Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,495 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time (7378 Views)

Why Do Christians Fail To Obey The Ten Commandments? / Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? / Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by Hiswordxray(m): 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
johnydon22:

FAITH: is a strong conviction, feeling or belief that something is true without having evidence of it... So according to the definition of faith as given by the dictionary, i think their is need for you to re-evaluate what you just posted.
When it comes to matters of faith, it is purely based on belief cus their is no evidence for it... If for example you get to see God and perceive his existence in ur conscious self then you will no longer believe (have faith) that he exist but you will KNOW he exist...But as you said it is either their is God or not...which means you conviction is based purely on faith and their is nothing like evidential faith...#BeGoodBro
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Heb 11:1).
Faith is a tangible evidence and the greatest evidence ever. The dictionary has no idea what the Christian faith is.
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by johnydon22(m): 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hiswordxray:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Heb 11:1).
Faith is a tangible evidence and the greatest evidence ever. The dictionary has no idea what the Christian faith is.
Faith is the greatest and tangible evidence...lmao... owk bro.. smiley
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by lilcutie8916(m): 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
I believe you are tired, that why you dints read my coment well.

I never said eve rebels against God, I say "satan urged rebellions against God".

God never disown his creation,God only punished them the way a father will punish his son if they did wrong.
yes by performing worldwide genocide on their asses, how loving and kind, I am truely touched
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by Hiswordxray(m): 7:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
johnydon22:

Faith is the greatest and tangible evidence...lmao... owk bro.. smiley
What do you know about tangible things.
Faith is more real than anything you call real.
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by malvisguy212: 9:10pm On Jan 18, 2015
lilcutie8916:
yes by performing worldwide genocide on their asses, how loving and kind, I am truely touched
this people you claimed God destroyed,did you care to list there evil deed?they killed the weak ones took away there food, they even rape there wife's,are they innocent?am sure 30years coming if God would send brimstone and fire on boko haram, you will called God evil,right?.

There evil deed exceed God have to took eunuch from them,the bible say eunuch was 300years when God took him,around that 300years they would have hered God message and repent but there evil deed exceed. So God judgment come upon them.
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by davien(m): 9:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hiswordxray:

God had given you the greatest proof and it lies deep in your heart.
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by johnydon22(m): 10:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hiswordxray:

alright bro
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by johnydon22(m): 10:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
this people you claimed God destroyed,did you care to list there evil deed?they killed the weak ones took away there food, they even rape there wife's,are they innocent?am sure 30years coming if God would send brimstone and fire on boko haram, you will called God evil,right?.

There evil deed exceed God have to took eunuch from them,the bible say eunuch was 300years when God took him,around that 300years they would have hered God message and repent but there evil deed exceed. So God judgment come upon them.
They raped their wives? hahahahahaha now this made my day...
Ok their were bad all of them, so you really think out of everything on earth only one man was good? ok very nice...
even the little children deserved to be punished and killed too... alright nice one...

2 Likes

Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by davien(m): 11:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hiswordxray:

So since we have different "faiths" on the planet...are they all real?
Is the faith in tooth-fairies based on reality?
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by 1ord: 1:20am On Jan 19, 2015
Hiswordxray:

God had given you the greatest proof and it lies deep in your heart.
grin grin grin jokes
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by 1ord: 1:23am On Jan 19, 2015
malvisguy212:

All you listed here is exactly what the Israelites did under the name of yaweh. undecided CARE TO EXPLAIN?
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by 1ord: 1:24am On Jan 19, 2015
Hiswordxray:

What delusinal bull.s.h.yt is this?
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by Hiswordxray(m): 4:21am On Jan 19, 2015
davien:
So since we have different "faiths" on the planet...are they all real?
Is the faith in tooth-fairies based on reality?
Like I said before the dictionary has no idea what the Christian faith is. The Christian faith is the REALITY.

Everything you see was created by God's word, sustained by God's word and they will also cease to exist by God's word. God's word is the ultimate reality. Everything you see can cease to exist at anytime but God's word remain forever. Right from eternity past God's word had existed and in eternity future it will remain standing even when other things had pass away.

Faith built on God's word is a THE REALITY.
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by Hiswordxray(m): 4:26am On Jan 19, 2015
1ord:
What delusinal bull.s.h.yt is this?
If you don't understand spiritual things then you shouldn't put your nose in spiritual things and you should call it name.
You either learn or you leave. You are the one that is delusional and you need to come to the truth, the REALITY.
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by malvisguy212: 6:55am On Jan 19, 2015
1ord:
All you listed here is exactly what the Israelites did under the name of yaweh. undecided CARE TO EXPLAIN?
https://www.nairaland.com/2032869/did-god-realy-killed-innocent.
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by 1ord: 8:05am On Jan 19, 2015
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by malvisguy212: 8:25am On Jan 19, 2015
1ord:
Bunch of jargon as expected from a bigot.
are you a potential terrorist?I tried to avoid you but You keep on mentioning my ID why nah? Islam is from the pit of hell and it will return there in Jesus name.
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by 1ord: 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
are you a potential terrorist?I tried to avoid you but You keep on mentioning my ID why nah? Islam is from the pit of hell and it will return there in Jesus name.
Nice try but i am irreligious. Missed me with your bull..shy.t now fu.c.k off low life.
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by Kobojunkie: 3:52am On Apr 13, 2023
davien:
Can one have definitive proof of "god" and still be free to reject "god"? (think critically)
Of course! Those who are God's enemies have proof of His existence, after all, they are born of spirit meaning they all have eternal life bestowed upon them. But as Jesus Christ explained in the Parable of the Wheat and Tares, rather than devote their existence afterward to continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of God, they choose instead to reject God and plow the path of sin(disobedience). undecided
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by Maynman: 4:07am On Apr 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Of course! Those who are God's enemies have proof of His existence, after all, they are born of spirit meaning they all have eternal life bestowed upon them. But as Jesus Christ explained in the Parable of the Wheat and Tares, rather than devote their existence afterward to continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of God, they choose instead to reject God and plow the path of sin(disobedience). undecided

And this your god is yahweh?

Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Apr 14, 2023
davien:
■ I understand your point, I'm talking about free-will being not free but imposed if we are forced to do what a "god/gods" wants or face its consequences...
1. Scripturally, freewill lies simply in a choice of obedience and disobedience of God's Law. That's as far as it goes. undecided
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:33am On Apr 15, 2023
davien:
Can one have definitive proof of "god" and still be free to reject "god"? (think critically)

davien:
Free will only works when no rules apply...the christian "god" only has "conditioned will" I.e "as far as you do x and y,z won't happen to you" but this question poses a flaw in christianity itself that christians have always tried to make excuses for... smiley

To gain the accurate knowledge of the God of the Bible you don't just read the books contained in the Bible expecting to understand what is written.
You must read CAREFULLY, study DILIGENTLY, meditate THOROUGHLY and pray FERVENTLY you must find those who are honestly seeking the same treasure {Proverbs 2:1-5} discuss with them on what you both cherish, that's when the God of the Bible will send His angels to pen down your names {Malachi 3:16} and His son will join you in the spirit to enlighten you both on what you seek! Matthew 18:20

Regarding your question according to the Bible Adam, Eve and Cain all knew not just believe God exists because they all heard Him spoke to them yet they still rejected Him.
So it's possible for selfish humans to know the Bible God and still reject Him.
Your opinion about God forcing Himself on humans is wrong, what God does is gave life and life saving instructions so that the recipient can continue living! Isaiah 1:18; 48:17-18 smiley

1 Like

Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On Apr 21, 2023
davien:
■ So how does the devil(taken you believe in the literal being) know "god" exists since you've said it's unrealistic for one to have "definite proof" of "god"?
1. Since the devil is described as being a part of the Kingdom of God and of spirit i.e. eternal, surely he would know God exists. As for proof of God which you, a mere man, seek, well. God promised there would be no proof given you or anyone of such. So, you need to stop wasting your time on such endeavors. undecided
Re: The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2023
davien:
So can no christian really tell us if one can have definitive proof of "god" but still reject "god"? smiley
The answer is yes!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Teevo - A Daily Devotional For Teens / The Car: Another Look At Religious Thinking / For Deepsight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.