Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

unHOLY MATRIMONY - Literature (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / unHOLY MATRIMONY (170772 Views)

The Matrimony, The Blessing: A Mothers advice and prayers for the Daughter / Holy Matrimony, A Novel / Patron Of Matrimony Shortlisted For ACT Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Peacefulness: 10:39pm On Mar 25, 2015
Mario1983:
chia you dat is sharing sweet story, deres god oh. NNE biko update
my dear, i don refresh tire. Candy love where art thou? Busy day? Just take ur time.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 26, 2015

Chapter 29

Mama Williams shook her head in confusion. She took a step towards her daughter and shook her violently. They were alone in her bedroom. The lawyers and forensic auditors waited downstairs in the private living room.

"Think about what you are saying, Olawamide."

"I'm not handing him over to the police, mum." Wande said with an air of finality.

"Despite everything?"

"Yes, mum, despite everything."

Mama Williams sat on her king sized bed, patted a spot, an invitation for her to sit down.

"My baby, we can't force you to prosecute Tade, but I'll bet you are adamant because you don't know about his-----"

Wande smiled through forming tears. "Mum, I know everything. I have known for sometime now. I couldn't place a face to the woman who had children for my husband, until I saw her picture recently."

Her mother was shocked. Never in her wildest dream could she have imagined she knew about Bola and her children. She placed her hand on her shoulder and rocked her.

Wande wiped tears off her face with her handkerchief, but the tears kept coming. She broke down in tears totally and her mother wiped a drop or two off her own eyes. How she missed her husband. She felt helpless before her daughter.

"Mum, I had him tailed several times. I was aware when Josh met Hanks with his story." She paused to dry her tears so she could see better. "Ted, Hank's editor was my classmate in high school. He called me as soon as Hanks submitted the story. He stopped the story from going to press."

Mama Williams sighed, shoulders sagged, brows creased in resignation. Studying her daughter, she wondered how she could have married and stayed with a man as vain as Tade Johnson, a man who cheated on her without restraints and belittled her before her friends. "You kept all these to yourself?" She finally asked.

"Yes, I had to. I was trying to protect my marriage." She bowed her head, wiped her eyes again and sniffed.

"So, why did you decide to go against him now?"

"I had to, when I saw the accountant's report." She knelt by the bedside and held her mum's knees, "mum, I want you to drop the case against him. Please."

Mama Williams starred in her daughter's eyes for a few seconds, then she asked her a question, the answer to which she assumed she wasn't going to like. "Wande, are you dropping the case because you are still in love with Tade?"

"No, mum. I'm dropping the case because none of us is perfect. Not me, not Tade. I have my own secret that I've kept from him for sometime now."

Mama Williams was even more shocked. "Secret?"

"Yes, mum."

Though she'd barely heard the ringing of her phone due to her emotional state, she'd picked it on the second ring.

"Hello," she said, barely audible.

Silence.

She checked the caller Id, it was Tade. She quickly dialed him back. He didn't pick her call.

"He'll come back home." Her mum assured her. "Whatever your secret is, I don't think you should let it weigh you down. Remember how much he'd hurt you."

How can she forget that? But she had hurt him too.

"I will remember, mum."

Mama williams stood up from the bed. She had one more secret too that she was keeping from her daughter. She had traced and recovered most of the stolen fund; to a source that was bound to shock her. Hopefully, all will come out soon. She went downstairs to meet their guests.

"We are not prosecuting, barrister."

They looked at each other, surprise written on their faces. It was a very good case.

"Why not, madam?" The lawyer spoke first.

"Yes ma, it's an airtight case. Tade should be tried." The auditor offered.

"Let's just say we don't want any scandals. Besides, we've recovered most of the stolen funds without his knowledge. The other guy is very cooperative and he had agreed to hand everything over if we protect his identity."

"And you are prepared to do that?" The lawyer asked.

"No, but my daughter is."

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 26, 2015

He had left Oshogbo feeling slightly better in his spirit after dropping off the kids. The drive down to Oshogbo had been hell for him due to the traffic and the condition of his mind. But having gone through the dna stuff he felt better. As he neared his house, his spirit sank again. His thoughts were on the event of the previous day.

But how could meek, submissive Wande pull a well planned stunt like that within one week? Segun's influence? Mama Williams? He shook his head. Nah, she was just bullshitting him. They will sort it out, he convinced himself.

"Damn." The security light at the estate gate illuminated his car as he slowed down to identify himself. He growled as he saw his reflection in the rear view mirror. He looked unkempt. He pulled at his two-day old stub, feeling it with his fingers. He had not shaved since sunday morning. Through it all, he admired the determination in his set jaws. "Stay focused, be objective" he told his reflection.

He drove the final two blocks from his house and pulled up in front of his gate and honked. The gate flew open. The guards had seen him from the security point inside. The gate drew close as he drove the short length of the driveway. He climbed out of the G-wagon and nodded in response to the guard's greeting.

He gazed at the sky, It was pitch black. The security lights were on, the compound swam in beautiful array of lights. He swallowed hard as he approached the main door. He pressed the door bell and the door opened slightly. Ngozi welcomed him.
He walked quietly in, bearing flowers and chocolates- her favorite flavor.

She sipped green tea from a brown mug, eyes glued to the TV. The twins asleep on the couch. If she heard him come in, she didn't acknowledge his presence. She didn't as much as cast him a glance. He stood rooted to the spot, the flower and chocolate felt heavier than lead. He swallowed hard as he dragged his feet closer to her.

"Hi, honey."

Silence.

"Babe, I'm so sorry for everything I've put you through." He stooped in front of her. She turned to face him. Yes, she heard him come in. A frown creased the corners of her mouth. Her eye brows drew together.

"Hi, tade!" She said without any emotion.

He relaxed a little.

At least, she didn't send him out.

"Hi honey." He sat on the arm of her sofa. His heart pumped. She looked different in her bum short and hard rock cafe T-shirt.

He offered her the flower and the chocolates. She buried her nose in the flower for sometime and feigned a smile. "Thanks, they are beautiful." She tossed the flower on the side stool and returned her gaze on the TV.

"Ngo! Ngo!"

"Yes, aunty!" Ngozi breezed into the living room from a corner of the house. She had the presence of mind to always make herself invisible whenever she sensed arguments.

"Ngo dear, please help me bring Josephine upstairs now. I'll take Joseph."

Ngozi picked sleeping Josephine up in her arms. Tade stooped to help with Joseph but Wande was faster.

"I got him." She said as she powered off on the Tv remote control.

He followed them upstairs, carrying his briefcase and the small side bag for his gadgets.

He realized he had not been there for the children and his wife at all. If only he could go back in time and change some things. But he couldn't. So, deal with it, he told himself.

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 26, 2015

"I'm so sorry, Wande. I've really thought about us, and I want us to start all over again." Tade sat at the edge of the bed as he watched her UnCloth. She stepped into a simple night dress, nothing sexy or revealing, just plain. She flipped the TV on and slid under the cover.

"Wow, can we talk about that later? Like after this program?"

What program?

E! News.

He felt hurt.

"By the way, how was your trip?" She asked, feigning innocence.

"My trip?"

"Yes, to Oshogbo."

He wished he could disappear that instant. He swallowed hard. He stood up from the bed and walked towards the window. The blinds were drawn but a small patch still let in a little light from the garden. By now, the sky had become darker. Rain threatened. He leaned against the window. He dared not deny it.

She noticed his discomfort and smiled. "Tade, I understand the shock was too much for you yesterday- your trip to her is excused." She sipped her now cold green tea before she continued, "and yes, we need to talk."

Wande walked up to him and stood before him, "Tade, I married you because I loved you. Right now, we can't just pretend like all is well between us, or that we can easily mend the crack."

"Honey, please give me another chance to prove my love for you." He pleaded as he found himself on his knees. Suddenly, all the stolen money, the business, the houses, cars seemed so little compared to what he stood to lose. He thought of the twins and he realised they may be the only kids he had.

"I'm sorry, babe." Was all he could manage to say. He was working to keep his anger in check.

Wande pulled him up and lead him back to the sofa. "Sit down, Tade. I'm upset, I feel cheated, but I have lost the zeal to punish you." She said calmly. "We can just sort things out. You give me a divorce without any trouble."

Shock made his ears ring. For a minute or two, he became deaf. He felt like fainting. Never had he thought of this. Yet, she looked calm and collected. Yes, he still didn't love her, but he needed her. He needed the security she provided, the fame, the comfort of knowing he had her.

Tears of desperation stung his eyes. He allowed a drop or two to fall on his cheeks and to his lips. The rest he stopped with a blink of his eyes. Yes, he was a good actor. I can pull this off, he thought. He said a quick prayer. He needed this marriage to work.

"Don't do this to me, Wande please. I'm not perfect, but I can work on myself."

He looked at her. To his surprise, she was crying too. He held her and pleaded, wiping her tears.

"Let's work it out." He said again and again. He felt everything slipping through his fingers. First, Dele and Mary, now Wande and all her wealth. He was a desperate man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by folake25(f): 8:28am On Mar 26, 2015
hmm it is a ghen ghen something. tade how come, i don dey pity you. anyway sha you deserve everything that would happen to you
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by lenmafon: 8:53am On Mar 26, 2015
thank u aunty candy, how re u doing & the family? 1daful as usual. wande should stand her ground and get the divorce o and continue her life. tade does not love one bit but only want her money and infleunce. who is 'Dele' and 'Mary'? e be like say tade get skeleton 4 cupboard? and Josh was the person dat told the reporter? is it tade's driver-friend?
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 26, 2015
lenmafon:
thank u aunty candy, how re u doing & the family? 1daful as usual. wande should stand her ground and get the divorce o and continue her life. tade does not love one bit but only want her money and infleunce. who is 'Dele' and 'Mary'? e be like say tade get skeleton 4 cupboard? and Josh was the person dat told the reporter? is it tade's driver-friend?
Dele and Mary= Bola's kids
Josh=Tade's friend and driver. Yes, he was the one.

There is still more knot to untie, let's watch things unfold.

BTW, what if Tade sobers up and changes for good? Don't you think he deserves a second chance? What do you think? tongue
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 26, 2015
folake25:
tade how come, i don dey pity you.
Shey? Me self dey pity am o! But he's still the same ol' playboy Tade. He's scared of losing all the money and fame. He still gat no love for Wande. I see a man desperate to remain relevant.

1 Like

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by lenmafon: 9:36am On Mar 26, 2015
candy:

BTW, what if Tade sobers up and changes for good? Don't you think he deserves a second chance? What do you think? tongue

thanks ma for the explanation. i had to go over some pervoius undates bfore i realized they were his kids from bola. tade will not change one bit and please dont let wande live with that guy again. she deserves a beta guy like segun. i see tade's friends being disloyal to him- giving out his secrets. what if the twins are not his too? wande's secret!
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Peacefulness: 9:36am On Mar 26, 2015
Pity ke! I no get single pity for him. He is still the same Tade, Candy, i beg punish Tade wella for me. No mercy at all! Cunny man die, cunny man bury. Charles, you are a suspect.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by lenmafon: 9:45am On Mar 26, 2015
Peacefulness:
.......... Charles, you are a suspect.

charles a suspect! could that be true? will charles do such a thing to his friend, even after advicing him to desist from such act? i dont think so my dear. beside, charles has his own girl who i think is a nurse. charles is too nice a friend to be that wicked
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by trendiitee(f): 10:07am On Mar 26, 2015
Weldone madam candy. more ink to ur pen.

I guess wande's secret is also abt her kids. d twins might be segun's after all.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by fam24(f): 10:27am On Mar 26, 2015
Wande, pls think straight, no emotion attached.

I pray the twin are not Tade's. The sperm donation is not his but Segun's.

Tade can't change for good, can only change for money and fame. He deserves a second chance in hell with Bola, after d divorce.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 26, 2015
Even if Wande decides to give their marriage a second chance, she wouldn't trust Tade.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by jaymomma(f): 11:39am On Mar 26, 2015
candy:

Candy, as per ur question - no try am o. Second chance kini? He has paid the piper and has to dance to the tune. If roles were reversed, will he give her a chance much less second chance.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Peacefulness: 11:46am On Mar 26, 2015
[quote author=candy She had one more secret too that she was keeping from her daughter. She had traced and recovered most of the stolen fund; to a source that was bound to shock her. Hopefully, all will come out soon.

[/quote] which other revelation will shock Wande. Well, lets keep our fingers crossed. Charles might be pretending you know.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Queening(f): 11:48am On Mar 26, 2015
Queening:
I like what z happening candy *thumbs up* but personally i believe wande z aware
i said it,i said it cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy....on d other hand let me start predicting 1. Wande's children are not lipsrsealed lipsrsealed 2.Tade nd wande will get lipsrsealed lipsrsealed candy thanks 4 d update u made my day i hv been anticipating dis update since tuesday morning and it z worth d wait kiss kiss
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 26, 2015
sobers up for where? A leaopard's skin can never be changed lailai.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by tfabu: 12:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
segun might even be the father of wande's children because i remember segun was at the hospital the day wande had the artificial insemination,perhaps it was segun's thing that was used.#mythoughtstho# grin cheesy cool
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by SexySapphire(f): 4:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
candy:

Hell NO!!! He doesn't deserve anu other chance. He's a goner. candy, we are not forgiving Tade. Tnx for the updates.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
Girls are not smiling o! Why evils na? Let's consider Tade na tongue

BTw, where are my personal persons na? QueenTolpatx, ruffhandu, Skimpledawg, tescoleps, kingphilip, Cybershow,
Tsodjete, Zyzxx, toykathy, Hameenat94,
Debdave, Seunviju, Snowangel, AmJane,
pricelesslove, Mariamferanmi, Stonecoldcafe, Amiablejudy,Missviva,
Missmossy...kenwins
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by stuff46(m): 5:34pm On Mar 26, 2015
Too bad its for better for worse and Wande would want to change in coming updates by the way she is acting now
lenmafon:

thanks ma for the explanation. i had to go over some pervoius undates bfore i realized they were his kids from bola. tade will not change one bit and please dont let wande live with that guy again. she deserves a beta guy like segun. i see tade's friends being disloyal to him- giving out his secrets. what if the twins are not his too? wande's secret!

Hope she spills them out. I think that would be their means of reconciliation. Nobody is clean.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Onemansquad(m): 5:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
SexySapphire:

Hell NO!!! He doesn't deserve anu other chance. He's a goner. candy, we are not forgiving Tade. Tnx for the updates.
:-/ ahan ma'am take it easy na let wande gv him anoda chance jor

#team tade all d way tongue
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by stuff46(m): 5:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
Wande is no saint here and she ought to think of the implications of living a one-parent life before jumping into that devorce sh*t. note that she doesnt know that Bola's children are not for Tade. She might still consider him when they engage in a serious dialogue.
SexySapphire:

Dont be heartless
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
@stuff46 and Onemansquad, Tade na bad guy make we talk true. Still waiting for skimpledawg to come and tell us why he deserves a second chance tongue

@all, voting ends on this thread tomorrow: https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/55

If you've not voted, please go and vote for moi there. Let's take the trophy home this month.

Thanks to all who have voted, expecting the votes of our newbies and ghost readers. One love.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ruffhandu: 7:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
candy:

BTw, where are my personal persons na? , ruffhandu,

Perhaps you didn't see the last question I asked, Candy.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 26, 2015
ruffhandu:

Perhaps you didn't see the last question I asked, Candy.
Eeya, just saw your question now! And I was wondering why you've not left a comment since.

To the question; regarding Bola's guest, no name supplied yet.

Takia and keep dropping your thoughts.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by zyzxx(m): 8:40pm On Mar 26, 2015
Wande u are Gud

Candy pls let me give u one chocolate grin

U are best.
.tade orun n yabo oo
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Calmdove(f): 9:55pm On Mar 26, 2015
candy:

never!!! No second chance 4 him****gosh!! I hate tade..... I no tade is nt d father of the twins and he wil surely lose.... Ah ah ah ah ah:-D
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by toykathy(f): 10:05pm On Mar 26, 2015
Candy mama, hav bn busy ni buh tenk God for elections. I don land now, am with you. Ride on!

candy:

BTw, where are my personal persons na? QueenTolpatx, ruffhandu, Skimpledawg, tescoleps, kingphilip, Cybershow,
Tsodjete, Zyzxx, toykathy, Hameenat94,
Debdave, Seunviju, Snowangel, AmJane,
pricelesslove, Mariamferanmi, Stonecoldcafe, Amiablejudy,Missviva,
Missmossy...kenwins

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by missviva(f): 11:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
Candy love,A̶̲̥̅♍ here. So feeling ur story line but u no wan make I read the first few chapters. Following ‎​you bumper to bumper sha
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Hameenat94(f): 11:50pm On Mar 26, 2015
I'm shocked! D meek Wande.... Wat a wonderful brain. Jst hope she stands her ground nd candy na stress de do me strong thing oh.... Always misses dis story every night... Kip doing wat u knows best... I'm always here

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (57) (Reply)

Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story) / Two Years To Thirty(short Story) / The Complete Assassin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.