Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,495 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. (2955 Views)

Two Nairalanders Look Forward To April 8th... / The Different Ages Of Unmarried Ladies And The Way They See Romance. / The Way British, Americans And Nigerians Woo A Girl (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
This may not be the best time for me to write on this because of misinterpretations, but I can no longer resist the push.
"Husband Scarcity" has become one of the
challenges faced by many young girls today. If you go to prayer houses,majority of the intentions are
prayer for a life partner. And this calls for concern.
Casting our minds back to the time of our mothers and grandmothers,was there really much of a "Husband Scarcity"problem? Or,maybe there were more men than women then, or there was an adequate corresponding numbers of both genders.
I don't think so. Maybe then, the women had values
and were prepared to build a home and not park into a built home.
Then, once a young man comes of age and can at
least feed himself and his wife, he goes out in search of a wife and the woman really appreciates him and helps him to build a future. What am I really trying to say? We created what we now see as "Husband Scarcity" for ourselves. Today, the reverse is the case. Ask an average girl to define her dream husband; you get things like "he has to
be tall, handsome, fair, and rich, own a house at least, and be presentable" and then she adds "God fearing" in order not to sound so worldly.Then,
check the number of girls around you and the
number of men that meet that standard, and you will see the problem.
You hear girls say, "I cannot suffer in my father's house and then go and start suffering with a man." What a wonderful dream! What if from the beginning, you have everything you want and there is no suffering, and later in the marriage, the
table turns around, then comes suffering? Will you run away? No one prays for suffering, but it
is good to start small and end big, than start
big and end small. The problem is that the
description majority of girls give of their ideal man is virtually the same.
When 50 girls want the same kind of man and the
man that fits what they want is just 1 man, and the man can only pick one. Then, what becomes of 49
others? They simply start lamenting of "Husband Scarcity".
Another irony of our time is that it is hard,due to the face of our economy to find a man who is of marriage age who possesses all those things these
ladies want, legally (except those involved in Internet fraud);even the number of those in Internet fraud is not enough to match all those searching for already made husbands.
If you look around, majority of the ladies of
substance, of good value and virtue, who are ready to build a home with a man who has prospects, are married and not complaining of husband scarcity. The easiest way to find a husband now, is to change your view of who a husband is. A husband is that man God made and then saw that it may be hard for him to really actualize his purpose for making him,without a help mate and then made the woman
and gave to him, and he felt complete and fulfilled.
MARRIAGE IS NOT A POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAM. It is a mission of building the family
of God here on earth. For those who see marriage as
a way out of poverty, it is a way into bondage. Women are HOME BUILDERS, not HOME WARMERS... DON'T CONFUSE A MAN'S PATH WITH
HIS DESTINY. Where he is today, may only be a route to where God has destined him to be tomorrow. Another truth is that YOU MAY BE THE ONLY FAST MEANS TO THAT HIS DESTINATION. Join in alleviating "husband scarcity". PICK UP THE RIGHT VALUES. I am not saying that
you should pick anyone that comes your way and
talks of marriage, not all men are husband materials. What I am saying is that you should stop setting your standard on material acquisitions or physical appearances. Look beyond the physical. WHAT MAKES A MAN WHO HE IS, IS NOT WHAT
HE OWNS OR HOW HE LOOKS, IT IS WHAT HE IS
MADE UP OF. And that which he is made of is, most times, not seen with the physical eyes, only its effects can be seen. Marriage is a permanent thing. Whatever is seen is temporal and that which is not seen is permanent. Relax and go to God in prayer. God did not just make Eve for making sake; He made her for Adam's need to be met. May Almighty show us our right partners .

3 Likes

Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
Job scarcity is the elementary cause Of Husband scarcity.

4 Likes

Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by Elparaiso(m): 5:27pm On Jan 06, 2015
These Girls would either end up as hookers or nuns....
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by mizkeleke(f): 5:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hmmmmmm
I comment my reserve
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by hahn(m): 6:07pm On Jan 06, 2015
Most of these girls aren't wife material themselves. They are busy lip pouting, clubbing, codeine and rochi popping, ass enlarging, brain stagnant and expect someone to put THAT in the house as a wife. HELL NO!

1 Like

Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by sweettease(f): 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
hahn:
Most of these girls aren't wife material themselves. They are busy lip pouting, clubbing, codeine and rochi popping, ass enlarging, brain stagnant and expect someone to put THAT in the house as a wife. HELL NO!
Like all guys are husband material.
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by hahn(m): 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
sweettease:

Like all guys are husband material.

Nah. Being a man is different from being male

1 Like

Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by sweettease(f): 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2015
hahn:

Nah. Being a man is different from being male
oh please, stop being a male chauvinist.
Maybe what makes a woman wife material and a man husband material might vary but the fact still stands that there are a lot of irresponsible guys that aren't "husband material"
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by hahn(m): 6:36pm On Jan 06, 2015
sweettease:
oh please, stop being a male chauvinist.
Maybe what makes a woman wife material and a man husband material might vary but the fact still stands that there are a lot of irresponsible guys that aren't "husband material"

You should have taken time to understand what I meant. It takes a lot to be a man and its not about age nor about being male and what a woman needs as a husband is a man. Understand?

Yes, there are a lot of irresponsible males about, I have them as friends and I once was one but the op was talking about a scarcity of husbands. If you're feeling that bad about it, you can easily create a thread and bear your greviance then ill be able to share my ideas on THAT topic.

1 Like

Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by sweettease(f): 6:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
hahn:

You should have taken time to understand what I meant. It takes a lot to be a man and its not about age nor about being male and what a woman needs as a husband is a man. Understand?

Yes, there are a lot of irresponsible males about, I have them as friends and I once was one but the op was talking about a scarcity of husbands. If you're feeling that bad about it, you can easily create a thread and bear your greviance then ill be able to share my ideas on THAT topic.
If we are talking about just the idle here, then there is also a scarcity of wives. I hope you understand where I'm driving at.
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by hahn(m): 6:45pm On Jan 06, 2015
sweettease:

If we are talking about just the idle here, then there is also a scarcity of wives. I hope you understand where I'm driving at.

Yeah. Totally. And I agree

1 Like

Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
Listening to beyonce's newest song flawles ft chimamanda Ngozi. @op may be you should download the song too undecided
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by solomonbrown64: 8:04pm On Jan 06, 2015
...If only they will listen.
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by chimerase2: 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
Husband re scarce but boi friend re not
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2015
hahn:

What's wrong with it? embarassed
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by hahn(m): 8:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
MzNelly:

What's wrong with it? embarassed

It looks extremely silly especially that's all one can do
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
hahn:

It looks extremely silly especially that's all one can do

There are different grades/classes of pouting. undecided

Not all of 'em looks silly.
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by hahn(m): 9:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
MzNelly:

There are different grades/classes of pouting. undecided

Not all of 'em looks silly.

Okay okay I get it. I didn't mean to generalise but most guys think its silly.

Btw, take a picture of the high class pouting and post it so we can judge
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by DaKing008: 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2015
I keep saying this; there is no scarcity of husbands. If a girl is of good mannered, guys will come flocking in her fathers house for marriage.

1 Like

Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2015
hahn:

Okay okay I get it. I didn't mean to generalise but most guys think its silly.

Btw, take a picture of the high class pouting and post it so we can judge

I don't like you angry

Hence, I've nothing to prove.
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by hahn(m): 9:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
MzNelly:

I don't like you angry

That doesn't affect the price of garri

1 Like

Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
hahn:

That doesn't affect the price of garri

angry
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
DaKing008:
I keep saying this; there is no scarcity of husbands. If a girl is of good mannered, guys will come flocking in her fathers house for marriage.

I know of so-called good mannered girls who are still unmarried.

And i've seen girls who are not so "good" marry faster than these ones.

Point is: It takes more than just good manners to guarantee marriage.
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by DaKing008: 9:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
MzNelly:

I know of so-called good mannered girls who are still unmarried.

And i've seen girls who are not so "good" marry faster than these ones.

Point is: It takes more than just good manners to guarantee marriage.
Do you know what else it takes to pin a guy to marry you? caring and been smart.

That's a secret.
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 06, 2015
DaKing008:

Do you know what else it takes to pin a guy to marry you? caring and been smart.

That's a secret.

Marriage is over hyped.
The marriage of a thing isn't for every female.

She who shall marry shall marry.

1 Like

Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by DaKing008: 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
MzNelly:

Marriage is over hyped.
The marriage of a thing isn't for every female.

She who shall marry shall marry.
lolZ so.sorry for stretching this issue but is this what some ladies believe that makes them to behave like people that makes them to behave irrational?
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2015
DaKing008:

lolZ so.sorry for stretching this issue but is this what some ladies believe that makes them to behave like people that makes them to behave irrational?

Irrational?
Define irrational in your own context.
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by DaKing008: 10:48pm On Jan 06, 2015
MzNelly:

Irrational?
Define irrational in your own context.
this is what an online dictionary says says "1. inconsistent with reason or logic; illogical; absurd
2. incapable of reasoning"

And I will add this; is that why most of 'em behave like people that don't reason? because they think that whether they behave right or wrong what will be will be via marriage.
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 06, 2015
DaKing008:

this is what an online dictionary says says "1. inconsistent with reason or logic; illogical; absurd
2. incapable of reasoning"

And I will add this; is that why most of 'em behave like people that don't reason? because they think that whether they behave right or wrong what will be will be via marriage.

LoL, no; you misunderstand my expression.

What I meant was:

Getting married is not restricted to a particular quality.

The man who is into you has his eyes out for something.
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
nwachivis:
This may not be the best time for me to write on this because of misinterpretations, but I can no longer resist the push.
"Husband Scarcity" has become one of the
challenges faced by many young girls today. If you go to prayer houses,majority of the intentions are
prayer for a life partner. And this calls for concern.
Casting our minds back to the time of our mothers and grandmothers,was there really much of a "Husband Scarcity"problem? Or,maybe there were more men than women then, or there was an adequate corresponding numbers of both genders.
I don't think so. Maybe then, the women had values
and were prepared to
Who is coming, matching ground with heavy streigh? Na me o! small but mighty, poor but strongest, the gentle gladiator, one man battallion. The husband of all babes on nairaland! I dey rush come when i hear say husband scarce on nairaland. i don come ha ha ha solomonisation of u all is my agenda. HALLOOO
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by DaKing008: 11:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
MzNelly:

LoL, no; you misunderstand my expression.

What I meant was:

Getting married is not restricted to a particular quality.

The man who is into you has his eyes out for something.

Can't really place your last sentence but I think we end this here. Nice argument from your end though.
Re: Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. by geophysics(m): 11:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
MzNelly:

I don't like you angry

pretender

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Your Sincere Advise Needed Please / Ladies, Do You Think This Guy Is Goodlooking? / Halfrica In Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.