Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN (95287 Views)

Postgraduate Students Sponsored By NDDC Protest Against Injustice (pics, Video) / Profile Of The New VC Of NOUN – Prof Abdalla Uba Adamu / Discover The New Method Of Payment Of NOUN School Fees with RRR code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by remirez07(m): 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2015
BornSad:

You could be more specific with your questions.
thank you.... I want to know the cost, duration and when admission form will be available.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 1:59pm On Aug 18, 2015
http://www.nou.edu.ng/page/prospective
The above link will give access to e-courseware and registrarable courses for all courses.

PGD and MSc IT students could contact me for past questions papers.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by truvine(m): 2:06pm On Aug 18, 2015
please I need a detail comparism between Msc Bus Admin and MBA.
I looked through the course outline of the two and they are almost different.
pls I need help here on which to choose
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Iybee07: 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2015
Hello Bornsad. Thanks for this thread! Considering applying for an M. Sc. in InfoTech. Studied Comp. Sci. Edu for my first degree. it's related I guess. Secondly, is it still possible to apply @ dis time? Or are the exams close already? How are the exams structured, in terms of times of the year when they are held. Cos, I wouldn't want to fail as a result of limited time.Finally, pls i'll need your email addy. Thanks in anticipation for your reply.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Peters25(m): 5:12pm On Aug 18, 2015
jboixxx:
The above link will give access to e-courseware and registrarable courses for all courses.

pls I am interested.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 18, 2015
Iybee07:

Hello Bornsad. Thanks for this thread! Considering applying for an M. Sc. in InfoTech. Studied Comp. Sci. Edu for my first degree. it's related I guess. Secondly, is it still possible to apply @ dis time? Or are the exams close already? How are the exams structured, in terms of times of the year when they are held. Cos, I wouldn't want to fail as a result of limited time.Finally, pls i'll need your email addy. Thanks in anticipation for your reply.

Sure, they are related.
Sure, you can apply.
Exam is written twice a year and the next is probably in November.
You can PM me.

You're welcome!
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 18, 2015
remirez07:

thank you.... I want to know the cost, duration and when admission form will be available.

Cost: Apart from the base fee of 41k per semester, the rest depends on the number of courses you are taking. Each cost is registered with 2k or 2.5k depending on the credit load and the each course exam is registered with 2k. The sum gives your total fees per semester.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 18, 2015
truvine:

In some courses, we have two types of masters. One is called academic masters while the other is called professional masters.

Academic masters presents you with advanced topics in your field and the choice of narrowing it down to some specific areas thus giving you the opportunity to understand and contribute your own quota in those areas, promote the field more and make use of what you've learned at your place of work.

Professional masters is more job oriented. It perches on the day to day practices of the field in question with respect to actual work environment. It's more accommodating to people from other departments since it's more like a training for the job than an academic research in the field in question. It's usually more expensive though.

The one you choose is amatter of choice.

Here are some examples:

MSc Comp Sci (Academic)/ MIT (professional)
MA Bus Admin (Academic)/MBA (professional)
MA Pub Admin (Academic)/MPA (professional)
Etc.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Ronk2(f): 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2015
Please does NOUN allow HND holders to do their post graduate diploma in education. Thanks expecting your reply
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by truvine(m): 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
Thanks Sir
BornSad:

In some courses, we have two types of masters. One is called academic masters while the other is called professional masters.

Academic masters presents you with advanced topics in your field and the choice of narrowing it down to some specific areas thus giving you the opportunity to understand and contribute your own quota in those areas, promote the field more and make use of what you've learned at your place of work.

Professional masters is more job oriented. It perches on the day to day practices of the field in question with respect to actual work environment. It's more accommodating to people from other departments since it's more like a training for the job than an academic research in the field in question. It's usually more expensive though.

Here are some examples:

Etc.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by truvine(m): 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2015
MBA 889-- Basic french.
what if one didnt pass this one grin grin
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by remirez07(m): 9:16pm On Aug 18, 2015
BornSad:

Cost: Apart from the base fee of 41k per semester, the rest depends on the number of courses you are taking. Each cost is registered with 2k or 2.5k depending on the credit load and the each course exam is registered with 2k. The sum gives your total fees per semester.
Thanks for the details..... How many session is the program? I mean post graduate diploma.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 9:31pm On Aug 18, 2015
remirez07:
Thanks for the details..... How many session is the program? I mean post graduate diploma.
PGD is 2 semesters, all things bn equal.

truvine:
MBA 889-- Basic french.
Provided u meet d minimum graduating units, they ll let u go. so, it is advisable to always register above your graduating units. Example: I registered 6/9units above my graduating units during my pgd , that helped me as one 3unit course was unable to be accounted for by the school/centre (missing result). That was where my excess units helped. Also, d management might increase the number of graduating units during d course of your programme (an experience of a friend of mine-MSc IT from I guess, 41units to 43/44units i.e. all courses must be reg and passed!).

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by wableo: 9:49pm On Aug 18, 2015
jboixxx:

I am a new MSc IT student. I'm interested. Have send you a PM.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by wableo: 11:49pm On Aug 18, 2015
BornSad:

Here are some examples:

Etc.
Good write up. What I want to add is professional master is a terminal master ,that is after its completion u cant use it to run P.H.D. While academic masters is the opposite. So if you want to use your master degree for P.H.D don't apply for professional one.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by wableo: 11:50pm On Aug 18, 2015
BornSad:

Here are some examples:

Etc.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 19, 2015
wableo:

Good write up. What I want to add is professional master is a terminal master ,that is after its completion u cant use it to run P.H.D. While academic masters is the opposite. So if you want to use your master degree for P.H.D don't apply for professional one.

Yeah, true. The course content is isn't channeled towards research....
Good morning...
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 19, 2015
truvine:

MBA 889-- Basic french.

Why would 'one' not pass it? It's called 'Basic', you know what that means? grin
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Ronk2(f): 11:54am On Aug 19, 2015
[quote author=jboixxx post=37084770]http://www.nou.edu.ng/page/prospective

PGD and MSc IT students could contact me for past questions papers. [/quote please can someone with HND do pgd in education. Please i need ur reply
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
wableo:

I am a new MSc IT student. I'm interested. Have send you a PM.

reach me via jboixxx@etisalatng.blackberry.com
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
[quote author=Ronk2 post=37115828][/quote]
Yes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 12:56pm On Aug 19, 2015
Iybee07:

Exams start by 28 Sept for POP, while CBT starts 2-3 weeks afterwards. Remember that all levels write POP exams except 100 & 200L students and all Law students.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by felixboye1(m): 4:08pm On Aug 19, 2015
truvine:
Former is an academic degree while later is a professional degree.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Iybee07: 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
jboixxx:

Exams start by 28 Sept for POP, while CBT starts 2-3 weeks afterwards. Remember that all levels write POP exams except 100 & 200L students and all Law students.

Hello, thanks for your reply. Please, what's POP? From what you've stated here, I guess it's a bad idea to enrol now, since it's almost a month to exams.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by pweetiedee(m): 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2015
I'm presently serving. Can I apply for pgd without NYSC certificate!? And please is there a pgd student in Akure study centre here?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by truvine(m): 5:22pm On Aug 19, 2015
Iybee07:

Hello, thanks for your reply. Please, what's POP? From what you've stated here, I guess it's a bad idea to enrol now, since it's almost a month to exams.
PLEASE, someone should shed more light on the above, especially for those of us just applying.
any possible solution?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2015
truvine:

PLEASE, someone should shed more light on the above, especially for those of us just applying.
any possible solution?
Iybee07:

Id said this before: proceed with your application and registration ONLY if you can cover 80% of all your scheduled courses fir d semester, else, defer your registration till Dec./Jan. That is, you can apply, just defer your registration (don't pay any fees to the bank after been admitted until the new session/semester has been "pronounced open".)
POP: Pen-On-Paper (Theory questions)
CBT: Computer Based Test (Online. Fill-in d gaps and objective questions).

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by jboixxx: 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2015
pweetiedee:
I'm presently serving. Can I apply for pgd without NYSC certificate!? And please is there a pgd student in Akure study centre here?
Your NYSC cert is a requirement.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 20, 2015
pweetiedee:

Normally, you should be able to do so. i know people who did. But considering the new reform within the NYSC board, I suggest you seek more information from your nearest study center.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by truvine(m): 8:32am On Aug 20, 2015
A very good morning to you BornSad.
thanks a bunch for all the help you've been rendering here.
please, I want to ask for an explicit explanation as regards TMA.
am asking this because of the time frame between now and the proposed exam date.
Even If I decide to speed up my reading towards the date, how about the TMA. how is that done
and what time is it.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 20, 2015
truvine:

A very good morning to you BornSad.
thanks a bunch for all the help you've been rendering here.
please, I want to ask for an explicit explanation as regards TMA.
am asking this because of the time frame between now and the proposed exam date.
Even If I decide to speed up my reading towards the date, how about the TMA. how is that done
and what time is it.

The TMA's just got populated. There will be there till exam period. It actually comprises of OBJ questions, twenty each and four per course. You can go, print them out or save them on your system and solve at home then come back later to answer and submit on your TMA portal. Whether you decide to register now or not depends on your abilities. I was in such a constraint during my own time too. Even now, I have hardly read anything and no TMA solved yet..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by truvine(m): 9:01am On Aug 20, 2015
BornSad:

The TMA's just got populated. There will be there till exam period. It actually comprises of OBJ questions, twenty each and four per course. You can go, print them out or save them on your system and solve at home then come back later to answer and submit on your TMA portal. Whether you decide to register now or not depends on your abilities. I was in such a constraint during my own time too. Even now, I have hardly read anything and no TMA solved yet..... cheesy

thank you sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (32) (Reply)

Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student / Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked / 2019/2020 PTDF Local & Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.