Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,255 members, 7,811,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari (3082 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Visits Kirikiri Maximum Prisons In Lagos. See Photos / Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR / I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Prison - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by chacoonder(m): 2:12am On Jan 07, 2015
The All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has assured Nigerians that all corrupt politicians will end up in jail once he is elected into power.

Buhari, who gave the assurance on Tuesday during the APC rally and the presentation of the party’s governorship flag to Umana Umana as its candidate in Akwa Ibom State in Uyo, said he would close all loopholes through which money was being siphoned out of the country.

“When we come into power, anyone who steals Nigerian money will end up in Kirikiri Maximum Prisons. We are going to make sure that Nigeria’s wealth belongs only to Nigerians,” he said.

He decried the overdependence of Nigeria on oil, saying that the country would not have faced the economic downturn if the country had invested in agriculture.

According to Buhari, Nigeria used to export tin and columbite but all of a sudden, it stopped producing and exporting these minerals with the belief that the country has oil.

On the power sector, Buhari stated that many industries had shut down operation because of epileptic power supply. He noted that Nigerian producers were not able to compete in the international market because of huge cost of generating alternative power.

Buhari, who was a former military Head of State, assured Nigerians that his government would create over three million jobs yearly to take care of the jobless youths.

The Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, who is also the Director General, Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation, said he was ashamed to read on the pages of newspapers a story credited to the Peoples Democratic Party that things had improved in Nigeria from 2011 onward.

He added that governors decided that the excess crude money be shared because of the missing cash that was involved.

Amaechi said, “I was ashamed to read on the pages of newspapers, where the PDP said things had improved from 2011 till now.

“Oil price used to be between $120 and $145 before now. Our savings used to be between $45 and $46bn. We had over $10bn to $20bn in excess crude. The reason why the governors asked that excess crude be shared was that after each meeting we had, if the money was $10bn, before we come back for another meeting, it would be $8bn. Who has taken the $2bn? We did not know.

“When we discovered that our money was being taken away with reckless abandon without accounting, it was then we asked, ‘Oga, please share this money. You are not a bank. And if it were a bank, it would add more to the money.”

Amaechi urged members of the party in the state to go to their units and educate the people. He asked the people to make sure that their votes count after voting, so that the PDP government would be voted out of power.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ill-send-corrupt-nigerians-to-kirikiri-buhari/
Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by SirHouloo(m): 2:18am On Jan 07, 2015
Tinubu, Atiku, hope say una dey hear?

1 Like

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by Nobody: 2:38am On Jan 07, 2015
Amaechi said
“Oil price used to be between $120 and $145 before now. Our savings used to be between $45 and $46bn. We had over $10bn to $20bn in excess crude. The reason why the governors asked that excess crude be shared was that after each meeting we had, if the money was $10bn, before we come back for another meeting, it would be $8bn. Who has taken the $2bn? We did not know.

“When we discovered that our money was being taken away with reckless abandon without accounting, it was then we asked, ‘Oga, please share this money. You are not a bank. And if it were a bank, it would add more to the money.”

I am very sure that under Buhari's government, you all will give more details to the Judge and the Prosecutors. Meanwhile, the emboldened are so funny cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by Funjosh(m): 3:03am On Jan 07, 2015
Please find alternative because one they are sent to prison, they will be released again lipsrsealed
Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by tit(f): 3:07am On Jan 07, 2015
So says Chief Justice Buhari!
Cooouuuurrt!

To no go school bad oo!

2 Likes

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by naijaking1: 3:13am On Jan 07, 2015
Oh, yes just like he sent Maj Jokolo with 53 undecleared and unsearched bags at the airport while he was sending other innocent Nigerians to jail and some to their grave in the name of war against indiscipline.
Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:17am On Jan 07, 2015
I see some people applying for US, DUBAI and UK permanent residence.

Madueke, Okonjo and Madam Patience top the list.

4 Likes

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by tit(f): 3:22am On Jan 07, 2015
President Buhari storm pension office and catch some officials doing quorruption!
His head will scatter!
Menini! dan banza! dan bura uba!
He will tie them all up (we no get handcuff na)
and load them inside black maria to the nearest magistrate court.

did i tell you that one of the first things he did was to order 360 black maria!
Ten for each state.
and twenty for abuja!
no blame me if the numbers dont jell.
i no know book ooo.

He hands the culprits over to the police
and to tell you how serious he is about the war against kworruption,
he stays under the mangoro tree at the court premises
to witness the proceedings!

Tic k-tock.
the police start booking the alleged criminals and taking their statements
while our action presido is addressing a world press conference
under the mangoro tree
wiping profus sweat with a white handkerchief and
expressing his unflinching determination to wrestle quorruption to the mud!

the IO interrupts to say they cannot arraign the kworrupt bastards.
"the magistrates retire to their chambers by 2pm!"
what do you mean, screams our retired but not tired general, what rule of law are you talking about?
do you know who i am?
you want me to bring the dollars they where sharing for evidence?
do you know who i am?
go and ask your senior officers,
i am the person that killed people for a law that does not exist!
and you are telling me about rule of law!
ADC!
take these people to kiri-kiri and lock them up for ten years!
nobody should come and beg me about them!

the crowd erupts into rapurous cheers!
Buhari wins another round in the war against corruption!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by jamace(m): 3:28am On Jan 07, 2015
Can Buhari really do this in a democracy?

Is he going to be the judge? Or is he going to militarize Nigeria once more?

Will he be able to tame the looters donating for his campaign? By the way, is money for his campaign not gotten through kworruftion?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by yinchar(m): 3:31am On Jan 07, 2015
Better...

1 Like

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by FastShipping: 3:36am On Jan 07, 2015
tit:
President Buhari storm pension office and catch some officials doing quorruption!
His head will scatter!
Menini! dan banza! dan bura uba!
He will tie them all up (we no get handcuff na)
and load them inside black maria to the nearest magistrate court.

did i tell you that one of the first things he did was to order 360 black maria!
Ten for each state.
and twenty for abuja!
no blame me if the numbers dont jell.
i no know book ooo.

He hands the culprits over to the police
and to tell you how serious he is about the war against kworruption,
he stays under the mangoro tree at the court premises
to witness the proceedings!

Tic k-tock.
the police start booking the alleged criminals and taking their statements
while our action presido is addressing a world press conference
under the mangoro tree
wiping profus sweat with a white handkerchief and
expressing his unflinching determination to wrestle quorruption to the mud!

the IO interrupts to say they cannot arraign the kworrupt bastards.
"the magistrates retire to their chambers by 2pm!"
what do you mean, screams our retired but not tired general, what rule of law are you talking about?
do you know who i am?
you want me to bring the dollars they where sharing for evidence?
do you know who i am?
go and ask your senior officers,
i am the person that killed people for a law that does not exist!
and you are telling me about rule of law!
ADC!
take these people to kiri-kiri and lock them up for ten years!
nobody should come and beg me about them!

the crowd erupts into rapurous cheers!
Buhari wins another round in the war against corruption!

I don't care how it is done as long as corrupt officials are sent to prison. That is what we need at this time of Nigeria's level of corruption.

3 Likes

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by Tearg1: 3:38am On Jan 07, 2015
Long awaited speech... finally our most dreaded demon named CORRUPTION will have a nail to its head after feb 15th

1 Like

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by Isryl02(m): 3:44am On Jan 07, 2015
Jail them all cheesy

1 Like

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by iluvweed(m): 4:01am On Jan 07, 2015
Yes jare!

We really need a strong hand in this naija!

Not some stingy illetrate married slowpokes with zero IQ.... undecided

GMB FOR PRESIDO!

4 Likes

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by naturally: 4:21am On Jan 07, 2015
Let's see how it roll

1 Like

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by Nobody: 4:42am On Jan 07, 2015
smiley
Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by Nobody: 4:53am On Jan 07, 2015
Who made Buhari a Judge. Someone please tell him he can't send them to jail, it's democracy and its really crazy!

Who goes to jail is determined by the Law courts and not the president. Or is he going there to condemn or manage the Judiciary? Maybe we should nominate him for chief justice of the Federation....

This man really don't know what he'll be doing on that sit should he win, except the bunch of empty promises to sway the gullible.

Lest I forget. Amaechi and Tinubu start preparing for Kirikiri... Oops! buhari can't touch them. He will selectively jail some.

3 Likes

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by ede1(m): 4:55am On Jan 07, 2015
Wow. This is how presidents talk not some that says "stealing is not corruption". Let's do the right for once as a country vote BUHARI come next feBUHARI. God bless NIGERIA.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by fitzmayowa: 5:02am On Jan 07, 2015
GMB needs to becareful when he says he will send corrupt nigerians to kirikiri, when he surrounds himself with corrupt politicians, in the form of fellow "progressives"

Is GMB trying to tell us that politicians in APC are saints They say charity begins at home, before making promise(s) of jailing corrupt nigerians he should start by jailing some of his "progressive" chieftains...One of such example is amaechi who made it known that PDP rigged elections and he actually gained from the rigging and he never said a thing until he left the party...

This is the height of hypocrisy, when it is clear as day that you surround yourself, with corrupt politicians who have contributed in making this country what it is today...
Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by chymystique(f): 5:24am On Jan 07, 2015
fitzmayowa:
GMB needs to becareful when he says he will send corrupt nigerians to kirikiri, when he surrounds himself with corrupt politicians, in the form of fellow "progressives"

Is GMB trying to tell us that politicians in APC are saints They say charity begins at home, before making promise(s) of jailing corrupt nigerians he should start by jailing some of his "progressive" chieftains...One of such example is amaechi who made it known that PDP rigged elections and he actually gained from the rigging and he never said a thing until he left the party...

This is the height of hypocrisy, when it is clear as day that you surround yourself, with corrupt politicians who have contributed in making this country what it is today...

you just stated the true facts in this your post.. He has been screaming he will fight corruption and blah blah when he associates himself with corruption itself.. Am wondering how he intends to fight the corruption when his party memebers and those sponsoring him are corrupt!.. Unless he intends to bite the hand that fed him!.. Buhari should not think Nigerians are blind and stupid!

1 Like

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by nerodenero: 6:29am On Jan 07, 2015
I think he should start from his party.By so doing,he would have sent the right message.

The truth is can he send Tinubu or any of the APC governors that have contributed so much in cash and kind to Kirikiri if guilty of corrupt practices?

Nigeria is a complex country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by iamrealdeji(m): 6:40am On Jan 07, 2015
OYINBOGOJU:
I see some people applying for US, DUBAI and UK permanent residence.

Madueke, Okonjo and Madam Patience top the list.
So,Madam Patience go leave oga Jona for here?
Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by iamrealdeji(m): 6:50am On Jan 07, 2015
chymystique:

you just stated the true facts in this your post.. He has been screaming he will fight corruption and blah blah when he associates himself with corruption itself.. Am wondering how he intends to fight the corruption when his party memebers and those sponsoring him are corrupt!.. Unless he intends to bite the hand that fed him!.. Buhari should not think Nigerians are blind and stupid!
I'm a Buhari fan but what he said is quiet impossible,he can only send new politicians in his government to jail,he can't send the likes of Atiku,Tinubu,Amaechi,Bukola Saraki to any Kirikiri
Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by PassingShot(m): 6:51am On Jan 07, 2015
Funny how some posters here saying he should start with his party.

For crying out loud, he is not the president yet and he can do nothing about those corrupt persons in his party. Not now and not much about past corruption allegations even when he becomes president.

He is only talking about the people who'd steal under his administration. And we should know that he will only use EFCC and ICPC to do the needful.

So TANdroids, please stop moaning!
Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by iamrealdeji(m): 6:54am On Jan 07, 2015
ede1:
Wow. This is how presidents talk not some that says "stealing is not corruption". Let's do the right for once as a country vote BUHARI come next feBUHARI. God bless NIGERIA.
We yorubas would be like "A feBuhari ko wole ni feBuhari

1 Like

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by stabillo(m): 6:57am On Jan 07, 2015
in FeBuhari, he will cry again

1 Like

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by Flets: 6:58am On Jan 07, 2015
I dey laugh.
If not Nigerians are illiterates, we would have been asking how Buhari intends to jail corrupt Nigerians.
Which jail can accomodate all corrupt Nigerians?
Which non-corrupt judge will prosecute them?
How do you stop them from paying their way through the courts?
Where do you find the non-corrupt law enforcement agents that will implement the law to the letter?
How does he plan to prosecute his partymen when the looted funds can be traced to his campaign?
To what end has such previous fights against corruption been effective?
Even under military where the presidency has ultimate powers, To what end did the fight against corruption go? Did it end corruption?

The bare truth is that this mode of fight against corruption can never work under our democracy .... Never!!!
The only solution is the systematic way GEJ have dealt with corruption. The E-wallet system eliminated the fertilizer scam, the biometric registration eliminated the ghost worker scam and saved over 50bn per annum, the pension reform have put to end the age long pension scam. More needs to be done

By the time subsidy on refined product is removed and crude sold to local refineries at reduced prices.... The subsidy corruption will be eliminated.
Nigerians need to push the state governors to sign the freedom of information bill, with that allocations to state will be on a live e-site and expenditures on such funds can be updated live. Nigerians will have the opportunity to make comparisons across the spend patterns across different states.

Nigerians need to wake up and stop playing illiterate. This is the only way out of corruption. Anybody who tells you he will fight corruption..... Ask him how and test the feasibility.
Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by omenka(m): 7:01am On Jan 07, 2015
jamace:
Can Buhari really do this in a democracy?

Is he going to be the judge? Or is he going to militarize Nigeria once more?

Will he be able to tame the looters donating for his campaign? By the way, is money for his campaign not gotten through kworruftion?
What are you talking about?? Are there no democratic countries out there with very low index of corruption?? Matter of fact, "generally speaking", dictatorial regimes are known to be more corrupt than democratic regimes.
Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by san316(m): 7:21am On Jan 07, 2015
GEJ first..

It was not easy for Lawrence Anini...
It was not easy for Oyenusi...
It was not easy for Shina Rambo...
It was not easy for Alameseigha...
It was not easy for James Ibori...
It was not easy for Bode George... &
It was not easy for Farouk Lawan...
Lawrence Anini did it!
Oyenusi did it!
Shina Rambo did it! Alameseigha did it!
James Ibori did it!
Bode George did it &
Forouk Lawan did it!
Now, GEJ is doing it...
Mr President, keep stealing, because "STEALING IS
NOT CORRUPTION".
And the looting partners with you are far more
than the suffering Nigerians who are against you.
This message is proudly sponsored by 'Thief
Ambassadors of
Nigeria' —TAN

1 Like

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by psucc(m): 7:26am On Jan 07, 2015
That will in no way solve Nigeria's problem. Rather it will get more complicated and worse.

Asked how or why?

Because you have to jail virtually over 100m people.
The most wonderful is that you will jail those had sacrifice their all to get you there eg Tinubu, Amaechi et al.

Can that be? Time, they say, will tell
Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by chamboy(m): 7:36am On Jan 07, 2015
CHANGE

1 Like

Re: I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari by chacoonder(m): 8:22am On Jan 07, 2015
tit:
So says Chief Justice Buhari!
Cooouuuurrt!

To no go school bad oo!
what is wrong in what he said ma?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Nigerian Reportedly Attacked In Johannesburg / Destructive Trainings NDA Cadets Under Go / Eu Denies Referendum Support, Insist On Superiority Of National Constitution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.