Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,208 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo (26015 Views)

Sick Leave: Buhari Could Remain In London For 4 More Months - Sahara Reporters / N2.1bn Arms Money Scandal: What I Know About EFCC Probe Of Dokpesi — Lawyer / Buhari Could Not Fill His Presidency Form . PHOTO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:15am On Jan 09, 2015
Bawss1:
So I don't need to go to school, all I need is an affidavit? Why didn't anybody tell me this years ago grin grin
If you lost your certificate for whatever reason you will definitely need an affidavit to further your formal issues!
Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:22am On Jan 09, 2015
NairalandOP:
Me too. And to think that it was published on Sahara Reporters, the APC propaganda site. I'm really surprised and impressed at the same time.
Sahara reporters have always been objective. It was your PDP/GEJ people that maintained otherwise because SR told the world some inconvenient truth about them.
Anyhow, i know your CLUELESS master will lose this coming election.
Its only rigging that can save the day for you guys and we shall vehemently resist rigging by any means possible!
Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:27am On Jan 09, 2015
deemdeem:

Why don't u for once make use of ur brain instead of allowing others to think for u?
Firstly it was Agbaje, basic questions I asked u, u ran away to open another thread from one okonkwo.
Already u Av with u the electoral law. U also have the constitution. What does these laws states and what has Buhari done?
How has Buhari erred from these laws.
I wonder why these pathetic generations simply can't put their brain to work.
Hmmmm....a real pathetic generation that has become infected with the clueless virus by their master!
Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:33am On Jan 09, 2015
segxi1960:

Obj presented his Bsc degree...

And Yar'adua was a Lecturer before politics.
Bsc certificate from where?
He attended a school of agriculture...dunno if he had a school certificate sha! as in those days were something else!
Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 09, 2015
emeka94:
I've said in a different thread that I don't understand the kind of issueless politics, politicians and government we have in Nigeria. People support candidates based on sentiments and not facts.
Ok good and fine, GMB fought corruption as military head of state, how will he do it as a civilian president in a democratic dispensation? Remember the dude was in full control of the different arms of government (dictator!); but now we are in a democracy where power is equally shared between the arms of government. If par adventure, the good general wins the election, will he arrest ( work of the executive) and try and sentence corrupt elite (a function of the judiciary enabled by the legislations passed by NASS)?
I think it's time the good general comes out an state, concretely, how he will fight this hydra headed thing called corruption. Again what he's say on the economy. How will he build it and maintain and diversify it?
This are the questions we should be asking instead of shouting sai Buhari and GeJ 2019 up and down. Remember what happened after everyone jumped on the Jonah bandwagon in 2011. As someone said on NL that he doesn't like herd Abi Na crowd mentality, it's always wrong.
There are some voters, like me, that are still on the fence. Presenting issues like this will help sway us.

By the way wetin be sai and Kai

I'm glad we still have SENSIBLE people who think this way!!! bravo!!

3 Likes

Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 5:04am On Jan 09, 2015

4 Likes

Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Marpol: 5:59am On Jan 09, 2015
SergeAlain:

Well said my brother. Also important.

How will you quell corruption in the States and LGs (almost 50% of the total pie)? Considering these are elected officials, many of whom have immunity?

Where is James Ibori today? He is in London prison for graft. What happened to DSP Alams? He ran from London to evade going to jail. Its not about immunity. They will finish their tenure one day and you ship them to jail.
Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by emeka94(m): 6:10am On Jan 09, 2015
Drsheddy:
Who is this??

Emeka94

1 Like

Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by hotwax: 6:54am On Jan 09, 2015
You guys are still dwelling on certificate..This man had a master degree in US war college.

Have you noticed Buhari has been ignoring you guys? He saw you as noise makers. Non-entities...

Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 09, 2015
[size=18pt]#FailbuhariPartIV is a task that must be accomplished.

#ShowYourCertificate must be pursued relentlessly, no compromise.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by hotwax: 7:59am On Jan 09, 2015
[b]Remember Nigerians...

Let nobody use religion to deceive you. CHristian or Muslim, we are all Nigerians. If Nigeria face hardship, it will affect both Christians and muslims.

They told us in churches 4 years ago to vote Jonathan because he is a christian, he had no shoe, he is youthful. Has he done anything to improve the life of Christians (Major voters) talk-less of the general masses?
Even a war Turn Uganda has 24 ours electricity. And we are giant of Africa. WHy is electricity becoming impossible or rocket science in Nigeria? My brethren, it is corruption jare.

Corruption gives birth to:
i. Insecurity (Boko-Haram)
ii. Bad economy (when people are looting our treasury)
iii. Injustice (Judicial scam as can be seen in Alamesiya, James Ibori, Al-Mustapha and others freed from prison)
iv. Global Image (No country takes us serious again. They see us criminals)

I dont trust both Buhari and Jonathan, but we have to face 2 evils now and decide which one can be managed.

We have seen what GEJ is capable of for 6 years. He has successfully put Nigerian in a sink hole.

I am not supporting any of the 2 candidates. But we have to weigh our options.

1. Do we want to continue like this?
2. Do we think we deserve better ?

These are the 2 choices facing us?

But I think we deserve electricity![/b]

1 Like

Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 09, 2015
hotwax:
You guys are still dwelling on certificate..This man had a master degree in US war college.

Have you noticed Buhari has been ignoring you guys? He saw you as noise makers. Non-entities...

Sorry bro nobody is asking him to show his M.Sc certificate if he has any, all we ask for is his FSLC or whatever it's called during his school days which is a basic requirement for contesting an elective position. I believe he should have it except of course he didn't attend primary school.
You see the fathers of the law made it so simple for everyone. Taking a school leading certificate instead of Bachelor, Master degrees which would have ruled many out gives everyone the chance to contest, me think Buhari should appreciate what they have done for him. He should stop ridiculing us.

1 Like

Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by loswhite(m): 9:09am On Jan 09, 2015
tit:
Buhari has sent in an affidavit.
He has Masters degree.
Why are you people still disturbing us?
which certificate did he use to qualify for the last election? Or are they saying INEC allowed him then to contest without meeting the requirement. The certificate issue is so so annoying cos this is not the first time he is contesting
Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by egobetatoday: 11:53am On Jan 09, 2015
Bawss1:
So I don't need to go to school, all I need is an affidavit? Why didn't anybody tell me this years ago grin grin

Honestly. I've spent so much time in getting a Bsc and an MSc when just a sworn affidavit will do. Lol

1 Like

Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Adelebadmos(m): 1:51pm On Jan 09, 2015
Nigerians, shine your eyes.
This is not the time for doubting the academic elligibility of the unaguably best candidate for Nigerian presidency at this critical time of our nationhood.
If the constitutional provision for academic eligibility for a candidate for the presidency is minimum of Senior School Certificate or its equivalent, then the detractors should explain to Nigeria that the grade of the military training that earns an individual the prestigious title of 'General' is lower not higher than a senior school certificate or its equivalent!!!
By the way, what is that for academic eligibility at this crucial time. The current occupier of Aso Rock Villa holds a PhD in the sciences and entrusts the coordination of the economy with the Minister of Finance who is a professor of Economics and a formal MD of the World Bank. Yet corruption thrives in the Nigerian land to an unprecedented degree and the economy enmessed in disasters and calamities not experienced in the history of the country and the like of it not encountered any part of our presesent world.
Thus, paper qualifications fail but personal integrity has never failed and will never fail.
Buhari has done the needful by submitting an affidavit that his certificates are intact with the Nigerian Military.
Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by 989900: 2:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
Adelebadmos:
Nigerians, shine your eyes.
This is not the time for doubting the academic elligibility of the unaguably best candidate for Nigerian presidency at this critical time of our nationhood.
If the constitutional provision for academic eligibility for a candidate for the presidency is minimum of Senior School Certificate or its equivalent, then the detractors should explain to Nigeria that the grade of the military training that earns an individual the prestigious title of 'General' is lower not higher than a senior school certificate or its equivalent!!!
By the way, what is that for academic eligibility at this crucial time. The current occupier of Aso Rock Villa holds a PhD in the sciences and entrusts the coordination of the economy with the Minister of Finance who is a professor of Economics and a formal MD of the World Bank. Yet corruption thrives in the Nigerian land to an unprecedented degree and the economy enmessed in disasters and calamities not experienced in the history of the country and the like of it not encountered any part of our presesent world.
Thus, paper qualifications fail but personal integrity has never failed and will never fail.
Buhari has done the needful by submitting an affidavit that his certificates ate intact with the Nigerian Military.

You took this^^ right from my mouth. If only certs=good governance.

OTOH, no one wants a 'sniper' like our first lady as president, even though she does posses beyond the minimum educational requirements ("Born in Port Harcourt, she earned her school certificate in 1976, and passed the West African School Certificate Examination (WASCE) in 1980. In 1989, she obtained the National Certificate of Education (NCE) in Mathematics and Biology from the Rivers State College of Arts and Science, Port Harcourt. She then proceeded to the University of Port Harcourt and studied for a B.Ed in Biology and Psychology" ) --wiki. wink wink

P.S. Personally, I've got no 'strong-preference' for neither the President, nor the General.

1 Like

Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by abbey621(m): 2:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
Allow me to repeat myself, Nigerians are some of the most gullible people in the world! Show us your certificate is now more important than the failures of the current government. The same set of people who voted for Jonathan in 2011 because he had no shoes, you guys are just pathetic! How can the youths be the future of this country, when the youths are so weak? We all know Nigeria needs a revolution, if we continue on this path of mediocrity and corruption, it's only a matter of time before the economy collapse yet we would rather vote for the same PDP baffoons than to use our vote to change the political scene. Nigerians why are we so afraid of change? Is it that the current state of the economy is tolerable? Is it that the current government has been so successful that we are now enjoying the dividens of democracy? Or could it be that religion, tribalism, bigotry and greed are now imbedded deep within our hearts? The presidential election is about a month away, unfortunately I fear most of us are too blind to see what is really important, CHANGE or MEDIOCRITY?
Re: Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by free13: 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2015
Bifwoli:
GMB was not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture, or death but he was clearly afraid of books,libraries and pens

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blackout: 19 Plants Shut As Militant Attacks Shrink Gas Supply / Police Fire Bullets On IPOB Demanding For Release Of Their Members In Rivers / Breaking: APC, PDP Leaders To Declare For SDP Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.