Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! (46239 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Timmi: 11:51pm On Jan 30, 2015
Want to have a wedding of a lifetime that will be the talk of town for a long time, forget wedding in Dubai but instead come to Florida, USA for your wedding. We will plan a seamless and stress less unique wedding for you. Winner of the 2015 Wedding wire couples choice award in the USA, visit our website - www.royaleventsservices.com and treat yourself to a truly royal wedding.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by nutigal: 7:28am On Jan 31, 2015
Brides, I will be getting married in May. My mom was like since I am getting married in the church, i would only go to the court for swearing of oath. She said that was how it was in their time. lol. But I see that people who go to the registry do a kind of wedding. please can someone explain the real process to me.

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by maureensylvia(f): 10:52am On Jan 31, 2015
vickilafab:
that's easier.. start by drawing a budget- an amount u want to spend on everything. estimate the number of people coming, choose colours (for u n ur hubby, theme), organise aso ebi wt ur friends, start sourcin for decorator, caterers, makeup artist, photographers, etc

what colour do u think will b suitable for me, my hubby and my ashoebi
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 31, 2015
maureensylvia:

There are so many colour combinations out there... You can Google. . it's wise you make the choice yourself so as to get what you want.. rem it's your day smiley smiley

For me, we're combining his best colour and mine.. smiley wink
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by vickilafab(f): 11:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
maureensylvia:

what are u & ur fiance's favourite colours? we can work it out frm dere
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by chiefwedslolo(f): 1:06am On Feb 06, 2015
I'm back ladies! Glad things are getting back on track. Going through comments now!!

rosety:

True there is a risk involved especially with the large number of unreliable or down-right fraudulent businesses in Naija but early planning reduces the last minute stresses that most brides put themselves and their families through.

Haha, yes oh, weddings are not the time to be on African time. grin
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by chiefwedslolo(f): 1:12am On Feb 06, 2015
maureensylvia:
nananana...how do i start now? my traditional marriage is on easter, don't even know where to start from, op and co can u help me out? Hope am not too fast in terms of preparations?

Maureen, for your trad, start with the most necessary things first since you have a few months left. How much do you want to spend? You need a location. Church, mosque, outside, compound, village? Will the venue already be decorated or can you have someone make it look nice for you? Have you told all the guests the date yet? Outfit - do you have your dress yet and outfit for your groom? You will need someone to do the ceremony and take photos. Do you have someone to make and serve the food? Next, I would make sure you have transportation plans because of traffic. lol Then, your make up and hair. These are the basics that are usually a must to get done.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by chiefwedslolo(f): 1:14am On Feb 06, 2015
jadelyn007:
lol, she's picked colors, she is doing a custom made gown but she is yet to pick out the fabrics she wants. Last time I heard from her she was still deciding who will do what, as in the photographer, DJ, caterer, venue decorator e.t.c. She hasn't even bought a thing.

I keep telling her to start early she thinks there's still time. I did chief brides maid for a friend and she was panicking so much she started crying. Took so much effort to calm her down.

Anyway lemme represent her on this thread cheesy

jadelyn, you are a good friend oh! smiley Well, at least she has colors and knows what kind of gown she wants. Is she going for the DIY route? She may have enough time if she's planning on doing some of these things herself like decorating her venue or getting family/friends to help her take pics or cook food.

COLORS!

I see alot of brides have chosen their colors already. Can y'all share your colors? How did you finalize it?

I love color so much. It's so hard to narrow down. I just know I need purple somewhere. Lol.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by eveningbaker: 3:05am On Feb 06, 2015
Well, you are so helpful here. Want to listen my story? I' getting married this year and my husband bought the one-time cheap mermaid wedding gowns online, which name is gbridal.com. I never heard of this website. So i do not think my husband love me. He even bought my bridal wear online and which name is never heard! Do you think so?
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by ladynice: 4:42am On Feb 06, 2015
am present even though my wedding is coming up december bt I intend 2 start planning now
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by imported14: 8:12am On Feb 06, 2015
firstly congrats to all the brides to be!

Ok i will try and answer some questions i have seen that have not been answered. it difficult to answer everyone individually so i did a long post (forgive me), but after this i will start replying individually since am following the trend now:

time: it is never too early to start planning. there is no rule as to when you can start. just make sure u r already engaged and have a date and you can start planning. planning doesnt neccessarily mean u pay for the vendors, but you can make initial calls and let them know your intentions ans compare prices and then say maybe 2-6months to you can start making solid agreements. I suggest first thing first is pick a date and book d wedding venues then other things follow
this saves stress and headache and ensure you get the best deal and what you really want. basically once u r engaged and have a date u can start planning.

Colours; there are thousands of possible colour combo to choose from. so if you need help with colour, at least have an idea of 1-2 colours u are thinking of, maybe your favourite colour or that of your groom, or any random colour that appeals to you. we can then work on how to blend these two of or if they dont blend, we pick one and match it with another colour. COlour cant just be picked randomly like that, usually there is a reasoning. but if you do want a random colour for a 2015 wedding i suggest marsala as its the colour of the yr. can be combined with gold, pink,grey (and 1-2 more colours i cant remember now).

Knowing where to start from: start with a note pad (or buy a wedding planner book). break down pages into church, reception, engagement, registry etc. on each page, write down all you need and then in front write potential vendors and tick if found some one. if you are still unsure where to start from, i suggest you speak to a friend or family member thats married: a wedding planner. some people hear this and think its very expensive, doesnt have to be. you can decide to go for just consultation, or hire them for the wedding day co-ordnation or the full wedding planning. its what you want. some people even offer free planning! continue reading for more details

eveningbaker: you cant measure love that way oh. By now i am sure you know the guy u r marrying , so is it that that what he cant afford it or some people dont see the need to spend a lot on 1 day wedding dress? you get? so its not a matter someone else can resolve, but you two. seat him down and discuss (without argument lol). Also as a wedding planner, i can assure you its not how much but how you style it. as long as it does not look tacky or cheap, the price or who made it in irrelevant. but sit him down and discuss, even if it means u both contributing towards it, if he cant afford what you want. wish you the best.

Tips: if you are a bride to be, go to a wedding and make notes, when u r invited to a wedding, go n enjoy ur self at the same time steal dieas..this is what i will copy, this is what i dont like and wont do at my wedding! if needed, take ur notebook and write down, stylishly and jejely put it back in ur bag.

Advice on getting vendors: meet them in person and see their work or pictures. make sure u know their base, shop or house, dont just discuss online and pay lol, even if someone referred them. follow ur instincts too. also make them sign contracts if a large amount involved and keep receipts!

so brides to be, keep you question coming! the op and others like me will gladly answer

for people that may be interested!
Bridal package:
Wedding dress,Wedding veil, Wedding shoe plus bridal reception slippers, Wedding hair accessories and jewellery, Facial, pedicure and medicure, Make up- bride, Hair styling for bride, Engagement make up/ gele, Engagement trad bead plus handfan, Aso oke for bride/groom (Iro, ipele and gele and agbada and 2caps), bridal car decoration. Free wedding consultation(for N250,000)

Total wedding package
Photographer,Videographer,Decoration,Cake,Food,Drinks,Small chops,Server,Ushers,live band, hall venue, MC. FREE SMS service, Wedding website and Event planning service (all for N1.3M). the package is available without hall and some things can be removed and added to suit your need.
for any of these package contact
Bride et.al events
BB : 24e4af5c,7f213aa3,25bd403f
Email:Brideetal@gmail.com
BBM channel for free wedding planning:c0039c1d9
*pls note i wont answer any question about this package on the thread* as it will divert this thread, its only for information, pleasee contact by using the above contact details.

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by ladynice: 8:45am On Feb 07, 2015
y post nt coming in or r we nt planning again
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by chiefwedslolo(f): 4:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
So how long did it take you all to choose your venue? Anyone decide to have their traditional wedding in the village?
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Rhukie(f): 9:55pm On Feb 17, 2015
chiefwedslolo:
So how long did it take you all to choose your venue? Anyone decide to have their traditional wedding in the village?
it took me just a day to decide on the venue. visited 5 different places (hall and field) and settled for one that gives the most convenience. my wedding will be happening in Lagos
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by lawvlypearl(f): 1:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
Pls kindly keep this post alive...I'm learning a lot. Thanks
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by judithekezie: 7:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
Pheww.....am really in trouble! We intend to wed in May and yet I ve done absolutely nothing! Don't even know vendors in owerri. ...dont know where and how to start. .. embarassed
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by rushino: 9:09pm On Feb 28, 2015
Hello, start with making a list of what needs to be done.
Then tick them as you go along

Prioritise that list so you focus on the most important things first
For now select date, order iv,book hall n church venue,get wedding outfits for both couples. Try n do these in d next 1-2 weeks

I will give u a list of some things to help: www.blandyplandy.com has some dresses you may like

For other services, 24e4af5c add that BlackBerry pin and you can get help

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by judithekezie: 9:38pm On Feb 28, 2015
Ok thanks. ......awaiting the list
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by lawvlypearl(f): 1:31am On Mar 01, 2015
[/quote]
rushino:
For now select date, order iv,book hall n church venue,get wedding outfits for both couples. Try n do these in d next 1-2 weeks
I will give u a list of some things to help: www.blandyplandy.com has some dresses you may like

@rushino, would you be kind enough to post the list here, I'm sure it'll be beneficial to a lot of us. Thanks
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by rushino: 11:00am On Mar 01, 2015
What u need are just: Wedding dress
Venue
Decoration
Videography
Makeup
Food n drinks, servers
Mc
Souvenir
Ushers
Dj plus/or liveband
Decoration n car decor
Outfits for couple n bridal train
Iv n other prints
Cake
Bouquet
Trad outfits

But if u actually want vendors,I need some more info which is why I said get in touch n let me know wat u want. I don't have a ready made list of vendors in owerri, but n queries can be made. If u want others to benefit that's fine, but be specific on which ones u want and supply some information like budget.
This is because for example, if u want makeup now, there r different charges and a so depends on ur budget in the same way as hall is based on location etc...
Hope that clarifies it

lawvlypearl:

@rushino, would you be kind enough to post the list here, I'm sure it'll be beneficial to a lot of us. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by judithekezie: 11:50am On Mar 01, 2015
@rushino.....pls I added u on bbm since yesterday but u are yet to accept. Kindly accept. Tnx
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by rushino: 3:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hello love. Am sorry. Church things. I have added u just now. Happy sunday

judithekezie:
@rushino.....pls I added u on bbm since yesterday but u are yet to accept. Kindly accept. Tnx
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by vickilafab(f): 10:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
judithekezie:
Pheww.....am really in trouble! We intend to wed in May and yet I ve done absolutely nothing! Don't even know vendors in owerri. ...dont know where and how to start. .. embarassed
u r not in trouble, av planned weddings within a time frame of 2 mnths.. rushino has written well. I'm in ph but also do weddings in owerri. as a matter of fact, I av 2 upcoming owerri weddings. lets chat further on WhatsApp or u can add me on bbm- 76601713
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Rhukie(f): 8:05am On Mar 02, 2015
Good morning. please I need music suggestions for couple's first dance.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 03, 2015
. smiley
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
rosety:
It's never too early to start planning. I met a customer in February last year. We finalised her plans and all and she paid me a good percentage of the bill in August. Her wedding was in November. She had a similar arrangement with all her vendors. Her wedding day was flawless. Everyone and everything was in proper place and order.

True there is a risk involved especially with the large number of unreliable or down-right fraudulent businesses in Naija but early planning reduces the last minute stresses that most brides put themselves and their families through.
Really? I mean the bolded. Make I book space then.

Congrats to all 2015 brides o.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
Pearlzville:
. smiley
Are you a 2015 bride? smiley I followed you here. grin
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 03, 2015
Herzumpther:
Are you a 2015 bride? smiley I followed you here. grin
No, I'm not.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
Pearlzville:

No, I'm not.
OK.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by bukatyne(f): 8:06pm On Mar 03, 2015
nutigal:
Brides, I will be getting married in May. My mom was like since I am getting married in the church, i would only go to the court for swearing of oath. She said that was how it was in their time. lol. But I see that people who go to the registry do a kind of wedding. please can someone explain the real process to me.

Wow!

My wedding anniversary kiss

It depends on the Church you are getting married.

For example, in RCCG you cannot do court & white wedding because RCCG is registered with the Fed Govt and you will be issued the same cert in Church I.e. you will have two marriage certs with different dates.

You get a licence to wedding from the court which is given to the church and the court sends the church the marriage cert to be issued.

You need to find out If the church you are wedding is registered with FG or not. This will determine If you will do a court wedding or get a court license to wed

Happy married life in advance

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Bloomingbud(f): 11:39am On Mar 04, 2015
bukatyne:

Wow!

My wedding anniversary kiss

It depends on the Church you are getting married.

For example, in RCCG you cannot do court & white wedding because RCCG is registered with the Fed Govt and you will be issued the same cert in Church I.e. you will have two marriage certs with different dates.

You get a licence to wedding from the court which is given to the church and the court sends the church the marriage cert to be issued.

You need to find out If the church you are wedding is registered with FG or not. This will determine If you will do a court wedding or get a court license to wed

Happy married life in advance

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by lawvlypearl(f): 6:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
Getting married this year pls help with my colors

Engagement
Couple : emerald green and peach
Parents: sky blue and navy blue
Families: wine and gold

Wedding
Deco and bridal party: olive green, coral and a touch of cream
Parents: peach and teal
Families: lemon green and cream

The colour I'm confused about is d parent colour for d engagement, pls kindly help choose where inappropriate

Groom loves green like kilode

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Plain T-shirt At N3,300 Only / Married Men How Do You Confidently Cheat On Your Spouse? ( My Experience) / 20 Pictures Last Borns Of A Typical Nigerian Family Can Relate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.