Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka (32700 Views)

''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church / Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest / Rev. Father Mbaka Visits Buhari And Osinbajo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by azimibraun: 7:04am On Jan 06, 2015
Before Nko? Only a dumb will expect them to support him openly. But we all know Mbaka has made his point and hd spoken the minds of many ppl as well as the catholic church also. It's just formality to deny mbaka's rant as the position of the church. Or does the catholic church want to claim it s not monitoring the drop in members per capital income; or the cost of managing the church lately?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Ezyp(m): 7:05am On Jan 06, 2015
laidesmen217:
are they denying their own now??
just because of the truth
because of the money gej gives dem abi
diaris God oo
don't get what the catholic church said wrong...they are not denying him as a catholic priest....but saying that they didn't ask mbaka to represent the church...remember yesterday that news were going round that the catholic church sent mbaka to speak for them...the church has now rebuke that...mbaka can't speak for the church..he is on his own even if what he said is the truth....

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 06, 2015
Gmb till d clueless kleptos confesses that-stealing is corruption! #change2015!
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by azimibraun: 7:08am On Jan 06, 2015
Babangida see GEJ corruption... him run hide. fear catch am.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by baybeeboi: 7:10am On Jan 06, 2015
am right here in Lesotho
watching in HD
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Ad4(m): 7:10am On Jan 06, 2015
The rev has always been on his own. The Holy Spirit can not be confused and nobody,I mean nobody has the right to portray the Holy Spirit as being confused.
Men of God should mind what they say on the alter. If they want to take bride or turn politicians they must drop the microphone and leave the pulpit alone. They should not drag or confuse the congregation.
I know who I will vote for because I know he truth. 100 Rev. Mbakas, 1000 Pastor Tunde Bakares and 1000000 prophesies will not change my mind.So they should stop wasting their time.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by iffydave: 7:12am On Jan 06, 2015
BENZINA:
As a baptised and confirmed catholic I have never been so heartbroken.

Eyaaaaaaa

Take heart!
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by azimibraun: 7:14am On Jan 06, 2015
Is GEJ not grateful to God enough to make him president when some of his original mate age and schoolmates are still assistant directors in the state ministries? Why not make positive history rather than all these embarrassment. Some ppl shaa!!!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by sonssyo: 7:15am On Jan 06, 2015
catholics abi. muslim which way una deyy go.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Austin234(m): 7:21am On Jan 06, 2015
Those who issued d statement are not clergies of d catholic community. Therefore, i have my doubt on d above topic.
I wud like d bishop of Enugu roman catholic church to say sometin. Or is Mbaka d bishop of Enugu diocese?
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by kevoh(m): 7:25am On Jan 06, 2015
Monimatic:

According to him, as an ordained priest in charge of a parish, Christ the King Parish, and the spiritual director of Adoration Ministries, nobody is qualified to challenge any sermon he delivers from the altar.

http://leadership.ng/news/399872/catholic-church-disagrees-father-mbaka

Alas, there lies the problem with Nigerian Christianity. undecided
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by babzace(m): 7:29am On Jan 06, 2015
please don't turn the Bible upside down. Samuel annointed David only after Saul messed up and fell out of favour with God
Marc9:
Samuel endorsed and anointed Saul as the king. The same samuel later realised Saul had walked a different path from that of God, and the Spirit of God had left him, he went over to the house of Jesse, to anoint David as God's chosen king.

Prophets and Priests can commend
or condemn the rulership of kings, just the same way John the baptist condemned Harold and his wife. Elijah constantly condemned Ahab and his wife, Jezeebel.

Whatever Rev Father Mbaka said, it conforms with what the Spirit led him to say, unlike Ayo Oritsejafor, who puts on his ear-clogs whenever the Spirit is talking.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by valkaka(m): 7:31am On Jan 06, 2015
Ad4:
The rev has always been on his own. The Holy Spirit can not be confused and nobody,I mean nobody has the right to portray the Holy Spirit as being confused.
Men of God should mind what they say on the alter. If they want to take bride or turn politicians they must drop the microphone and leave the pulpit alone. They should not drag or confuse the congregation.
I know who I will vote for because I know he truth. 100 Rev. Mbakas, 1000 Pastor Tunde Bakares and 1000000 prophesies will not change my mind.So they should stop wasting their time.

you are sooo clueless and confused...no1 is askiing you to vote for GEJ nor BUHARI..rev mbaka made an opinion and a reasonable one for that matter which shud be taken into consideration.last time i checked,his opinion dnt say dat you and I shud vote for buhari nor GEJ.dont just bring ur own abeg

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by wuffdedonji: 7:31am On Jan 06, 2015
PDP trying to earn his pittance using the usual lies and personality attack on the messenger, not the message! Did mbaka lie in all he said or he did not say it well ? What's the attack all about, cus I read all he said & it seems to be true ,ABI naa lie? Say ur own

Yaradua - badluck
Naira - badluck
Economy - badluck
Refinery - badluck
Price of petrol - badluck
Subsidy - very bad luck from 300 B to over 2 Tr
ECA - badluck
Corruption - very very badluck
More than 20,000 killed in NE alone under retardafteen - badluck
300 girls kidnapped - bad luck
More churches bombed than ever - badluck
Pension Scam, billions stolen - badluck
$20 B missing and stolen - badluck
PWC Audit report not released - badluck
From $3.5 B debt to > $60 B debt under 6 years - badluck
Privatization of power with billions - still not light - badluck
Refinery not working - badluck
Palliatives - badluck
21 dead in Immigration exercise - badluck
Religious and tribalistic division of Nigerians - badluck
From surplus to deficit - badluck
Capital expenditure - badluck
Okonjo Iweala - badluck to Nigeria's economy

Now show me how this facts are not true rather than attacking the messenger. quote author=PAGAN9JA post=29531082]Story for jesus.

[size=48pt]catholic church - deceiving ppl since 100 AD.[/size][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by jmoore(m): 7:33am On Jan 06, 2015
TheReaIMrStan:
Father Mbaka never said he spoke on behalf of the Catholic church.

And besides, everything he said was true
grin That we should vote for GEJ and Buhari, is the truth? Everything indeed.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 06, 2015
BENZINA:
As a baptised and confirmed catholic I have never been so heartbroken.

Im not a catholic but there is nothing wrong with Mbaka. Even the current pope usually speak out against corrupt govt in Argentina. The only crime committed by Mbaka against some Ibos and Xtians is "why he support housa man and a muslim".??

It is only men and women with pure heart like Mbaka that can rise up against tribal and religious sentiments at evry high price. Mbaka will surely pay the price but he will be happy for speaking his mind.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by BABANGBALI: 7:37am On Jan 06, 2015
In anoda news

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by eldnix: 7:38am On Jan 06, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
Story for jesus.

[size=48pt]catholic church - deceiving ppl since 100 AD.[/size]
...hmmm yes dis is exactly the kind of oppurtunity u have been luking for to flaunt ur anti-catholic campaign...does it make sense dat you re a christian yet u talk so about a denomination in christiandom?or is it dat u re a muslim yet u talk about catholic which hardly cares it u re existing?...or an ethiest an talk about a denomination in christiandom which by the way u don't knw anytin about rite frm d inception of it?If this were an imam's declarations it wudnt have been such an issue or a trending topic here...ur words re ungarded an disgraceful....yes politics n religion re separate...bt its becos of religion we have politics I mean d real politic....dude u don't say anytin u pls jst becos u have a fone u can always pour out ur boredom to..whether fr mbaka said it or not with clear or unclear intentions dat shud b the least of ur worries...worry rather about what is to come...
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by BABANGBALI: 7:40am On Jan 06, 2015
jmoore:

grin That we should vote for GEJ and Buhari, is the truth? Everything indeed.
shekau dey talk to you

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by enkay11: 7:40am On Jan 06, 2015
cjrane:
Father Mbaka's political foray is beginning to embarrass me as a catholic.
. I dey tell you. I am really embarrassed.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by MRLINGTON(m): 7:41am On Jan 06, 2015
temitemi1:
Mbaka the campaign manager n d double mouthed father... GOD is watching sha... GEJ till 2019!!!

Go tell dem catholics dah we Catholics said 'None of em' is a bit better dan Mbaka nd wateva he says is wat we go with!!!' Mbaka till forever....

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by valkaka(m): 7:44am On Jan 06, 2015
Rev mbaka's new year resolution is sure sign that God has rejected this government owing to its unpardonable transgressions and anti people undertakings.i believe that Mr president and his cronies ve read mbaka's treaties and soon his goons and attack lions will launch a blizkreig campaiqne to discredit him.bt love mbaka or hate him,he has spoken the truth and the truth will prevail.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by abdulll6afh(m): 7:45am On Jan 06, 2015
According to my religion god does not allow wicked leader in power to stay long in office wether Xtain or muslim. I don't know xtain wether wHat they worship is allowing wicked leader to be last long
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by jmoore(m): 7:45am On Jan 06, 2015
BABANGBALI:
shekau dey talk to you
Wetin concern me and your brother Shekau?
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by mopol2(m): 7:51am On Jan 06, 2015
TheReaIMrStan:
Father Mbaka never said he spoke on behalf of the Catholic church.

And besides, everything he said was true
guy i love your reasoning....

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by valkaka(m): 7:52am On Jan 06, 2015
The point is that neither GEJ nor 8UHARI is qualified to lead us into promised land.may the will of God happen cum feb 14th.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by BABANGBALI: 7:54am On Jan 06, 2015
jmoore:

Wetin concern me and your brother Shekau?
him dey advice you now grin

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by BABANGBALI: 7:56am On Jan 06, 2015
valkaka:
Rev mbaka's new year resolution is sure sign that God has rejected this government owing to its unpardonable transgressions and anti people undertakings.i believe that Mr president and his cronies ve read mbaka's treaties and soon his goons and attack lions will launch a blizkreig campaiqne to discredit him.bt love mbaka or hate him,he has spoken the truth and the truth will prevail.
gbam

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Feraz(m): 7:59am On Jan 06, 2015
kevoh:

Alas, there lies the problem with Nigerian Christianity. undecided
A very serious problem. Even when the person is in the wrong, we aren't permitted to challenge him.... undecided

Let me watch how the Catholics will take this
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by watchindelta(m): 8:09am On Jan 06, 2015
but man of God supposed kn evil person nah aba! u praised evil yesterday u criticise evil today! abi d only spirit no dey he body since? rare
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by drnoel: 8:12am On Jan 06, 2015
Monimatic:
The Catholic Church has washed its hands off the ongoing controversy over the strong criticism of President Goodluck Jonathan by Rev Father Ejike Mbaka of Adoration Ministries in Enugu, accusing him of double-speaking.

The church said it did not authorise Mbaka to speak on its behalf, insisting that it is wrong for Mbaka to endorse the president and later warn the electorate not to vote for him during the February 14 presidential poll.

The church added that it did not have an official position on whose candidate the Catholic faithful should vote for, saying that as the largest Christian group, it is illogical for it to direct members to vote for certain candidates as the voters have the prerogative to exercise their inalienable rights in such a situation.

A catholic faithful, Mr Callistus Ebue, disclosed this during an interview with LEADERSHIP last night in Enugu.

He said, “The Catholic Church did not authorise Rev Father Mbaka to speak on its behalf. There is no way the church, with millions of its members, make a pronouncement on who to vote for during the February 14 presidential election. The church does not have an official position in this regard. The decision to vote for any candidate is the prerogative right of the church faithful just like any other Nigerian.”

While some of the Catholics in Enugu argue that Mbaka might have been led by the Holy Spirit in his pronouncement over Jonathan’s re-election bid, others said that the cleric ought not to have dabbled into the murky waters of politics.

According to a Catholic knight, Sir Abuchi Anueghiagu, Mbaka was initially inspired by the Holy Spirit to endorse the re-election of Jonathan, saying, however, that whatever Mbaka pronounced during his homily at the Adoration Ministries ground on December 31, 2014, was also a function of the leading of the Holy Spirit.

According to him, as an ordained priest in charge of a parish, Christ the King Parish, and the spiritual director of Adoration Ministries, nobody is qualified to challenge any sermon he delivers from the altar.

But another knight of the Catholic Church who spoke to LEADERSHIP on condition of anonymity condemned Mbaka of speaking from both sides of his mouth.

He said that having previously blessed Jonathan on his re-election bid, he ought not to have made a volte-face. He advised priests to be cautions of their pronouncements from the altar, as whatever they say has a way of affecting their followers either negatively or positively.

The Catholic bishop of Enugu Diocese, Rev Dr Calistus Onaga, could not be reached at the time of filing this report last night.

http://leadership.ng/news/399872/catholic-church-disagrees-father-mbaka

Mr Mbaka be informed that if u thought it necessary to hold someone down in the mud, u should also be prepared to get dirty. Sins against God the father and son is 4giveable but that to the holy spirit can never to 4 given and attracts eternal punishment. The holy spirit is an apolitical entity and doesn't go dabbing into politics.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by symbianDON(m): 8:13am On Jan 06, 2015
I have the video of the sermon on my phone. all mbaka said is the undiluted truth. the truth many, especially sycophants, don't want to hear. of course I am not surprised the Catholic bishops (note I didn't say church) is denying him. they are only patronizing the president. they want to appear to be good boys. they ought to just remain neutral in all of this. I am very sure they would have kept mute if mbaka had spoken about another presidential candidate besides GEJ.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Rolls Himself In Engine Oil During Church Crusade. See Photos / Mike Bamiloye And Wife, Gloria Celebrate 32nd Wedding Anniversary / If You Meet God And He Allowed You To Ask Him One Question, What Would It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.