Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,633 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria - Agriculture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria (50101 Views)

Can You Supply Us With Good Agric Products? We Will Provide You With Capital. / Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. / Snail Farming Exposed - A Complete Free Guide To Profitable Snail Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
Stay connected
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
The path to fulfilment and wealth is the way of agribusiness.
Kickstart it.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Liadi2(m): 6:05am On Aug 05, 2015
Good morning, pls i want to know if watermelon can be found planted with plantain and more so pls I need trained don't mind visiting any farm located within ibadan am Corp member serving in Rivers State but am presently in ibadan now I want to exploit d opportunity to gain some thing b4 I embark on agriculture journey
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:48am On Aug 05, 2015
Liadi2:
Good morning, pls i want to know if watermelon can be found planted with plantain and more so pls I need trained don't mind visiting any farm located within ibadan am Corp member serving in Rivers State but am presently in ibadan now I want to exploit d opportunity to gain some thing b4 I embark on agriculture journey
It can be intercrop.
You can come over to my ogbomoso farm for training
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Liadi2(m): 1:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

It can be intercrop.
You can come over to my ogbomoso farm for training
any charges for d training sir u know we Corp no get money
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2015
Liadi2:
any charges for d training sir u know we Corp no get money
grin
Its not free and its not too expensive but will want you to look at the value you will get and how it will make you a better agropreneur
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:19am On Aug 06, 2015
The fastest way to kick start a buoyant economy is by venturing into agribusiness.
More jobs will be generated, more revenue and more wealth created.
Join the train, Do agribusiness
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2015
Know more...make more.
#learnagribusiness
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by aghr(m): 3:59am On Aug 07, 2015
Great work guys... I have been following this thread for quite a while now(although passively)... I agree to the fact that there is a pressing need to plan for or find a system through which one can sell their produce... I must say that I feel for our farmers and local producers in this country and in Africa at large
Because they put so much effort to produce and yet don't get as much demand for what they produce.
This can be frustrating.

...however things are better now

Some really creative initiatives are coming up; for promoting goods locally produced in Africa so as to meet more customers and sell more. These initiatives would go a long way to help bridge the gap between borders; creating a seemless system for trade within African countries and also the global world.

The bottom line of this is the best way to support our farmers, manufacturers and business people is to activate trade. Because when our producers get more customers to purchase their good.... They would be encouraged to produce more.

I am a marketing expert and have had opportunity of being part of a team that has developed a platform exactly fit to help African producers get customers online... And so far, though in its early stage, its been successful! People are actually using the system to get customers from different part within Nigeria and other countries in Africa.

My personal BB pin: 5600305f.. Ask me questions and I'd be glad to answer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:26am On Aug 07, 2015
Good morning people!!![quote author=aghr post=3669benefitreat work guys... I have been following this thread for quite a while now(although passively)... I agree to the fact that there is a pressing need to plan for or find a system through which one can sell their produce... I must say that I feel for our farmers and local producers in this country and in Africa at large
Because they put so much effort to produce and yet don't get as much demand for what they produce.
This can be frustrating.
...however things are better now
Some really creative initiatives are coming up; for promoting goods locally produced in Africa so as to meet more customers and sell more. These initiatives would go a long way to help bridge the gap between borders; creating a seemless system for trade within African countries and also the global world.
The bottom line of this is the best way to support our farmers, manufacturers and business people is to activate trade. Because when our producers get more customers to purchase their good.... They would be encouraged to produce more.
I am a marketing expert and have had opportunity of being part of a team that has developed a platform exactly fit to help African producers get customers online... And so far, though in its early stage, its been successful! People are actually using the system to get customers from different part within Nigeria and other countries in Africa.
My personal BB pin: 5600305f.. Ask me questions and I'd be glad to answer[/quote]
Can you please share the platform for everyone to benefit?
Thanks
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by aghr(m): 6:17pm On Aug 07, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
Good morning people!!!
.....attached is an about us document of the platform.... Or goto the platform directly: cokodeal.com

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by aghr(m): 6:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
Get customers within Nigeria and in Africa for your produce on cokodeal.com. Africa's no1 platform to meet exporters, importers, farmers, producers of different crafts, suppliers, manufacturers of goods produced in Africa.

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by agrobiz873: 7:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
aghr:
Get customers within Nigeria and in Africa for your produce on cokodeal.com. Africa's no1 platform to meet exporters, importers, farmers, producers of different crafts, suppliers, manufacturers of goods produced in Africa.
Nice idea.
Will register
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by aghr(m): 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2015
agrobiz873:

Nice idea.
Will register
Thanks... Just feel free to ask me any questions
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:12am On Aug 11, 2015
aghr:
Was trying the site but not going through
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by aghr(m): 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

Was trying the site but not going through
cokodeal.com... try checking your spelling... sometimes due to low network broadband, things like that can happen. But its ok just give it another try, im sure it would go through.
keep me posted, thanks
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
aghr:

cokodeal.com... try checking your spelling... sometimes due to low network broadband, things like that can happen. But its ok just give it another try, im sure it would go through.
keep me posted, thanks
I will check it again and get back to you.

1 Like

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:35pm On Aug 12, 2015
Cokodeal is yet to b available
Tried many times
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by boomies24: 11:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
Lesgupnigeria you're reallly inspiring tnk u sir 4 dis good wrks am kind of luving all wot am reading here I will also like to add up on whatsapp 4 more clarifications sir
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:04am On Aug 13, 2015
boomies24:
Lesgupnigeria you're reallly inspiring tnk u sir 4 dis good wrks am kind of luving all wot am reading here I will also like to add up on whatsapp 4 more clarifications sir
Thank you very much.
You can add me on 08164628081.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:47am On Aug 14, 2015
I am promoting agribusiness because I know that's where the prosperity of the economy lies.
I have seen more people embrace agriculture that it was 2 years ago and are making impact
Do agric....it pays
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:21am On Aug 15, 2015
Stay connected with this thread to learn more
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:46am On Aug 16, 2015
If you have cassava to sell, buyers are available
You can contact me.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:57am On Aug 17, 2015
You want to get good price for your produce?Get at least 5 buyers and go with the highest bidder.
This only applies to produce that does not need to be processed before it reaches the populace.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
Some times,you get selling experience by making mistakes and learning from them .
When you make low sales,what do you learn and how can you correct them next time?
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:19am On Aug 18, 2015
One thing that you must strive for to have a optimum price for your produce is QUALITY.
when you have a good produce, the rest will take care of itself.
Getting good quality also boils down to good management.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by FarmTech(m): 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2015
@Op pls read this new posting rule: https://www.nairaland.com/2526388/warning-front-page-hijacking-no. Front page hijacking not allowed.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Idowu2828: 4:15pm On Aug 18, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
I will be sharing some of my strategies i used in selling some of my produce in the market.

I remember some years back when i sold over 15 acres of water melon and my profit was low,i was infuriated but after some days a farmer friend told me this trick in selling watermelon and since then anytime i farm watermelon,i use the method and have been working for me with good profit

Normally sellers buys watermelon in Cabstar trucks,a very good watermelon sells for #70k/truck but the monetary value of melon the truck will take is more than #300k if each watermelon is sold in the market.

The last time i farm watermelon, i sold each one of them #250 but they are very big.
1month before harvesting,i had meet with dozen of potential buyers and i was able to get a good one ready to buy at my own term.

If you are selling watermelon in the open market,i think this is a good strategy for you.

NOTE: If you are going to be selling each watermelon on your farm,it should be large ( to have a good negotiating power),the last one i sold was twice the size of the normal watermelon in the market.

Farming Tips For Bigger Size Watermelon.

Maintain spacing of 2m*2m.
Spray insecticides every 2weeks.
If you are planting during September or early february add GNLD.

If you are not ready to devote more of your time,watermelon is not for you....you can ask soloxam,he will tell you that.
Good sharing bro, am just joining the team, what's the meaning of GNLD bro?
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Idowu2828: 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

Ok.From my experience,first buyer are always opportunist.They want to take advantage of you.

I know the reason why you want to sell to the first buyer, You want to sell to the first buyer because of fear that if you dont sell so fast,you might not see buyers to sell to.
The buyer can read your mind and thereby tend to put out a ridiculous price for your products....i am been in that situation before.

In order to safeguard yourself, contact and negotiate with at least 10 buyers a months before harvesting your crop.
This will help you more in your sales.
i have always enjoy ur knowledge Sharing on this platform Bro, even a professional Marketer can't do more than what u are sharing here, God Bless all of our Heroes @world1, Lesgupnigeria, Boluwajoko etc that I can't mention here...
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Idowu2828: 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
A lot of farmers on this agric section keep criticizing the Minister of Agriculture that all the youth programmes are propanganda but thank God,i was able to see some witnesses that have enjoyed what the government have been doing in the agric sector.

I have said it more than once that i am not a politician or a card carrying member of any political parties but an agro-preneur and i should be able to say what i am seeing and encourage the doubting thomases..lol to key into the programmes.

I have seen improvement in the agricultural sector during this present administration than any other.

Although a lot of things are still.needed to.be done which have not been done by the federal government and things which are not to be done that are being done but i will not want to distract you by delving into all that.

I.got this SMS this afternoon from BOA:

Your BOA Greencash will soon be funded, part of this fund is not cashable. Contact NCGA for your inputs or call 0808*******, 0816******* Powered by Cellulant

Few hours later,i.got another message;

Dear YUSUF O. A You have been credited with the sum of N320000 for the NCGA Cassava Programme. .Sender:BOA, Ref:1510913300111 Date:09/Jan/2015 13:30:02.Avail Balance:NGN320000.00

About some minutes later,i.got another message;

The money you received is for Cassava Stems, Land prep, Chemicals through the NCGA, contact NCGA for an ATM card to withdraw the cash for chemical application.

Less or bias information will delay your progress,get good information.from only informed people
For youths with little or no resources to venture into agricbusiness,it will do you good to take advantage of this.
Do.not be misled,agricultural revolution is real.

Register at any agric ministry in your local govt area. and also any registered and government recognised cooperative.

I hope this help someone.
God bless u 4 this informations
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by gnldcares4you: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
Super Gro The Wonderful Natural Liquid Fertilizer

The Super Gro Liquid Fertilizer is a nontoxic, non caustic and non flammable making it safe and easy to handle and use. Very concentrated and economical, mixed with water in a dilution of 1:1000. Suitable for use on all indoor and outdoor vegetation. Perfect match with Super 10 to drive away ALL insects and pests in your farms when mixed together be fore spraying.

GNLD Super Gro is a miracle wonder formula that increases harvest for crops, trees, and fish farmers
Super Gro can be used for all kinds of agricultural crops and trees
VEGETABLES; Ugu, Spinach, Cabbage, Carrots, Okro, etc.
ROOT CROPS & TUBERS; Yam, Cassava, Cocoyam, etc.
FRUITS; Pineapple, Mangoes, Oranges, Pawpaw, etc.
GRAINS; Beans, Rice, Maize, Soyabeans, Groundnut, etc.
Super Gro can also be used to improve the quality in;
FISH FARMING; Catfish, etc

How Does GNLD Super Gro Works;On one hand, an adjuvant is an agent designed to aid in substances’ action.On the other hand,surfactants are wetting agents.

As a surfactant, GNLD Super Gro acts as an emulsifier to disperse oils, as a wetting agent to lower surface tension and as a dispersing agent to reduce adhesion between particles of chemicals, so they will spread and remain in solution longer.
GNLD Super Gro makes other agricultural treatments a farmer uses (like fertiliser, insecticides and pesticides), perform better by helping them penetrate deeper, stick better, stay longer and work more effectively.

GNLD’s Super Gro Natural Liquid Fertilizer improves crop yield by as much as 167% during harvest.
Use with Super 10 or LDC to kill and drive off ALL insects and pects from your crops, plants and or animals**

Key Features

GNLD’s Super Gro acts as both an adjuvant and a surfactant.
On one hand, an adjuvant is an agent designed to aid in substances’ action.
On the other hand,surfactants are wetting agents.
Optimizes water use by overcoming water repellent.
Increasing the rate of soil penetration.
Reduces run-off and evaporation.
Compatible with agricultural aids and can improve the performance of pesticides.
Insecticides and fertilizers.
It helps you make the most of water by making it wetter.
It increases water absorption for Plants, Lawns, Gardens and your Farms.
Promotes Soil penetration, thereby minimize water loss, runoffs and evaporation.
Several domestic and agricultural applications - indoors & outdoors.
Economical - just one or two droops per litre of water (1:1,000 dilution)

Contact me with: info_anchoragelinksltd@yahoo.com or Direct Calls with: 08063894916/08098277410
Anthony Okeremute; shipment is FREE Nationwide to ALL Fedex Express Courier Offices from the GNLD Headquarters in Lagos.

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Nelton(m): 7:23pm On Aug 18, 2015
FarmTech:
@Op pls read this new posting rule: https://www.nairaland.com/2526388/warning-front-page-hijacking-no. Front page hijacking not allowed.
I am not sure that post is in reference to this thread because I am not sure that OP is trying to hijack fp. This thread has been educative so far and the OP trys to update it from time to time so for a lot of us that have Been following we are quite comfortable with it. The above link is making reference to threads that are without substance and just seeking attention.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

See Snake I Found On My Farm While Harvesting Cassava / Made In Nigeria Rice From Niger & Kebi States (Photos) / Starting A Plantain Farming.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.