Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie (28725 Views)

Afenifere, Okogie, Babatope, Others Reply Oyegun: "Buhari Will Lose 2019 If... / Don’t Expect Too Much From Buhari, Cardinal Okogie Tells Nigerians / Mr. President, Stop Mixing Religion With Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by lomprico(m): 8:53am On Jan 11, 2015
Cardinal Okogie is the only man of God in this country that is never afraid to speak the truth. I just like d dude.

4 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by SeverusSnape(m): 8:53am On Jan 11, 2015
biafranqueen:
The guys was emotional you think?
Yeah, That's what I think; He took the issue personal.
You don't allow your emotions becloud your sense of reasoning.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Trut(m): 8:53am On Jan 11, 2015
Vote GEJ for continuity

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Misogynist2014(m): 8:54am On Jan 11, 2015
Mbaka, that name sounds like that of a fake prophet.

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 11, 2015
siraj1402:
Should the man have supported Jonathan, no one will hear all this noise.Who knows that first lady visited him until he turn his back to Jonathan? The man has said the truth though he might be a priest,remember he is also a human being and he is entitle to his opinion.

You need to shut up your mouth how can a man of God support a terrorist or don't you know that buhari is a terrorist that support his fellow terrorist Boko Haram

9 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by olusolaj(m): 8:56am On Jan 11, 2015
cramjones:
I endorse what this little boy did to Cardinal Okogie when he heard what this slowpoke said!

-CramJones

Slowpoke?
And you want to prosper at all?
I don't pity you but I pity you family

7 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by siraj1402(m): 9:00am On Jan 11, 2015
dazey:

You need shut up your mouth how can a man of God support a terrorist
Now imaging u insulting me.If I should reply u in the same way how will u feel?Its my opinion and I never mention ur name. Peace

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by adaybayor(m): 9:00am On Jan 11, 2015
nonsense, they should tell this to pastor oritsejaole
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by adaybayor(m): 9:01am On Jan 11, 2015
olusolaj:

Slowpoke?
And you want to prosper at all?
I don't pity you but I pity you family

why bring his family into this
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Sermwell(m): 9:02am On Jan 11, 2015
biafranqueen:
The guys was emotional you think?
I also agree he was being emotional! Didn't you hear that mama paece refused to give him her personal phone number and that angered him. Open your eyes man!

4 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by ichommy(m): 9:07am On Jan 11, 2015
Very Dangerous
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by dollyptosh(m): 9:07am On Jan 11, 2015
adaybayor:

why bring his family into this
Abi oooo.He allowed his emotions to take over

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by joseph1832(m): 9:09am On Jan 11, 2015
Cardinal Okogie should know that religion and politics are like siamese twin. They mix very well!. Our very lives is guided by politics, everything we do or choose not to do is politics, so what on Earth is the cardinal saying?.

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 9:09am On Jan 11, 2015
mbaka has been misyarning and getting away with libel under the protection of the church

3 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 9:10am On Jan 11, 2015
joseph1832:
Cardinal Okogie should know that religion and politics are like siamese twin. They mix very well!. Our very lives is guided by politics, everything we do or choose not to do is politics, so what on Earth is the cardinal saying?.
lies.
religion and politics is like oil and water
they cq never Mix well
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by okeke00(m): 9:12am On Jan 11, 2015
Some people will just open their mouth and talk rubbish and claimed to be influenced by the spirit of God, the same way some white folk wrote bible and koran and claimed to be influenced with spirit

3 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by CyberWolf: 9:12am On Jan 11, 2015
Though I have my reservation, but the truth is that Mbaka is a true man of God that does not fear anybody except God..He might be your friend but anytime you does something wrong, he will tell you straight away..Still remember that 12 strokes of cane he gave us in 1996 grin cheesy..Good old days..They should leave him alone..

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by tommykiwi(m): 9:14am On Jan 11, 2015
KenSaroWiwa:
You are absoltely free to blend religion with politics.
Says who? Are U sure U r a christian?
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 9:14am On Jan 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Yeah, That's what I think; He took the issue personal.
You don't allow your emotions becloud your sense of reasoning.
the man loves the limelight
he so much love to be in the headline
it makes him money and fame to yab big politicians daily
its all about the green backs

4 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by jentlsoul: 9:14am On Jan 11, 2015
JONATHAN NEXT CAMPAIGNS SPEECH

They stole in millions, we steal in billions
They built refineries, we import fuel
They built national reserve, we squander the reserve
They buy a dollar around 100 naira, we shoot it up to 186
They jail someone for trying to travel with 1500£, my wife now carry $20 million abroad
They tarnished national image, we destroy it
They didn't promise u light, we promised and failed
They built telecommunications, we abandoned it
They caught corrupt leaders and put them in prison, we catch them and let them go
Some don't pay subsidy, some of them paid subsidy in billions, we pay in trillion
They made our soldiers win insurgence, we make them run for insurgence
They declared their asset, we don't declare our asset
They believed stealing is corruption, we outspokenly say stealing is not corruption............GMB 2015.

4 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by joseph1832(m): 9:14am On Jan 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

lies.
religion and politics is like oil and water
they cq never Mix well
Says who? Do you know the amount of politics that has been going on in the church since the early century?.

When you don't know something, say so, stop calling it lies... Even the act of choosing a Pope is done by politics, that is serious politicking.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 9:15am On Jan 11, 2015
CyberWolf:
Though I have my reservation, but the truth is that Mbaka is a true man of God that does not fear anybody except God..He might be your friend but anytime you do something wrong, he will tell you straight away..Still remember that 12 strokes of cane he gave us in 1996 grin cheesy..Good old days..They should leave him alone..
anytime you stop paying him, he yabs you openly

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by SeverusSnape(m): 9:15am On Jan 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

the man loves the limelight
he so much love to be in the headline
it makes him money and fame to yab big politicians daily
its all about the green backs
Definitely.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by ilovecritics(m): 9:16am On Jan 11, 2015
Japhet04:
let me quickly say something

sorry I need enough land to say it

keep scrolling

patience *

K

Monkey!!

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 9:17am On Jan 11, 2015
joseph1832:
Says who? Do you know the amount of politics that has been going on in the church since the early century?.

When you don't know something, say so, stop calling it lies... Even the act of choosing a Pope is done by politics, that is serious politicking.
that is church politics
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by philips70(m): 9:18am On Jan 11, 2015
ucheeee:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/father-mbaka-saga-ill-close-adoration-ground-if-cardinal-olubunmi-okogie/

Politicians are taking their campaigns to churches. Is it a healthy development?
It is not! They should keep religion out of politics. Don’t forget each person has his or her own mind. During harvest, you have the priest and the assistant priest and you go out to invite another priest to preach, that will affect what I am going give, because I have already made up my mind on what I am going to give. They come to church to canvas for votes.

It should not be allowed by anybody. I don’t really know what to do because this election, hmm hmm hmm, I am afraid. Imagine their utterances! Look at what Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) said about Shariah in 2011, that is what they are harping on now in 2015. Why? When did you hear about Shariah last? This kind of thing is annoying. Look at the recent campaign launch that produced over N21 billion. Where did they get the money from when people are hungry? No water. No electricity. No roads. I just wonder what kind of government we have in this country. These are all corrupt persons and they will want me to cast their vote for them.

What is the difference between Mbaka's rants and this response by Rev Okogie? Is it because Mbaka said his in serious anger?

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Soutien: 9:20am On Jan 11, 2015
cramjones:
I endorse what this little boy did to Cardinal Okogie when he heard what this slowpoke said!

-CramJones

You are sick!!! How old are you again?

5 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by donpizzle123: 9:21am On Jan 11, 2015
I am nt a fan of catholic church and i dnt worship in his ministry.i am nt in support of wat e said nd i cnt stand against it.I think wat e said is his opinion and it was clear for us to either support it or go against it while clearly stating ur reason instead of insulting a Rev. Father.I pity pple that are talking evil against an anointed man of God.wetin God go do una......my hand no dey oooo...
.....runnin out of thread at a velocity of 320m/s.

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by gunuvi(m): 9:22am On Jan 11, 2015
Mbaka is synonymous to 'Eye Ibaka' in yoruba. He is a devilish parrot.

3 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by joseph1832(m): 9:23am On Jan 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

that is church politics
So according to you church politics and politics are not the same?.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by biafranqueen: 9:24am On Jan 11, 2015
Sermwell:

I also agree he was being emotional! Didn't you hear that mama paece refused to give him her personal phone number and that angered him. Open your eyes man!
So he would say all that just because of a phone number? What you mean you guys are making this up where is your proof, speak not bad about your anointed, every religious text says it. He is a Pastor of alot of people come on man how can he lie to all those people for toasting Mama P? grin. I mean what about the sick bird that stayed in the cage explain that one? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Priests, Sisters Protest Killing Of Enugu People By Fulanis / Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa / Npower Beneficiaries Attack Atiku And His Media Team For Trying To Discredit It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.