Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie (28728 Views)

Afenifere, Okogie, Babatope, Others Reply Oyegun: "Buhari Will Lose 2019 If... / Don’t Expect Too Much From Buhari, Cardinal Okogie Tells Nigerians / Mr. President, Stop Mixing Religion With Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Suljosh: 10:12am On Jan 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

his mind is wrong
no need to spread the infection
Nah! He spoke his mind & truth. But you hypocrites & yippies wont agree with him.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by mymadam(m): 10:13am On Jan 11, 2015
Politicians are taking their campaigns to churches. Is it a healthy development?

It is not! ... I don’t really know what to do because this election, hmm hmm hmm, I am afraid. Imagine their utterances!

"Look at what Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) said about Shariah in 2011, that is what they are harping on now in 2015. Why? When did you hear about Shariah last?"...

"Look at the recent campaign launch that produced over N21 billion. Where did they get the money from when people are hungry? No water. No electricity. No roads. I just wonder what kind of government we have in this country. These are all corrupt persons and they will want me to cast their vote for them"...

-----

cry Food for thought. He who has a good pair of ears, let him hear. I rest my case. God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 11, 2015
Fr.Mbaka is finished as a man since he had the audacity to use the Name of Holy Spirit for merchandising.He is a disgrace to the catholic community and also the black sheep of the igbo land.Shame on him.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 10:16am On Jan 11, 2015
CyberWolf:
Mbaka makes nothing less than N20M monthly from his Aqua Rapha products only..
you are being conservative
he makes much more than that
in record sales and many more products
he outsells debanj and two baba easily in cds
my question is why do you think he succeds like that
because he is a better businessman or a better singer than others?
ask yourself that question before I will continue to lecture you

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 10:20am On Jan 11, 2015
ijechikky:
Mbaka confused?? Lol if I hear
Ve u heard stories of him nd d past nd present Govnrs of Enugu,"Chimaroke&Sullivan?
Or about d down-fall of Union Bank??
My brodaa d fear of Mbaka is d begining of wisdom...he categorically knws wat he's doing exceptionally..
both Chimaroke and Sullivan beat mbaka black and blue and got away with it.
same as union bank
all are still laughing at his boastful loud mouth

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by CyberWolf: 10:22am On Jan 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

you are being conservative
he makes much more than that
in record sales and many more products
he outsells debanj and two baba easily in cds
my question is why do you think he succeds like that
because he is a better businessman or a better singer than others?
ask yourself that question before I will continue to lecture you
The masses loves him so much because he always speaks for them. Also,it's because he is very close to people.Have you been to his adoration prayers or attended his mass?

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 10:24am On Jan 11, 2015
Suljosh:
Nah! He spoke his mind & truth. But you hypocrites & yippies wont agree with him.
which truth?
have you ever seen the name buhari in the bible?
Show me the bible quotation that has goodluck Jonathan?

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 10:25am On Jan 11, 2015
CyberWolf:
The masses loves him so much because he always speaks for them. Also,it's because he is very close to people.Have you been to his adoration prayers or attended his mass?
I will lecture you today grin
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by rhymz(m): 10:26am On Jan 11, 2015
ijechikky:
Mbaka confused?? Lol if I hear
Ve u heard stories of him nd d past nd present Govnrs of Enugu,"Chimaroke&Sullivan?
Or about d down-fall of Union Bank??
My brodaa d fear of Mbaka is d begining of wisdom...he categorically knws wat he's doing exceptionally..
babe you don't have any sense in your head, Mbaka eme bi chala gi isi..... Can you please tell me the misfortune that has befallen any of these people or Union Bank. My cousins work for the bank I don't recall them complaining..... You should learn to shut up when you don't understand the implications of your ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by rhymz(m): 10:29am On Jan 11, 2015
CyberWolf:
they love him so much yet they voted back Chimaroke in spite of all his nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 11, 2015
But when he supported joe, it was holy spirit abi? Arrant hypocrisy! #change2015 is inevitable!

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by huptin(m): 10:33am On Jan 11, 2015
cramjones:
I endorse what this little boy did to Cardinal Okogie when he heard what this slowpoke said!

-CramJones

Cardinal Okogie is a well respected man of God, who has proven several times that he is a man of totally unimpeachable integrity and a true servant of God. This man has criticized Goodluck several times in the past.
What you wrote up there? Mr Cramjones is just bad. Please remove it and apologise to the man of God.

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by sammyomoh(m): 10:33am On Jan 11, 2015
siraj1402:
Should the man have supported Jonathan, no one will hear all this noise.Who knows that first lady visited him until he turn his back to Jonathan? The man has said the truth though he might be a priest,remember he is also a human being and he is entitle to his opinion.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by CyberWolf: 10:33am On Jan 11, 2015
rhymz:
they love him so much yet they voted back Chimaroke in spite of all his nonsense.
We all know how 2003 was conducted by OBJ and Guobadia..After voting Chimaroke as you said,did they stopped attending Mbaka Adoration? Where is Chimaroke today?
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by paragwua: 10:34am On Jan 11, 2015
bigs stars has done songs for gloworld
but this one is the greatest,it is always
better to support your own.....
lets make the Glo network the best in
Africa... download the Glo unlimited song
by Paul hero.... it is one of the best songs
ever in the history of music making .....A
pure soulful chants and vocals that will
touch your heart... you cant help it but TO
fall in love with the Glo network.make it
viral ... send it to friends. offer links for
downloads ....lets promote our own.... one
Nigeria...it is about oneness .. those in
charge front page Abeg.....YOU can port
right now... Artist
contact..paulheromusic@gmail.com ..Glo
unlimited ....http://
www.datafilehost.com/d/a36dc0f9
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by CyberWolf: 10:34am On Jan 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

I will lecture you today grin
I'm listening grin
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Samneer: 10:38am On Jan 11, 2015
Catholics have always been known for mixing religion with politics.
Go ask about the churches that sprang up in the 2nd to 17th Century.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by philips70(m): 10:41am On Jan 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

that kind of talk should not be heard from the pulpit of the church of God
mbaka should resign and join politics
apart from that, he is just heating up the nation unnecessarily

I would love to see all of your responses when he went all out against Buhari and APC, supporting Jonathan and mama Peace to continue in looting last November. And this includes everyone shouting now or did he do that from his bedroom?

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Kinikini: 10:48am On Jan 11, 2015
''It should not be allowed by anybody. I don’t really know what to do because this election, hmm hmm hmm, I am afraid. Imagine their utterances! Look at what Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) said about Shariah in 2011, that is what they are harping on now in 2015. Why? When did you hear about Shariah last? This kind of thing is annoying. Look at the recent campaign launch that produced over N21 billion. Where did they get the money from when people are hungry? No water. No electricity. No roads. I just wonder what kind of government we have in this country. These are all corrupt persons and they will want me to cast their vote for them''.

Even though His emminence Archibishop Anthony Olubunmi Okogie tried to be neutral, he still gave a knock to GEJ government. Those who have ears, let them hear.

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by NIKEDEEDS(m): 10:50am On Jan 11, 2015
joseph1832:
Cardinal Okogie should know that religion and politics are like siamese twin. They mix very well!. Our very lives is guided by politics, everything we do or choose not to do is politics, so what on Earth is the cardinal saying?.
they don't. Not in any way a rev father is a man of God his business is in the house of God(church) and preaching the word of God. what does APC DPD or GEJ has to do with the word of God or the church The man na zombie sorry to say

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Amadaz(m): 10:55am On Jan 11, 2015
boolet:
Is the Vatican itself not a political empire? Mtsheeeww undecided
its not buddy
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Sermwell(m): 10:55am On Jan 11, 2015
umulobi:
Foolish?Watch ur tongue...when God begins to punish u 2mrw u 'd start accusing innocent relatives..Touch nt my anointed $ my prophet......?
I repeat...YOU AND MBAKA ARE FOOLISH AND FAKE!!!

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by ijechikky(f): 10:55am On Jan 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

both Chimaroke and Sullivan beat mbaka black and blue and got away with it.
same as union bank
all are still laughing at his boastful loud mouth
sweetyy,,U re xo Clueless
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Emperoradrian(m): 10:59am On Jan 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

why has mbaka avoided all the troubles in the catholic church
The corruption
the paedophile priests
open fornication in the churches
konji worrying priests

and all he sees and blames are politicians?
na them cause him problems?
he addresses all cases,by d way,wich paedophile priest hav u seen in nigeria
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Sermwell(m): 11:00am On Jan 11, 2015
biafranqueen:
So he would say all that just because of a phone number? What you mean you guys are making this up where is your proof, speak not bad about your anointed, every religious text says it. He is a Pastor of alot of people come on man how can he lie to all those people for toasting Mama P? grin. I mean what about the sick bird that stayed in the cage explain that one? undecided
That sick bird that stayed was made up by him. Did anybody experienced it?...as for the phone number issue, mbaka said it himself. It is really obvious that you have not been following this event.

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by rhymz(m): 11:00am On Jan 11, 2015
CyberWolf:
We all know how 2003 was conducted by OBJ and Guobadia..After voting Chimaroke as you said,did they stopped attending Mbaka Adoration? Where is Chimaroke today?
so in other words, you are saying Obj and the then INEC chairman are more powerful than Mbaka's god.... That's understandable. Why will Chimaraoke want to destroy his adoration ministry even after getting what he wants, he is bigger than the ed!ot Rev. He is about to go for Senate in case you don't know.

3 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by oduastates: 11:01am On Jan 11, 2015
The Jesus himself was a politician.the Pope is a politician( USA vs cuba).
The church of England always gives running commentaries on issues.
I think it is Okogie who has all his wires tangled up.
That is why I always say that there are no true Christians or Muslims in Nigeria.
They think they are one but seriously speaking,
they are not.
Even on my travels around the world, Nigerian always kinda believe that they are more spiritual or pious than their host. The first question I ask them is ; How many homes in your host country have you entered?
More often that not.
Zero.
They do not integrate.
If anybody wants to take me up on this. Hit me up.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by ijechikky(f): 11:05am On Jan 11, 2015
rhymz:
babe you don't have any sense in your head, Mbaka eme bi chala gi isi..... Can you please tell me the misfortune that has befallen any of these people or Union Bank. My cousins work for the bank I don't recall them complaining..... You should learn to shut up when you don't understand the implications of your ignorance.
If u lie say dt year wey e happn say e no shake union bank den u a liar..
About d Govnrs he rii frustrated em'' I knw u won't agree cos u a goat head..
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Amadaz(m): 11:06am On Jan 11, 2015
I'm a catholic but I'm not supporting Father Mbaka this time. His utterances in recent times leaves much to be desired.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by boolet: 11:06am On Jan 11, 2015
Amadaz:
its not buddy
My statement was meant to be a rhetorical question because I know it is actually a political empire. What we had in the middle ages was feudalism... Bro to cut the long short, type in Google "the Vatican and Feudalism". And bro, one more thing, take this as a question, "How are popes made". I may answer too in my own understanding. Popes are made by election keenly contested by Cardinals. Is electioneering not a political process?
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by patrotic9gerian: 11:08am On Jan 11, 2015
I feel this is some writings framed by the PDP... I doubt if the cardinal made these statements. it looks fake... A cardinal can never slander the Holy Spirit as this writer just did... He can never insult a fellow priest even in public.. Jonathan's aides and ministers are now sitting up to project a good image of him while killing the good image of other caring and patriotic Nigerians..

The next news you would hear is "Cardinal Okojie denies commenting on Father Mbaka's sermon...' Desperate PDP...
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 11:12am On Jan 11, 2015
CyberWolf:
I'm listening grin
now where is all the billions mbaka is making from his businesses going to?
Make we see how clean the messenger is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uromi Community Detained Cow Over Killing Of Vigilante By Herdsmen / Parties Kick Against Plot To Sack Jega / Niger Delta Celebrates Tompolo's 46th Birthday, Unveils T-shirts, Calls Him Hero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.