Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings (41749 Views)

Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It / Amaechi Accuses Wike Of Squandering Over N40bn In Few Months / Why Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by onatisi(m): 8:46am On Jan 06, 2015
This same obj who was imposing criminals and fraudsters as governors ,ministers and senators, who looted the nations treasury when he was the president, is now the same person asking nigerians to vote and chose people of intergrity into political offices. Nigerians will never learn the antics of nigerian politicians .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 06, 2015
phlame:

@bolded... Very stupid comment....
Ur father yansh!
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 06, 2015
phlame:

Ur father yansh! Quote me again and die young
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Pius007: 9:07am On Jan 06, 2015
I still insist on "Top-Bottom Approach" to cure this mess tagged corruption in Nigeria.Though Obj was not a perfect leader but he saved for rainy days, reduced drastically the country debt and economy was better then.I will support change.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by ogene007: 9:08am On Jan 06, 2015
OBJ is just seeking for attention. There is no war that is cheap, go and ask US about the two wars they fought in the middle esst and its effects on their economy till date.The enemies of freedom of worship, saudi arabia, sudan and their APC Jihadists, who are providing covert support to BH should be held responsible for the depletion of the excess crude account. Atleast, GEJ despite all the sabotage against the war against BH, both from within and outside the country, has prevented Nigeria from becoming the new Iraq and Afganistan where the ISIS and Taliban are virtually threatening to take over the seat of the central government in Bagdad and Kabul. The Jihadists and the naive suporters like OBJ and APC leaders should realise that they are playing a very dangerous game with the unity of Nigeria.If they ghink that they will relocate to saudi arabia, like Idi Amin, when the crisis they are trying to incite breaks out, we can assure them that there will be no hiding place for them anywhere on the face of the earth.The Jihadists who have followed up with their threat of making the nation ungovernable should understand that the niger delta has more than the means to ensure that, should the Jihadists succeed in their plan to take over the country, they will not have any country to govern.This is why all genuine patriots should call the likes of OBJ to order, in his recent hobby of faning the embers of discord.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by eyoniggar(m): 9:40am On Jan 06, 2015
Fellow Nigerians, I mean the ones that are wailing for the imminent change that we all need, what if jolantan loses by vote count and Inec declares him winner at the same time? Wetin go happen? But I pray for this my dear country that the hands and influence of evil will not prevail come declaration day.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by ogene007: 9:49am On Jan 06, 2015
GenBuhari:
What do you mean? Buhari has been Head of State before and we know he can kill corruption and revive the economy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_j5lcsDhfo&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK9WjHW14Wmbe6K7F7pL7Y4V&index=39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyTMMoh7xUQ&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK9WjHW14Wmbe6K7F7pL7Y4V&index=3

Please, stop being naive and delusional on this issue of corruption.The hausa/fulani foisted on the whole country a corrupt constitution which ensures that the big thieves will ultimately get away. They also ensured that is is virtually impossible to amend that dubious document inorder to protect their stranglehold on nigeria.They are not interested in fiscal federalism and the efficient running of NNPC, PHCN, with the later on previously being privatised by GEJ purely due to his doggedness to see the process through. Experts on the 1999 constitution know that nigeria is presently being controlled from Kano state, that is why the PIB bill which is meant to amongst other things, clean up NNPC, has not been passed. The hausa/fulani are not interested in passing the asset forfeiture bill, which will definetly deal with corruption. So, stop all these APC jingle oh GMB coming to fight corruption because his hausa/fulani kinsmen are the biggest beneficiaries of the corrupt 1999 constitution. You can start by trying to find out the owners of majority of tbe oil blocs in the country, and why there are 44 local governments in kano state alone. Also find out the percentage of hausa/fulani in NNPC and other juicy government parastatals, and the fact that fir tbe firdt time in decades, GEJ led FG is trying to balance things to reflect federal character everywhere including the military. After analysing these points, you will now understand that the primary reason GMB is trying to come to power is to halt the restructuring being carried out by GEJ, and return nigeria to status quo, which is the hausa/fulani domination of the entire country which ghey intend to do for the next 300 years.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by babaagba1000: 9:57am On Jan 06, 2015
Sometime I wonder if its old age or just simple stupidity is OBJ's problem...see pot calling kettle black. so sad that an elder will shamelessly be pointing fingers.....when he is one of the nations issues..so sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by naso2(m): 10:26am On Jan 06, 2015
Baba and mischief are just inseparable.

The legality of ECA was always being challenged by the states . There was simply no constitutional backing for it. When Yar adua came in with the view to respecting the rule of law, money had to be gradually shared between the different tiers of government. The "progressive" governors were the most vocal on the need to give them (their states) their share.

OBJ is one man that refused to release Lagos state funds even after the supreme court had stated that it was illegal to hold on to the allocation. If someone like this calls another man weak, then you know what he means.

The then CJ of the federation said in one of his later interviews that he wished there was a clause in the constitution to empower him to send OBJ to prison for disobeying decisions of even the highest court in the land.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Anglovel: 10:49am On Jan 06, 2015
huptin:
A lot of questions need to be asked about how a country can save $67Billion dollars and pay up its debts when Oil price was hovering around $30 to $75, but the country's reserve suddenly got depleted to about $40Billion when the price of oil was selling far above $100 per barrel yet we have borrowed more without any corresponding major infrastructure to show for it. GEJ's economic managers have a lot of explaining to do.

NOBODY EVEN BOTHERS TO MENTION D COLLOSSAL PILLIAGE OF OUR COMMONWEALTH BY SENATORS,HON REP MEMBERS,SOME UNPRODUCTIVE GOVERNORS,ET ALL
REMEMBER SLS POINTED TEN FINGERS AT D NASS SENATORS & REPS BT DEY ALL REBELED AGST ANY PROBE INTO DIA BUDGET,RECKLESS SPENDING ETC

WHY CANT SOMEONE SEE FOR ONCE DAT D REAL CULPRITS ARE D "HON SENATORS AND REPRESENTATIVES" WHO U ALL VOTED IN TO REPRESENT U......
D MISSING FUNDS ARE WELL PROTECTED IN DIA SWISS, UAE,A/C "COUNTRYHOMES SAFES"

WISE UP PEOPLE....DONT BE MISLED BY BITTER PAST LEADERS/ POLITICIANS.....CHECK OUT D ASSESTS,ESTATES,CONGLOMERATES OF THESE GUYS...WAS IT FRM DIA SALARIES??
STOP CASTIGATING D PRESIDENT,
HE IS D POOREST OF DEM ALL!

OPEN AND SHINE UR EYES PLSSSSSS!
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by onatisi(m): 10:58am On Jan 06, 2015
Obj has lost relevance in today's nigeria politics . He craves for attention. Ogun state pdp no longer reckons with him,the national office of pdp no longer reckons with him,the presidency has cut him loose. It is now he is hosting market women and iya lojas. Very soon he will be hosting nurtw and mechanics. Oh obj ,how great thou hath fallen.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by phlame(m): 11:31am On Jan 06, 2015
temmy16:

Ur father yansh! Quote me again and die young

I'm just gonna ignore U because judging by ur pics below U are obviously a frustrated, ugly old B*I*T*C*H...

And to think that U even called OBJ Ugly... SMH

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Freiburger(m): 11:38am On Jan 06, 2015
philips70:

Nigerians are dying daily in different hospitals. Around 90% of them die from ailments that good health care system would have saved them from. Nothing special about GEJ's sister.
On point.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by sam13(m): 11:40am On Jan 06, 2015
xklucvG:

Buhari can govern you and your people but not South-South. We will never recognise Buhari i know the South-West is backing Buhari but i pity the South-West because Lagos and Ogun will be brought to ruins by the freedom fighters. Niger Delta! Onward Ever Backward Never. You had better let the Niger Delta go in peace or you will be shattered to pieces.

Bring it on we are waiting south west will never be a coward region we know your tompolo gunship is for war God is surely on our side
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Stancollins(m): 11:51am On Jan 06, 2015
sheymoni:

Dear saTANist, why are you raining insult on someone old enough to be your father, why not defend all the allegations leveled against your pay master. The wind has blown open the fowl yansh

Sai Buhari 2015

O slave of Bu[ko]Hari[am], I pity you with your intellectual wretchedness...
continue with your 'Sai Buhari' until it plunges you to a perpetual 'sigh'...
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 06, 2015
phlame:

That means your mother is very jobless o grin cheesy angry
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2015
huptin:
A lot of questions need to be asked about how a country can save $67Billion dollars and pay up its debts when Oil price was hovering around $30 to $75, but the country's reserve suddenly got depleted to about $40Billion when the price of oil was selling far above $100 per barrel yet we have borrowed more without any corresponding major infrastructure to show for it. GEJ's economic managers have a lot of explaining to do.

GBAM

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by olami234lekan(m): 1:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
Alphaoscar:
Enough is enough!!! Gej must go back to Otuoke forever in 2015!!!

Sai Buhari.

What! did you just said Otuoke.
Believe me EFCC ICPC etc will test there new skills under Buhari's administration on him first before gunning for all his associate. And with that am sure he will rot in prison mark my words.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Stancollins(m): 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2015
olami234lekan:

What! did you just said Otuoke.
Believe me EFCC ICPC etc will test there new skills under Buhari's administration on him first before gunning for all his associate. And with that am sure he will rot in prison mark my words.

see you, see prison...I pity you
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Ologunjude(m): 2:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
Obasanjor built our foreign reserve to $48 Billion when he was leaving government. " our debt was cancelled" Yaradua didn't touch a penny. As we speak, what is left in our reserve is just above $2Billion.
That is what baba is saying.

Some people just hate the truth. Always look at the message if it true or not before crucifying the messager.

Am no Obj fan for your information. He stole too I guessed but at least he left some good money for the future of this great country. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Lakeshizu(m): 2:45pm On Jan 06, 2015
ZACHIE:
FFK of old. 2013, precisely

``The charge that our foreign reserves were heavily depleted between 2007 and 2013 cannot be convincingly or logically denied. In 2007, President Olusegun Obasanjo left $45 billion in our foreign reserves and $22 billion in our Excess Crude Account. If the two figures are added up the amount that you will come up with is $67 billion of savings for our country. This is the figure that Obiageli Ezekwesili cited. It represents what was in both our foreign reserves and our Excess Crude Account put together.

`Worse still this was after it had plummeted to a shameful $30 billion under late President Umaru Yar’Adua. Had it not been for the fact that whatever was coming in after we left in 2007 and over the last 4 years was being recklessly shared and spent by the Yar’Adua and later Jonathan administrations our foreign reserves ought to have doubled and reached at least $100 billion dollars by now. That is just the foreign reserves alone and I am not even adding the Excess Crude Account figures yet. If I were to do that I would be talking about an expected increase of up to $150 billion by today. That is what we ought to have in the savings kitty today if the two governments that succeeded Obasanjo knew anything about prudence, good management and fiscal discipline.

```The difference is that under Obasanjo it was ”save, save, save” whilst under Yar’Adua and later Jonathan it has been ”spend, spend, spend’. Yet if they insist on spending the question is what do they have to show for such high expenditure and what has this cost the Nigerian people in real terms. I believe that these are legitimate questions.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/118037-oby-ezekwesili-president-jonathan-and-the-67bn-question-by-femi-fani-kayode.html

Fastforward 2015, FFK has eaten up all his words and is now kissing the stinking azzes of looters and pillagers.

Bros be like say u finish with first class, because with this your explanation. I dont need a certificate to attest to the explanations.
I hope Nigerians will not be sentimental come Feb 14th.

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by juman(m): 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2015
In 1999 a wrong man was brought in as president.

A man that did not know that he supposed to build the infrastructure.

Despite he was former head of state but still clueless president.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by docadams: 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
Billyonaire:
This man has lost his sister, una no go let am rest ?

Has he ceased to be president?
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by docadams: 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
M4gunners:
Can you ask OBJ the Train road that lead to Abeokuta where he is talking this rubbish if during his tenure he was not seeing it? Has he done anything about it? He should be ashamed of his comments.Hw many years did he ruled nigeria, yet no achievement. Only to quickly criticize someone else. Look at him bingo.

What iis the difference between GEJ, OBJ, and PDP
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by chubysoft1(m): 3:32pm On Jan 06, 2015
coolhamid:
U have a point Austin... OBJ helped him to secure a job but GEJ failed to live up to expectation... But U and I know that OBJ also have to share in the blame for Giving us YARADUA/GEJ..

Point noted. Everyone is to be blamed. No one is blameless, from the poor to the wealthy. If we can just kneel down and pray for forgiveness to God and then stand up to do the right things, Nigeria will be a better place.

Shalom!
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2015
You are correct the 1999 constitution was designed by criminals IBB and Obj so no surprise that it is flawed.

Sani Abacha had prepared a very good draft constitution in 1995 which was abandoned by IBB & Thief Obj
ogene007:

Please, stop being naive and delusional on this issue of corruption.The hausa/fulani foisted on the whole country a corrupt constitution which ensures that the big thieves will ultimately get away. They also ensured that is is virtually impossible to amend that dubious document inorder to protect their stranglehold on nigeria.They are not interested in fiscal federalism and the efficient running of NNPC, PHCN, with the later on previously being privatised by GEJ purely due to his doggedness to see the process through. Experts on the 1999 constitution know that nigeria is presently being controlled from Kano state, that is why the PIB bill which is meant to amongst other things, clean up NNPC, has not been passed. The hausa/fulani are not interested in passing the asset forfeiture bill, which will definetly deal with corruption. So, stop all these APC jingle oh GMB coming to fight corruption because his hausa/fulani kinsmen are the biggest beneficiaries of the corrupt 1999 constitution. You can start by trying to find out the owners of majority of tbe oil blocs in the country, and why there are 44 local governments in kano state alone. Also find out the percentage of hausa/fulani in NNPC and other juicy government parastatals, and the fact that fir tbe firdt time in decades, GEJ led FG is trying to balance things to reflect federal character everywhere including the military. After analysing these points, you will now understand that the primary reason GMB is trying to come to power is to halt the restructuring being carried out by GEJ, and return nigeria to status quo, which is the hausa/fulani domination of the entire country which ghey intend to do for the next 300 years.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by EmmyDe25(m): 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
huptin:

Hmmmn... word#
You've said it all.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 06, 2015
who are you talking about?
The Thief O that we know and hate?

Thief O did not leave more than $35Bn and only then bcus he never got chance to loot it because his reign was unexpectedly truncated after he lost his third term campaign.

I am no fan of GEJ, but there is no need to praise a thief in order to criticise a corrupt and clueless leader.
Ologunjude:
Obasanjor built our foreign reserve to $48 Billion when he was leaving government. " our debt was cancelled" Yaradua didn't touch a penny. As we speak, what is left in our reserve is just above $2Billion.
That is what baba is saying.

Some people just hate the truth. Always look at the message if it true or not before crucifying the messager.

Am no Obj fan for your information. He stole too I guessed but at least he left some good money for the future of this great country. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
The pictures you posted do not support your claim that she is ugly or old undecided
phlame:

I'm just gonna ignore U because judging by ur pics below U are obviously a frustrated, ugly old B*I*T*C*H...

And to think that U even called OBJ Ugly... SMH
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by phlame(m): 6:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
GenBuhari:
The pictures you posted do not support your claim that she is ugly or old undecided

And U are
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by emmatok(m): 6:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
Ozin:
See how silly Obasanjo is?...see how st.upid the janjawee.ds supporters and leaders are?

To simplify their voodoo reasoning: Obj and the APC nonen.tity on nairaland are saying a father with a wife and children who has a savings of 100,000 in the bank must not touch the savings even if the roof of his house he got from his own father that was not properly built has been destroyed.Past leaders who can be likened to GEJ father handed a house with leaking roof and poor foundation, now the clownish old grandpa Obj does not want infrastructures built but prefer the money to be in savings. $65b left and with the decay in infrastructure all over the country Obj and his kind left,he should be happy we still have $40B inspite of billions in building infrastructures all over the country

And what infrastructure did GEJ fix after taking our savings.
Oh he will have to borrow more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Okorocha Outshines Ihedioha At PDP Campaign Rally In Imo / Tosin Saraki Weds Adeniyi Olatunde Olukoya On October 28 / Reno Omokri Mocks Oby Ezekwesili: "See What You Have Been Reduced To"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.