Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,438 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka (32699 Views)

''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church / Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest / Rev. Father Mbaka Visits Buhari And Osinbajo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Monimatic(m): 4:46am On Jan 06, 2015
The Catholic Church has washed its hands off the ongoing controversy over the strong criticism of President Goodluck Jonathan by Rev Father Ejike Mbaka of Adoration Ministries in Enugu, accusing him of double-speaking.

The church said it did not authorise Mbaka to speak on its behalf, insisting that it is wrong for Mbaka to endorse the president and later warn the electorate not to vote for him during the February 14 presidential poll.

The church added that it did not have an official position on whose candidate the Catholic faithful should vote for, saying that as the largest Christian group, it is illogical for it to direct members to vote for certain candidates as the voters have the prerogative to exercise their inalienable rights in such a situation.

A catholic faithful, Mr Callistus Ebue, disclosed this during an interview with LEADERSHIP last night in Enugu.

He said, “The Catholic Church did not authorise Rev Father Mbaka to speak on its behalf. There is no way the church, with millions of its members, make a pronouncement on who to vote for during the February 14 presidential election. The church does not have an official position in this regard. The decision to vote for any candidate is the prerogative right of the church faithful just like any other Nigerian.”

While some of the Catholics in Enugu argue that Mbaka might have been led by the Holy Spirit in his pronouncement over Jonathan’s re-election bid, others said that the cleric ought not to have dabbled into the murky waters of politics.

According to a Catholic knight, Sir Abuchi Anueghiagu, Mbaka was initially inspired by the Holy Spirit to endorse the re-election of Jonathan, saying, however, that whatever Mbaka pronounced during his homily at the Adoration Ministries ground on December 31, 2014, was also a function of the leading of the Holy Spirit.

According to him, as an ordained priest in charge of a parish, Christ the King Parish, and the spiritual director of Adoration Ministries, nobody is qualified to challenge any sermon he delivers from the altar.

But another knight of the Catholic Church who spoke to LEADERSHIP on condition of anonymity condemned Mbaka of speaking from both sides of his mouth.

He said that having previously blessed Jonathan on his re-election bid, he ought not to have made a volte-face. He advised priests to be cautions of their pronouncements from the altar, as whatever they say has a way of affecting their followers either negatively or positively.

The Catholic bishop of Enugu Diocese, Rev Dr Calistus Onaga, could not be reached at the time of filing this report last night.

http://leadership.ng/news/399872/catholic-church-disagrees-father-mbaka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by cjrane: 4:50am On Jan 06, 2015
Father Mbaka's political foray is beginning to embarrass me as a catholic.

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by petrov10: 4:52am On Jan 06, 2015
Mbaka. Y undecided

Mbaka say what you will

Gej till 2019

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by achi4u(m): 5:03am On Jan 06, 2015
They should allow mbaka to have a breathing space biko.

8 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by temitemi1(m): 5:07am On Jan 06, 2015
Mbaka the campaign manager n d double mouthed father... GOD is watching sha... GEJ till 2019!!!

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by otbliz(m): 5:26am On Jan 06, 2015
temitemi1:
GOD is watching sha...
Since the beginning of creation

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by cocoduck: 5:32am On Jan 06, 2015
The Bible says that if you sin against God or Jesus you may be forgiven but if anyone blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, there is no forgiveness.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by BENZINA(m): 5:49am On Jan 06, 2015
As a baptised and confirmed catholic I have never been so heartbroken.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 06, 2015
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by TheReaIMrStan: 6:19am On Jan 06, 2015
Father Mbaka never said he spoke on behalf of the Catholic church.

And besides, everything he said was true

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Innodon(m): 6:19am On Jan 06, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by DesChyko: 6:20am On Jan 06, 2015
..it is illogical for it to direct members to vote for certain candidates as the voters have the prerogative to exercise their inalienable rights in such a situation.

That is the summary of it all.
A priest involved in Nigerian politics, as shady as it is is an insult to the Catholic family.

He never learns. This isn't the first time he has been cautioned.

And the other day, someone was comparing him with Martin Luther to defend his actions, as if the Catholic Church and Lutheran Church go by identical religious practices.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by EverestdeBliu(m): 6:20am On Jan 06, 2015
" ...The cleric ought not to have dabble in the murky waters of politics"...LORD have mercy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by hero31x(m): 6:20am On Jan 06, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2077320/number-44-suliemans-prophecy-refering

The Prophetic Insight of 2015 Delivered at Cross Over Night of CHRIST COVENANT CHURCH INT'L.

The Lord opened my eyes during my prayer watch & I saw the following:

1. 2015 is a Great Year of interesting events.

2. The events will spring up many surprise because many will not be ready for the surprises.

3. The Lord said is a year of great civil unrest (can be averted by prayer).

4. Many inpending disaster are set to take place in Nigeria & the USA. God is trying to draw Nigeria's attention to Him. Many state (USA) will declare a state of emergency (flood).

5. God will raise up many mighty men of God who will not fear what man will do to them.

6. Many Prominent Political figures in Nigeria will die.

7. The spirit of apostacy will be in the increase & many will be deceived- BELIEVERS BEWARE & GUARD YOUR HEART.

8. Many Disciple who Practice The Covenant, will suddenly become Rich because of the blessing. Although the body of Christ (believers) will be shaken because of Traumatic events.

9. The Solution that Nigeria needs is not in any Political Party but in God.

10. President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will be declared the winner of 2015 election (if it holds), APC will go to the court to challenge it.

11. We Must pray for Nigeria President, there is a secret Plot to harm him & if possible take his life.

12. If prayers is negleted, there will be serious riots that would lead to serious death.

I urge every well meaning Nigerian reading this post to take atleast 10 minutes every day to Pray for Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by ogawisdom(m): 6:20am On Jan 06, 2015
All these is happenin bc mbaka changed frm supportin GEJ wen he ws supportin GEJ re election I didn't hear anytin frm anybody rubbish angry

Well I still prefer GEJ to d clown GMB tongue

Anybody without a university degree shld nt b d president of nigeria in 2015

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by omenka(m): 6:20am On Jan 06, 2015
So? He was speaking on behalf of himself as a private citizen and not the Catholic church.

And isn't this contrary to what some newspaper said in their publication "reason why Mbaka attacked Jonathan"?? They made it look like he did what he did at the behest of the Catholic church.

Whatever it is is, none of these are gonna influence a single cell in my body to change their opinion about the people's General.

#Vote GMB/PYO2015!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 06, 2015
Really?

here's my opinionundecided

GMB till 2019 like if u agreewink

27 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:20am On Jan 06, 2015
Story for jesus.

[size=48pt]catholic church - deceiving ppl since 100 AD.[/size]

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by SuPeRq(f): 6:21am On Jan 06, 2015
HmmmmmnnNn
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Hemanwel(m): 6:21am On Jan 06, 2015
That's Catholic church for you!

BTW:

To all you pro-GMB fans shouting "change" "change",I dare ask again,what exactly are we changing to?I still do not understand.It is not because everybody is shouting "change" then I follow suit.Please enlighten me.
For pete's sake,Buhari was once the Head of state of this country.He once had the opportunity to change this country.During his tenure he could not solve the barrage of problems that besieged the country then, including corruption,Power,Poor Healthcare,etc.He was part of those who ruined this country.In less than 18 months in power,Abdulsalaam Abubakar handed over to a democratic government,how come Buhari could not do that in two years,if he meant well for the country?So,pls enlighten me.Maybe I am missing out something.
Dont come here and ask me "do you like what's going on in the country today?"

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 06, 2015
are they denying their own now??
just because of the truth
because of the money gej gives dem abi
diaris God oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by afamjb: 6:21am On Jan 06, 2015
Please i need to know what the bishop has to say first.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 06, 2015
Samuel endorsed and anointed Saul as the king. The same samuel later realised Saul had walked a different path from that of God, and the Spirit of God had left him, he went over to the house of Jesse, to anoint David as God's chosen king.

Prophets and Priests can commend
or condemn the rulership of kings, just the same way John the baptist condemned Harold and his wife. Elijah constantly condemned Ahab and his wife, Jezeebel.

Whatever Rev Father Mbaka said, it conforms with what the Spirit led him to say, unlike Ayo Oritsejafor, who puts on his ear-clogs whenever the Spirit is talking.

23 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by ayomidegambari(m): 6:22am On Jan 06, 2015
Rev mbaka must be flogged, him mouth no dey stay 1 place

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by kilokeys(m): 6:23am On Jan 06, 2015
cheapest space available..

this space is a swamp.
just gimme #10 naira and its all urs.

pay into UBA 2055123113
thanks

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by coolshegs10(m): 6:23am On Jan 06, 2015
I saw this coming
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Pavore9: 6:24am On Jan 06, 2015
Let the will of God prevail.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Maxwell86(m): 6:24am On Jan 06, 2015
Light and Darkness can never mix.. .

Entering the murky and extremely dirty waters of Nigerian politics never did any one good.. .

Priests are supposed to stay neutral in my opinion...

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by amnestylaw1(m): 6:24am On Jan 06, 2015
He who knoweth what is good and doeth it not, to him it is sin. Mbaka, you have done your part.

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Chibenze(m): 6:24am On Jan 06, 2015
why
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by freshness2020: 6:25am On Jan 06, 2015
OYO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Rolls Himself In Engine Oil During Church Crusade. See Photos / Mike Bamiloye And Wife, Gloria Celebrate 32nd Wedding Anniversary / If You Meet God And He Allowed You To Ask Him One Question, What Would It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.