Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,397 members, 7,846,664 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

The Secret To A Faithful Relationship (or getting Out!) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Secret To A Faithful Relationship (or getting Out!) (520 Views)

Women! This Is Really Getting Out Of Hand (photo) / This Is How A Faithful Man Looks Like (pic) / Define Your "Current" Relationship Or Your "Dream" Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Secret To A Faithful Relationship (or getting Out!) by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 08, 2015
An unfaithful relationship presents a choice:
do the work or get out.
There’s a distinction we can make between
“infidelity” and “unfaithfulness." Infidelity can
be seen as actual cheating. Unfaithfulness is
that, but can be something else as well:
wishing your partner were not your partner
and wanting out, but not being able to leave.
It’s becoming guarded in a way that separates
you from your partner, as if you are angry
strangers. It’s widening and solidifying the
void between you. In an unfaithful
relationship, you lack trust in your partner.
Unfaithfulness encourages distraction and vice
versa – beyond the physical distraction of
intimacy with another person or the fantasy of
being without your partner, it’s the process of
dismissing your partner into the background,
whether overtly or very quietly, in favor of all
sorts of instant gratification. In this day and
age, in this world of cell phones and Facebook
and Twitter and all-too-easy ways to connect
with your ex from high school, it’s incredibly
challenging to stay authentically present and
emotionally connected and committed to your
partner for the long haul.

Re: The Secret To A Faithful Relationship (or getting Out!) by Mynd44: 8:14am On Jan 08, 2015
I have discovered something. People are different. Some people can deal with unfaithfulness.

Go take a sample of people here and ask what they will do if that find out that their partner is cheated or cheated and a lot of then will say they will forgive and work it out.

People have learnt to accept that humans are not without mistakes and they have given themselves that excuse because they are afraid of living without the person.

Personally, if you cheat on me don't let me know. Even if it happened 35 years ago just keep it a secret cos when I know, we are done.

I expect the same if I cheat.

The world has to be balanced

3 Likes

Re: The Secret To A Faithful Relationship (or getting Out!) by decode55(m): 8:39am On Jan 08, 2015
^^^^ Mynd44 has said it all.

"Exclusivity" is now a rare/dying characteristic in Nigerian relationships. No one is content with what they've got.

As for me, no matter how close we are, no matter the duration of the relationship, once I find out you cheated, its over undecided

I expect you to do the same with me too. smiley

it makes life a whole lot easier wink

1 Like

Re: The Secret To A Faithful Relationship (or getting Out!) by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 08, 2015
decode55:
^^^^ Mynd44 has said it all.

"Exclusivity" is now a rare/dying characteristic in Nigerian relationships. No one is content with what they've got.

As for me, no matter how close we are, no matter the duration of the relationship, once I find out you cheated, its over undecided

I expect you to do the same with me too. smiley

it makes life a whole lot easier wink
Yea, rightly said.
He just spoke his mind, opinions vary though.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is The Nigerian Girl So Impatient With Attitude?. / 5 Ways To Improve Your Relationship. / Should You Go On A Second Date If There’s No Spark?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.