of explaining to do.
Some unintelligent Nigerians knowing all this hard truth will still come here and scream GEJ till 2019,when it's obvious his destiny is to bankrupt Nigeria as affirmed by Pastor Tunde Bakare some years back . Oil price was skyrocketing, instead of the goon and his so called coordinating minister of the economy to save up and plan for rainy days which was imminent, as it was all over the news that the US had been investing on alternative fuel sources like fracking. They were busy throwing money here and there on frivolities like allocating close to 1billion naira on feeding alone for the year. I call her so-called because she lacks foresight just like her principal. Did they ever think it would continue that way till eternity? Now they planned a stupid budget pegged at $65 per barrel for oil price when in actual fact oil price was $60 per barrel then, with an almost daily downward slide. Sahara reporters made an expose on this which I made a thread out of but I know the mods and admin here won't allow it see the light of the day. Now it's the workers that are to bare the brunt. Planning on massive retrenchment in the new year and not paying up salaries and arrears. Yet these same foolish governors who can't pay their civil servants were smiling at Abuja donating millions into the campaign fund of this goon, so they can continue bankrupting the country further for another 4 years. The kind of impunity that's been supervised by this regime is unheard of. Even Asari Dokubo, GEJ's right hand man in his moment of sober reflection-which only comes rarely (lol), had to cry out that it would be difficult for his principal to return based on his performance. OBJ knew he made a fatal error imposing GEJ on us, and his conscience is not allowing him rest. That's why every single attempt he gets, he tries to expose this sham of an administration to Nigerians. Nigerians think please. Let's get it right this time. Posterity won't forgive us if we squander this opportunity of repositioning this country for greatness again. OBJ, Mbaka and even Asari have all talked. Were they all sponsored? I'll leave you and I to be the judge.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:09am On Jan 06, 2015
austinvsb1:

Obj didn't impose anybody. All he did was give his unrivaled support to GEJ while he contested. We the electorates decided with our votes. Our president (current) is not the only government official in the world to have had a godfather root for him, Tinubu gave us fashola.

The real offense here is failing to live up to the very huge expectations of Nigerians. He has failed to secure our lives and properties and given our foods to the dogs while feeding us with bones. You can't blame obj for his failure. No one can be blamed for his cluelessness.

Now that everyone sees GEJ for what he is, 'a failure', his 2011 supporters and fans including myself are left with nothing but the choice to correct the mistakes we made back then. That is what obj is trying to do. He didn't expect this level of incompetence, no one did.

Thank you very much. I always get irritated each time anyone talks about Obasanjo imposed Jonathan or whoever on us. Obasanjo supported jonathan in 2011 elections just like majority of us who voted for him but the truth is nobody expected this level of gross incompetence. Only enemies of this country would prefer present situation. I would rather close my eyes and vote for the devil himself than to vote for jonathan !

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by rexzqcom(m): 4:21am On Jan 06, 2015
This is a salvo by OBJ.
True spirit of accountability and transparency
required due diligence response with itemized records of projects and approximate associated costs. So that credible pictures of where these resources went can be envisioned.
Total savings of all inflow is redundant, as time value of money reduces it purchasing power.
Wise use of funds as per investments, increases wealth and trickles down to all fibre of society through activities generation. However, citizens must be informed of the cost benefits of projects.

The ball is in the administration's court right now. Name a project completed, cost, expected cost recovery periods, and return on the investment.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by curfew: 4:35am On Jan 06, 2015
who is better, the man who piles up money while every infrastructure has decayed or the man who invests in rebuilding collapsed facilities. gej may be dumb, but that old ota primate is completely useless.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by legendsilver(m): 4:45am On Jan 06, 2015
Ozin:

Not until I see you physically to know you are a corrupt person.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Drmaverick: 4:47am On Jan 06, 2015
With the price of oil world wide still shaky and dropping, some corporations are still in the business of making money....and i can say business is still good smiley.This is the list of the 10 biggest companies. "You will see understand the meaning of Arab money"

10. Kuwait Petrol Corporation – 3.2 million barrels per day
9. Chevron – 3.5 million barrels per day
8. Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex) – 3.6 million barrels per day
7. Royal Dutch Shell – 3.9 million barrels per day
6. BP – 4.1 million barrels per day
5. PetroChina – 4.4 million barrels per day
4. ExxonMobil – 5.3 million barrels per day

complete article: http://targetdex..com/2015/01/biggest-oil-gas-companies-in-world.html

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by emmiekwu(m): 4:50am On Jan 06, 2015
Obj and GEJ are fools
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by musiwa97: 4:51am On Jan 06, 2015
Obasanjo did not leave $40 billion. It is not true, it was a lie. Oil companies pay royalties
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 4:56am On Jan 06, 2015
curfew:
who is better, the man who piles up money while every infrastructure has decayed or the man who invests in rebuilding collapsed facilities. gej may be dumb, but that old ota primate is completely useless.

God bless you... this is exactly my point! Keep the Billions in savings and keep the decay infrastructure? or spend part of the billions and have beautiful sound infrastructure that can guarantee investors coming into the country? What does one expect from the supporters of a General without basic academic qualification, if not to reason like the dictator himself who think he can stabilize the price of world crude oil

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Jwonder(m): 4:57am On Jan 06, 2015
Hmmm.. Premiunm times naa una sabi ooh!

GEJ 2015 till obj show us what he accomplished while in government
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 4:58am On Jan 06, 2015
legendsilver:

Not until I see you physically to know you are a corrupt person.

You have not said anything

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 4:59am On Jan 06, 2015
Ozin:

A billion likes
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 5:03am On Jan 06, 2015
u can a help a man to get a job but can't help him to do it.Same is d case with gej. Remember Saul was appointed and rejected by GOD following HIS disobedience.The electorates in Nigeria must unanimously vote out Gej and send him back to otuoke.QED
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 5:15am On Jan 06, 2015
Another cogent reason to send the clueless klepto & cohorts back 2 da creeks asap! #change2015!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by musiwa97: 5:15am On Jan 06, 2015
After 10 years of obasanjo, now some people in ogun state have not learn anything. Osibanjo ko, osibanjo no.

I am telling you the correct thing,

[img]http://cnewthings.files./2010/01/img_8041.jpg[/img]
[img]http://go2net.files./2012/04/img_8830.jpg[/img]
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=abeokuta&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmobile.ztopics.com%2FAbeokuta%2F&ei=uWCrVNqEJ4mFyQSxtoGoAw&bvm=bv.82001339,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNGgNLODfDKkcoHxxKJdeXIX1Khw1A&ust=1420603390150780
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by osebe: 5:17am On Jan 06, 2015
OBJ should please spare us with unverifiable claims.These days,there's a complete sync between OBJ's utterances and those of Alhaji Lai Mohammed,the APC spokesperson. Does OBJ think that Nigerian's have such a short memory as to forget how he nearly emptied the national treasury to the lawmakers in his desperate quest for an unconstitutional third term in office? Was it not under OBJ that bags of money meant to induce lawmakers to impeach a political enemy were displayed in the House of Representatives? Or is it not the same OBJ whose own daughter described as the most corrupt person in the country? #GEJtill2019

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by kgr8mike(m): 5:41am On Jan 06, 2015
Obasanjo has no business being outside the prison walls. OBJ should be sent to jail. That is where he belongs .. He has done more harm to our common sence than good. His kind of politics is outdated. GEJ should have opened his books and sent this mr urgly to jail. ( and be accused of Bittting the finger that feed him but have peace) Since he did not do it , Buhari over to you. We want to see OBJ exposed as corrupt.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by naijaspeak(m): 5:44am On Jan 06, 2015
[size=20pt]Jonathan failure or refusal to prosecute corrupt public office holders in Nigeria has led to the high level of corruption in Nigeria. Now the price of petroluem our source of revenue earner has fallen in the international market putting Nigeria in a tight financial situation.

We must impose the death penalty or long jail term for corrupt persons and make such public officer loose his or her assets to the states.

Take for example, Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta state. This man did nothing for the past 8 years in Delta state as a governor. There is no tangible infrastructure one can attribute to his name. He is now attempting to retire and enjoy public money.

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by musb92yahooco: 5:57am On Jan 06, 2015
Jonathan we no want u again na by force

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by PassingShot(m): 5:58am On Jan 06, 2015
ziccoit:
Honestly GEJ misdemeanor in power has overshadowed whatever evils OBJ might have committed during his time.

Gbam. You just nailed everything in one sentence!
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Lexusgs430: 6:00am On Jan 06, 2015
Going by past precedents, the incumbent always returns to power.
The only time we would have a free and fair election, is when INEC is totally independently funded and appointments free from Presidential nod !!!!!!!
The morale of my rant, Feb 14th would/shall be rigged !!!!
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by jaybee3(m): 6:00am On Jan 06, 2015
musiwa97:
After 10 years of obasanjo, now some people in this ogun state have not learn anything. Osibanjo ko, osibanjo no.

I am telling you the correct thing

You dey craze?
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by ibisko04: 6:01am On Jan 06, 2015
coolhamid:
Though we would all agree that Jonathan has failed us but obasanjo imposed him on us .He has no right to blame Jonathan .
You are wrong, Obasanjo is the best man to blame Jonathan. As fathers , our prayers is for our children to surpass us in the good deeds of life. No father want to see his children not doing well and want to keep quiet.
If Obasajo is the one that imposed Jonathan on us as you said, then he has the right to points out when Jonathan is getting out of tune.
Because the father failed to make it in life, must he now keep quiet when the children are failing.
Obasanjo is in the best position to correct Jonathan as a former occupier's of that same office, as an elder in the land and as godfather.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Video: The Moment Crowd Overpowered Securities At The Gate APC Rally Lagos / Osinbajo, Others Attend Pastor Dare Adeboye's Night Of Worship And Tribute / Akwa Ibom Residents Celebrate Umana Over Appeal Court Ruling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.