Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,586 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? (10497 Views)

Should Buhari Arrest Gej Now? / Fayose Slams Buhari-Arrest Boko Haram Not Dasuki / Can Buhari Arrest Pres Jonathan On May 29? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Freelancer00(m): 11:28am On Jan 10, 2015
When u know it won't change ur mind about voting him, why u dey ask question wey u fit Google. Na nairaland give all of una chance to con dey talk nonsense.
Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by IGBOSON1: 11:36am On Jan 10, 2015
mazzi:
that didn't change the fact that buhari jailed him for doing nothing.

^^^Those pics only show the kind of forgiving spirit Igbos have!

We all know those past military leaders (even ethnicities or religions) you dare not piss-off; they're highly vindictive and can bear a very long grudge! lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by 100Cents: 11:37am On Jan 10, 2015
GenBuhari:
lies !

[img]http://2.bp..com/-38ZJJQ_w2wQ/UL0tFe6UHcI/AAAAAAAAGFM/m7BstvV4hX4/s1600/ojukwu11.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-cxW_txP4fsI/UL0slm80BrI/AAAAAAAAGFE/H3wk_c_8hPM/s1600/2004may03_MassRally_OjukwuBuhariWadaNas.jpg[/img]

You mean, if I shake your hands today, I cannot jail you tomorrow ?

Have you heard of permanent friends before ?

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by 100Cents: 11:39am On Jan 10, 2015
Scarpon:
Buhari look. Evil to me just look. At his open teeth

Like shekarau..

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Adminisher: 11:42am On Jan 10, 2015
9jaIhail:

I wasted my time reading all the junk you put above without figuring out a single answer to the question the OP of this thread seek for.
In case you did not understand the question, can i write it in a capital letter? WHAT WAS OJUKWU SIN THAT WARRANTED GMB TO THROWN HIM INTO JAIL FOR TEN (10) GOOD MONTHS MAN.
Ojukwu wasn't part of the Government like you said, nor was there any investigation or evidence that proved he was corrupt before he was bundled and thrown into jail for ten (10) good months. Nearly a year without a crime.

Like i have said and will continue saying, the only igbos that supports GMB presidential campaign are either for selfish interest or party affiliation. No right thinking igbo person will chose blood thirty jihadist like GMB over a clueless GEJ.

You have to direct your question to Buhari then. So many other politicians were put in prison for a long time, I don't know why Ojukwu is the only one you are concerned about. What do you want Umaru Dikko' s people to say?. The man was drugged and unconscious in a crate, a pipe had been forced into his lungs and he was almost loaded as cargo into an aircraft. I guess I was put off by the irrelevant parochiality of your question.

The only thing I personally can accuse Ojukwu of was thuggery in Aba, Oweri and Onitsha on a massive scale on behalf of the NPN. Maybe that was why they unprovoked him up for 10 months.
Also maybe as a former Separatist leader, his RISK PROFILE was higher for a new military government than others.
I still think a lot of politicians of the era deserve to still be in prison till today including the luckiest of them all Mr 12 2/3 Akinjide who is an adviser to GEJ and whose daughter is flying high in government now.
Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Justcash(m): 11:42am On Jan 10, 2015
Adminisher:

The problem with Nairalamd is there are too many half educated and unexposed young people, semi illiterates actually who have lost the power to research anything or think due to an inadequate educational system. A lot of them start ignorance exposing threads and spew trash unnecessarily.
First of all, Ojukwu was not of concern to the Buhari Idiagbon regime at all. The biggest enemy they had was Umaru Dikko, the NPN strong man who had stolen money and was threatening to start a gov't in exile, there was later an even bigger enemy within the administration itself which we now know was Babangida.. Ojukwu himself had been out of the country in exile for years and was only invited back by the NPN gov't to boost their chances in the East against Zik. At the time Ojukwu came back to Nigeria, he was practically friends with everybody except funny enough, the Lagos State government that was sitting on his dad's numerous properties in Lagos. Ojukwu was a spectacle to behold and he attended Miss Nigeria contest as guest, fell in love with the winner, CC Onoh's daughter who became his wife. That was the Ojukwu we knew, a glamorous celebrity.
When Buhari came in all politicians had messed up big big time and were very unpopular. The jailing of all politicians included Ekwueme Ojukwu, Pa Ajasin and Okadigbo who used to insult Zik in public. Akinloye and Akinjide ran to the UK.
Most active senior politicians were in prison except Zik, Awo and Shagari who was put on house arrest.
The Buhari regime came in as heroes to rescue the country and most newspaper articles were favourable. Umaru Dikko who was later put in a crate was like the Shekau now, a public enemy No.1
Please cure your delusion. The Buhari regime was not about Ojukwu and Ojukwu was not the main issue of the day.
It was just an Hausa-Fulani civilian government being overthrown by Hausa-Fulani military officers. Pure and simple.

Interesting response. Thanks.

I already know that Buhari bundled a lot of politicians into jail. While it is easy to understand why he threw the active politicians in jail, it is difficult to understand WHY HE DEEMED IT FIT TO BUNDLE OJUKWU INTO JAIL TOO. After all, Ojukwu did not participate in Shagari's government.

Are you implying that by marrying Bianca Onoh, he demonstrated corruption and deserved to be jailed? Was his crime being pardoned by SHAGARI for political popularity?

Please, explain further. Your explanation is vague.

7 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by 100Cents: 11:43am On Jan 10, 2015
Justcash:

It is part of our history that needs to be clarified lest we vote a sectional and negatively passionate leader into power. We must not ignore this part of our history just to pacify ethnic bigots.

I am sure the South East, South South and the South West will not receive any capital projects under Buhari..

And as is their usual stance with demonizing a preceding govt, any existing contract for road construction will be terminated.

But Buhari will cry as usual. No need bothering..

6 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by backtosender: 11:46am On Jan 10, 2015
Buhari ruling nigeria in a democratic regime is like black man ruling russia APC made a huge mistake by chooses a bigot such as buhari as their flag bearer they failed woefully

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Justcash(m): 11:48am On Jan 10, 2015
Freelancer00:
When u know it won't change ur mind about voting him, why u dey ask question wey u fit Google. Na nairaland give all of una chance to con dey talk nonsense.

No be nonsense. It's important to know these small details so that we will know who BUHARI TRULY IS. It is very very very important.

....and no be only Nairaland, we thank God for technology. Now, posterity can start judging people's past actions early.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Collynzo9: 11:49am On Jan 10, 2015
Adminisher:

The problem with Nairalamd is there are too many half educated and unexposed young people, semi illiterates actually who have lost the power to research anything or think due to an inadequate educational system. A lot of them start ignorance exposing threads and spew trash unnecessarily.

First of all, Ojukwu was not of concern to the Buhari Idiagbon regime at all. The biggest enemy they had was Umaru Dikko, the NPN strong man who had stolen money and was threatening to start a gov't in exile, there was later an even bigger enemy within the administration itself which we now know was Babangida.. Ojukwu himself had been out of the country in exile for years and was only invited back by the NPN gov't to boost their chances in the East against Zik. At the time Ojukwu came back to Nigeria, he was practically friends with everybody except funny enough, the Lagos State government that was sitting on his dad's numerous properties in Lagos. Ojukwu was a spectacle to behold and he attended Miss Nigeria contest as guest, fell in love with the winner, CC Onoh's daughter who became his wife. That was the Ojukwu we knew, a glamorous celebrity.

When Buhari came in all politicians had messed up big big time and were very unpopular. The jailing of all politicians included Ekwueme Ojukwu, Pa Ajasin and Okadigbo who used to insult Zik in public. Akinloye and Akinjide ran to the UK.
Most active senior politicians were in prison except Zik, Awo and Shagari who was put on house arrest.
The Buhari regime came in as heroes to rescue the country and most newspaper articles were favourable. Umaru Dikko who was later put in a crate was like the Shekau now, a public enemy No.1
Please cure your delusion. The Buhari regime was not about Ojukwu and Ojukwu was not the main issue of the day.
It was just an Hausa-Fulani civilian government being overthrown by Hausa-Fulani military officers. Pure and simple.
It is funny how people like you insult [url=obinoscopy.seun.lalasticlala.therealmrstan.ishilove]others[/url] call them illiterates only to go on and spew the most illiterate jargon ever. How does this your long trash answer the question? Ojukwu wasn't occupying ANY public office before Buhari came in, he had no access to public funds at all, so what was Buhari's reason for arresting him?
If this was an exam, you would have used 5 sheets to answer just one question only to get a big F at the end.
Shame on you.

7 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Adminisher: 11:50am On Jan 10, 2015
Justcash:

Interesting response. Thanks.

I already know that Buhari bundled a lot of politicians into jail. While it is easy to understand why he threw the active politicians in jail, it is difficult to understand WHY HE DEEMED IT FIT TO BUNDLE OJUKWU INTO JAIL TOO. After all, Ojukwu did not participate in Shagari's government.

Are you implying that by marrying Bianca Onoh, he demonstrated corruption and deserved to be jailed? Was his crime being pardoned by SHAGARI for political popularity?

Please, explain further. Your explanation is vague.

I have just explained above.
The RISK PROFILE of Ojukwu was higher than others. He was a former military man, leader of a secessionist region who went into partisan politics. If you allowed him free, what if he linked up with Umaru Dikko (who was the main enemy in the mind of the gov t) they threatened the new government?. To you as civilians it is wickedness, to Ojukwu himself who would have done the same if the shoes were reversed it was expected security issue by a new government trying to prevent a counter coup. My major problem is always why Ibos don't have capacity to understand other people at all and are always operating under a kind of persecution mania. Abacha threw Yardaua and Obj into the worst prisons, injected one with poison and almost got the other with the same treatment and we all shrug it off now because rightly or wrongly Abacha was doing it for his own self survival.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Freelancer00(m): 11:53am On Jan 10, 2015
Justcash:

No be nonsense. It's important to know these small details so that we will know who BUHARI TRULY IS. It is very very very important.

....and no be only Nairaland, we thank God for technology. Now, posterity can start judging people's past actions early.
U could have googled it, u know?. Then come and post facts. Some people are lazy to do their own research and dwell on hearsay. That's why its nonsense since it won't change ur mind about voting him
Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Adminisher: 11:57am On Jan 10, 2015
Collynzo9:

It is funny how people like you insult [url=obinoscopy.seun.lalasticlala.therealmrstan.ishilove]others[/url] call them illiterates only to go on and spew the most illiterate jargon ever. How does this your long trash answer the question? Ojukwu wasn't occupying ANY public office before Buhari came in, he had no access to public funds at all, so what was Buhari's reason for arreksting him?
If this was an exam, you would have used 5 sheets to answer just one question only to get a big F at the end.
Shame on you.

I was addressing the emotional spurs for the question not the words of it.
Ojukwu himself knew why he was locked up for long. When IBB was in power there were rumours of a master coup plotter like himself who was under permanent lock and key in a maximum security detention facility as well.
Military governments are paranoid and very security conscious. Ojukwu was high risk as a former military officers. He was not locked up for a long time because he was Ibo I am sorry to disappoint you.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
Adminisher:

The RISK PROFILE of Ojukwu was higher than others. He was a former military man, leader of a secessionist region who went into partisan politics. If you allowed him free, what if he linked up with Umaru Dikko (who was the main enemy in the mind of the gov t) they threatened the new government?. To you as civilians it is wickedness, to Ojukwu himself who would have done the same if the shoes were reversed it was expected security issue by a new government trying to prevent a counter coup. My major problem is always why Ibos don't have capacity to understand other people at all and are always operating under a kind of persecution mania. Abacha threw Yardaua and Obj into the worst prisons, injected one with poison and almost got the other with the same treatment and we all shrug it off now because rightly or wrongly Abacha was doing it for his own self survival.

I don hear another one today!! So Buhari arrested Ojukwu not because of corruption but "High risk profile"... ok oh. The question then, between the president of the so called corrupt government and an ordinary citizen, as Ojukwu was as at then, who is more of a risk to Buhari government? I thought it was about corruption, now you have changed?

In other words, Buhari didn't arrest corrupt persons but people he think were his enemies?? Please stop defending Buhari on this, he made a mistake, accept the mistake and move on. He is not infallible.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Justcash(m): 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
Adminisher:

ABACHA threw OBJ and Yar'adua into jail because he accused them of plotting a coup. The reason for their arrest was clearly stated, even though we may not be able to verify how true the accusation was. WHAT WAS THE NAME GIVEN TO OJUKWU'S OWN CRIME THAT EARNED HIM INCACERATION BY BUHARI'S GOVERNMENT?

6 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by cheruv: 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2015
rudedough:
Seun
Obinoscopy
Ngwakwe

This is an educational piece deserving of the front page. We should teach and document our history to understand how far we have come. Please, kindly send this to the frontpage.

Barcanista, why do you always get hustled on your own topics? Yesterday you were shot down, 2 days ago you were ra*ped on your own page, the day before wasn't any different. Bro what have you done to these guys? They seem to be all out to burst you lies and deceit.
the guy talks too much and tells a lot of lies which people are now fed up with. am waiting for berem angry

5 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Justcash(m): 12:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
Freelancer00:
U could have googled it, u know?. Then come and post facts. Some people are lazy to do their own research and dwell on hearsay. That's why its nonsense since it won't change ur mind about voting him

I have googled it. I could not find any tangible reason. I had to ask here to gain more insight because I'm sure some people with adequate knowledge about that event are in this forum.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Adminisher: 12:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
datolee:

I don hear another one today!! So Buhari arrested Ojukwu not because of corruption but "High risk profile"... ok oh. The question then, between the president of the so called corrupt government and an ordinary citizen, as Ojukwu was as at then, who is more of a risk to Buhari government? I thought it was about corruption, now you have changed?

In other words, Buhari didn't arrest corrupt persons but people he think were his enemies?? Please stop defending Buhari on this, he made a mistake, accept the mistake and move on. He is not infallible.

Aha, look at this one o.
What do you think military governments were? Do you think they were constitutionally backed governments. I don't believe I am hearing this question. Why do you think we prayed, fasted, died for democracy. Military governments are the mist illegal entities in the world. They suspend you constitution and rule by decree. Guess who made the decrees in this case?. Less than 40 officers, unelected, usually inexperienced military officers. They make laws and they formulate and execute government policies and they also appoint and influence court judgements. So legislature, executive and judiciary all controlled by 30 unelected people.

Now you are asking me whether it is for corruption they arrested Ojukwu. Was it for corruption they arrested Yaradua?, or Obasanjo?, or killed Abiola whose crime was winning elections?. The entire basis of your treatise is wrong. It is almost like wondering why snakes bite people or why dogs bark.

A military regime is very paranoid. When you shoot yourself into office you don't want to be a victim of the same so you lock up any potential threat. If that threat happens to be a former, well educated Oga from Ibo land who is too bright and has international connections then you better even quickly lock him up and for a longer time if possible.
Amongst the people who.would have voted at the SMC in favour of the lock up of Ojukwu would have been IBB, Domkat Bali, Ebitu Ukiwe, Maduekwe and so many others so please don't blame Buhari alone.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Adminisher: 12:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
datolee:

Buhari arrested a lot of corrupt persons that Nigerians applauded him for. In fact we later realised that they dI'd the arrest to attract support. Please don't let the lies told by Jonathan to confuse you. Most arrests were due to corrupt acts and gave the military governments credibility. They were like the new Nzeogwus. The crating of Umaru Dikko was praised by Nigerian students. I am actually worried about Good luck using this example to disparage Buhwri. It suggests something was missing in Jonathan's upbringing. Psychologists say if you are not radical in your 20s and 30s you have a serious developmental problem.
Th problem with the under 40 generation is they are the most deradicalised generation in history that is why it hard for them to realise that there was a time young people went into the streets when accusations of corruption were made.

Now for Ojukwu I am sure it was risk profiling. If I were military dictator I would have done the same, if Ojukwu himself were military head of state in Nigeria he would have done the same and Ojukwu was military head of state of Biafra and he did the same. Please don't give us maudlin sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Freelancer00(m): 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
Justcash:

I have googled it. I could not find any tangible reason. I had to ask here to gain more insight because I'm sure some people with adequate knowledge about that event are in this forum.
and how many knowledgeable answers have u gotten. Adminisher was explaining things to people, u said its wrong. I guess u didn't want to hear that angle of the story
Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 10, 2015
Adminisher:

Aha, look at this one o.
What do you think military governments were? Do you think they were constitutionally backed governments. I don't believe I am hearing this question. Why do you think we prayed, fasted, died for democracy. Military governments are the mist illegal entities in the world. They suspend you constitution and rule by decree. Guess who made the decrees in this case?. Less than 40 officers, unelected, usually inexperienced military officers. They make laws and they formulate and execute government policies and they also appoint and influence court judgements. So legislature, executive and judiciary all controlled by 30 unelected people.

Now you are asking me whether it is for corruption they arrested Ojukwu. Was it for corruption they arrested Yaradua?, or Obasanjo?, or killed Abiola whose crime was winning elections?. The entire basis of your treatise is wrong. It is almost like wondering why snakes bite people or why dogs bark.

A military regime is very paranoid. When you shoot yourself into office you don't want to be a victim of the same so you lock up any potential threat. If that threat happens to be a former, well educated Oga from Ibo land who is too bright and has international connections then you better even quickly lock him up and for a longer time if possible.
Amongst the people who.would have voted at the SMC in favour of the lock up of Ojukwu would have been IBB, Domkat Bali, Ebitu Ukiwe, Maduekwe and so many others so please don't blame Buhari alone.

You are getting everything mixed up, OBJ and others were arrested because Abacha believed they were plotting a coup against his government... Buhari arrested Ojukwu because of corruption... Ojukwu was investigated on corruption charges and when nothing was found on him, he was discharged, not about high or low risk factor. Why didn't Buhari arrest other retired army generals like OBJ and the likes if it was because of High risk factor.

So the SMC vote on who and who is to go jail? don't make me laugh please. I thought they said Buhari was jailing corrupt leaders. Ok, why was Shagari under house arrest and Ekwueme was in jail? because of corruption or high risk factor?

Simply put, you can't justify the arrest of Ojukwu... or just as you said, Ojukwu was arrest because Buhari was paranoid. That speaks volume about the man Buhari but again the question, why was the arrest only limited to Ojukwu and not other former military men?

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
Adminisher:

Buhari arrested a lot of corrupt persons that Nigerians applauded him for. In fact we later realised that they dI'd the arrest to attract support. Please don't let the lies told by Jonathan to confuse you. Most arrests were due to corrupt acts and gave the military governments credibility. They were like the new Nzeogwus. The crating of Umaru Dikko was praised by Nigerian students. I am actually worried about Good luck using this example to disparage Buhwri. It suggests something was missing in Jonathan's upbringing. Psychologists say if you are not radical in your 20s and 30s you have a serious developmental problem.
Th problem with the under 40 generation is they are the most deradicalised generation in history that is why it hard for them to realise that there was a time young people went into the streets when accusations of corruption were made.

Now for Ojukwu I am sure it was risk profiling. If I were military dictator I would have done the same, if Ojukwu himself were military head of state in Nigeria he would have done the same and Ojukwu was military head of state of Biafra and he did the same. Please don't give us maudlin sentiment.

Again you are mixing it up.. let me make it clear.

If you said Ojukwu was arrest because of profiling, why was he the only person profiled? were other former military leaders (mind you, Ojukwu wasn't even a General in the army) arrested?

If you say that Ojukwu was arrested because of corruption, how possible is it when he was not a government official? why would ordinary party member be in prison while the president of the government under house arrest?

So please tell us the reason for Ojukwu arrest

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Adminisher: 12:55pm On Jan 10, 2015
datolee:

Again you are mixing it up.. let me make it clear.

If you said Ojukwu was arrest because of profiling, why was he the only person profiled? were other former military leaders (mind you, Ojukwu wasn't even a General in the army) arrested?

If you say that Ojukwu was arrested because of corruption, how possible is it when he was not a government official? why would ordinary party member be in prison while the president of the government under house arrest?

So please tell us the reason for Ojukwu arrest

I am telling you allegations of corruption were just a COVER. They were afraid of the guy. They did not do it (arrest him) because he was Ibo which is always what you guys like to hear. So many other people were arrested without trial not just Ojukwu, we are hearing Ojukwu' s case because of his prominence.
The common and most usual official line to the family when you are arrested without trial was always that they were investigating. The worst perpetrator of arrest without trial was IBB (Jonathan's Fada) and Abacha.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Justcash(m): 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2015
Freelancer00:
and how many knowledgeable answers have u gotten. Adminisher was explaining things to people, u said its wrong. I guess u didn't want to hear that angle of the story

I didn't say he was wrong, I asked further questions. I hope to get an answer, which he tried very well to give.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 10, 2015
Adminisher:

I am telling you allegations of corruption were just a COVER. They were afraid of the guy. They did not do it (arrest him) because he was Ibo which is always what you guys like to hear. So many other people were arrested without trial not just Ojukwu, we are hearing Ojukwu' s case because of his prominence.
The common and most usual official line to the family when you are arrested without trial was always that they were investigating. The worst perpetrator of arrest without trial was IBB (Jonathan's Fada) and Abacha.

So could it that some others who we were told were arrested for corruption was not for corruption? So the fight wasn't against corruption but against enemies of the military government?

I repeat again, if Ojukwu who has been away from the Nigeria army for more than 15 years was arrest because he is high risk, why was the immediate past generals of the army not arrested? those who are actually more close to the ranks and files of the army then?

Finally, between Ojukwu and Shagari, who was more of a risk to Buhari government? When IBB came on board, he jailed the head of the government.. Abacha jailed people who he thought were plotting coup against him. The whole world know why they were jailed, so why did Buhari had to lie to the whole world that he was arrest corrupt politicians while he was actually arresting his enemies

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Justcash(m): 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
Adminisher:

IBB AND ABACHA arrested people and placed treason as their crimes. They subjected people to trials and even shot some. Atleast, we do know that they were accused of being coup plotters.

Buhari, on the other hand, arrested people and accused all of them of corruption. But then, it is surprising that he arrested a person like OJUKWU who obviously was not part of the government and whose capability and willingness to muster political influence, of national scale, had waned. OJUKWU COULD NOT EVEN WIN AN ELECTORAL POSITION IN THE EAST AS POINTED OUT EARLIER. Why was such a person arrested? They kept him for 10 months and gave no reason for that.

If OJUKWU was arrested to raise the popularity and support for Buhari's government, as implied in a contribution, whose support are you talking about? How can arresting a man that has been pardoned by the state raise the popularity of BUHARI'S government?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Adminisher: 1:24pm On Jan 10, 2015
datolee:

So could it that some others who we were told were arrested for corruption was not for corruption? So the fight wasn't against corruption but against enemies of the military government?

I repeat again, if Ojukwu who has been away from the Nigeria army for more than 15 years was arrest because he is high risk, why was the immediate past generals of the army not arrested? those who are actually more close to the ranks and files of the army then?

Finally, between Ojukwu and Shagari, who was more of a risk to Buhari government? When IBB came on board, he jailed the head of the government.. Abacha jailed people who he thought were plotting coup against him. The whole world know why they were jailed, so why did Buhari had to lie to the whole world that he was arrest corrupt politicians while he was actually arresting his enemies

The ratio could not have been less than 95% arrested for Corruption and just 5% arrested for Security Risk so what is the point you are making?. All corruption cases were tried by military tribunals and some special courts so don't give me clock and bull about all arrests being due to political enmity. The cases were well publicised, as I said the credibility of the illegal military governments in th eye of the public was always the corruption cases so thy made sure every Nigerian knew about it.
Are you afraid of the truth?. I just told you about a $25bn short term debt overhang on a country selling oil which was just $35 a barrel and a population that n of 90million or more. Which part of the truth are you afraid of, that people stole a lot of money or your President just lied to you again at a rally?
Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
Adminisher:

The ratio could not have been less than 95% arrested for Corruption and just 5% arrested for Security Risk so what is the point you are making?. All corruption cases were tried by military tribunals and some special courts so don't give me clock and bull about all arrests being due to political enmity. The cases were well publicised, as I said the credibility of the illegal military governments in th eye of the public was always the corruption cases so thy made sure every Nigerian knew about it.
Are you afraid of the truth?. I just told you about a $25bn short term debt overhang on a country selling oil which was just $35 a barrel and a population that n of 90million or more. Which part of the truth are you afraid of, that people stole a lot of money or your President just lied to you again at a rally?

Where did you pull the statistics of 95% from? Other Ojukwu, who you claimed was arrested because of his high risk profile, whoelse was arrested based on that or where we told they were arrested because of corruption.

Again, you didn't answer my question, if Ojukwu who has been away from the army and Nigeria for about 15 years was arrested because of his high profile risk, why didn't Buhari arrest the immidate past generals of the army? Between Ojukwu and Shagari who was more of a high risk to Buhari?

5 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by Kolade354(m): 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
Why wont he arrest a rebel leader who doesnt want the unity of nigeria.
Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by theshadyexpress(m): 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2015
Adminisher:

See how u r jumping from pillar to post to defend d devil,God will never allow us be a victim of buhari again amen

GEJ till ojukwu ressurects

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by theshadyexpress(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
Kolade354:
Why wont he arrest a rebel leader who doesnt want the unity of nigeria.

U r just a big fool, after arresting him why did buhari accuse him of corruption and not treason. Ur buhari is a pretender and he will not succeed,he will cry into his grave

GEJ till buhari turns super model

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? by supremus: 1:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
What is Buhari?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC / Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence / Lagos: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Heads To Appeal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.