Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,536 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Can You Marry An Illiterate? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry An Illiterate? (25754 Views)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / Before You Marry A Divorcee. / Ladies, An Illiterate Rich Guy Or An Intelligent Poor Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by ceejay80s(m): 1:54pm On Jan 16, 2015
obowunmi:
No.

Can't even date a dull person. What will we talk about?
wetin concern dull with an illiterate? Even u don fail the exam, there's no difference between the 2 of u.
Una fit dey read "edet live in calabar or agbo macmillian together
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by braine(m): 1:54pm On Jan 16, 2015
No I can't. Its like employing an illiterate Personal Assistant. Can't work. But am exception can be made if her social skills and her food are good
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by remsonik(f): 1:55pm On Jan 16, 2015
Empero1:

The truth is that , there is a difference between education and illiteracy . There is a higher chance for someone who's informally educated in a multi-ethnicity country like ours to be illiterate in our national lingua franca . Take for instance , an informal educated building technologist ( brick layer ) , let me assume that your local dialect is Igbo language same as the this guy . Now , this kind of person may lack the ability to express himself properly in English language , so also would he find it hard to present his acquired knowledge in the filed of building technology in the queens language . But , I bet you , when you engage him in discussion in your local dialect and hear him talk and lecture you about his specialized field of knowledge in the local dialect in which he was taught the work , you would be amazed at the level of knowledge and wisdom he has . This is also applicable to roadside car mechanics .

Summary of my analysis above is this ; one can be illiterate in a particular language and at the same time be educated . So , life is all about packaging - education and wisdom does it all . You can package that illiterate man in English language , to become the literate man you want him to be in any language of your choice , as long as he has wisdom and is educated ( formally/informally ) . South African president , Jacob Zuma comes to mind , he never had formal education , but you dare not tell me that someone like him is an illiterate , no . I hope you get my drift .
I agree with all your points. I have a male friend that is a graduate and he's excelling well in his career and other aspects of his life but English seems to be his problem. When he speaks the thick ekiti accent is still there.
He doesn't talk much though because people don't give him attention when he speaks but his achievements is speaking for him

Technically speaking I won't dump such a guy if he comes my way for someone who speaks queens English and attended all the ivy league schools yet lack basic wisdom in tackling life issues.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by tuffgongjo(m): 1:56pm On Jan 16, 2015
JustCare:
but I'm sad today
Lick "Sugar" to make your "Belle" "sweet".
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by temmym4(m): 1:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
Joshrob:
I once dated a girl that can't speak Good English,am always scared whenever she want to talk cus I know she must Bleep up,
Funny enough she have a good waec result failing only chemistry

Funny enough, she has infected you with her flaws (The bolded parts) No hard feelings bro. grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by olafunny(m): 1:58pm On Jan 16, 2015
tuffgongjo:
jedijedi grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by eleko1: 1:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
Una shud stop all dis ranting and forming ITK.Love conquer all things not your over sabi.I don see illiterate wife providing for johnny in suit.Noboby come here with I KNOW MENTALITY/wisdom,We all come here with blank mind.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
eleko1:
Is English your MT/FL?If U really care for her,U either help her/enrol her in adult class.No sacrifice is much than dat
I wz scared of her during my own time...mine is intelligent...reads well..had tuff time makin o level results bt I wz proud of her,neva to giv up n giv her all d training she deserves...nw she is in unizik. Doin biz admin afta graduating frm sec sch 2008..she is newly in 200lvl

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by JustCare: 1:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
tuffgongjo:
it taste good but kills... it can't be a solution
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by olafunny(m): 2:00pm On Jan 16, 2015
temmym4:

Funny enough, she has infected you with her flaws (The bolded part) No hard feelings bro. grin
lipsrsealed grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Sezua(m): 2:00pm On Jan 16, 2015
dancok:
and illiterate woman pus.sy dey sweet o.
.....bros, i greet oh
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by obowunmi(m): 2:00pm On Jan 16, 2015
ceejay80s:

wetin concern dull with an illiterate? Even u don fail the exam, there's no difference between the 2 of u.
Una fit dey read "edet live in calabar or agbo macmillian together

Pls speak English or French.

What are you saying?
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 16, 2015
No! undecided
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:00pm On Jan 16, 2015
To me, the word, illiterate is relative. It has nothing to do with whether or not a person has SSCE, ND, NCE, Bsc, Msc or PhD, but what an individual defines it as. To me, I speak more of educated, unedecated than literate, illiterate. Once a person can speak and right good English, I term her as educated, even though she not been to any higher institution (I can even marry her). I wouldn't want to have a wife that has all the degrees but doesn't speak simple and correct English. I prefer to marry a Genevive Nnaji who doesn't have a degree but speaks simple and correct English, to a Patience Jonathan with an NCE and a Bsc, who has been exposed to public life in the last 28 years, but can't speak simple and correct English.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 16, 2015
Even the so called elites/graduates,I find it hard to cope with some of our level of cognition,rationalization and verbal english despite the fact that we graduates,some graduates are so short sighed and gullible that the only difference between them and an illiterate is the ability to write their name,with that said,I seek intelligence even if you not graduate but can speak fluently and write appropriately,lastly an open minded person whom is willing to learn.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by eleko1: 2:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
smiley wink cool
Kio67:
I wz scared of her during my own time...mine is intelligent...reads well..had tuff time makin o level results bt I wz proud of her,neva to giv up n giv her all d training she deserves...nw she is in unizik. Doin biz admin afta graduating frm sec sch 2008..she is newly in 200lvl
God bless U.May your wisdom neva turn to foolishness

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by tuffgongjo(m): 2:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
JustCare:

it taste good but kills... it can't be a solution
Then use Alomo Bitters,you know -x- equals + or no be so maths talk?
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by tuffgongjo(m): 2:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
olafunny:
jedijedi grin
Na Over-licking" dey cause that.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by eleko1: 2:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
cool cool coolKeneri King!
OrlandoOwoh:
To me, the word, illiterate is relative. It has nothing to do with whether or not a person has SSCE, ND, NCE, Bsc, Msc or PhD, but what an individual defines it as. To me, I speak more of educated, unedecated than literate, illiterate. Once a person can speak and right good English, I term her as educated, even though she not been to any higher institution (I can even marry her). I wouldn't want to have a wife that has all the degrees but doesn't speak simple and correct English. I prefer to marry a Genevive Nnaji who doesn't have a degree but speaks simple and correct English, to a Patience Jonathan with an NCE and a Bsc, who has been exposed to public life in the last 28 years, but can't speak simple and correct English.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by olafunny(m): 2:08pm On Jan 16, 2015
tuffgongjo:
Na Over-licking" dey cause that.
lick? lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Clinton594(m): 2:09pm On Jan 16, 2015
Joshrob:
I once dated a girl that can't speak Good English,am always scared whenever she want to talk cus I know she must Bleep up,the girl always pronounce crowd as crown,after many corrections yet she still continue fucking up,I just have to break up with her. But she's very beautiful and caring
Funny enough she have a good waec result failing only chemistry

You mean has
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by cruz419(m): 2:09pm On Jan 16, 2015
Hmmm, for me it depend on ur defination of who is an illiterate cos some people are educated but dont act lyk one who his,?let say dey passed through skol but d skol didnt pass through dem. As for me,going by own undestanding of an who an illiterate is, i can marry one, not just because of LOVE but as far she is reasonable,understanding,and can xpress her self dat gud enough for me.,Being an illiterate is not just about once inability to speak gud english,for me it goes beyound dat#my view#.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by holyokoto(m): 2:12pm On Jan 16, 2015
I take myself as a case study, written English am good, but am not a good orator, meaning I cant speak good English yet am one of the best student during my years in school. does that mean am illiterate? nevertheless illiteracy depends on several conditions

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by snowprince59(m): 2:16pm On Jan 16, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]Marry an illiterate? Damn! Well, it depends on her level of illiteracy. I can't marry a stalk illiterate, one with no good communication skill, dull brain, can't even address d public etc. To avoid........... 'To my fellow widows' 'there is God o' etc. (Ofcuz I didn't mention. Anybody's name o) I may marry an uneducated lady with good communication skills etc. Am I guy that love taste.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by JustCare: 2:17pm On Jan 16, 2015
tuffgongjo:
Then use Alomo Bitters,you know -x- equals + or no be so maths talk?
lol
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2015
eleko1:
cool cool coolKeneri King!
Kennery l'ol'ode.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by ammyluv2002(f): 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2015
justmag:
If u marry for love then it's possible. Kids will say no they can't n adults will recognize that they can't help who they love.
Wow...lovely! I love dis, few lines but loaded
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by sukkot: 2:21pm On Jan 16, 2015
depends on what she is illiterate in. going to school and getting formal education does not make you literate. for example jonathan and patience. so like i said, it depends on what she is illiterate in. in what facet of her life is she illiterate in ? thats the real question

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by ceejay80s(m): 2:22pm On Jan 16, 2015
obowunmi:

Pls speak English or French.

What are you saying?
itiboribo
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by mentorandfriend(m): 2:27pm On Jan 16, 2015
Op, what's your definition of an illiterate before I give you my robust reply.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by tuffgongjo(m): 2:27pm On Jan 16, 2015
olafunny:
lick? lipsrsealed
Not Leaking$not the Licking of your Fantasy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

HIV Positive Man Saved From Homosexuality And Sugar Daddies / Am 29 And Am Scared Of Marriage! / When Does A Disvirgined Gal Start To Enjoy Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.