Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market (2533 Views)

What Is The Best Thing A Girl Can Give To His Bf To Prove Her Love For Him ? / Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" / Guys, Will You Still Continue The Marriage After You Discover She Did This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by melly94(f): 7:50am On Jan 07, 2015
HeY yall. What makes a girl high on the marriage market? I'm curious? What exactly are assets?
-Pedigree
-Family
-Good name
-Cooking skills
-Refined
-Looks
-Carriage
-Educational level (Harvard, UMBC, UniPort, Cambridge)
-Packaging
-Dressing
-Graduating first class
-Virgin/Sexual beast
-Humility
Etcc..
What makes men persue a girl?
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by Hazardd(m): 7:54am On Jan 07, 2015
first is looks.
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by MizMyColi(f): 7:57am On Jan 07, 2015
Oma se o sad

Marriage Market Kwa.

Since when naw?

1 Like

Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 07, 2015
Different strokes for different folks...
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 07, 2015
Interesting...wink Be right back...

Yea yea...

How can a lady, you meant to say...girls can't be ready- they should be reading their books...NL has many girls but a few, very few ladies, I tell you...grin

Ya, how can a lady's market value increase... Without mincing words...

1. She must be polite:
Let me tell you: good girls may want to marry bad guys BUT no bad guy really want to marry a bad girl.
Being polite is been courteous, respectful and truly virtuous.

2. She must be thoughtful
Being thoughtful means going an extra mile in solving people's problems. especially guys with a good motive oo. Remember how Isaac met Rebecca? She was thoughtful.
Some ladies are plain clueless in this area. They want otherwise when they're not yet married.

3. She must be A Lady

Being a Lady entails so much. For instance, you're driving, someone overtakes you, you guys then got stalked in a hold up, you begin to rain abuses on him, some even come down out their cars... how messy!
A lady knows how to ignore offenders and haters, so does a Real Gentleman.
A lady is mild and tender but strong inside. She doesn't make people look down on themselves.

Others like good cooking skills, brain power or intelligence, beauty etc are temporary- they can be worked upon.

What I mentioned makes up a Lady's character and that is what increases her market value.

NB: Guys talk. If a lady is indeed ripe for marriage guys will detect. They'll even recommend her to their elder ones if they're younger.

4 Likes

Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by Mynd44: 8:02am On Jan 07, 2015
Brains (not education ooo)
Interactions with other people.

The rest on the list is secondary
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by iLovePusssy: 8:07am On Jan 07, 2015
Marriage market So gurlz don turn commodity..shey? Bullsh#t.. angry
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by onstelly(f): 8:14am On Jan 07, 2015
MizMyColi:
Oma se o sad

Marriage Market Kwa.

Since when naw?
Ask me oh, is well sha
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 07, 2015
Good character
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by Tymax(m): 8:16am On Jan 07, 2015
MizMyColi:
Oma se o sad

Marriage Market Kwa.

Since when naw?
Since time "imo river"

The first and foremost factor is "Good Character". Then culinary skills (very very important grin), values, education, beauty, humor, etc.
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by MizMyColi(f): 8:22am On Jan 07, 2015
Tymax:

Since time "imo river"

The first and foremost factor is "Good Character". Then culinary skills (very very important grin), values, education, beauty, humor, etc.

undecided
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by sigmundfreud(m): 8:22am On Jan 07, 2015
Different traits for different market...
A cerebral self assured male will prefer an intellectually compatible female with modest look while the not so assured will go for a submissive beauty.
The 3Bs ( Sigmund Freud et al.)Beauty, Brain and Behaviour combo works in any kind of market...the other qualities are icing on the cake.
Some men wants lots and lots of icing on their cake!

2 Likes

Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:23am On Jan 07, 2015
I don land,i am not booking space
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by MizMyColi(f): 8:24am On Jan 07, 2015
onstelly:

Ask me oh, is well sha

I'm confuzzled.

How can an institution so sacred, become a market place?

I'm in a good mood this morning.

I for sama OP spiritual ban.
grin grin
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by Tymax(m): 8:30am On Jan 07, 2015
MizMyColi:

undecided
True na. Since men began to dance jigs to catch a woman's fancy; since women began to assume the title of "wife material"; since forever. Oya straight that face. grin
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by idongesit88: 8:30am On Jan 07, 2015
will look build your home and help raise your kids with good manners
Hazardd:
first is looks.
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by MizMyColi(f): 8:33am On Jan 07, 2015
Tymax:

True na. Since men began to dance jigs to catch a woman's fancy; since women began to assume the title of "wife material"; since forever. Oya straight that face. grin

MizMyColi:

I'm confuzzled.
How can an institution so sacred, become a market place?
I'm in a good mood this morning.
I for sama OP spiritual ban.
grin grin

You know quite well the term isn't intended to make the woman look like a commodity of sorts.
That parlance was meant to extol her womanly virtues.
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by Tymax(m): 8:44am On Jan 07, 2015
MizMyColi:
You know quite well the term isn't intended to make the woman look like a commodity of sorts.
That parlance was meant to extol her womanly virtues.
Lol. Funny enough "commodity" did not even cross my mind when I read the OP. No vex.

Good morning.

1 Like

Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by Daintilicious(f): 8:44am On Jan 07, 2015
In addition to the below, don't just do all these in front of your target, good girls are recommended while bad girls are picked.
The person watching might not be the one but he might tell the " one "
Remember the husband materials are not those mummy bois driving around in flashy cars with swag. the real guys are working big time and watching from the sideways

emusmith:
Interesting...wink ...

1. She must be polite:
2. She must be thoughtful
3. She must be A Lady

Others like good cooking skills, brain power or intelligence, beauty etc are temporary- they can be worked upon.

What I mentioned makes up a Lady's character and that is what increases her market value.

NB: Guys talk. If a lady is indeed ripe for marriage guys will detect. They'll even recommend her to their elder ones if they're younger.

1 Like

Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by jnrbayano(m): 8:46am On Jan 07, 2015
I don't wanna look at your list, my opinion will suffice.

My people say that "character is the beauty of a woman" and I don't disagree.

Good character has got a face which unlike the appearance that attracts the eyes, it attracts the heart/soul. This is primary.

To be continued.....
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 07, 2015
Daintilicious:
In addition to the below, don't just do all these in front of your target, good girls are recommended while bad girls are picked.
The person watching might not be the one but he might tell the " one "
Remember the husband materials are not those mummy bois driving around in flashy cars with swag. the real guys are working big time and watching from the sideways

Standing on that pedestal, I know. As you rightly said, Good girls are recommended. It's true, you know.
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by MizMyColi(f): 8:49am On Jan 07, 2015
Tymax:

Lol. Funny enough "commodity" did not even cross my mind when I read the OP. No vex.

Good morning.

smiley
Good Morning.
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 07, 2015
what is marriage market? where is it located
*In joe' s voice*

I wanna know...... embarassed

1 Like

Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by Kenzico(m): 8:55am On Jan 07, 2015
Guys look o! U knw all girls can have these attributes but it would be hard to find them out. Guys should also know dat how high the demands of a particular girl is in a soceity doesnt fully determine if she is goin to be a well-to-do woman who can manage ur household. So guys should not be fooled wit whether a woman is on a high on the market or not....or u might end up getting urself A JEZEBEL(evil) in CINDERELLA's(good) clothing. The main thing is being prayerful before choosing a woman in the so called Marriage market. Also whether d bride price is high or not, it still dosnt determine Ђδω high a woman is in d market cos no one can tell who among all d woman has the highest value...this is quite funny n reasonable though

1 Like

Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by lilmax(m): 8:57am On Jan 07, 2015
Men pick women that can build homes
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by Tallesty1(m): 9:01am On Jan 07, 2015
MizMyColi:
Oma se o sad

Marriage Market Kwa.

Since when naw?
You no dey market?
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by Hazardd(m): 9:02am On Jan 07, 2015
idongesit88:
will look build your home and help raise your kids with good manners
i have made my choice...
a girl need good look before an attraction sparks.
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by MizMyColi(f): 9:03am On Jan 07, 2015
Tallesty1:
You no dey market?

Mbanu sad

I am priceless grin

Good Morning.
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by farano(f): 9:06am On Jan 07, 2015
*yawns*

1 Like

Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by Tallesty1(m): 9:07am On Jan 07, 2015
MizMyColi:

Mbanu sad

I am priceless grin

Good Morning.
gringringrin

Never knew such market exists.

Gotta check dia one of these days for good materialsgrincheesycheesycheesy

morning my dear, how are you doing?
Re: How A Girl Can Be High On The Marriage Market by MizMyColi(f): 9:15am On Jan 07, 2015
Tallesty1:
gringringrin

Never knew such market exists.

Gotta check dia one of these days for good materialsgrincheesycheesycheesy

morning my dear, how are you doing?

You too angry

Lol

I get better. God is for us.

You?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How A Nairalander Broke Up With His Lover Yestarday / 5 Reasons Why Your Girlfriend’s Dad Hates You / PHOTO: What Do U Say Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.