Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,475 members, 7,826,801 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl (18925 Views)

17-Year-Old IPOB Member Killed During Trump Rally In Port-Harcourt. Graphic Pics / Nigerian Army Denies Planning A Coup Against Buhari / Kano Denies Restricting Movement On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Wendyslim(f): 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2015
bigtt76:
Correct man! I like this man die ...always on point grin
. He is a man of honour and principle sad.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by condralbede(m): 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2015
Nah lie....I dey see am for his eyes... grin grin tongue
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by outstandingsyll(f): 4:55pm On Jan 06, 2015
Y is he bothered na grin cos the age is not that bad undecided . Unless his conscience says otherwise grin cheesy . Abeg oga no mind them marry your sweet sixteen joor grin
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by donmalcolm21(m): 4:55pm On Jan 06, 2015
SR will spread false rumors and also spread the rebuttals. A media outfit that has gone to the dog.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by san316(m): 4:56pm On Jan 06, 2015
And what brings Sanusi into this senseless exchange of propagandist banters?

please APC and PDP should respect the emir joor.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by tuoyoojo(m): 4:56pm On Jan 06, 2015
Make sanusi "pim.p" or quietly "fine tune" the amariya age sharly to 18 so dat she go officially be an adult. The rest tins wen go happen for night , nor be for my mouth u go hear am...

By the way, what is d difference between 17 and 18. Wat is d difference btw 6 and half a dozen

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by onadana: 4:56pm On Jan 06, 2015
Even if he does...Islamically it is his right.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by beeff(m): 4:57pm On Jan 06, 2015
Is nt a bad thing to marry.......mr
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by kingthreat(m): 4:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
Not everything you read online is true. Many are done to increase traffic to their site.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by emmydillz(m): 4:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
Desperados!!!
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Davicjoe(m): 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
Rumour mongers are devilish. rebuke them
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by businesslawyer(m): 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
Firefire:
SLS further stated that he has not and will not contract a marriage with any woman under 18.

But you will not also advise your followers against it ?

[size=14pt]
Let us say NO to girl-child marriage in Nigeria.[/size]

Did u see this in the report or not: Responding to a question about marriage between adult men and underage girls, the Emir of Kano stated that he fully supports the right of children not to get forcibly married before attaining the constitutionally stipulated age of 18 years.

3 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by kay1one(m): 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hope he can help with buhari's certificate!
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by osenimaruf: 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
Than who is giving us a fake news, nairaland or who?
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Ahmeduana(m): 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
Wendyslim:
undecided. He is learned so i believe he won't enter into such contract. lipsrsealed embarassed
DID I HEAR YOU SAY LEARNED? THIS ONE NO KNOW MALLAM BAUCHE!
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Brown419(m): 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
Child abuse.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
You people should read the Emir's lips. He's being smart.
He is telling you his wife can be 18 or 19 years old. But certainly not under 18.
Now My people tell me, what's the different between these age brackets. That is the wickedness of lslam and Men for you.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Pamcrest(f): 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
SLS, this is wonderful news.....I'm so relieved because I was highly disappointed when I heard d rumors. If u like, marry 300 wives like Solomon, that's your headache but pls stay away from cradle-snatching. grin
My humble submission
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Firefire(m): 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2015
businesslawyer:

Did u see this in the report or not: Responding to a question about marriage between adult men and underage girls, the Emir of Kano stated that he fully supports the right of children not to get forcibly married before attaining the constitutionally stipulated age of 18 years.

Word without action is meaningless undecided
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Mitsurugi(m): 5:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
emalek86:
There is a truth in every rumour, I know u almost did it.

And he shared the truth; he said the rumours showed his intentions (probably for an impending marriage) I suggest, like he rightly admonished, that we Nigerians (and Nairalanders) wait for the probable marriage to ascertain the true age of his probable wife, before we are probably deemed jobless gbegboruns! grin
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by gsparks01(m): 5:04pm On Jan 06, 2015
allisonluvsu:

The moment they come for ur kid sister it will be ur business. angry
you've just misyarned...smh
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by wirinet(m): 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
I am sure this is another allegation from the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria. It seems the FRC was only set up to investigate Sanusi and after completing its work and ensuring Sanusi was suspended, they had gone back into oblivion.

Rumours and unsubstantiated allegations is an industry on its own in Nigeria. It is a powerful arsenal used by the governments to discredit opponents.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 06, 2015
[quote author=Luckygurl post=29547992][/quote]
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by gbengalite(m): 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Ishilove: 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2015
berem:
Unfortunately,only nairaland and the source the news was gotten from reported that story.

Seun should be mindful of topics that make front page.
Nwanne, the source is Thisday, a reputable media organisation. The person to be blamed is the editor who approved the story for publication.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by joeyekembele: 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2015
For a man like Sanusi to be just and fair to womanhood, even a lady of 18years of age will be considered too young for him. He used a political language here. He might decide to wait a little longer for the girl child to be above 17 years before contracting the marriage. Sanusi is too old for a girl child of 18 as well.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by NwaJesusteete(m): 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2015
Sanusi wey i know too wella, we r waiting for ur invitation card, no be yerima brother?
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by theunusualmoon(m): 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
I knew he couldn't be that irresponsible.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
[quote author=Luckygurl post=29547992][/quote]

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by watchindelta(m): 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
Most story here about APC n PDP nah fake. 90% story about Nigeria as well is also fake. fact cool cool cool infant Nigeria nah fake..... embarassed tongue tongue tongue
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
Yet some peeps on NL were falling over themselves in arguments grin grin grin grin grin
#whistles off# undecided undecided tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Governor Not Supporting Atiku Campaigning Against Himself – PDP / DSS Arrests Ikenga Ugochinyere, Saraki’s Aide Over Plot Against FG / Rivers State APC Suspends Victor Giadom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.