Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings (41741 Views)

Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It / Amaechi Accuses Wike Of Squandering Over N40bn In Few Months / Why Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by hansad: 6:03am On Jan 06, 2015
Beginning 2013, Olusegun Obasanjo was stopped by PDP hawks from selecting and imposing another president upon Nigeria, this time, to succeed Goodluck Jonathan in 2015. Since PDP hawks stopped Obasanjo, Obasanjo has been contriving false and spurious allegations against Jonathan, all aimed at causing the electorate to reject Jonathan for reelection. Obasanjo single handed selected Yart Adua as President, and Jomathan as VP in 2007, when Peter Odili was front runner in the race. Obasanjo is now deeply stressed, with fear regarding what may become of his fate if Jonathan wins reelection early this year. Obasanjo committed atrocities in Nigerdelta communities of Odi and Gbaramaturu. Those attrocities deserve Obasanjo answering for war crimes in the Hague.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by sheymoni(m): 6:07am On Jan 06, 2015
Stancollins:
another clueless allegation from a compulsive liar...
Obj's foolishness is becoming unbearable on daily bases...
GEJ will always give him the best answer to a fool...SILENCE...
OBJ, the old man has refused to grow up...it's a pity

Dear saTANist, why are you raining insult on someone old enough to be your father, why not defend all the allegations leveled against your pay master. The wind has blown open the fowl yansh

Sai Buhari 2015
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Chigold101(m): 6:14am On Jan 06, 2015
coolhamid:
Though we would all agree that Jonathan has failed us but obasanjo imposed him on us .He has no right to blame Jonathan .
where did GEJ fail? Please i will like u to also tell me what that place was like before GEJ came in...

Curious mind...thatsol
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by nellycobs: 6:14am On Jan 06, 2015
What were obasanjo's capital project apart from the ones he earmarked for stealing in the dying days of his administration?

ziccoit:
Honestly GEJ misdemeanor in power has overshadowed whatever evils OBJ might have committed during his time.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Teenaira: 6:18am On Jan 06, 2015
We all seems to know what the problems are but nobody seams to be willing to go that direction.

All this jamboree Mr obasanjo is doing will solve no problem. He is just trying to tell us Mr Jonathan did not allow him to select who should be the president. I don't think that is the solution to our problem.

We should all know one thing, our population is growing by the day and productivity is declining. We no longer produce anything outside of oil. Unfortunately, demand for oil is low now and promises to even be lower in the future !!!

The saddest part of it is that nobody from leadership to followership wants to hear this. My brothers & sisters we got problems !!!

We need to wake up.

Rather than thinking one Buhari (Apc) or one Jonathan (Pdp) or one Obasanjo (Apc + Pdp ) will solve our problems, we should all confront the issues as a nation. Remember that at least 95% of those in this association ( Apc or Pdp ) have being in the helm of affairs in this nation for over 30 years.

The result of the solution they are able to proffer is what we have today.

What I could hear now is that, the Pdp are the ones doing the stealing at the centre where most of the resources are kept for the past 16 years or there about, that is unfair, let Apc too come and do their own stealing.

My brothers & sisters, first thing, our cost of governance will never be sustainable. Never and never ............

I know it will be very difficult to get our politicians to prune down this structure but can we look at reducing the perks of these offices. This is likely to solve two or more basic problems;

1. Improve our reserves ahead of what Mr obasanjo is talking about and give us an opportunity to focus on building infrastructures to develop the country.
2. Make these offices unattractive such that we might be luck to have only people who are inwardly motivated and strongly believe in the nigerian project going into such offices.
3. The above 2 benefits will have a spiral effect in solving most of the other problems which really seams to be countless for now.

Let us tell ourselves the truth, if you need to do anything today, either in Apc or Pdp governed state you must bribe your way through, otherwise, story to the gods !!!

For long, we adore and worship corruption.

I think we are being a bit naughty if we claim, the definition of corruption is Pdp, it is everybody for now, may be Pdp is more privileged. In fact, if it is only Pdp, then this country will soon be competing with other developed countries in the world.

What I think we should all do is to try and put together what we think should be manifestos for these parties and get them somehow to agree to them.

You see whether we like it or not, the party that has more resources to rig the elections will carry the day. Besides, I have not seen any difference between any of the parties. They are one and the same. Please quote me.

So I want to lead by example.

I will only vote for any party that can have as part of their manifestos a statement indicating a reduction in the perks of each political office. For example, a member of federal house of representative in our party will earn (Y multiplied by minimum wage) etc. Remember, those who earn minimum wage are living in this same Nigeria and they contribute far more to the economy of the country than these politicians.

I am serious about this. There must be something reflecting this as an issue in any party I will like to vote for, otherwise, no vote sir. I don't care if the other party wins as a result of this.

This way we can participate in the build up to our political process. Our biggest enemy right now are our politicians.
The only manifesto they have is to loot until nothing remains in the treasury !!!

We can jointly build this nation afresh. We are blessed, we have resources all over the places that could be harnessed into something of value.

Please do make up something you think might be a Big Bang in solving our numerous problems and try to get any of the parties to align with it.

The reason why they don't usually have manifesto is because to start with, ' them no send you'. Forget, they don't.

Another big one is the quota system. It must be eliminated if this country will ever grow.

Even if they will drop the manifesto in the waste bin after the elections, we can have some form of references. Let's build the manifesto for them. We must find some ways of managing them. They are supposed to be managers of a trust for which the society, me and you should be the beneficiaries but this is not happening.

I will not say chai Jonathan or chai Buhari, instead I will say Chai Nigerians !!!

This is our country, We must take it back from the politicians because it is our obligation, right and duty.

I know we can do it. Please go ahead.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by simplexvi: 6:19am On Jan 06, 2015
that awkward moment when GEJ wins 2015. . some go kill dem selves

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 06, 2015
It's strange as OBJ attacked his political creature in person of GEJ.OBJ can't withstand GEJ's level of gross indiscipline.vote wisely,vote Buhari.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by sevantex(m): 6:47am On Jan 06, 2015
Its a good tin everibodi is bein put under pressure (both Mr clueless and The so called illiterate General)...,It means dt whoever eventuali wins will at least do sumtin meaningful dis time around knowing fully well that Nigerians now "send" wen it comes to governance......,Pls vote wisely!
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by kunlenkirol(m): 6:48am On Jan 06, 2015
I find it very difficult to swallow d criticism of OBJ. Not because I am his fan, but d man talks with facts and figures having ruled Nigeria in two different domain. 1. As a military head of State and 2. As a civilian president. First in the anal of history of Nigeria. Any other feet is a footnote to Obj. For him to accuse GEJ of financial squandering and reckless handling, I think we should take him seriously and stop committing fallacy of argumentum ad hominem. Look at his arguement to see if you can fault it. Gej has destroyed our economy, his wife has sold the Economy. As citizens and younger people, let us hold our destiny in our hands and vote GEJ out. Let us breath fresh air in BUharI. Buhari maybe old but he knows what he is doing. His antecedent may not be applauding but when you look closely and do a kind of psycho analysis of the two aspirAnts, Buhari is a bettter one. Gej has not done much in the last 6years of his ascension. Rather, he added to the woe of our economy. Let us find solace in GMD and see the massive change this man will bring for us. One Nigeria, Great Nation.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by solaabujan(m): 6:50am On Jan 06, 2015
As corrupt as OBJ's governance was .....he screams so badly of how cruel and negligent Jona's government is !!!! Jonathan should start the rigging or else !!!!
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by liongirl: 6:56am On Jan 06, 2015
FastShipping:
Obasanjo was the architect of our country's problem. He saw an honest man in Buhari but went for Yar'Adua and a dunce od vice president called Jonathan who later ascend to the throne after the demise of Yar'Adua.

Obasanjo should go and sit down in one corner.
pls shutup
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Gegz(m): 7:21am On Jan 06, 2015
coolhamid:
Though we would all agree that Jonathan has failed us but obasanjo imposed him on us .He has no right to blame Jonathan .
impose ko, imposer ni. Abeg make I hear word jo.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by olaweey: 7:23am On Jan 06, 2015
coolhamid:
as in?I don't get,u mean obasanjo took your voters card from you? Or what...nigerians vote for who they want.our youths are being paid handsomely for their vote.and its still going to happen....we need to prove to the peoples democratic party,that we the youth of nigerians can other parties into.16 years in power and we are back to the beginning.Broke,corrupt,insecured....kini gbogbo rubbish yii.the cohorts of the president say he is working but we can't see yet...I laugh..If the woman in the market,the child in school,the civil servant.and all other nigerians say that they cannot see what he has done for 6 years..are they selectively blind....they do not know jonathan from Adam,so its not like they have beef with him.what they know is that more than half of the promises he made,he has not fulfilled..,this is the biggest political mistake we made...voting jonathan..but there is a reason for everything...
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by ekeneidiagbor: 7:23am On Jan 06, 2015
shyna01:
watching this drama in 3D
**modified** I think someone is using the money to learn English.

My Guy no be lie ooo... Shey na dat Iyalode de blow grammar repository and nefarious..
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by dombenis(m): 7:25am On Jan 06, 2015
coolhamid:
it seem that Obj still ve power in Nigeria more than mr president.! now he is blaming good luck of corruption.but he was the one who increased our fuel from #26 to #64 .so please stop disturbing mr president and him finish his tenure.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by wickyyolo: 7:28am On Jan 06, 2015
laimo:
Jonathan has finished Nigeria.
That's the summary of OBJ's statement.

Let's Vote.
dont believe everything you read, and dont accept people opinion without looking at the other side
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by olaweey: 7:44am On Jan 06, 2015
Ogesydney:
I said it.. my attention was drawn to this video. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo may not really be the Saint he wants us to believe he is. I will leave it at that and allow you form your own opinion after watching this clip.

Running time: 19mins.* This shouldn't put you off; feel free to skip through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm8VqjRheLU
no one is saying obasanjo is a saint...but when he was in power were we broke...all this things that characterise the jonathan administration,were they present....even if obasanjo keeps mute,we nigerias can see,we have ears,and we can read.we know that 2-1 is equal to 1.....
Obasanjo is talking now,u are accusing him,saying he's not a saint but u did not say he said wrong....
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by smlafolabi(m): 7:48am On Jan 06, 2015
True talk
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by watchindelta(m): 7:53am On Jan 06, 2015
Obj contributed to our problems.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by arsetalks(m): 7:54am On Jan 06, 2015
I expect a reply from GEJ's PAs but instead of them to reply with facts and figures, they will attack Obasanjo and try to paint him darker than he already is.

Obasanjo may be corrupt, we all know that but GEJ should defend what Obasanjo has said or arrest Obasanjo if he has any evidence again him.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by philips70(m): 7:57am On Jan 06, 2015
Billyonaire:
You are stupid. How many years was your ugly baboon there. Na today health system spoil ?

Doesn't stop "our" ugly baboon from telling "our" drunkard president the truth. He is a squandermaniac. Abacha is jealous!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by MduZA: 7:58am On Jan 06, 2015
One of the best presidents Africa has ever produced.....pres Obasanjo
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by arsetalks(m): 8:03am On Jan 06, 2015
wickyyolo:

dont believe everything you read, and dont accept people opinion without looking at the other side
Why should we not believe what we read? We are all in Nigeria, we can see with our eyes and have minds to read and understand.

If you all must defend GEJ, do it with the facts and the figures and not come here to tell us not to believe everything we read.

I don't need to believe anything, I have eyes. I can see how useless the naira has become. I can see how our economy has collasped.

I can see nepa has become worst. I can see how divided the country has become. We all can see it, just that some of you won't be sincere.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by beloved2000: 8:13am On Jan 06, 2015
coolhamid:
yes he imposed GEJ on us tinkin he wil make a gud leader bt d man has changd into sometin else.he surounded himself wit bad people who advise him wrongly because of woteva dey r benefitin frm him selfishly.honestly,though am nt a fan of GMH, yet am tired of blood shed n economic downturn,wotelse kan GEJ give..clueless indeed..let's try anoda hand I beg as long as d person wil take us 2 d promise land ireespective of his religion pls
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by tuyi19: 8:18am On Jan 06, 2015
austinvsb1:

Obj didn't impose anybody. All he did was give his unrivaled support to GEJ while he contested. We the electorates decided with our votes. Our president (current) is not the only government official in the world to have had a godfather root for him, Tinubu gave us fashola.

The real offense here is failing to live up to the very huge expectations of Nigerians. He has failed to secure our lives and properties and given our foods to the dogs while feeding us with bones. You can't blame obj for his failure. No one can be blamed for his cluelessness.

Now that everyone sees GEJ for what he is, 'a failure', his 2011 supporters and fans including myself are left with nothing but the choice to correct the mistakes we made back then. That is what obj is trying to do. He didn't expect this level of incompetence, no one did.

i agree with you but the mistake of OBJ was that GEJ was made Governor from Deeputy Governor and he has not done anything, he was still on google search to fix bayelsa problem when OBJ nominated his as VP to Yaradua and now after the death of Yaradua, is taking him another 6 years on the same google serach to come out with anti corruption plan. experience is the best teacher, GEJ is inexperience when we talk of governance.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 06, 2015
ekeneidiagbor:

My Guy no be lie ooo... Shey na dat Iyalode de blow grammar repository and nefarious..
e fit be oh, but I no to sure as no be me dey teach am...... I never 'waka come'.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Zzyzx92(m): 8:24am On Jan 06, 2015
xklucvG:

You, your family would have being wiped out so no question of looking for me even myself may probably die in the struggle. You had better tell your people to do the needful and stop seeing Niger Delta as 1 small minority if they want peace we Niger Deltans and South South don't beg for peace we make peace happen. Your Obasanjo ruled for 8 years and left so Jonathan must complete his tenure. No point talking my advice is you can start moving your families to Benin Republic cos its about to get ugly.
if indeed you are a peace maker and you actually make peace happen, you wouldn't have spewed those trash you said earlier on.....no be only ona sabi handle ak47 and m16 ooo, we are even good at the 50 calibre. So, mind onaself o
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by badesco(m): 8:35am On Jan 06, 2015
OBJ yor own dey too much now, when you there, did people criticized you like you are doing now? No. Obj should be cautioned now before he destroys our democracy.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by ojuoluwani(m): 8:35am On Jan 06, 2015
FastShipping:
Obasanjo was the architect of our country's problem. He saw an honest man in Buhari but went for Yar'Adua and a dunce od vice president called Jonathan who later ascend to the throne after the demise of Yar'Adua.

Obasanjo should go and sit down in one corner.
Obasanjo brought GEJ because he thinks he is good and intelligent never knew he is clueless. Now Baba want to correct his mistake ride on Baba we all behind u
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Sheriffc(m): 8:38am On Jan 06, 2015
Edwin Clarke will definitely say something soonest... But for real, is there anything wrong in all that Baba said? 'GEJ till 2019' clamorers should endeavor to search their souls, there lies the truth which their sentiments can never veil. You (GEJ people) all know the truth, but act to cover it for whatever reason. We need a change of status quo. Things are fallen apart, thus, before the center might not hold, we should make a change. You (GEJ people) shouldn't be afraid of change?
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Mzanalysis: 8:43am On Jan 06, 2015
#WhyGEJ The money was squandered to provide good roads, railways, new vasities, airports remodelling, and to fight unnecessary insurgency. I travelled in this country. I knew How things were and what it now. All these didn't happened in previous regimes. Ignore born again OBJ. Alot of deceits on the air. How can 5 to 10 men decide from their inner room the next presidents of Nigeria with healthy population of about 170 million people. It must stop. We re not fools. All I know is that there is massive restart of infrastructural development in Nigeria despite unnecessary insurgency. We must support it and forget those selfish men expecting magical touch which they didn't do during their tenure. Don't allow yourself to be deceived lest you will be permanently enslaved in your country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Jonathan At RCCG Camp Today Meets APC VP Prof Osbanjo(photos) / Buhari Greets President Xi Jinping Of China / Akwa Ibom Residents Celebrate Umana Over Appeal Court Ruling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.