Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka (32740 Views)

''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church / Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest / Rev. Father Mbaka Visits Buhari And Osinbajo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by LMAyedun(m): 6:25am On Jan 06, 2015
Na wah oo
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 06, 2015
Father Mbaka is angry because Bank alert no Enter from Aso Rock as promised............ lipsrsealed so he just change his mind to tell Nigerians how go dey go.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by yyb14: 6:26am On Jan 06, 2015
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by eneres: 6:27am On Jan 06, 2015
I'm a catholic and my parish priest or any other priest can not decide who I will vote for. Same way I don't tell him who to vote for.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by tempex88(m): 6:27am On Jan 06, 2015
)
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by kenechiwilliams: 6:28am On Jan 06, 2015
Am speechless concerning ds issue. God help us
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by johnsonjosbles(m): 6:30am On Jan 06, 2015
Let them continue to disagree, sebi,jonathan boys bomb catholic church in madala in niger state outsketch of Abuja on one xmas day like that and killed many of dia brethren,what did jonathan govt did was to releas the prime suspect and many attack on catholic fomation across the country, did catholic ever reflect on on d death of dia loved 1nce,did they loved them selfs, they should give jonathan another 4yrs, his boys will just sack catholic from ealy morning service across d country, believe me jona don't give a damn.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by pacodas: 6:31am On Jan 06, 2015
Responses above show that people hardly read articles again. I weep for my people cry
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by ritux: 6:32am On Jan 06, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
Story for jesus.

[size=48pt]catholic church - deceiving ppl since 100 AD.[/size]

You may be a pagan but please watch your tongue.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by PerfumeRepublik: 6:35am On Jan 06, 2015
I still wonder why all the fuss about this Mbaka Homie. Is this all about the same mbaka I know?
Nnamani won the elections wayback and the Rev'd still hasn't removed his cassock like he promised.
Na now I understand all these press/internet blowing Poo out of proportion.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Nobody: 6:35am On Jan 06, 2015
Politicsssssss inside church oooo there's god,mbaka is also a Nigerian, he also buy food, petrol etc he's affected by bad luck so he have to say it.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by kristisking(m): 6:35am On Jan 06, 2015
Lies!Okojie was the one that actually started it.Their unholy alliance with APC is as a result of the hatred they have for GEJ.What a pity! Our so called men of God have thrown decorum to the wind by participating in partisan politics.God is watching all of you.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 06, 2015
Breathing space u say?
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by talented16guy: 6:37am On Jan 06, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
Monimatic:
The Catholic Church has washed its hands off the ongoing controversy over the strong criticism of President Goodluck Jonathan by Rev Father Ejike Mbaka of Adoration Ministries in Enugu, accusing him of double-speaking.

The church said it did not authorise Mbaka to speak on its behalf, insisting that it is wrong for Mbaka to endorse the president and later warn the electorate not to vote for him during the February 14 presidential poll.

The church added that it did not have an official position on whose candidate the Catholic faithful should vote for, saying that as the largest Christian group, it is illogical for it to direct members to vote for certain candidates as the voters have the prerogative to exercise their inalienable rights in such a situation.

A catholic faithful, Mr Callistus Ebue, disclosed this during an interview with LEADERSHIP last night in Enugu.

He said, “The Catholic Church did not authorise Rev Father Mbaka to speak on its behalf. There is no way the church, with millions of its members, make a pronouncement on who to vote for during the February 14 presidential election. The church does not have an official position in this regard. The decision to vote for any candidate is the prerogative right of the church faithful just like any other Nigerian.”

While some of the Catholics in Enugu argue that Mbaka might have been led by the Holy Spirit in his pronouncement over Jonathan’s re-election bid, others said that the cleric ought not to have dabbled into the murky waters of politics.

According to a Catholic knight, Sir Abuchi Anueghiagu, Mbaka was initially inspired by the Holy Spirit to endorse the re-election of Jonathan, saying, however, that whatever Mbaka pronounced during his homily at the Adoration Ministries ground on December 31, 2014, was also a function of the leading of the Holy Spirit.

According to him, as an ordained priest in charge of a parish, Christ the King Parish, and the spiritual director of Adoration Ministries, nobody is qualified to challenge any sermon he delivers from the altar.

But another knight of the Catholic Church who spoke to LEADERSHIP on condition of anonymity condemned Mbaka of speaking from both sides of his mouth.

He said that having previously blessed Jonathan on his re-election bid, he ought not to have made a volte-face. He advised priests to be cautions of their pronouncements from the altar, as whatever they say has a way of affecting their followers either negatively or positively.

The Catholic bishop of Enugu Diocese, Rev Dr Calistus Onaga, could not be reached at the time of filing this report last night.

http://leadership.ng/news/399872/catholic-church-disagrees-father-mbaka
When u say 'A' then you 'B', it means B superceeds A cos what ever u said in B is the final answer and nothing can change that so the christain followers should bewere that the destiny of thiis nation lies in our hands.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by ritux: 6:37am On Jan 06, 2015
cjrane:
Father Mbaka's political foray is beginning to embarrass me as a catholic.

Same here. I'm becoming more embarrassed as a Catholic faithful.
If Fr Mbaka claims he was led by the Holy Spirit, why was he trying to reach the first lady? Did the Holy Spirit tell him to inform the first lady before making it public in his sermon? I really don't get him.

Our Priest and Clergy men should be mindful of what they say during this crucial time in our democracy.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by kindnyce(m): 6:39am On Jan 06, 2015
So,now dat fr mbaka attacks Jonathan,he is disowned by the catholics....

Talk of double standard

Anyway GMB ALL THE WAY

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Abugab(m): 6:42am On Jan 06, 2015
Fr Mbaka is a Nigerian who feels the pains or gains of govt. He is a priest who presides over a parish with a good number of Parishioners who are part and parcel of the Nigerian system. People are saying why did he dabble into politics not knowing that politics evolved from religion. Go to Central African Republic and see that no single person gets elected without the church's support. The Catholic bishops here are more powerful than even those in govt. Fr Mbaka is a Nigerian and he has every right to say whatever hee want's to say like everyone of us. Ayo Oritsejafor is with GEJ and nobody has killed him. Hasn't CAN been politicized already or is it because the leardership is for GEJ? It's now news cos Fr Mbaka spoke against GEJ but when PEJ visited and spoke good about their re-election nobody knew. This our mumu politics of allowing anything to happen and be hiding under religion should stop. The truth be told always no matter whose ox is gored. Padre, ride on joor

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by obekah(m): 6:44am On Jan 06, 2015
[color=#000099][/color][i][/i] just like any social creature may say " its a free world" you have the right to speak whatever you want to with your mouth.... I put it to you this day that the word of Your Lord God Almighty in Zech 13v1-9 will surely come to pass in this our present life/time of prophecies everwhere.

You see,dear NairaLanders, am a born-Catholic , grew in Catholic & proudly Catholic. I don't put my trust in prophet(modern day's). The bible said in Eph 1v16-23 "put ur trust in Christ Jesus"

Do read/study ;
Zechariah 13:1-9 and,
Ephesian 1:16-23.

There you will understand my basis and exactly where am coming from. Let's be wise while we wait upon our saviour JESUS !

God bless us all that believe in Christ Jesus.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Rawani: 6:45am On Jan 06, 2015
What rubbish? The source was a Catholic faithful Since when can an ordinary church goer represent the entire Catholic Church? That could be a disgruntled paid TANdroid for all we know.

Monimatic:
The Catholic Church has washed its hands off the ongoing controversy over the strong criticism of President Goodluck Jonathan by Rev Father Ejike Mbaka of Adoration Ministries in Enugu, accusing him of double-speaking.

The church said it did not authorise Mbaka to speak on its behalf, insisting that it is wrong for Mbaka to endorse the president and later warn the electorate not to vote for him during the February 14 presidential poll.

The church added that it did not have an official position on whose candidate the Catholic faithful should vote for, saying that as the largest Christian group, it is illogical for it to direct members to vote for certain candidates as the voters have the prerogative to exercise their inalienable rights in such a situation.

[size=14pt]A catholic faithful, Mr Callistus Ebue, disclosed this during an interview with LEADERSHIP last night in Enugu.[/size]

He said, “The Catholic Church did not authorise Rev Father Mbaka to speak on its behalf. There is no way the church, with millions of its members, make a pronouncement on who to vote for during the February 14 presidential election. The church does not have an official position in this regard. The decision to vote for any candidate is the prerogative right of the church faithful just like any other Nigerian.”

While some of the Catholics in Enugu argue that Mbaka might have been led by the Holy Spirit in his pronouncement over Jonathan’s re-election bid, others said that the cleric ought not to have dabbled into the murky waters of politics.

The Catholic bishop of Enugu Diocese, Rev Dr Calistus Onaga, could not be reached at the time of filing this report last night.

http://leadership.ng/news/399872/catholic-church-disagrees-father-mbaka

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:45am On Jan 06, 2015
TheReaIMrStan:
Father Mbaka never said he spoke on behalf of the Catholic church.

And besides, everything he said was true

That means he lied on November 9th.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by collins123(m): 6:46am On Jan 06, 2015
BENZINA:
As a baptised and confirmed catholic I have never been so heartbroken.

Learn to live with it. The sun does not shine everyday.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:46am On Jan 06, 2015
ritux:

You may be a pagan but please watch your tongue.

What will happen to his tongue?
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by obekah(m): 6:48am On Jan 06, 2015
Abugab:
Fr Mbaka is a Nigerian who feels the pains or gains of govt. He is a priest who presides over a parish with a good number of Parishioners who are part and parcel of the Nigerian system. People are saying why did he dabble into politics not knowing that politics evolved from religion. Go to Central African Republic and see that no single person gets elected without the church's support. The Catholic bishops here are more powerful than even those in govt. Fr Mbaka is a Nigerian and he has every right to say whatever hee want's to say like everyone of us. Ayo Oritsejafor is with GEJ and nobody has killed him. Hasn't CAN been politicized already or is it because the leardership is for GEJ? It's now news cos Fr Mbaka spoke against GEJ but when PEJ visited and spoke good about their re-election nobody knew. This our mumu politics of allowing anything to happen and be hiding under religion should stop. The truth be told always no matter whose ox is gored. Padre, ride on joor

U r on ur own Ooo young man !
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by arigold1304(m): 6:50am On Jan 06, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
Story for jesus.

[size=48pt]catholic church - deceiving ppl since 100 AD.[/size]
church cant deceive you rather you deceive yourself............

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Nuella222(f): 6:50am On Jan 06, 2015
Pope must hear this, the way we do it in Rome is very very different.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Geeweeny(m): 6:51am On Jan 06, 2015
Marc9:
Samuel endorsed and anointed Saul as the king. The same samuel later realised Saul had walked a different path from that of God, and the Spirit of God had left him, he went over to the house of Jesse, to anoint David as God's chosen king.

Prophets and Priests can commend
or condemn the rulership of kings, just the same way John the baptist condemned Harold and his wife. Elijah constantly condemned Ahab and his wife, Jezeebel.

Whatever Rev Father Mbaka said, it conforms with what the Spirit led him to say, unlike Ayo Oritsejafor, who puts on his ear-clogs whenever the Spirit is talking.
That was the old Israel, there was nothing like election and campaign,it z just God in control,choosing who to lead, the prophet's job was just to anoint the chosen
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by obynoud1: 6:51am On Jan 06, 2015
Fr mbaka expect money and as the money didn't come,he change mouth.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Geeweeny(m): 6:52am On Jan 06, 2015
[quote author=Geeweeny post=29531605]
That was the old Israel, there was nothing like election and campaign,it z just God in control,choosing who to lead, the prophet's job was just to anoint the chosen,the priest had no hand in selecting on who to lead
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Konnektions146(m): 6:53am On Jan 06, 2015
Please does anyone have the clip where Mbaka endorsed Jonathan?
I need to see it

Moreso, Why has this issue being blown off this way? could it be because GEJ is an Incumbent or he has the money?

Assuming Mbaka was for GEJ, no one would talk,
I have some issues with him taking outright side but even at that, he is Human and as well a Nigerian Citizen who is affected by the Government and who stays at the helm.

I heard some folks say Buhari paid MBAKA, you may check that Mbaka guy well, he has a lot , investments, industries and companies making some decent cash for the upkeep of His ministry and other philantropic gestures.

Please I am not in support of any political party or even any candidate until election day, i would decide.

But Jonathan guys are giving Buhari more popularity with all these.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by livinbygrace: 6:55am On Jan 06, 2015
Maxwell86:
Light and Darkness can never mix.. .

Entering the murky and extremely dirty waters of Nigerian politics never did any one good.. .

Priests are supposed to stay neutral in my opinion...

So many hypocrites in this country.until Boko haram wipe out all the whole Christians in the north?Most of the do called pastors condemning father mbaka are all from the south.Is it because you people can still worship daily in your churches without fear?
Infact many people don't go to church again in the north because of fear and we have a president?Are they saying all the northern Christians re animals and liable to die ?I don tire for all dis pastors drama...kudos to father mbaka..we need more of you,though am not a catholic but speak the mind of the masses.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by rofesobi33(m): 6:57am On Jan 06, 2015
it is no more news to realize that our president GEJ has failed in governing and we need change to really move forward as a nation. i am not a politician and i have never dream to be one but it is absolute facts that we can not be building developmental project on basis of corruption, inequality and mismanagement and expect manna to fall from heaven. This is not about religion but about our better Nigeria and we must all stand up in one voice to effect the change by embracing the change and come out in masses come February to exercise our civic right and let all the glutton politicians believe that "Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish in our country." as quoted by Abraham Lincoln.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by valkaka(m): 7:02am On Jan 06, 2015
cocoduck:
The Bible says that if you sin against God or Jesus you may be forgiven but if anyone blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, there is no forgiveness.

hmmmm...now you are being judgemental...who told yu dat he has sinned against the holy spirit??...people and their inherent judgemental attitude...so very gross!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / Oyedepo: "Nigeria’s Healing Is Taking Place Now" / Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.