Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl (18926 Views)

17-Year-Old IPOB Member Killed During Trump Rally In Port-Harcourt. Graphic Pics / Nigerian Army Denies Planning A Coup Against Buhari / Kano Denies Restricting Movement On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by kenex4ever(m): 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
emalek86:
There is a truth in every rumour, I know u almost did it.
the rumor only succeeded in making him allow d girl to turn 18 b4 he will marry her.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
Firefire:
SLS further stated that he has not and will not contract a marriage with any woman under 18.

But you will not also advise your followers against it ?

[size=14pt]
Let us say NO to girl-child marriage in Nigeria.[/size]
Did you somehow miss where he said he supports a union only when both parties attain the age of 18yrs old?

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Firefire(m): 5:31pm On Jan 06, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
Did you somehow miss where he said he supports a union only when both parties attain the age of 18yrs old?

Firefire:

Word without action is meaningless undecided
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Bawss1(m): 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2015
Eme9:
You people should read the Emir's lips. He's being smart.
He is telling you his wife can be 18 or 19 years old. But certainly not under 18.
Now My people tell me, what's the different between these age brackets. That is the wickedness of lslam and Men for you.

Are you daft? Any girl who is 18 or above is no longer considered a child. Take your hatred for Islam elsewhere.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Clemzy16(m): 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
Keep calm! He's eventually gonna get married to her immediatly she turns 18..
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by iyalndade01: 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2015
these marriage is a religious not constitutional so guys stop wasting ur time n saliva nothing is gonna stop it
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Cypriandro(m): 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
Dis is horrible
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Kolade354(m): 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
Na wa o

I thank the Lord Sarkin Iskoki for making it to the front page/first2comment and i thank all the Gods (Iska) for guiding my material shell in truth and spirit. I would also like to thank my parents for birthing me and my family and friends for supporting and being there for me .

I pray to the GODS under the guidance of our forefathers of Nigeria to free Our Land from the scourge and menace of islam and christianity and for the peaceful non-fanatic non-proseltysing religion of our forefathers and tribes to be restored bak on this sacred soil towards which all pilgrimage must be directed by those of pure heart and soul.

Lastly I pray to the holy Iskoki to free Hausa Bakwai from the clutches of these Fulani cattle herders of no royal stock who claim rule and dominance over this dominion of Sarkin Bayanjidda. My great nation that once held sway over the entire Trans-Saharan route now wastes precious time speculating over the number of young women these se.x-starved mallams vie over.

There is no so-called "Emir of Kano".

There can only be a Sarkin Kano as a Full-Blooded Hausa descendant of Sarkin Bayanjidda , our great progenitor.

We look towards our true Habe rulers in Daura, Kebbi-Argungu and Niger for guidance.

Long Live Nigeria.
Long Live Hausaland.
Long Live the Free Pagan Spirit.

#Nigeria4Paganism
bro which type of religion is this..........I have interest in this pagan spirit.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Bawss1(m): 5:46pm On Jan 06, 2015
There are many fools who will insist that this report must be a lie because of their hatred for any faith that is different from theirs.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 06, 2015
who d jobless bloggers parading fake rumors around. must u b dirty to make ur cool cash? idiot of a stupidity

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Justicealh3(m): 5:56pm On Jan 06, 2015
Sir Emir Sanusi. Wlh I Support U 4 Married Under Age One. Hmmm.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by idu1(m): 5:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
People are impregnating all those we called minors on the streets of nigeria. Nobody hear or critized it. As it come be hause, muslim and emir now. They done carry there microphone they announce it.... Hypocrites....

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by mustymatic(m): 6:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
Firefire:
SLS further stated that he has not and will not contract a marriage with any woman under 18.

[size=14pt]
Swear to ur Lord that you've never dated or slept with an underage. That's all
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by jkendy(m): 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
Truly, the voice of the people is the voice of God.
If not that we shouted on SLS through these media houses, he would hav gone ahead and commit such child abuse.

e work 4 Senator Ahmed Yerima Bakura
but e no go work 4u o.

Keep ya pri.ck in peace, fella !!!
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Janetozi(f): 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
He is waiting for the girl to turn 18, it is just a matter of some months.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Firefire(m): 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2015
mustymatic:

Swear to ur Lord that you've never dated or slept with an underage. That's all

You need deliverance undecided angry
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Haywhymido(m): 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
emalek86:
There is a truth in every rumour, I know u almost did it.
i heard a rumour dat u stole an apple in d market. According to wat u wrote above dat means u nearly steal it. A very wrong assumption 4rm u bro

3 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by mustymatic(m): 7:26pm On Jan 06, 2015
Firefire:

You need deliverance undecided angry
Before nko?
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by mustymatic(m): 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
Na wa o

I thank the Lord Sarkin Iskoki for making it to the front page/first2comment and i thank all the Gods (Iska) for guiding my material shell in truth and spirit. I would also like to thank my parents for birthing me and my family and friends for supporting and being there for me .

I pray to the GODS under the guidance of our forefathers of Nigeria to free Our Land from the scourge and menace of islam and christianity and for the peaceful non-fanatic non-proseltysing religion of our forefathers and tribes to be restored bak on this sacred soil towards which all pilgrimage must be directed by those of pure heart and soul.

Lastly I pray to the holy Iskoki to free Hausa Bakwai from the clutches of these Fulani cattle herders of no royal stock who claim rule and dominance over this dominion of Sarkin Bayanjidda. My great nation that once held sway over the entire Trans-Saharan route now wastes precious time speculating over the number of young women these se.x-starved mallams vie over.

There can only be a Sarkin Kano as a Full-Blooded Hausa descendant of Sarkin Bayanjidda , our great progenitor.

We look towards our true Habe rulers in Daura, Kebbi-Argungu and Niger for guidance.

Long Live Nigeria.
Long Live Hausaland.

#Nigeria4Paganism
u need Jesus
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2015
mustymatic:

u need Jesus

Ur papa needs jesus.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Luckygurl(f): 7:43pm On Jan 06, 2015
allisonluvsu:

The time is now bro

Point of correction! I'm not a bro.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by makhez019(m): 7:48pm On Jan 06, 2015
;DMuslims too like tight punny
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by jude33084(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
allisonluvsu:

The moment they come for ur kid sister it will be ur business. angry

Meanwhile una kid sisters at 17 are doing one leg up for Mr. Johnson at the back of SS 3 building undecided
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by otabs555: 8:46pm On Jan 06, 2015
What is he doing with forth wife #ashawo na only u like toto #atulu
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by kiowy(m): 9:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
Na wa o

Long Live Nigeria.
Long Live Hausaland.

#Nigeria4Paganism
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Gamesmart: 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
Firefire:

[size=14pt]

You forgot to put on your spectacles?

Responding to a question about marriage between adult men and underage girls, the Emir of Kano stated that he fully supports the right of children not to get forcibly married before attaining the constitutionally stipulated age of 18 years.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by nicecash: 7:07am On Jan 07, 2015
MARRIAGE IN ISLAMIC SHARIA

Woman has the right to accept or reject marriage proposals. Her consent is a prerequisite to the validity of the marital contract, according to the Prophet’s teaching. It follows that if an "arranged marriage" means the marrying of a female without her consent, then such a marriage may be annulled if the female so wishes:

Ibn Abbas reported that a girl came to the Messenger of Allah, and she reported that her father had forced her to marry without her consent. The Messenger of God gave her the choice...(between accepting the marriage or invalidating it) (Ahmad, Hadith no. 2469). another version of the report states that “the girl said: ‘Actually, I accept this marriage, but I wanted to let women know that parents have no right to force a husband on them.’” (Ibn-Majah).

The Muslim scholar, Dr. Bilal Philips had to say the following about Chilad marriage in a recent interview:

The concept of child marriage, of course in Islam, if a person classified as a child is married, when they reached the age of puberty and maturity, then they have a right to choose whether to go on with that marriage or not. So it becomes a marriage on paper. You know, they take place on paper on agreements with families; it is not going to be done again between individuals where the possibility of exploitation is, you know, more prevalent; but once the person reaches of age, it could be between two young people or could be a younger person and an older person, you know, either way male-female, female-male and when they reach that age of puberty then the decision is theirs. I know there has been something in the newspaper quite recently also, you know, concerning there is a girl in some place in the States who is about 13 years old got married, you know; it was a big thing to do that , particularly in the States; that State doesn't have clear laws prohibiting it. So there was a big uproar about it, you know. But it had been going on for quiet a long time … in the previous century the nineteenth, eighteenth … this is something not uncommon. The desire to want to protect young people is a genuine desire; but where, you know, families are involved, people are not being forced etc, then this is not something which should be looked at in the negative light. But before we go on to another issue, there is another point that I think is important, to touch on in the arranged marriage setup. Why it is that the West is so much opposed to this and that would … I think this is an important point because if it was common in the West before but now it is looked at so negatively there must be some factor and I think this is what we need to address that really from a Western point of view because the families are broken up to such a degree that individuals are now on their own - a young woman leaves her home, she reaches her mid teens or whatever, she has to go out on her own and fend for herself. The idea of parents coming after that by telling who's good for you to marry this one or that one, it becomes ludicrous because she is now on her own taking care of herself. Why would anybody now want to come and tell her whom she should marry or would be good for her to marry. This is something totally in her own hands. Similarly with the young man : no suggestions, why suggestions because he is taking care of himself and so it is in this context that the idea of an arranged marriage may seem so unnatural whereas in the context where families are intact, you know, and children remain in the home until, you know, they reach the point of marriage and then they leave the home, then, it is not unreasonable or not, you know, it should not seem strange and it doesn't to those people to marry on this basis.
Al-Azhar Al-Sharif, the highest religious body in the Sunni world, has recently released a new manual on the rights of Muslim children.

"Marriage in Islam is regulated by certain rules, namely, children must reach puberty and maturity so that they can get married," it reads.

So people should stop campaigning that underage is been taken as a wife. Thank you
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by maleq(m): 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2015
this news is fake
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by snowland(m): 8:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
allisonluvsu:

I am surprised at u. Let the number of slaps u will receive for this comment be counted by the like button.
Hahahaha...I don recieve 16 slaps so far...Bros na so you wicked reach?
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by allisonluvsu(m): 11:45pm On Jan 20, 2015
snowland:

Hahahaha...I don recieve 16 slaps so far...Bros na so you wicked reach?
lol
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by musiwa94: 12:28am On Jan 21, 2015
n

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Ikenga Ugochinyere, Saraki’s Aide Over Plot Against FG / Rivers State APC Suspends Victor Giadom / Helicopter Crash: Dolapo Osinbajo Thankful 2 Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.