Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,139 members, 7,845,781 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart (1141 Views)

See The Marriage Proposal That Got This Lady Rolling On The Floor / Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by onismate: 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2015
I have always been this cool guy to ladies. I don’t like acting desperate or impress any girl.

After a long stay out of town, I finally came back from school and my parents had relocated to another street. Well, it was a pleasure because I don’t want to see old faces in the street. I want to see new faces and make new friends.

I came back home and loved my new area. It’s an area of the rich, even though my parents are not rich. Half of the people staying there are rich. We, Na rent we rent house for there and na one small house wey dem no fence sef. The houses opposite us are duplexes and they easily see what is happening in our compound. Many of those duplexes has relaxation gallery upstairs. Na there many of them go stay for evening come dey see wetin dey happen for another compound from that upstairs. Our house, dem no even fence am. Wetin man go do! And this street is what I describe as “Mind your business.” Everyone is minding his or her own business.

I came out this early morning Saturday to sweep the compound. As I was sweeping, I looked up to the house opposite mine, the gallery, I saw a beautiful young lady. I guessed she was enjoying the morning breeze and watching me sweep. Come see me dey do like Ode immediately I see the girl. The mumu in me came out. na so I come dey look the girl oo. I no sweep again. I come dey look as if say I never see fine girl for my life again. She noticed I was looking at her from where I was, she waved at me. Come see mumu like me. I no fit wave back, responding to her greeting. I was still looking at her before she waved again and shouted “Good morning.” Before I regained consciousness. “ happy weekend,” I greeted and responded. She stood up from the chair she was and walked inside. Chaii, I come dey imagine myself dating her. She was even kind enough greeting. If it were to be other girls, they won’t even bother to look at my face, talk less of speaking to me.

Two days later in the evening, I brought out my plastic chair outside and sat under the Guava tree in my compound. I was there to take the evening breeze. I sat there when the gate of the house opposite mine opened. It was the girl that waved me the other day. She came outside. “This is an opportunity for me,” I thought to myself. It is an opportunity to strike conversation with her, talk and get to know her. She was dressed casually. As I saw her, I stood up, “Hi, good evening” I said to her. “Good morning too,” she responded as I walked towards her. I apologized for not responding to her greetings and wave early enough the other day. “Never mind. I saw your mind was too far,” she said. “I guess it was the too much work, pushing the wheel barrow. So you were tired,” she said again. Chaii, she even see me when I dey struggle they push wheelbarrow when I dey fetch water. Immediately she said that. I come dey swear for the man wey build my house. Every house for the street get water, borehole. Na only us no get. Na only us dem no fence their house. Na only us no get borehole. I come dey stress myself everyday dey push wheel barrow dey fetch water. After fetching, all my muscles will be aching as if I lifted some bags of cements.

“well, that is it,” I said to her. I asked where she was going as I moved closer to her. She said she was just taking an evening walk and maybe get a bread at the other street. “Let me keep you company if you don’t mind,” I said. She didn’t object at all and we walked. I had already forgotten that I had okro soup on the fire. It was the remaining small okro soup remaining and my mum said my dad, she and I would manage it for super at night. I was warming the soup when I went outside for fresh air.

As we walked down the street, I was feeling fly, like a superstar. I won’t I, when the lady am walking with is very beautiful. People were just looking at us as we walked by. She said her name was mercy. I told her mine. We talked about so many things. As we dey talk, my soup dey fire dey burn. Devil don catch me if e burn finish. After about 45minutes of strolling round the street. We came back while she entered their compound. By then, my mum was back and was sited at the veranda. Na so my mama begin para ooo. She said all the soup I kept on the fire had completely burnt and nothing was left. That was when I remembered I had soup on the fire before I followed mercy. Na im be say no food for me for that house that night.

As time went on, I and mercy got more familiar. Not just because they stay opposite mine house, but we became very good friends. I was not intimidated by her family’s wealth.

On the 23rd of December, mercy invited me to their house. That would be the first time of coming into their compound since about one month moving to the street. That day, towards the evening, I knocked at their gate and she came to open the door. Immediately I entered their house, I saw the wonders of God creation. I never knew mercy’s family has a Rolls Royce car. I was only seeing her dad with a Black range rover and her mum with a portable Toyota car. The cars at the garage i saw are up to 7 in number. Indeed mercy’s family is wealthy. How I wish my Dad listened to his grandfather and gone to school, his life, our life wouldn’t have been like that.

As I was admiring the beauty inside their compound, I asked mercy why her parents don’t drive other cars except for the range rover and Toyota. She said they do, maybe I don’t really see them drive other cars. May be I no dey see dem shah. She said the Rolls Royce belongs to her elder brother who is in U.S. He would be coming with his family the next day 24th. That would be the car they would be driving. Na so I come dey imagine if to say my papa go disown me make mercy family adopt me.

We went into their sitting room. The interior décor there is magnificent. She brought a bottle of wine. The wine expensive. She opened it and I took a little and gave the rest to her. She said the wine that has been opened, we would finish it at once, not leaving it. that na money na. Not the N350 wine we buy in our house every Christmas period. The wine was always reserved for visitors for Christmas and New Year. Na so we go dey do the thing small small make e no finish. we go put small for tumbler come give visitors den carry the remaining one go keep for our fridge wey no dey work. Dis one, this girl say we go finish everything there.

After the wine, she brought 2 canned malt and 2 full chicken laps for me. Na so I start to dey devour the things ooo. Though I still remain small for the plate, make e no be say I dey behave like hungry fool come finish everything. I chop only one. I no even finish that one finish. I wanted to ask mercy to tie up the remaining chicken for me so I could take it home. But I coupled myself, doing that would be an embarrassment. Considering it was the first time I was coming there. but poverty na disease shah oo.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/970-my-romantic-impression-that-got-me-an-award

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by onismate: 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2015
As I and mercy was still discussing at their house, one of her friends whom she said graduated from university of Kent in UK joined us. Her name is bellinda. We talked about so many things from politics, sports, entertainment.

After everything, I no wan comot for the house again. how I wish say the place go be my new home. I went to my house. While I was leaving, “Prepare my chicken and goodies oo because am coming to your house on Christmas day ooo,” mercy said. “No problem,” I said to her. But there is problem oo. Wetin I go give her that day! I had spent all my money in my final year and I don’t have any. I am still looking for a job for the main time before going for NYSC. Many firms I went to said I should come January, by then, there would by vacancy. Now wey I no get job, no money. Na mumsy dey give me money for church offering sef.

The N3,500 wey dey my account, I wan use am buy better chicken for my family. At least make we chop for Christmas. Rice don dey. Mercy is nice and awesome and I want to reciprocate her kind gestures, but I no come get money much. Na zobo drink my wum dey plan to make for visitors wey wan come visit us. No money. I made up my mind, I can only give them what I have. If na the zobo, I will give to her.

On Christmas day afternoon, mercy sent me a message on BBM that she was at the gate of their house waiting. I came out of the house and saw she and bellindah. They came towards my house and to my door steps. I never had butterflies inside my stomach. At least I passed through the four walls of university, which had thought me confidence, morals. I don’t have a low self-esteem. We don’t have as much that Christmas, I had decided to give them what I have.

They came into my house. “You have a beautiful place here,” mercy said. I thanked her for the compliment even though there house was better, which I told her. She laughed. As mercy was laughing, I noticed bellindah wasn’t saying anything. She was busy staring at the walls, photos in my house. The way she was looking at them, the weird looks of “yimu” on her face that I felt she was mocking me and my house. As if it wasn’t befitting to the rich man’s eyes. Me no even send her look. I no fit kill myself. The way wey the girl bellindah just dey do her nose as if say my house dey smell. The house wey I sweep dey prepare for the christmas. I used one whole new air freshener for the whole parlor for it to smell nice. I just ignored bellindah’s attitude. If e too smell, make she comot for my house go hug transformer wey dey outside.

They sat down and we began talking. Mercy sat and was very free. Still, bellindah was still on her weird uncomfortable attitude. Sometime she would hiss, another time she would just be adjusting her skirts. Mercy asked her what was wrong with her, she said she will soon be leaving. I asked if she wasn’t enjoying the conversation or the company. She just hissed and said she was. Within me, I feel the girl bellindah is just one head of a demon that is spoiling the atmosphere. It was embarrassing to me.

Well, as bellindah was given the attitude, I felt she wanted to go, I stood up and went to the freezer and brought out a jug full of zobo drink my mum prepared. I brought 2 big fried fish, all tales with it. The zobo sef no too cold because light no too dey. Na wetin I get na im I bring. Chaii, immediately I drop the package for table, see as Bellindah come dey do. “What’s this,” bellindah asked. I told them it was zobo drink. Na so this bellindah girl come squeeze face as if dem stone her nylon bag full of shit. It’s what I have I will give. i learnt she schooled in UK. They are rich. If she is at home, she can eat the expensive things and drink the assorted. This one na my house and wetin I get na im I go give.

Bellindah stood up and said she was leaving. I didn’t bother to ask why or if she didn’t take the zobo drink and my fish. It was mercy that asked her. I don’t know where she said she was going and why she was not going to eat my fish and take my zobo drink. I didn’t even bother to know. I just prayed she should remain there and never come back to my house. Bellindah left.

Mercy took the zobo drink and ate her fish. At first, I thought she wouldn’t like it but she loved the zobo drink. She really enjoyed it. We talked and joked. At a time, she said she wants to go to toilet. Chaii, I come dey fear. Make e no be say the fish and zobo don dey purge this girl. Make dem no come arrest me. I was scared. She stood up and said she was going. I asked if she was purging or just an ordinary stomach ache. She said I should put the remaining zobo into a take away bottle. She wants to take it home. Well, I did as she asked. She thanked me for everything she really seems to have enjoyed every bit of the company, fun and my house. She left.

After 20 minutes she left, I sent her a message on BBM.

“Hi, thanks for the visit, i really appreciate. I believe you enjoyed the drink and fish.”

That was what I sent her. But there was no reply even till 9pm. I called but she wasn’t picking. Fear gripped me. Many thoughts started running through my mind. Hope there was no problem. Hope the purge was just ordinary. Hope say she never land for hospital. She wasn’t picking my calls or replying my messages.

I slept with troubled mind that I had weird dream of Bellindah chasing me with cutlass shouting, “You killed my friend with poisoned zobo.” I didn’t have rest of mind. At around 4:15am the boxing day when I received a reply of the previous day reply of my BBM message. “You have caused commotion in my house,” was her message. Chaii, na so my mind begin beat like pounded yam. I didn’t know what to do. Should I call or not. I was so scared that I had to switch off my phone. Chaii, today wey be boxing day, police go take me learn boxing. Dem go pound like fufu. Dem go beat me like band.

6:30, I couldn’t take it anymore. I brought the remaining zobo leaves that have not been boiled. It was large in a big nylon bag that I took them all outside at the backyard with kerosene and match sticks. I poured kerosene on it. I went inside, and took the remaining zobo drink in the freezer. I threw all of them away. It caused me pain and the police are getting ready to come to my house. I have killed somebody ooo. I went outside to light the match to the zobo leaves when I heard a knock on my house door. My mum shouted my name from her room. She asked me to go check who was at the door. She was awake but I guessed she was yet to be aware of what was happening. I rushed to the door and it was mercy and her older brother. I was surprised and scared. Maybe they have come to take me away. “Why are you not replying my messages,” she asked. “Which message,” I asked. she said I should check my phone. I was scared of what was going on and why she came to my house. I foolishly went to pick up my phone, switched it on and saw her messages where she said she wants more zobo drinks. And that the one I gave her the previous day, her mum and the entire family drank it and they loved it so they want more. She came if there was more remaining so I can give her. Na so I ask myself. na because of zobo drink this girl come my house this early morning. So na im make this girl send me message say commotion dey her house. Because the zobo was delicious and everyone drank it. And I come dey fear sef. Me sef come mumu join am. I immediately started regretting why I threw the zobo drink away. I went to the backyard where I had already poured kerosene untop of the zobo leaves to burn. Chaiiii, I don already pour kerosene untop. I went inside and told mercy and her brother that zobo was no longer available, but I will get my mum to buy and help prepare and will bring it to their house before evening. Na so my family and mercy become close oo. Just through zobo. That is the power of zobo drink. I and mercy became closer. Me wey no sabi prepare the zobo drink, na so I learn am sharp sharp. I learn from my mumsy come go teach mercy and her mama. But them they always prefer the one wey we dey do for our house. they said that one was special with a unique taste. Each time I come visit, if mercy’s mother was around, she will always say, “Hope you brought my zobo.” Na zobo dem take know me for the house now.

Mercy once said if guys were to be proposing with food, she would have fallen for me that Christmas day because I made a very great impression on her. I was different. I didn’t bring the usual chicken, rice or malt and the usual drink people offer. I was different and I brought my own delicacy. I guessed that romantic impression got me an award; Her heart. But wait a minute! Maybe I would do it again in another special way and ask her out.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/970-my-romantic-impression-that-got-me-an-award

4 Likes

Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by Kennywills7(m): 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2015
Bros dis ur story make sense sha o
Interesting my broda
I enjoy am though e long but e sweet pass fried rice wen i eat dis morning
Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by Nairalander01: 12:32pm On Jan 12, 2015
Nna ehn E be like say na book you wan write
Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by LuckyLadolce(m): 12:51pm On Jan 12, 2015
Titled "THE POWER OF ZOBO" grin

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 12, 2015
See story shocked shocked
Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by Tymax(m): 1:59pm On Jan 12, 2015
LuckyLadolce:
Titled "THE POWER OF ZOBO" grin
grin
51 Iweka road, onitsha. 42 pound road Aba. Grab your copy NOW!

2 Likes

Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by Shawl001(m): 2:21pm On Jan 12, 2015
Wow.. This is nice! Great story line...nice concept...good suspense. Bro, U̶̲̥̅̊ really tried. Wait, did U̶̲̥̅̊ truly experience this or U̶̲̥̅̊ saw the story somewhere? #keep it up though#
Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by LuckyLadolce(m): 2:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
Tymax:

grin
bros ooo grin nna mehn u be correct marketer ooo grin!
Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by simafem(m): 2:48pm On Jan 12, 2015
i love your writing style.
funny yet suspense filled
Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by Goahead(m): 5:07pm On Jan 12, 2015
Bring it more pls
Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by onismate: 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2015
Lighternote chimaamaechi17 onatisi suzzy16 SkinnyDude JayJustus Soyedele1 johnsonsegxy Iamoilprince bimbofela honeric01 Moana tosynbolade Phema zeenhle BALLERON otokx

Have u people read this story?
Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by suzzy16(f): 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2015
onismate:
Lighternote chimaamaechi17 onatisi suzzy16 SkinnyDude JayJustus Soyedele1 johnsonsegxy Iamoilprince bimbofela honeric01 Moana tosynbolade Phema zeenhle BALLERON otokx

Have u people read this story?
I'm in already,lemme read it
Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by jamesbridget13(f): 4:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
hmmmmm
Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
wahooo i love this!!!more pls dat place where u threw d zobo away got me laughing cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by jamesbridget13(f): 4:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
Tymax:

grin
lol.... i can see. u be mr home video. lwkmd

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by onismate: 6:06pm On Jun 20, 2015
prettythicksme:
wahooo i love this!!!more pls dat place where u threw d zobo away got me laughing cheesy
hahahahaha a......
Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by JayJustus(m): 6:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
cc: lalasticlala ishilove
you remind me of one of my friend ...your stories ehh...captivates the mind...
Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by onismate: 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2015
JayJustus:
cc: lalasticlala ishilove

you remind me of one of my friend ...your stories ehh...captivates the mind...
thanks brother. Hahahahaha.. If man no get money, we make use of d one we have
Re: The Romantic Impressive Proposal That Won Her Heart by Houseofglam7(f): 8:42pm On Jun 20, 2015
Nice script.
Would buy the full version when it's out

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

E-romance, E-love, EEEEEEEEE. E-world. Must Read. / Reasons Why Some Women Are Unmarried / My Friend And His Crush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.