Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today (6797 Views)

Okorocha At Asumpta Catholic, Gave His Life To Christ,Promises To Change His Way / GEJ Gave Away Rivers Oil Wells Because I Supported Buhari A Muslim - Ameachi / The Tragedy Of African Mentality By Pro. PLO Lumumba ( The Best Speech Ever) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 08, 2015
dominique:
So now we're to vote based on speech delivery? undecided

Did the speech include how our foreign reserves got depleted in just six years?

Did the speech include how insensitive and non-challant he has been about the senseless killings in the North East?

Did the speech include how he let corruption to dwell in almost every sector in the country?

And most importantly....

Did the speech include how to bring back the Chibok girls

Whoever told you that foreign reserves are depleted. Do not mistake ECA (excess crude account) with foreign reserve, that's the mistake a lot of people make.

I suppose this is an offshoot of listening to too much gossip on Nairaland. Always verify your information or atleast carry out a research, don't depend on gossip.
Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Pataki: 11:34pm On Jan 08, 2015
Seun:
PDP warriors, please post the video or at least a transcript of the speech so we can judge its quality ourselves instead of relying on hearsay.

The video are already in short short clips on Channelstv Youtube Videos.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by dunkem21(m): 12:04am On Jan 09, 2015
mrmetoo1:

I love this, he was equipped with fact

He was equipped with facts when he said "they" didn't build any school before him, meaning it was GEJ that built Unilag, UI, OAU, all the FG secondary schools.

He was equipped with facts when he said "they" didn't buy a single rifle before him, please kindly click on the article below and READ
https://beegeagle./2010/04/26/nigerian-armed-forces-the-post-1975-trend-of-military-hardware-acquisitions/

He was equipped with facts when he said MEND tried to kill him while in 2010 he came out to say MEND wasn't responsible for the bombing.

He was equipped with fact when he said prisons are not meant for criminals. Or maybe he really doesn't understand what/who a criminal is anymore

Your guy sounded agitated today, he sounded frustrated. He was just mud slinging left right and center without mentioning any tangible point. He didn't sound presidential at all. What a smart president will do is tell us what he has done all these years and tell us how he intends to continue not blame "they" for all his problems. Not a single mention of the missing girls

Waoh! These are the reason I booked FTC space in TBS to counter all these claims. On schools, did you hear him talk about 12 universities? ..Almajiri Education? ..he said they built prisons while he is building universities. GEJ performed well here.
He also said that if they had equipped the military, his administration wouldn't have problems tackling insurgency. The rifle there was an oxymoron abi how dem dey call am sef?

You would have included where he referred to himself and his generation as half dead while guaranteeing our youth the future.

He marshalled his points well and I agree, he went deep into the murky waters and pelted red mud. I saw a different type of sweet mudslinging suitable for the opposition.

Buhari and OBJ fell in one swoop.
Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Isiterere(m): 12:05am On Jan 09, 2015
...below my expectation, he's still clueless as always. What I expected of him to LAGOSIAN is to tell us what he has done for us to merit our votes.
To make matter worse, he said "Henry Okah intention was to assassinate him" the same man you defend in 2010? Despite the man claimed responsibility for the bombing? GEJ need to be examined psychiatrically.

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by tunji4life: 1:35am On Jan 09, 2015
JONATHAN is more or less the opposition. Diz guy is really dumb as in really really dumb still no Plan NO roadmap @ least i expected him to take responsibility of his inactive and corrupt government apologize to Nigerians for failing to do his homework for six years not coming to rant and bark. his campaign team is just like him. they are just picking on people not picking on issues. they should tell us how they plan as in (let me write it in capital letter) PLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to tackle CORRUPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! abi. blaming APC for your failures or blaming past leaders for your failures is childish and immature. Jonathan you need to grow up and grow some balls nawa oooooo i still wonder how we allowed this kind of weakling to run our country for 6 years. its irritating the way jonathan and the pdp are treating Nigerians. they should go abeg!!!!!!!!!
Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 2:57am On Jan 09, 2015
nigerianvenom:
mehn!
its good to be educated.
GEJ is truly the man.his speeches was flawless.
he gave the best i've seen from any Nigerian politicians
Indeed flawless, just as your post toocheesy
Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by fx45(m): 6:38am On Jan 09, 2015
Adminisher:

5. You Win and other youth empowerment picky started just about a year ago.
Are U for real?
Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by mrmetoo1: 7:13am On Jan 09, 2015
dunkem21:

Waoh! These are the reason I booked FTC space in TBS to counter all these claims. On schools, did you hear him talk about 12 universities? ..Almajiri Education? ..he said they built prisons while he is building universities. GEJ performed well here.
He also said that if they had equipped the military, his administration wouldn't have problems tackling insurgency. The rifle there was an oxymoron abi how dem dey call am sef?

You would have included where he referred to himself and his generation as half dead while guaranteeing our youth the future.

He marshalled his points well and I agree, he went deep into the murky waters and pelted red mud. I saw a different type of sweet mudslinging suitable for the opposition.

Buhari and OBJ fell in one swoop.

What are you saying?? I just gave you proof they equipped the army very well before him. He said they didn't build universities before him, is that true?

That's the reason they say GEJ's achievements are like an mp3 file you just hear about them without seeing them.

As for this universities, where are they? Give me the names of the schools? Is there a website where we can check the courses offered. Who are their students?? In short are they functional? Please go and ask them and come back with those answers, no more stories. Let's all begin to talk facts

P.S. The word you're looking for is hyperbole

1 Like

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 09, 2015
nigerianvenom:

I'M sure buhari will print excerpt of GEJ's campaigns speech and paste it in his room
he's helplessly searching for the speech already, see picture for verification.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by dunkem21(m): 8:48am On Jan 09, 2015
mrmetoo1:

What are you saying?? I just gave you proof they equipped the army very well before him. He said they didn't build universities before him, is that true?

That's the reason they say GEJ's achievements are like an mp3 file you just hear about them without seeing them.

As for this universities, where are they? Give me the names of the schools? Is there a website where we can check the courses offered. Who are their students?? In short are they functional? Please go and ask them and come back with those answers, no more stories. Let's all begin to talk facts

P.S. The word you're looking for is hyperbole

Thanks so much. Came back here cos of three things.
1. To thank you for that word; Hyperbole.
2. The emboldened.
3. You are intelligent, love facts and can be bought over with "FACTS"

Ok, GEJ promised that each state must have a university. He noticed that 12 states didnt have federal universities and built one each for the 12 states.

One of the schools President Goodluck Jonathan built is FEDERAL UNIVERSITY DUSTIN-MA, KATSINA ..In Buhari's own backyard.

Oh, you asked for website and courses offered .. http://fudutsinma.edu.ng/outlines/

Goodluck's achievements are numerous and we want sound minds like you to help propagate the word.

Join us!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by killemslim(m): 8:55am On Jan 09, 2015
U call 2174 days over night?a sincere govt will start working from its first day in office to produce concrete changes in less than 2yrs and for hi4 crooked speech,please don't be deceived that's just a script that has been constructed by his evil geniuses just for him to read out.make una see truth talk nau dis country don reduce drastically for the past 6years nau.another 4yrs in this no be beans o country people.If he is not acting according to a written script he needs not to read from any paper to convince us he feels for nigerians,he should say how he feels from the buttom of his heart(dem no dey write script for dat one).
Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Moz22: 8:57am On Jan 09, 2015
what was it he said that he didnt tell us in 2009...abeg enuf of all the stories. We want actions and not words
Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Moz22: 9:06am On Jan 09, 2015
they said, they said, they said was all i heard yesterday....is that what Nigeria need right now? Confused slowpoke in the person of GEJ

#saiBuhari
#feBuhari14
Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Alezy(m): 3:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
And Tinubu still found a lot of fault in that speech...well an opposition is always an opposition no matter what.
Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by glory2glory: 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2015
Best speech indeed. GEJ only indicted himself.
1. He confessed he has failed us, is spent and half dead and should be left alone to bury the deaf.
2. He could not say what he is doing or planning to do to stop insurgency but rather blamed the past leaders for not equipping the military. This man has been in office for almost 6yrs with trillions of naira going to defence and security. Why has he not equipped the military? Is he not indirectly agreeing with Buhari that corruption in the military is part of the reasons the military seem to be overwhelmed by the fight against BH.
3. A president ought to speak with facts. He lied that Buhari never bought one riffle as HOS. Evidence shows otherwis
4. He misquoted Buhari . GMB promised to jail corrupt Nigerians while GEJ said GMB promised to take Nigerians from the street and send them to kirikiri.
5. He tried so hard to discredit GMB anticorruption fight.Well, thats expected. GEJ's administration is the most corrupt . GEJ does not see corruption as our problem.
6. GEJ said Orkar was procured to kill him. Orkar is jail, what about those that 'procured' him to do the work? Dokpesi was implicated then, is he not one of GEJ's ally today.
7. The same GEJ exonerated mend 4yrs ago, now saying they wanted to assassinate him. What do we play? Why is GEJ always playing the victim?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Reptyle(m): 4:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
SenseiX:
Who watched GEJ's campaign launch today...dude gave probably his best speech ever, he was clear,bold,factual and took Buhari and APC to the cleaners without mentioning names, a friend of mine who is an APC supporter was shocked at his audacity, He spoke like he really wants to win and clearly and audibly unlike Buhari whose words I can barely hear. I like this Goodluck Jonathan.........he has my vote
GEJ till 2019
PS- That crowd was the largest i've seen so far in this campaign season. The die is cast, the Eagle has landed

This speech below is his best speech ever

Transcript of President's Jonathan's Speech at the PDP Lagos Campaign

Your Excellency, the chairman of our great party, Alhaji Adamu Muazu, senior members of our party here on this great occasion, we have spent so much time here so I will not bore you with protocols.

Today, I am going to address only a segment of the Nigerian population. I am going to address the people who are voting for the first time, those of you who will attain 18 years this year.

That means I am addressing the young people. I do not want to address old people like me, because we are spent already and I will crave your indulgence Nigerian youths, those of you who are here, and those of you watching us at home, listen to what I am saying.
I am going to address political gatherings in 37 cities and I am going to dwell on three key things. I am focusing on the young people.

Whatever I say, when you go back, call your aunts or call your uncles, your father or your mother, or your cousin, that is at least 60 years old and confirm and ask them what you heard that the Presidential candidate of PDP mentioned in any of the rallies because 2015 elections is about the young people: either you vote and continue to be relevant in Nigeria’s political history or you vote for you to be irrelevant.

And I will repeat it, those of you who are voting for the first time, your decision to vote could mean you vote for a Nigerian youth to be important, to be relevant in this country or be a Nigerian person to be treated as a nonsense person and I believe all of you want to be relevant.

Of course you have seen…we have just introduced our governorship candidates and you see how many of them that is of your age bracket. Which other party will give that kind of opportunity?

I am going to dwell on three things because those who say they want to take over power from PDP have been telling a lot of lies. They have hired people from all over the world and those of you in the social media carry all forms of lies, painting all kinds of colour and giving me all kinds of face that I cannot defend.
If you listen to us in the 37 places we will address these issues, you will now know where to cast your votes. I will address you in all the places on three issues.

The first is the issue of insecurity. I am also going to address whether this administration is fighting or encouraging corruption. I am going to address the issue of weak government and unfocused government that has no plans. Yours is to listen and compare with everything that has been done before in this country and take a decision.I will not keep you here for too long because we still have the opportunity… I am going to raise just very few issues today and tomorrow I will continue in Enugu and then on and on and on.

First let me tell you about the voter’s card. First when we came in here we saw some placards, some of you complaining that we are yet to get a permanent voters card. Only yesterday, I directed that every Nigerian (of voting age) must vote. INEC must make sure and government will not allow a situation where some (eligible) Nigerians will not vote; we will not allow it. All Nigerians must vote and I mean it.

I told you that I am addressing those of you who are voting for the first time. Those of you in the age bracket of 20 to 24, if you go back, ask your uncles, before 2011 no Nigerian complained that he had no voters card. People voted themselves into office. We came and said every Nigeria vote must count and since then, the voter’s card has become relevant.
This is the party that is giving political strength to all Nigerians. Already you have been told from intelligence reports that some people are already cloning cards so that your voter’s card will no longer be relevant. Is that the kind of people you want to take over government? (Crowd shouts NO…!)

They want to take us to the old days when nobody saw voter’s cards but results were announced. They want to take us to the old days when ballot papers would be in South Africa and results would be announced. Are you going back to the old days? (Crowd shouts NO…!)

Nigeria must move forward, Nigeria is for the youths. Nigeria is not for old people like us. The young generation must redefine this country. We must take this country to where we want it to be. Nobody can push us backwards. The past is past. They have led us backward and backward.

In fact when we were young, we were told that at Independence, Nigeria, Brazil, Malaysia, Indonesia and even India were all at the same level. That was what we were told when I was in the secondary school and the university. Now all those countries have left us behind and now some people want to take us backward. Do you want to go backwards? (Crowd shouts NO…!) Nigerian youths do you want to go backwards… (Crowd shouts NO…!)

Young Nigerians were doing things fantastically well, they were acting films and these very people were snubbing them, they were playing music and these very people were abusing them. But we are encouraging them and the world has accepted them. Do you want to move forward? (Crowd shouts YES…!) Do you want to go backward? (Crowd shouts NO…!)
I told you I was going to address things and I will be very brief. They talk about insecurity. That they will fight insecurity. And you will ask are our armed forces weak? Are the Nigerians in the Armed Forces weak? If we have problems what is the cause—equipment. And somebody who wakes up and tells young people of 23 years old that he wants to fight insecurity, ask him when he was the head of government did he buy one rifle for a Nigerian soldier. (Crowd shouts NO!…)

http://www.misspetitenigeriablog.com/2015/01/full-transcript-of-president-jonathans.html
Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by donphilopus: 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
Seun:
PDP warriors, please post the video or at least a transcript of the speech so we can judge its quality ourselves instead of relying on hearsay.

Seun, please explain to me why my "Time spent online" is showing '2 months & 1 day' instead of '3 months & 1 day'. Thanks!
Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by donphilopus: 10:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
donphilopus:

Seun, please explain to me why my "Time spent online" is showing '2 months & 1 day' instead of '3 months & 1 day'. Thanks!

Seun, please I need a response to this. Or should I open a thread for it before you give me response. Don't just wanna spam this forum with some unnecessary issues. Thanks!
Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by follugee: 12:33am On Jan 10, 2015
And they called dat speech? As much as i dislike both of dem... d fuss pple are makin of dis irritates me the more! Cant believe i wasted my tym out of curiosity....
Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by kaypable(m): 10:50am On Jan 12, 2015
SwagForce1:

Then spread the support below.

Dear Sawgforce1,
My name is Ogunwo Olukayode, I am a business and entrepreneur person. I am the Managing Partner of El-TEM Investment and a Partner with Aclan MultiMedia Ltd. I designed a pendant for the People's Democratic Party and I had over 5000 samples sent to Nigeria to grow and expand my business. it is very shocking to find a picture of my samples on this website by one "swagforce1" which is you. You uses my pendant sample pictures everyday on his post on Nairaland. it is my hard work and labour that you is flaunting on his page on nairaland. I have the design protected and since it has gone viral, I will use everything within my power and capacity to make sure you do not have it the free way. All my partners have seen these pictures even down to my contacts in the Villa and 3 other state respectively. Do you know how it feels for my INVESTMENT over millions of Naira just go down the drain. My proposals are been turn down. I plan to take this to the media and I will most definitely press for a law suit. I have the patent over this designs and my products. please I advice SWAGFORCE1 to take out those post and stop using My product samples for publication on this site. Or I will take actions on both you and nairaland. You cannot not find the pictures of this product anywhere but on this website and it is absurd. IF you want to promote the party find other means and not at the expense of other people's business!! Kindly take out the picture and stop using them. I hope my plight is understood. I will send the screen shot of this publication on Naira Land and I will share it with my Lawyer, the Corporate Affairs Commission and the Ministry of Trade, Commerce and Investment who have covered my designs and we will continue from there. I hope Nairaland gets this information too. And everybody on this platform can bear me witness this is preposterous. Reach me on ogunwokayode@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is What Will Become Of Nigeria If It Breaks / Shehu Sani Urged Federal Government To Support South African Returnees / Buhari Transmits ₦‎819.5 Billion Supplementary Budget To NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.