Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,887 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) (6545 Views)

I Am Pleased I Am Back, I Am Feeling Much Better Now. - President Buhari (Pic) / Remi Sonaiya & Her Nephew Mock Buhari(pic) / Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by Collynzo9: 8:28am On Jan 09, 2015
See person wey wan create jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by ochon: 8:35am On Jan 09, 2015
And this is the man that told us he'll SINGLE HANDEDLY stabilize oil price as if he runs OPEC? Someone that can't even provide employment to his citizens, but find it easy to murder innocent Nigerians and carry out a coup?

I still can't believe how someone sane can see this man as the change we clamour for. Maybe he wants to change the fortunes of this country and lead us back to medieval ages.

3 Likes

Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by SUBMARINE: 8:37am On Jan 09, 2015
Collynzo9:

KAI Buhari grin

2003- 150 Cows

2007- 150 Cows

2011- 150 Cows

2015- 150 Cows

Buhari stabilized his cows

No increase no decrease

Illiteracy no good

6 Likes

Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:17am On Jan 09, 2015
Ngwakwe, seun, obinoscopy, topic modified, kindly consider this for frontpage for a robust debate. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by ahaika23: 9:48am On Jan 09, 2015
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by rozayx5(m): 9:52am On Jan 09, 2015
obinoscopy front page pls

cool

1 Like

Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by Delafruita(m): 10:09am On Jan 09, 2015
Mogidi:

Buhari will triple unemployment if voted into power, I mean he hasn't done any meaningful work since he was ousted by Babangida in 1985. How can Buhari who hasn't worked since 1985 know how to improve employment?

Vote Buhari for 77%-100% unemployment.

Vote Buhari who has been unemployed since 1985 (30yrs unemployed)

like I have always said,I don't believe buhari is the best APC has to offer but if its a choice between buhari and jonathan,buhari is definitely a better choice. 77% unemployment rate among graduate means a 23% employment rate.what is the employment rate among graduates today?we have almost 500,000 graduates yearly and less than 10% get any type of job.majority of them get jobs that earn them 10k a month.how many of today's graduate get into the civil service?how many get into the private sector?especially in this age of 5years experience?if as at today,23% of graduates get employed every year,we will praise jonathan and encourage him to create an enabling environment for others to become entrepreneurs.instead of this been an indictment of buhari,it is only encouraging me to canvass more votes for him

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by francizy(m): 10:35am On Jan 09, 2015
Juliaann:
Hahahahahahahahahahgrin

Wow, imara nma na ese okwu! kiss
Your type suppose be Rev. Sister so that boys no go spoil you finish... grin grin grin
Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by francizy(m): 10:37am On Jan 09, 2015
Collynzo9:
SUBMARINE:

KAI Buhari grin
2003- 150 Cows
2007- 150 Cows
2011- 150 Cows
2015- 150 Cows
No increase no decrease
Illiteracy no good

These two guys are hilariously hilarious!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2015
Delafruita:
like I have always said,I don't believe buhari is the best APC has to offer but if its a choice between buhari and jonathan,buhari is definitely a better choice. 77% unemployment rate among graduate means a 23% employment rate.what is the employment rate among graduates today?we have almost 500,000 graduates yearly and less than 10% get any type of job.majority of them get jobs that earn them 10k a month.how many of today's graduate get into the civil service?how many get into the private sector?especially in this age of 5years experience?if as at today,23% of graduates get employed every year,we will praise jonathan and encourage him to create an enabling environment for others to become entrepreneurs.instead of this been an indictment of buhari,it is only encouraging me to canvass more votes for him

Are you for real dude? Get your facts right.

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 09, 2015
GEJ has really failed us but Buhari is definitely not the change we need...
Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by Safari29: 11:16am On Jan 09, 2015
op pls do tell us how many percentage of graduate are employed and unemployed now. thanks
Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by theV0ice: 11:19am On Jan 09, 2015
Delafruita:

God bless you. Another important thing I took away from that newspaper cut is that GMB ran a government that didn't tell lies to paint itself good. Even though a military government, it was open information giving by even the government newspaper. It paints GMB as more transparent than this so called 'Democratic' govt.

I wish gej; the 'christian' president can let us know the statistics of unemployment in the country today

1 Like

Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by LRNZH(m): 11:32am On Jan 09, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:
GEJ has really failed us but Buhari is definitely not the change we need...

theV0ice:

God bless you. Another important thing I took away from that newspaper cut is that GMB ran a government that didn't tell lies to paint itself good. Even though a military government, it was open information giving by even the government newspaper. It paints GMB as more transparent than this so called 'Democratic' govt.
I wish gej; the 'christian' president can let us know the statistics of unemployment in the country today

OP don mess up.

80% of Nigeria youths are unemployed in 2014 by CBN

http://www.informationng.com/2014/06/80-of-nigerian-youths-are-unemployed-cbn-official.html
This is after 5 years of Transformation agenda, average of $80 per barrel oil. Remember GEJ inherited a robust economy from OBJ and Yar'adua.

Compare with a debt ridden economy GMB took over from Shagari. GMB introduced austerity measures hence the high unemployment rate. In an austerity, people will suffer before it bears dividends. IBB cut short GMB's austerity after 1 year 8 months, reversed most of GMB's policies and denied Nigerians the benefit of GMB's austerity.

3 Likes

Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by theV0ice: 11:37am On Jan 09, 2015
LRNZH:

OP don mess up.

80% of Nigeria youths are unemployed in 2014 by CBN official

http://www.informationng.com/2014/06/80-of-nigerian-youths-are-unemployed-cbn-official.html
This is after 5 years of Transformation agenda, average of $80 per barrel oil. Remember GEJ inherited a robust economy from OBJ and Yar'adua.

GMB met a comatose bleeding economy and stemmed the tide while starting the process of rebuilding. GEJ on the other hand met an almost debt free nation, robust reserves and favoured with high oil price yet we have 80% unemployment.

Shame on the jesus of doyun okupe
Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by LRNZH(m): 11:44am On Jan 09, 2015
theV0ice:

GMB met a comatose bleeding economy and stemmed the tide while starting the process of rebuilding. GEJ on the other hand met an almost debt free nation, robust reserves and favoured with high oil price yet we have 80% unemployment.

Shame on the jesus of doyun okupe

My advise to TANoids, GEJites, Jonathanites and Cluelites is to forget about campaigning on performance. GEJ will always lose.

Even GEJ avoided performance based campaign yesterday in Lagos.

I bet you guys my reputation. Any discussion under performance, GEJ will woefully scatter.

You guys can rely on GMB is a devout Muslim hence he is a terrorist, he is a disciplinarian hence he is a dictator, he is Fulani hence he is a cow but otherwise, foul..... grin

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by gists: 11:44am On Jan 09, 2015
LRNZH:

OP don mess up.

Compare with a debt ridden economy GMB took over from Shagari. GMB introduced austerity hence the high unemployment rate. In an austerity, people will suffer before it bears dividends. IBB cut short GMB's austerity after 1 year 8 months, reversed most of GMB's policies and denied Nigerians the benefit of GMB's austerity.

This is a big lesson for those trying ever so hard to run down GMB. They should be very careful of what they post because examples are plenty to show gmb government was waaayyy better than this fraud of a gej administration.
Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by thewarrior72: 11:48am On Jan 09, 2015
Buhari knows next to nothing about economy & should not be allowed close Aso rock, with the global falling oil price & the looming economic crisis, we Nigerians can't afford to allow a buhari with zero economic record & zero leadership quality to worsen the already fragile economy

1 Like

Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 09, 2015
LRNZH:

OP don mess up.

Compare with a debt ridden economy GMB took over from Shagari. GMB introduced austerity measures hence the high unemployment rate. In an austerity, people will suffer before it bears dividends. IBB cut short GMB's austerity after 1 year 8 months, reversed most of GMB's policies and denied Nigerians the benefit of GMB's austerity.

You Sir are the one who has messed up with a deceptive argument. The OP posted about graduate unemployment. 80% of youths does not in anyway translate to 80% of graduates. Nonetheless, we should be very disturbed that 80% of youths are unemployed.

@OP, please show objectivity in your argument by posting the percentage of unemployed graduates as of today.
Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by olabukola: 11:53am On Jan 09, 2015
SUBMARINE:

KAI Buhari grin

2003- 150 Cows

2007- 150 Cows

2011- 150 Cows

2015- 150 Cows

No increase no decrease

Illiteracy no good
Please show me where Buhari said he has 150 cows in 2003, 2007 or 2011.
Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by LRNZH(m): 12:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
NeoTesla:

You Sir are the one who has messed up with a deceptive argument. The OP posted about graduate unemployment. 80% of youths does not in anyway translate to 80% of graduates. Nonetheless, we should be very disturbed that 80% of youths are unemployed.

@OP, please show objectivity in your argument by posting the percentage of unemployed graduates as of today.

Graduate unemployment I expect to be about similar levels. Remember, non educated people or non graduates are more inclined to learn a trade and be employed even if it is menial. More graduates sit at home looking or waiting for good jobs.

In any case, from empirical observation, I would expect the CBN to have more accurate data on gaduate unemployment than on non graduates because we know the gaduation number in Nigeria and can estimate employment numbers from income taxes. But for non graduates, it is more difficult to estimate.

Do you agree?
Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by LRNZH(m): 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2015
Where's everyone?

Forgive me OP and previous commenters.
I didn't mean to kill your fun.

All of a sudden the thread is deserted once I show up.
grin
Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by goshen(m): 12:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
I would take you TAN guys seriously when you show any country with fantastic employment figures during recession. In fact, in the mild recession we had recently most companies, especially banks went on firing spree. Secondly, there is a great deal of difference between unemployment rate and graduate employment rate. The fact that graduate employment rate in a year stood at 77% does not imply that the general unemployment rate was any close to that.

Honestly, comparing employment figures of 1983 with 2015 is NOT wise path to thread. You guys would be arguing from a losing position.

Sunnybobo3:
Sunday Times, February 17, 1985.

Out of 92,116 graduates (including Nigerians who studied abroad and HND holders) who graduated in 1983, only 21,026 were able to secure jobs as at 1985.

Worse is that fact that out of the 20 % employed, the public sector employed 85% While the private sector employed a paltry 15%. One wonders how the economy survived then?

Buhari was head of state all through the period under review.
Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by MayorofLagos(m): 1:13pm On Jan 09, 2015
I would like to do a mythbuster on this topic. PDP have no shame!

Labour Organizations and wages are factors that influence employers decisions, particularly in the private sector, and may explain why the public sector had more people on payroll.
Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by Delafruita(m): 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Are you for real dude? Get your facts right.
what are the right facts
Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by LRNZH(m): 1:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
MayorofLagos:
I would like to do a mythbuster on this topic. PDP have no shame!

Labour Organizations and wages are factors that influence employers decisions, particularly in the private sector, and may explain why the public sector had more people on payroll.

Read though the thread and save your effort.
Myth busted already.
Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
goshen:
I would take you TAN guys seriously when you show any country with fantastic employment figures during recession. In fact, in the mild recession we had recently most companies, especially banks went on firing spree. Secondly, there is a great deal of difference between unemployment rate and graduate employment rate. The fact that graduate employment rate in a year stood at 77% does not imply that the general unemployment rate was any close to that.

Honestly, comparing employment figures of 1983 with 2015 is NOT wise path to thread. You guys would be arguing from a losing position.

Now, let's make this simpler and interesting.

Starting from your immediate family, tell us how many graduates are unemployed 2 years after graduating. Then move yo your extended family ie uncles, aunties, cousins etc and tell us the percentage of graduates that are not employed as we speak. You can extend further to your local community.
Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by LRNZH(m): 1:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Now, let's make this simpler and interesting.

Starting from your immediate family, tell us how many graduates are unemployed 2 years after graduating. Then move yo your extended family ie uncles, aunties, cousins etc and tell us the percentage of graduates that are not employed as we speak. You can extend further to your local community.

I have two in my house. One with a Masters Degree and another with a BA. Just leave the matter .

Like I showed you, CBN has closed this issue by stating that there is 80% youth unemployment in Nigeria.
Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
LRNZH:

I have two in my house. One with a Masters Degree and another with a BA. Just leave the matter .

Like I showed you, CBN has closed this issue by stating that there is 80% youth unemployment in Nigeria.

Are they unemployed or underemployed?

1 Like

Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by MayorofLagos(m): 1:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
Look and compare labour productivity between Buhari regime and others. The principal determinant of that surge in growth rate is War Against Indiscipline.

He stalled the decline in productivity, it improved under his watch but then took a nose dive again after him.

Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by LRNZH(m): 1:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
Double Post...
Re: Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) by LRNZH(m): 1:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Are they unemployed or underemployed?

You no sabi read? CBN talk say 8 out of every 10 young person for Nigeria no get work inside 2014.
Read the article again

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Possibility Of An Edo Or Igbo To Rule Lagos In 2023 / For Posterity To Be Kind To Us On Gbajabiamila - By Olubunmi Tunji-ojo / NCAA Cautions Pilots, Others Over Adverse Weather In Nigerian Airports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.